Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi (6642 Views)

Soldiers Conveying Goods Step On Mine At Nigeria/cameroon Border. Graphic Photos / Buhari, Obama, Ban Ki-Moon At UN General Meeting (Photos) / Ban Ki-Moon Lays Wreath At Scene Of Bomb Blast At UN House Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by jidestar: 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2012
Published On: Thu, Oct 11th, 2012 Local | By Channels Television Ban Ki Moon commends Nigeria, Cameroon over Bakassi
Share This
Tags The United Nations Secretary-General, Ban Ki Moon has commended the commitment of the governments of Nigeria and Cameroon to honour the obligations of the ruling of International Court of Justice (ICJ) on the controversial Bakassi pennisula.

The commendation was contained in a release issued by Olajumoke Araba, Reference Assistant, United Nations Information Centre, Lagos, Nigeria on the occasion of the 10th Anniversary of the ICJ ruling on the Bakassi Peninsula.

The statement reads: “the Secretary-General commends the commitment of the governments of both countries to honour the obligations of the ruling. He also congratulates the Cameroon-Nigeria Mixed Commission for the commendable efforts it has made in implementing the ICJ ruling.

“The success of the Commission is an embodiment of an innovative approach to conflict resolution. By peacefully resolving their border dispute, Cameroon and Nigeria have provided a positive example for countries around the world facing similar challenges.

“The Secretary-General stresses the importance of addressing the socio-economic, humanitarian and security needs of the populations affected by the demarcation process, including in the Bakassi area. He also highlights the importance of implementing confidence-building measures and fostering cross-border cooperation.

“Finally, he encourages both countries to reach an early agreement on the remaining 200 kilometres of land boundary in order to conclude the demarcation process. The Secretary-General reiterates the commitment of the United Nations to continue its support to Cameroon and Nigeria in implementing the ICJ ruling through the Cameroon-Nigeria Mixed Commission and the Follow-up Committee on the Greentree Agreement related to the Bakassi peninsula, both chaired by the United Nations.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/10/11/ban-ki-moon-commends-nigeria-cameroon-over-bakassi/[url]

Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by jidestar: 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2012
Jonasatan sell out Oh... Ban ki moon is impressed. Oya receive ur recommendation retardeen...Closed door session with UN Ban ki, we know the story. ass licker...

4 Likes

Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2012
Just looking at both of them, I'm wondering who ugly pass.

1 Like

Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by jidestar: 8:14pm On Oct 11, 2012
uihebom: Just looking at both of them, I'm wondering who ugly pass.

That makes both of us. Dem ugly no be small. The difference is dat Ban ki can't sell out his people like retardeen.

1 Like

Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:37am On Oct 12, 2012
Africans and inferiority complex... Only God can save us becos dis has gone too far. African treat each other worst dan shit but are prepared to eat the shit from anything white behind.

1 Like

Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by solomon111(m): 10:37am On Oct 12, 2012
STFU all of you!!.
Jonathan did the best in this situation.
Nigeria had no case.
What this would have done is to severe the good ties we have with cameroon,thereby endangering bakassi indigenes further.
Go and hold Obj and Gowon responsible,afterall they are both alive.
Mscheww!!

7 Likes

Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by sambos994(m): 11:06am On Oct 12, 2012
solomon111: STFU all of you!!.
Nigeria had no case.
What this would have done is to severe the good ties we have with cameroon,thereby endangering bakassi indigenes further.
Mscheww!!

Not that I don't want good ties with Cameroon or anything. But if we sever ties with Cameroon, would anything change in Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by ayobase(m): 11:07am On Oct 12, 2012
Nigeria had no case.
Mscheww!!

Dont mind those fools up there and the up-coming fools that are gonna be spewing saliva all over the place in posts below!

1 Like

Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by Afam4eva(m): 11:07am On Oct 12, 2012
Ehen, this is what our government was expecting. A congratulatory message from a world body. Any right thinking government would prefer a congratulatory message from it's citizens. This is a shame and a sham.

1 Like

Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by jamil2(m): 11:10am On Oct 12, 2012
I don't suprise at all he can do more than that!
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by basisop(m): 11:14am On Oct 12, 2012
Thank you Sir, Please choose another land you will like to give to France or America, you have our support always.

