Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service (17685 Views)

Standardgoldng E-currency Exchanger: Nairaland Customer Service. / Chrisvicmall Customer Service (Pay Your Supplier Within 24 to 72 working hours) / Nigerian Banks With Best Interest Rates& Least Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by pdone: 3:52pm On Oct 10, 2012
In your opinion, which of Nigeria banks has worst customer service. Currently I will give it to Diamond bank. First I am always pissed off each time I see their live chat button on their website. The true fact is that the live chat is nothing but a dead chat. If you need urgent help, my advice is never click on the live chat otherwise you will wait until Jesus come again.

Secondly, their unnecessary charges, they keep deducting money from your account and name the fee any name. I have sent emails to them asking them their reason for the deduction and what the names mean but no reply.

Third, try sending an email inquiry to them and 3 days you haven't heard any thing from them.

Fourth, send a complaint about the service, they will reply informing you that they will fix the issue as soon as possible. After five month, come back again you will still see the same particular issue you have reported to them.

Fifth, most of the time, call their customer service number and no one will pick the call and yet they claim that it is 24/7 service.

Why should they call themselves professionals when they fail to understand their customers need.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Booty4me: 9:42am On Oct 11, 2012
FIRSSSSTTTTTT
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Ganys: 9:43am On Oct 11, 2012
Chei, Seun don enter one chance, why people no dey comment na grin
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 11, 2012
1. Gtb (getting worse by the second)
2. Zenith (all they have are fine fine well-dressed girls without manners)

These two banks get serious issues!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by bellalove(f): 9:48am On Oct 11, 2012
UBA is messed up, hv neva gone der 2pay in 4sm1 or cash a cheque and comes out happy, deir customer service is very poor, der r always hvn netwok ish, as it is nw, if I wanna transact a bizness wit u& u mention me goin 2 UBA, 4gt it, coz d biznes don enta voice mail#lousybank#

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nosyke(m): 9:51am On Oct 11, 2012
AmBeautiful: 1. Gtb (getting worse by the second)

Seriously, are you in my head? Exactly what I was going to say.
Zenith's is even worse, I wonder whether all forms of good manners were extracted from the girls at their training school. Unless they perceive you as 'rich' before they attend to you politely.
I will add Union bank and UBA....always crowded. Won't even open account in these banks at Gun point

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 11, 2012

GTB tend to pay more attention to high net-worth customers more these days, which is unfair.

Mostly I do all my transactions in via the e-channels to save myself from all the Banking Hall stress.

Last place I saw hell was UBA, made me wait for almost an Hour on a simple task. angry
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Abujafood: 9:53am On Oct 11, 2012
I'll give it to UBA! Hands down they are number 1 when it comes to disappointing customers. I've sharply withdrawn most of my money leaving a paltry N2000 for them to join GT bank which is far superior to them.

I regret banking with UBA and won't even give them another chance!
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Cruzgee: 9:53am On Oct 11, 2012
GUARANTY TRASH BANK. I used to think GTB could withstand the test of time but unfortunately the bank has become too full of itself to the point that they care less about their customers - am talking from experience here. I am highly disappointed in the bank I had once boasted of. Am sure Tayo Aderinokun will be crying wherever he is now. SHAME!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Sagytarius(m): 9:54am On Oct 11, 2012

I just got off from the phone with a Customer care agent. The response was immediate. And my querry resolved immediately.
@OP, Add, Oceanic Ecobank to the list. Gosh! The only reason I'm still with them is because my monthly pay goes there. And once its paid, I withdraw ALL and transfer to GTB.

#If e nor be GTB, it can never be GTB!
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by nagoma(m): 9:55am On Oct 11, 2012
Standard Cartered -

1. Always reluctant and feel they are doing you a favour by serving you.

2. Its too centralized even a small transaction has to be cleared from Lagos.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by saleeh: 9:55am On Oct 11, 2012
my brother, conventional system of banking is evil and nothing will come out of it execpt evil, why don't you adopt SHARIA SYSTEM OF BANKING?...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 11, 2012
@OP Say What?! Live Chat? grin grin grin

I had to confirm. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by postemail: 9:56am On Oct 11, 2012
Guy, all the banks here are a mess; long queues, poor service, staff with poor work ethics, etc.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by omicron(m): 9:59am On Oct 11, 2012
First Bank of course. Too many retail customers has made quality service both over the counter and at the ATM a big luxury.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Sagytarius(m): 9:59am On Oct 11, 2012
saleeh: my brother, conventional system of banking is evil and nothing will come out of it execpt evil, why don't you adopt SHARIA SYSTEM OF BANKING?...
Akpakpava!!! shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by mikron(m): 9:59am On Oct 11, 2012
for me i think UBA and UNION BNK take the cake, GTB is ok, i dont knw about the poor customer service stuff. But generally they are not doing badly. @ op wetin carry u go diamond bank?
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 11, 2012
ALL R PHUCKED UP
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by hakunamatata1: 10:02am On Oct 11, 2012
Union Bank
Access Bank
they are the best in trying ur patience to its elastic limit.
anyday i intend banking, i do with a lot of:
planning,
strategy
Bravery( to jump queues)
& bath wif a drumload of patience! (in case jumping queue doesnt work) :'

