Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage (33363 Views)

My Cult Encounters –girl, 16, Recounts (Pictured) / One Of The ALUU 4 Killers Caught. / UNIPORT Students And ALUU Villagers Fighting In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2012
The people of Omuokiri Aluu Community have begun to count their losses barely 24 hours after students from the University of Port Harcourt embarked on reprisals to avenge the killings of their colleagues.

The angry students had on Tuesday stormed the community, burnt some houses, cars and other property over the torture and murder of the students on Friday.

Four undergraduates of UNIPORT were lynched by a mob comprising members of the community for allegedly stealing laptop computer and a BlackBerry phone.

The students were Biringa Chiadika of the Theatre Arts Department; Ugonna Obuzor of Geology Department, Mike Toku Llyod of Civil Engineering Department and Tekena Erikena.

When our correspondent visited the community on Wednesday, few of the indigenes were seen bemoaning their losses.

One of the leaders of the community, Sunday Ahanonu, said he had lost all he laboured for to the students’ reprisals.

Ahanonu, whose house was torched by the students, expressed shock that security agents could not stop the rampaging students when they stormed the community.

Sixty-five-year-old Ahanonu and father of 15 children, worked at UNIPORT for 35 years before he retired.

He appealed to the state government and the management of the university to compensate him for the destruction of his property, adding that he and members of his family were not involved in the killings of the students.

Ahanonu said, “I am a retired civil servant. I worked with UNIPORT for 35. But all I have achieved for many years have been destroyed by students from the university. I don’t know where my family and I will lay our heads when my only house has been burnt.

“I lost the sum of N850,000 cash, which I kept in my house. I could not take the money to the bank because I was not feeling okay and went to the hospital. It was at the hospital that I learnt that my house was burnt by the students.”

Also, a woman, who identified herself as Pauline Nwakwo, told our correspondent that she left the village when she learnt that security agents had embarked on mass arrest, but came back to notice that her bar had been burgled.

According to her, the rampaging students forcibly entered her bar and carried away her deep freezer and drinks.

She said, “As a woman, I had to run away when we noticed that the police were embarking on mass arrest. The students broke the door to my bar and took away a deep freezer I bought for N66,000. I want government to pay me back all I have lost.

“The students were killed far from here at the Burrow pit. We don’t know anything about the killings of the students.”

Indigenes of the community were also seen leaving their homes in droves to other places in order to avoid being attacked by the students.

One of them, who gave her name as Comfort, said she was relocating her children to Elele in Rivers State and would only return to Omuokiri Aluu whenever normalcy returns.

http://www.ynaija.com/ticker-aluu-community-counts-its-losses-after-uniport-students-rampage-photo/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Afam4eva(m): 4:12pm On Oct 11, 2012
Hmmm...I guess two wrongs don't make a right.

4 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by miteolu(m): 4:12pm On Oct 11, 2012
Who is ALLU accountant, they have not recorded anything.

7 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by AntiGbagaun(f): 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2012
cool cool cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by megxo(m): 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2012
one word>>>>>>>> EYAAH!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by khadafi: 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2012
Dem neva see anytin!!! see how they r complaining for their properties. what about families of those that lost lives.

12 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by amaka70(f): 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2012
undecideduniport student don't care to know anytin dem dey vex

2 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by zeal500: 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2012
I simply hope that the police will move in quickly the way they did when jungle justice was done to also arrest those who commited arson as well as attempted murder so as to show us the public that justice is not one sided

3 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by amaka70(f): 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2012
uniport student don't care to know anytin dem dey vex
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by sunny4life(m): 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2012
The community totally deserve it

2 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2012
He appealed to the state government and the management of the university to compensate him for the destruction of his property, adding that he and members of his family were not involved in the killings of the students

And who is going to compensate the mothers of the students that were killed? Even if they are given billions of naira the way those boys were killed is too raw. Am happy at this news. Long Live the spirit of Aluta

7 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by nedu2000(m): 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2012
Er....sorry undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by sdiq: 4:19pm On Oct 11, 2012
UNA KING NEVER DIE JOIN STUPID PEOPLE
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Goldenheart(m): 4:19pm On Oct 11, 2012
una neva see anything

1 Like

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by ITbomb(m): 4:19pm On Oct 11, 2012
This is what happens when good men fail to involve themselves in issues.
A retired indigenous officer should have a say in his community concerning issues and not being left for some illiterate Alhaji

4 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Dopefiend(m): 4:19pm On Oct 11, 2012
KARMA. Dnt ever pi.ss dat b.itch off

1 Like

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by gbanikiti(m): 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2012
They should be thanking their gods that none of them where killed! Dem never see anything! They still have the guts to complain about their property! Wicked people!!

1 Like

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Areaboy2(m): 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2012
It is a shame that one wrong is dealt with another wrong. The damn security agencies stood by to watch four boys get killed. Now again they stand by to watch students go on reprisal attacks. We might as well get rid of our police force cos they are utterly useless angry.

where does it stop? where does it lead us to?
We all forget that the innocent will be the ones to suffer! How different are we now from the people that killed those four boys?

Practically a Loose-Loose situation!

Ask yourselves WWJD? undecided

Nigeria undecided

13 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by nagoma(m): 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
Justice in the Jungle. Hail 21st Century Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by packman: 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2012
DIS WEAK STUDENT UNA NEVER DO ANYTING YET FROM INFANTB TO THE OLD KILL DEM ALL MAKE DEM REGRET EVER BEING CALLED ALUU COMMUNITY BURN EVERY SINGLE SOUL.....IN DAT (DEN) CALLED ALUU COMMUNITY

O MY GOD AHHH..... MY TIME IN EKPOMA OOOOO EWO THIS TOWN SHOULD HAVE DISAPPEARED FROM THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH

OKU GA GBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by alluson(m): 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2012
kill them all and keep moving
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by SisiKill1: 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2012
Ahanonu, whose house was torched by the students, expressed shock that security agents could not stop the rampaging students when they stormed the community.
The Irony!

