Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,685 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly (7494 Views)

Buhari To Return 2016 Budget To NASS Over Missing Projects / Jonathan Presents Handover Notes To Buhari (pictures) / Jonathan Presents Cheques & Appointment Letters To Victims Of NIS Tragedy - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Mandelaguy(m): 11:27am On Oct 10, 2012
It is happening live,let me see the idiot that will say GEJ has no sense of direction, the man knows what he is doing.

President Goodluck Jonathan has proposed a total expenditure of N4.92 trillion for the 2013 fiscal year.

Addressing a joint session of the National Assembly, the president said the budget which is based on fiscal consolidation has the deficit reduced to 2.17% from 2.85% in 2012.

The budget maintained an oil benchmark of $75 per barrel as provided in the Middle Term Expenditure Framework with a reduction in the recurrent expenditure and increase in the capital expenditure.

He put the oil production at 2.53 million bpd up by 500, 000 bpd (2.48 million bpd) this year, and a global oil price of $75 a barrel, up from $72 this year.

Jonathan urged The National Assembly to accept a tighter budget because of ongoing uncertainty over oil prices.

“This threat of oil price volatility remains constant and forces us to rely on a prudent methodology when calculating the benchmark price,” he said.

“These are uncertain times in the world economy. We’ve taken necessary steps to mitigate possible negative effects … of a global recession.”

He proposed cutting recurrent expenditure to 68.7 percent of the total budget, from its current 71.47 percent.

The president also added that the government would issue a $1 billion Eurobond next year to finance a gas pipeline for domestic use.

The House of Representatives, had yesterday, adopted the recommendation of its joint committee set up to look into the 2013-2015 Medium Term Expenditure Framework and Fiscal Strategy Paper insisting on increasing the oil benchmark to $80.
www.channelstv.com/home/2012/10/10/jonathan-presents-n4-92-trillion-2013-budget-to-national-assembly/

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Pupita(f): 11:32am On Oct 10, 2012
He has finished the presentation, what a sensible and directional budget. See standing ovation.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Captainajama: 11:34am On Oct 10, 2012
I am impressed, I followed it from start to finish, we are waiting for passage and full implementation,and I believe that the early presentation and passage will lead to full and positive implementation. I know we can get it right....nice one GEJ. Keep up he good fight.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Mandelaguy(m): 11:44am On Oct 10, 2012
Captainajama: I am impressed, I followed it from start to finish, we are waiting for passage and full implementation,and I believe that the early presentation and passage will lead to full and positive implementation. I know we can get it right....nice one GEJ. Keep up he good fight.
You have a good point. Speedy passage will lead to proper timing for full implementation and monitoring,and like the speaker of the house of rep just said, their should be transparency,monitoring and full utilisation of our resources,just as he promised the speedy passage we all crave for. Let us see them make a sincere change.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Demdem(m): 11:50am On Oct 10, 2012
Nigeria has always had beautiful budgets. It didnt start today neither will it end today also. Implementation has always been our problem. even budget 2012 wasnt bad at all except the recurrent part IMO however what is our story today?
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Mandelaguy(m): 11:53am On Oct 10, 2012
Demdem: Nigeria has always had beautiful budget. It didnt start today neither will it end today also. Implementation has always been our problem. even budget 2012 wasnt bad at all except the recurrent part IMO however what is our story today?
Good budget,we are waiting for passage and full implementation,it will start the full transformation cycle,like I Keep saying,I have faith in GEJ he is striving to make a change. Supporting him is our best shot,so that we can shut out the bad eggs that are bent on keeping this country in the clutches of backwardness and poverty.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by obicentlis: 11:54am On Oct 10, 2012
Na today?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Vogue50: 11:55am On Oct 10, 2012
Nice one from the executive arm. We hope and believe that the legislative arm of government will give a speedy passage of the bill. Fiscal year should commence by January to enable full budget implementation before December next year. There is still hope for this country .
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by nwabobo: 11:56am On Oct 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: It is happening live,let me see the idiot that will say GEJ has no sense of direction, the man knows what he is doing.

Madam Ngozi Okonjo iweala is providing the sense of direction.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Demdem(m): 11:56am On Oct 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: Good budget,we are waiting for passage and full implementation,it will start the full transformation cycle,like. Keep saying,I have faith in GEJ he is striving to make a change. Supporting him is our best shot,so that we can shut out the bad eggs that are bent on keeping this country in the clutches of backwardness and poverty.

U can decide to keep faith in him, no yawa. also to those of us that wants him to dissapoint us (afterall, its for our good), respect that. Again, implementation is where i will reserve my praise for and not budget preparation. thats petty.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by PrettyRita(f): 11:57am On Oct 10, 2012
GEJ said the 2013 budget is a budget for infrastructure, agriculture, job creation, economic growth and so on. Well done
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Mandelaguy(m): 11:57am On Oct 10, 2012
Vogue50: Nice one from the executive arm. We hope and believe that the executive will give a speedy passage of the bill. Fiscal year should commence by January to enable full budget implementation before December next year. There is still hope for this country .
2012 budget took them 5 months to pass and right thinking human beigns came after 3 months asking why there could not be full implementation. This country should learn to put things straight.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Mekusnwa: 11:58am On Oct 10, 2012
Omo see men dey hail oga presido, nice one mr president.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Mandelaguy(m): 11:59am On Oct 10, 2012
Demdem:

U can decide to keep faith in him, no yawa. also to those of us that wants him to dissapoint us (afterall, its for our good), respect that. Again, implementation is where i will reserve my praise for and not budget preparation. thats petty.
Is this swallat reading my post at all,are all of us not pitching for speedy passage,full implementation and proper monitoring?
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Demdem(m): 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: Is this swallat reading my post at all,are all of us not pitching for speedy passage,full implementation and proper monitoring?

fool, i think u are confused. does this makes sense.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Charlesnerd: 12:03pm On Oct 10, 2012
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Charlesnerd: 12:03pm On Oct 10, 2012
Budget presentation in Nigeria is always a beautiful and colorful ceremony,implementation is what matters.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Joeadamu86: 12:05pm On Oct 10, 2012
Let's give GEJ the benefit of the doubt with regards to the 2013 budget,I believe a lot of changes will be made..
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Demdem(m): 12:08pm On Oct 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: 2012 budget took them 5 months to pass and right thinking human beigns came after 3 months asking why there could not be full implementation. This country should learn to put things straight.