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 11, 2012
hakuna matata: Union Bank
Access Bank
they are the best in trying ur patience to its elastic limit.
anyday i intend banking, i do with a lot of:
planning,
strategy
Bravery( to jump queues)

& bath wif a drumload of patience! (in case jumping queue doesnt work) :'

So you're that fellow that took my spot that day, when I went to get my Checkbook from the car. angry

cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by sunny4life(m): 10:04am On Oct 11, 2012
diamond bank get swagoooo
but no be swag i won chop
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by eliotskido1: 10:09am On Oct 11, 2012
[b] i Thinks the Nigeria Bank with Poor Customer Service should be ECOBANK
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by sunny4life(m): 10:11am On Oct 11, 2012
as 4 me,gtbank is still ok.There are only 2 banks in Nigeria-gtbank and others
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by khaady(f): 10:13am On Oct 11, 2012

TRUE !!!
Even GTB staffs dont have manners.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 11, 2012
Sagytarius:
I just got off from the phone with a Customer care agent. The response was immediate. And my querry resolved immediately.
@OP, Add, Oceanic Ecobank to the list. Gosh! The only reason I'm still with them is because my monthly pay goes there. And once its paid, I withdraw ALL and transfer to GTB.

#If e nor be GTB, it can never be GTB!

obviously you must have called G connect.
Don't worry you would soon have your first experience the day you walk into a banking hall!
I bet you, you would have to restrain yourself from slapping the Customer Service officer at that moment!

Many of their staff are quite arrogant and full of themselves and don't know anything about how best to approach a customer.
Infact in most cases their SECURITY OFFICERS have a better knowledge of customer service than the staff themselves!

As for UBA, one thing i hate about them is their hidden charges.
They can charge you and charge you and charge you for so many things which they would never state before you open the account. And if you not smart, you would never know.
As for their customer service, one word describes it- irritating!
I rather dig a whole in my yard, and put all my money in it, than opening an account in UBA.

Union Bank and Ecobank are still preferable

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by adora4u1: 10:15am On Oct 11, 2012
UBA - United Bank of Aggression!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by KokoBeware: 10:15am On Oct 11, 2012
All of them ooooooooo... i wonder the kind of training the customer service people get.. and no supervisor or manager to keep them in check.. they do as if the work is by force.... except u have million-million in ur account
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 11, 2012
UBA sucks. Terrible bank with fondness for all kinds of criminal deductions, woeful customer service and pathetic everything else. That's why I laugh whenever I see this Tony Elumelu fool prancing about smugly like some kind of banking whizkid. . .for the most part he supervised mediocrity and corruption while at the helm of UBA.

I've since thrown away my UBA passbook and ATM card. Useless bank.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by eliotskido1: 10:16am On Oct 11, 2012
[quote author=eliotskido1][b] i Thinks the Nigeria Bank with Poor Customer Service should be ECO BANK

One Has to regularly cue when you want to pay in and even when Withdrawing Cash. and they have been into this system of Poor service ever Oceanic was in existence before merge sing with them without solution to it
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by petersje8: 10:19am On Oct 11, 2012
Diamondbank and Zenith are best at deducting illegally from customers account. Even their ATM cards dont work in other Bank ATMs machine and other bank's ATMs hardly work in their own ATMs. They just keep deducting money for no just reason. Recently they said ATM withdrawals from other banks is free and wont attract the normal N100 inter-bank withdrawal charge, but only to come out again to charge u 1000naira everymonth for a current account unless u maintain a minimum balance of N250,000. Also usually they charge u 600naira everymonth whether u withdraw or not. This Diamond bank is a thief. Also first bank keep taking 40naira and 65naira on 2weekly basis. Dont even understand this withdrawal. I hv tried most banks and they r same. Now i have to run to Access savings. No more current accounts. Let me see how my 5naira will leave my account again. Diamond bank and Zenith na thief.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by gigz31: 10:20am On Oct 11, 2012
First bank joor..those old women can kill someone with their old rugged looking face...always shouting like market women.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Austinio: 10:21am On Oct 11, 2012

seconded

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items / Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 / South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.