Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service (17686 Views)

Standardgoldng E-currency Exchanger: Nairaland Customer Service. / Chrisvicmall Customer Service (Pay Your Supplier Within 24 to 72 working hours) / Nigerian Banks With Best Interest Rates& Least Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by cobinwayahoo(m): 10:23am On Oct 11, 2012
I must say that all banks in 9ja are totally messed up.Thank u

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by soledayo(m): 10:28am On Oct 11, 2012
GTB BANK IS OK ESPECIALLY CUSTOMER SERVICE IN GTB MOBOLAJI BANK ANTHONY IS ABOVE AVERAGE. ECOBANK/ACCESS/SKYE ARE WORSE.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 11, 2012
Depends on your branch and how much is in there....lol
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by obyrich(m): 10:29am On Oct 11, 2012
All banks have failed and fallen short of the expectation of Nigerians! I'm seriously thinking of creating my own bank in my house. A man once told me that he didn't have a bank account. I was surprised cos he was a businessman. He told me that he buries his money under the plantain tree in his compound plantain to avoid wahala especially after losing momey to savannah bank. In Nigeria u create jobs for yourself, provide all essential services including security. Na God hand we dey.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by success4(m): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2012
Using INDUCTIVE statement may be wrong. The fact that a branch of these bank messed
up is NOT a reason for us to say they are bad. However, I notice those with nasty
character are not really bankers. Some of them studied Yoruba, Agric,Maths etc in school.
Some are transferring aggression of reduced salary to customers. A typical example is SUMBO
a fair lady in GTBank,Ketu Branch. Very nasty lady.

However, in the same branch BIODUN in customer service is great. Very humble and ready to
attend to all customers even during long queue.

It is individual thing my people!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by olu4life(m): 10:46am On Oct 11, 2012
Well,GTB is still above others in customer treatment. Prefer banking with them than others
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by chrisillicious: 10:47am On Oct 11, 2012
Skye bank jooor, their ATM is crap all more other stupid services
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by a1solution: 10:47am On Oct 11, 2012
I thank God this Nairaland review nor mention my bank ‘KESTONE BANK’. That means its No.1
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nightshift(m): 10:50am On Oct 11, 2012
Most Nigerian banks are like the 'Nigerian Prince' whose name Jay Leno always mention anytime he wanted to throw a jab on Nigeria. Bottom line : our banks are mostly dubious and very exploitative in their services.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 11, 2012
a1solution: I thank God this Nairaland review nor mention my bank ‘KESTONE BANK’. That means its No.1
Is that a new Bank ? Havent heard of KESTONE BANK before. Do you mean KeyStone ?
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by vislabraye(m): 10:58am On Oct 11, 2012
What actually turns me off abt some banks is their network. It could be very frustrating when you want to withdraw with your ATM and u see can't dispense cash.
I haven't yet encountered any rude staff. More like sluggish staffs and poor services.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Revealedtv(m): 10:59am On Oct 11, 2012
Eco Bank-Hands Down
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by pdone: 11:02am On Oct 11, 2012
From the response so far, it shows that Nigeria banking system has disappointed us. I think it would be good if Sanusi should pay more attention to these complaints. Moreover my fellow nairalanders, l think it is high time we start posting their workers name and pictures and each branch that is not performing well.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by fittty(m): 11:04am On Oct 11, 2012
Well when a customer service desk is full then you'll get a shitty service regardless of the the banks name
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Dee60: 11:04am On Oct 11, 2012
You only enjoy somewhat good service if you know the staff in your branch. Otherwise, our banks really really come short in the area of customer service. The bigger, the poorer!
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Lerin(f): 11:11am On Oct 11, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] Guys, I think when you compare satan to devil one will still be prefered, thus, GTB, seems better than all of them. They hardly steal your money in account, either current or savings. Also, ability to withdraw or save with your ATM card via their pin pad system reduces frustration time in the banking hall, this technology is not known to other banks. However, their staff are still highly ill-mannered and very arrogant. I still manage to stay in First bank because my salary comes in there after which I move all to GTB, which is our one-eye man in this land of the blinds.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 11, 2012
success4: Using INDUCTIVE statement may be wrong. The fact that a branch of these bank messed
up is NOT a reason for us to say they are bad. However, I notice those with nasty
character are not really bankers. Some of them studied Yoruba, Agric,Maths etc in school.
Some are transferring aggression of reduced salary to customers. A typical example is SUMBO