Oga get ur facts right. The retardeen submitted the 2012 proposals to Nass very late (Middle december 2011) and the NASS completed work by march 2012. Considering the holidays in between, i believe both Houses were fast enough ( approx 3months)

however, Kudos to the Retardeen for submitting it earlier this year than last year

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/77539/1/gej-presents-n4749t-2012-budget-as-nass-demands-fu.html

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Dpeacemaker101: 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2012
My president is heading somewhere. His speech even got the opposition clapping, what a great president we have.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Mandelaguy(m): 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2012
Demdem:

Oga get ur facts right. The retardeen submitted the 2012 proposals to Nass very late (Middle december 2011) and the NASS completed work by march 2012. Considering the holidays in between, i believe both Houses were fast enough ( approx 3months)

however, Kudos to the Retardeen for submitting it earlier this year than last year

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/77539/1/gej-presents-n4749t-2012-budget-as-nass-demands-fu.html
Anu mpam! Wench was the budget passed? When did retardeens like you start querying the president about full implementation? How many months did it take them to pass a budget that was supposed to take care of this year? Why am I responding to a confusion like you?
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by PrettyRita(f): 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2012
Demdem:

No budget has ever been presented earlier. GEJ discovered the problems associated with this and has taken proactive steps. On the scale of significance, national issues and holidays which adds substance to the growth of our nation. Budget was pending, and they where enjoying holidays. If it were to be constituency allowance, they would call off their holidays.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Pupita(f): 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2012
Nigeria will rise and in our lifetime. The president should be supported and see if he will not succeed. This budget should not be delayed like the last one. We are surely heading to a positive place.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by floriana(m): 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2012
That is my style in Bayelsa. That's my boy!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Demdem(m): 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: Anu mpam! Wench was the budget passed? When did retardeens like you start querying the president about full implementation? How many months did it take them to pass a budget that was supposed to take care of this year? Why am I responding to a confusion like you?

i know u love to be disgraced. am at home for u.

the retardeen submitted 2012 budget proposals Dec 2011

the NASS finished work on the budget by march 2012 (national holidays in between ooooo)

http://www.ynaija.com/n4-88-trillion-national-assembly-passes-2012-budget/

The retardeen finally signs the budget to law April 2012 exactly a month when NASS completed their work.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/43000-jonathan-signs-2012-budget-trims-spending.html

what was ur question again fool

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Mandelaguy(m): 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2012
Demdem:

the NASS finished work on the budget by march 2012 (national holidays in between ooooo)

The retardeen finally signs the budget to law April 2012 exactly a month when NASS completed their work.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/43000-jonathan-signs-2012-budget-trims-spending.html

Check my question fo.ol! You just aired your stupidity on this forum.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Demdem(m): 12:23pm On Oct 10, 2012
PrettyRita:
No budget has ever been presented earlier. GEJ discovered the problems associated with this and has taken proactive steps. On the scale of significance, national issues and holidays which adds substance to the growth of our nation. Budget was pending, and they where enjoying holidays. If it were to be constituency allowance, they would call off their holidays.

Did u see in my post where i actually praised the Retardeen for presenting it earlier this time around unlike the one he presented last year? look, 3 months is not too much for both houses to do justice to the budget . its in order, even with holidays they spent 3months.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Demdem(m): 12:26pm On Oct 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: Anu mpam! Wench was the budget passed? When did retardeens like you start querying the president about full implementation? How many months did it take them to pass a budget that was supposed to take care of this year?

Demdem:

i sense u want to run away as usual. I answered ur questions but u claimed i havent. ok lets see if other NLers agree ith u then grin grin grin
ur questions are well-answered grin grin

Mandelaguy: Check my question fo.ol! You just aired your stupidity on this forum.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Mandelaguy(m): 12:27pm On Oct 10, 2012
Demdem:

Did u see in my post where i actually praised the Retardeen for presenting it earlier this time around unlike the one he presented last year? look, 3 months is not too much for both houses to do justice to the budget . its in order, even with holidays they spent 3months.
Let us see what happens this time. My own is for fast and accurate implementation.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Demdem(m): 12:28pm On Oct 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: Let us see what happens this time. My own is for fast and accurate implementation.

fool, av i answered ur question? if i have, why dont u just admit that u are wrong grin grin
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Louis88: 12:34pm On Oct 10, 2012
Late budget presentation has always been one of the excuses that everybody been giving for poor implementation,this is one area that this govt recognized and decided to set things straight,at least now that GEJ has identified this problem and has successfully solved it like he said he would,I believe this is a strong indication that he wants the budget to succeed and impact on the lives of every Nigerian,because this is a challenge that he is giving to his cabinet,they have no excuse not to implement fully now,see, the man really wants things to work in this country.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
IF NA ABOUT GOOD BUDGET PRESENTATION WE FOR DON BETTER PASS DUBAI!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Will Not Go With Biafra / 6 Reasons Why Sowore Should Be Elected As Next President By Dr Malcolm Fabiyi / #BuhariResign Trends Worldwide: Millions Calls For President's Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.