Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom (23735 Views)

Armed Robber Lynched By Mob In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) / My Son Was Oruru’s Domestic Help For 10 Years – Yunusa’s Father / Man Almost Lynched To Death For Stealing Petrol In Edo [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by jude33084(m): 8:54am On Oct 11, 2012
Chinwe Biringa, mother of Chiadika Biringa, one of the four University of Port Harcourt students lynched last week at Aluu community by a mob spoke via telephone on a Channels TV program, and said that policemen were present during the killings.

She expressed her disappointment with the approach of the policemen who just looked on and did nothing to stop the gruesome murder of the four boys.

She said, “Eyewitnesses accounts revealed that policemen were at the scene of the incident. Besides, policemen at the police station confirmed to one of the bereaved parents who visited them that policemen were there.

“And the explanation they gave was that they were overwhelmed by the crowd and that they had insufficient bullets in their guns and all that thrash to confront the crowd.

“But those people were only with sticks not with guns. If they really wanted to work they would have worked. If they had done what the Joint Task Force did by firing warning shots into the air when they wanted to collect the corpses, things wouldn’t have gone awry.”

She insisted that her son and his friends were not robbers as claimed by the mob. “We don’t have security in this country. We don’t just have and our children and wards are all over the country. We are only living by God’s grace everyday, because this can happen to anybody any day

“God knows best because nothing stops Him from doing something extraordinary to save them. But may God judge all those who had a hand in the killings.” angry

http://www.ynaija.com/policemen-were-there-when-they-lynched-my-son-mother-of-aluu4-victim/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by jude33084(m): 8:54am On Oct 11, 2012
angry angry
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Burger01(m): 10:10am On Oct 11, 2012
Too bad. Nigerian police, hopeless police...
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Okijajuju1(m): 10:11am On Oct 11, 2012
Welcome to NIGERIA.. People are focused on Aluu.. Meanwhile the whole country has an Aluu mentality..

29 Likes

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Afam4eva(m): 10:12am On Oct 11, 2012
What a silly excuse from the police. All they needed was to fire warning shots into the air and everybody go find their level. The DPO in-charge of that police station should be arrested asap.

***offtopic*** I wonder why a place will be named Aluu(abomination) in the first place. Except that Aluu means something else.

7 Likes

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Dee60: 10:14am On Oct 11, 2012
Quite sad. O God, save Nigeria.
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 11, 2012
Insufficient as in "Empty"

Just exactly what you get when the government fails to live up to Expectations. angry
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by noskeybaba: 10:15am On Oct 11, 2012
i'm sorry but this is the unfortunate situation being experienced in our country. You have a higher chance of being killed by a policeman in nigeria than being saved or rescued by him. All the laws they know are those they will use to intimidate you. quite unfortunate.

7 Likes

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by BashMe1(m): 10:16am On Oct 11, 2012
Police will alwayz av flimsy excuses to execute in lieu of their own stupidity and ignorance. Nicompoo!

1 Like

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by GhostFaceKiller: 10:17am On Oct 11, 2012
The Nigerian Police and other Security outfits need assertive training. Shooting guns in the air is not the only way to disrupt a marauding mob.
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by temmysoremekun(f): 10:17am On Oct 11, 2012
Its so sad!!!!!i just pray that God comforts the parents of these innocent boys.because the memory will linger on in their lives....
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 11, 2012
I asked the same question. Why didn't they fire warning shots in the air?
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Cruzgee: 10:17am On Oct 11, 2012
If they had ired a warning shot in the air, it would be enough to scar the people away in the first place because no body will wait to know how may bullets you got in the first place. It is just an excuse ojare. Am sure the are the Aluu community police that goes about eating groundnuts and putting on bathroom slipperce all over the place - shameless police!

1 Like

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by swtbb(f): 10:21am On Oct 11, 2012
hmmmm wat a pity. Madam take hrt, we all fill ur pain as a mother. d mess has bn done, we only pray God save us dat r living.
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Afam4eva(m): 10:21am On Oct 11, 2012
GhostFaceKiller: The Nigerian Police and other Security outfits need assertive training. Shooting guns in the air is not the only way to disrupt a marauding mob.
In this case shooting into the air can do the magic. the average Nigerian is not ready to die and will beat Usain bolt and break a world record in the hundred meters race the moment they hear the sound of a gun.

13 Likes

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by otunbacymbal(m): 10:21am On Oct 11, 2012
so.so.so.bad for nigerian police..can you just imagine....all the policemen in that station should me charge also for murder..
i think in that community this not there first time of doing this..i also think they have banned policemen not to interfer in
there activities...

1 Like

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by LesbianBoy(m): 10:22am On Oct 11, 2012
NIGERIAN POLICE ARE USELESS!!!! THEY ARE ONLY GOOD AT HARRASSING INNOCENT CITIZENS! They could have just STFU at least they would make more sense than saying their fellow policemen were there and didn't do anything!