3 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by azpekuliar: 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
In a related development...

BOKO HARAM CONDEMNS ALUU KILLINGS...

Boko Haram has through its spokesman, Abu, condemned in strong terms the killing of 4 students of the University of Portharcourt in Aluu Community. Describing the killings as barbaric and grossly inhumane. In the statement released today in Maiduguri and signed by the secretary of the sect, the sect commiserates with the families of the slain students, loved ones and authorities of the affected institution.
Continuing, he said: “We are, however, consoled by the directive of the President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan that the perpatrators of this dastardly act shall be brought to book."...

15 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by udytex: 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
Must they destroy people's property and do away with they belongings?.........even the guiltless are crying.....wat a confused Nation!!!
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by packman: 4:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
azpekuliar: In other news....

Boko Haram condemns Aluu Killings...

Boko Haram has today through its spokesman, Abu has condemned in strong terms the killing of 4 students of the University of Portharcourt in Aluu Community. Describing the killings as barbaric and grossly inhumane. In the statement signed by the secretary of the sect, the sect commiserates with the families of the slain students, loved ones and authorities of the affected instituition.
Continuing, he said: “We are, however, consoled by the directive of the President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan that the perpatrators of this dastardly act shall be brought to book."...

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Kenyanstar: 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
this situation clearly indicates the level of lawlessness in nigeria. the bugging question is where was the police, intelligence and community policing. the police wereclearly missing in both occasions when they were really needed. A serious lapse in the the security apparatus and its ineptness to prevent loss and damages to individuals and the economy ensures that the governments resolved to change the security situation in the country.
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Okijajuju1(m): 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
[b]WELCOME TO NIGERIA....

I guess thats the solution we all wanted abi?!

We just fought........

JUNGLE JUSTICE with JUNGLE JUSTICE.

Supposedly inncocent students get killed by a few miscreants in the society, the houses and properties of innocent residents of the same community gets destroyed.. CASE SOLVED!!

ANIMALS!!!

Nigeria = 1 big ANIMAL FARM.

Whats the point now?! The 4 boys that got lynched, people asked where the police were.. Now that the reprisal attacks on Aluu happened, wasnt the police there?! F[u]ck it, even the Nigerian Airforce had a Helicopter Gunship hovering the community while the students ran wild in the community plundering it. What has this solved?!!! NOTHING!!

Look at Nairalanders saying the community deserve it.. Yet 4 boys go into a community that has been plagued by incessant robbery and R[a]pe attacks around 5 a.m to recover a supposed loan armed with a gun and collect laptops and phones and in the process got lynched to death by the vigilante hired to guard the community that the Nigerian Police has failed to secure and THEY DIDNT DESERVE IT..

The exact same thing that killed 4 students is the exact same thing that we did in protest of their deaths. We call Aluu people Animals, we are also Animals. The Aluu community thugs lynched and killed 4 students illegally, The Nigerian Army and Police arrested and lynched over 10 suspects legally, the National Association Nigerian Students (NANS) rampaged, looted, destroyed and burnt the community where the boys were killed legally..

NOW MY QUESTION IS: Where is the Law & Order?! Who is right and who is wrong?!!

Again.. To all those people who pointed fingers at Aluu Community , Please BEHOLD YOUR COUNTRY!!

Again I say WELCOME TO NIGERIA.. THIS IS HOW WE RUN THINGS AROUND HERE.. EVERYONE IS THE LAW!![/b]

23 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by adexlink(m): 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
Area_boy: It is a shame that one wrong is dealt with another wrong. The damn security agencies stood by to watch four boys get killed. Now again they stand by to watch students go on reprisal attacks. We might as well get rid of our police force cos they are utterly useless angry.

We all forget that the innocent will be the ones to suffer! How different are we now from the people that killed those four boys?

Nigeria undecided

this same so-called innocent souls were there chanting die die die wen the #ALUU4 hapund
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
Thunder fire dem for there!!!! If na me be that government, I go compensate them with Armored Tanks grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by kaydibs(f): 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2012
Aluu indigens are nt only wicked bt liars too. D anonhonu or wateva man dat claimed to hav lost his money, wat was dat kind of money doing wt him? Ok he was sick so he couldn't go to d bank. So none of his 15 kids cld go pay it in for him? Abeggi! No be today nyash start to dey back. Dey r telling us so we should do wat? Their stupid fridge is it worth more than a human life? Nonsense! Wicked poverty stricken liars! Serves them right!

4 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by homerac7: 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2012
the responses above shows dt Aluu is just a random location and Boko hara + almanjiri killings r just opportunistic events, most Nigerians r capable of ds vices.

@ Area Boy, thanks for a sane response.

@ Okija Juju, u too, thanks for preaching some sanity

9 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by illestchyke(m): 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2012
Area_boy: It is a shame that one wrong is dealt with another wrong. The damn security agencies stood by to watch four boys get killed. Now again they stand by to watch students go on reprisal attacks. We might as well get rid of our police force cos they are utterly useless angry.

Nigeria undecided
listen!! Bleep dat 2 wrongz shittt... We are living in the moses' law generation, which is 'do me,I do u'! I know itz noh rilly fresh tho,buh itz a TIT for TAT tin!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Kills And Buries His Lover Over N.5M In Ogun / Woman Arrested For Ingesting 80 Pellets Of Cocaine At Abuja Airport (Photos) / I Killed My Father Because Of My 70 Thousand Naira With Him, Suspect Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.