However, in the same branch BIODUN in customer service is great. Very humble and ready to

Se o fe ki won sack Sumbo ni? Ah ah, kilode!
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by stanuplane(m): 11:16am On Oct 11, 2012
i don't agree with the OP on diamond bank. i bank with them I've never experienced any of the fault you have so graciously listed. i think ur opinion is biased and you could be an agent from a rival bank.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by mapet: 11:24am On Oct 11, 2012
1. Useless Bank of Africa (UBA)
2. Union Bank - can you imagine a senior officer shouting on a customer care officer - "you are wasting too much time with that customer.... cheesy grin grin"

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by mkoabiola: 11:35am On Oct 11, 2012
All of d above
Gone ar d days bankers /customer care are courteous exept u av a fat bank acct wot dem n dey knw u.
Sometimes ago in Zenith Bank,a customer wit was behind me on d que ,he told d lady banker to huury up dat d que is too long,only 4 d banker to shout on d customer not knowing d said customer had a fat bank acct.
D customer in annoyance vowed to withdraw all his millions wit immediate effect.come see d way dey were begging ds guy,he said nva,d manager said if ds guy shud with draw all hs money,d banker will b sacked ,she was on her kneel for 2hrs beeging d guy.I nva knw fine gal can cry n beg lik dat.lol
It wasn't funny dat day,I had to join to beg d guy,d banker was crying and begging .it took hrs b4 d guy av mercy on d banker.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by MznAirA(f): 11:40am On Oct 11, 2012
[s][/s] ow come no one is talking about phb
Sowie keystone bank?? Dat bank sucks
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Ninilowo(m): 11:41am On Oct 11, 2012
Zenit bank all the way with their mannerless girls and some hedeeots @ d counter.
The second is access with unreasonable charges
Coming third is UBA.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by ifeci: 11:45am On Oct 11, 2012
a1solution: I thank God this Nairaland review nor mention my bank ‘KESTONE BANK’. That means its No.1

no rejoice yet o! it could also mean that u guys don't have customers cos whenever I step into that bank, I wonder why u guys open when there are no pple coming in.
BTW, GTB sucks! I had to withdraw my money to the last kobo for nothing but the arrogance of their customer service.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by pato405(m): 11:46am On Oct 11, 2012
the worst bank in Nigeria is still far better than the best civil service sector where nonchalance and uncouth attitude prevails.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by OLEBRUKU(m): 11:47am On Oct 11, 2012
I giv it 2 UBA. I won't 4get my encounter wif dem durin my service yr.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by mrkels(m): 11:54am On Oct 11, 2012
success4: Using INDUCTIVE statement may be wrong. The fact that a branch of these bank messed

Even though I hate it when some useless bank staffs misbehave and don't treat me right and sometimes I even threathen to report them to their headquaters and recommend for some drastic actions, I actually never do because that's someone's source of livelyhood. Let's just hope no one sees this post cos you may have just tarnished someone's career
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by mejai(m): 12:02pm On Oct 11, 2012
embarassedUBA!! R u kiddin me? Wit all dat adverts on telly wit dat 'bushy hair' ugly man wearin suit. Jeeeezzz
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by ifeci: 12:03pm On Oct 11, 2012

I don't agree wit u at the bolded, it is not a function of wot the studied but a result of lack of training in CRM & subsequent monitoring by pple in-charge. even if u studied banking & finance without good customer relationship skills, you wouldn't be any different from them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Adanyebe(m): 12:05pm On Oct 11, 2012
wema Bank grin
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Adanyebe(m): 12:06pm On Oct 11, 2012
RIVER BANK grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by goofie: 12:07pm On Oct 11, 2012
sterling bank.the one customer bank. am sure when dey said one customer, dey meant one customer in d banking hall at a time.

open account.to get account number...wahala.to get d nuban number...trouble.to get atm pin...headache.

if not 4 salary account eh....
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by jay4lyf(f): 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2012
Enterprise Bank(former spring bank) nko?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items / Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 / South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.