1 Like

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by oraclefemi(m): 10:24am On Oct 11, 2012
interesting

6 Likes

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by unekwubaby: 10:24am On Oct 11, 2012
i argued it when somebody told me this morning that the policemen were at the scene of the incident....but, look here were is this contry headingshame to policemen shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by deathmen12: 10:24am On Oct 11, 2012
THIS IS BAD, SO LIVES MEAN NOTHING IN THIS COUNTRY ANYMORE... GOD HELP US
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by olu4life(m): 10:25am On Oct 11, 2012
dopeJemi: OH! God, nat Again, una no dey tire 4 dis aLuu of a thing, na aLuu wan stop d food shortage wen dey come, abeg abeg abeg!!! Cut dis aLuu crap n focus on wat liez ahead, d boyz don die, wetin una wan do again
Now thats what we are saying,bros u get Aluu kinda thought,so wicked and heartless. So u expect everyone to bone the issue ehn?! Let me first ask,if it was ur brother they killed,what will u be presently doing? Going back to office and forget the whole issue?! Smh

23 Likes

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 11, 2012
This incident would have been averted.
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by sindyko(m): 10:28am On Oct 11, 2012
So pathetic the woman is so worrisome abt the death of her son. Wat a mother playin her parental role. Aluu's has cus grievance n mischief in the live of decease family.
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by achi4u(m): 10:29am On Oct 11, 2012
afam4eva:
In this case shooting into the air can do the magic. the average Nigerian is not ready to die and will beat Usain bolt and break a world record in the hundred meters race the moment he hears the sound of a gun.
gringringrin Correct! daz nigerian for you.

But again the issue of boko haram came to mind(the suicide bombers,or are they not nigerians?
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by wendi4life: 10:33am On Oct 11, 2012
Wat a silly excuse!!!dere is no point in wat d policeman said,if they want to do there job definately they will but out of heartlessness and I don't care attitude they did dat!!!they wil all suffer for it from generation to generation!!!

After listening to BBC conversation with one of the deceased father(LLYOD) I pay dis condolence message To the family and friends of Llyod,Tekena,Ugonna and Chidiaka...you have my deepest sympathy,may the comfort of God help you during this difficult time,may the memories you have of them give you strength. Although,no words can help ease the loss that you bear....just know that you...

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by DMainMan: 10:35am On Oct 11, 2012
[size=14pt][size=14pt] u c y Sharia is gud. if it were to b in a sharia state, d worst de would av done is to cut dere hand and that is if they are guilty with witness. But in a lawless christian dominated state, look at what happened. This is a proof of barbarity, violence, hatred, avarice and evil mongering among non muslims. u guys are bloody, scallywag confirmed terrorists infidels that killed your fellow christian uniport students.

No religion wil b accepted except ISLAM. While there is life, there is hope. I understand that the media are doin whateva it takes to ridicle Islam with fallacy but u dont have to fall to their prey anymore.

To know the truth about ISLAM, go to:
http://www.islam.com http://www.islamonline.com http://www.islamicreligion.com

For a free copy of the Holy Qur'an,
Go to: http://www.qurandownload.com

PARADISE AND HELL FIRE IS REAL. U WILL HAVE NO XCUSE ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT undecided undecided undecided[/size][/size]
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by francescainnoce(f): 10:35am On Oct 11, 2012
how are we sure the police men are not from aluu ...if na demdem ....y dae go com interfer...mayb its dir sons who were hiting d planks and all dat...
God help us from all this quark police men...
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by ypzilanti: 10:35am On Oct 11, 2012
Nigeria police is one of the chief culprits in extrajudicial killing.

A few weeks back in APAPA a robber was caught by a mob of people. An officer came there and shot the guy dead if full view of a cheering crowd. A friend was a witness and gave first hand account. He is still disturbed by the incident.

As disturbing as the shooting was, it was the cheering mob that was most disturbing. National Orientation Agency should make some jingles to educate the masses about this crude method of meting out 'justice' by mob action.

A mob is irrational, bloodthirsty and faceless...certainly not the best way to determine guilt or innocence of a suspect.

As a near victim of mistaken identity in my University days, please if you are reading this, always try and save anyone being mobbed by a crowd. I'm not saying to physically do this and injure or kill yourself, but do try and get some law enforcement action.

It is better to save one innocent person than to catch 1000 thieves.

15 Likes

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Super1759: 10:35am On Oct 11, 2012
Police themselves are even worse than ALUU.if you have had a deal with them,you will deduce the fact that,their heart is like their uniform.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by zeefa: 10:36am On Oct 11, 2012
I don't kw y ppu can not ask Questions abt did terrible killing. I have watched the video and d Question I askd mysf was Y r the guyz not makin an attempt to run or speak loud for ppu in d community to kw they do not commit d crime leveled against them. I mean, they are not kids. Its painful to see them just speechless witot sayn a word that will make ppu have a change of mind to either save them or reduce d satanic act being takn on them. My heart still bleeds cos so many questions still run tru my mind about the killing! D whole story seems difficult to read and understand cos there r so many signals picked from the video bn circulated on the internet.
Someone shld tell me Y those guyz are not shouting for HELP!
If they are not in anyway involved in2 anytin discriminating, there shld be a way to sa somtin loud to allow ppu that came arround see reason they shld be freed. Their cloths were removed, molested and killed, still non of them cld atleast insist on comments that might likely get in2 d minds of those arrnd to help them.
Well, only God kws the real story! May d souls rest in peace.

7 Likes

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by wendi4life: 10:36am On Oct 11, 2012
We will treat ur Bleep up ALUU community!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Mad’ Female Kidnapper Caught In Ikire, Osun State / Godwin Moffat-Eyo Ex-NNDC Commissioner Jailed 3 Years For Stealing Transformers / EFCC Double-Crossed & Harassed Me In Ibadan - Twitter User (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.