2 Likes

Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by Kslib(m): 11:15am On Oct 12, 2012
What has been done has been done.. Who cares if banki-moon commends Nigeria or not? The people who sold bakassi are smiling to the bank.. These politicians are just plain heartless and wicked.. That's why sometimes i dont blame some people if they refuse to show sympathy for these demons when they fall sick or are at the brink of death.. Eg.. She knows herself

2 Likes

Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by fasttrack(m): 11:18am On Oct 12, 2012
jamil!:
I don't suprise at all he can do more than that!
meself, I don't surprise at all ooooo grin grin grin shocked cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by Super1759: 11:21am On Oct 12, 2012
we have no case anymore.. When 3 world powers have fallen behind cameroun and UN as well. I think gej is handling the case sincerely
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by chucky234(m): 11:22am On Oct 12, 2012
Nigeria had no case.
Mscheww!!
what has the supposed good ties with Cameroon yielded Nigeria,is the Cameroon-Nigeria relations more important than the joy and welfare of the Bakassi people? GEJ had enough time and concrete evidence on ground to appeal ICJ ruing but he chose to receive honours or commendation from UN rather than save the people of Bakassi,OBJ failed on the issue because they couldn't find the supposed treaty signed with Germany in 1817 but GEJ was provided with concrete evidence to appeal the ruling but he ignored all evidence tendered before him.
My friend if you got nothing reasonable to say then shut the fvck up,id.iot.

6 Likes

Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by achi4u(m): 11:35am On Oct 12, 2012
fuc.kup govt
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by sessydoo(m): 11:57am On Oct 12, 2012
fasttrack:
meself, I don't surprise at all ooooo grin grin grin shocked cheesy.

why re u laughin at d guy now? if u wan correct am, its bera u do so n not lafin at him embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by tiwola: 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2012
When everyone made their judgments on Bakassi, did they bother to ask the people what they wanted?
This is the problem with governments everywhere: Leaders have absolutely no perspective on the wants and needs of the people.
smh.
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by ifeci: 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2012
it is better to try! than to siddon conclude! jona no even try at all @ll.
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 12, 2012
Fuk them all
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by LagosBoi2(m): 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2012
basisop: Thank you Sir, Please choose another land you will like to give to France or America, you have our support always.

Rep. Of Benin should claim Badagry, GEJ will be happy to give it away and Nigerians will be glad you did. In additional you will get more world recommendations for doing good. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by adahib: 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2012
When i see things like this,i just shake my head.that is what blacks are good at,licking their way to the whites for a simple thumbs-up. I felt quite infuriated when i read the AGF's position as regards the application for a review.what is the worse that could happen? We lose the case,maybe embarrass ourselves or such but at least,we tried.we may even get a positive ruling,but only if we applied.not applying at all presents only 1 result,failure. I dont think it was a wise option not to apply but then again,this is nigeria where the citizens are treated like filth. Only the ruling elites count....
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by stagger: 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
There are too many people ignorant about that case.

The entire case bordered on border readjustment and allocation of rights to the waters off the Bight of Benin all the way to Sao Tome. Nigeria got more land allocated to it than was lost from Bakassi. Land was carved out from Cameroun and allocated to Adamawa and Taraba states. In addition, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Equatorial Guinea had all the water around that area shared between the 3 countries. The oil in this area is all offshore; the Bakassi landmass is barren. TOTALLY BARREN. THERE IS NO OIL IN THE BAKASSI PENINSULA. I have the facts of this case given to me by one of Nigeria's lawyers to the Hague where this case was handled.

I am sure that the Fed Govt was advised on the implications of an appeal. That would have meant reversing everything we got from that case, because Nigeria actually gained from that judgement. The only snag is that Nigeria should have resettled the Bakassi people into a special area created for them. Our constitution permits the creation of special areas for the purpose of census, voter's registration and elections.

One thing is that we never find out facts before rushing to judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
Super1759: we have no case anymore.. When 3 world powers have fallen behind cameroun and UN as well. I think gej is handling the case sincerely

Dis same US and UK dat Abacha wanted to fight over Nigeria Airways...haba... These western entities are entitled to their opinion and to pursue their interest. That does not stop GEJ administration from doin its job. France or no France.
[url]
https://www.nairaland.com/1071761/what-scared-gej-into-making[/url]u-turn.
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by Bright2(m): 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2012
Honestly i am not from Bakassi penunsula area but i was so bittered that i refused to eat for two days based on this matter. Some times i wonder why can't this man Jonah atleast make us happy for ones? Giant of Africa my foot!
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by KINGwax(m): 1:36pm On Oct 12, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: Africans and inferiority complex... Only God can save us becos dis has gone too far. African treat each other worst dan shit but are prepared to eat the shit from anything white behind.
talk for yourself oh fool!
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by KINGwax(m): 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2012
Nigeria had no case.
Mscheww!!
learn to use your head. How will u blame anyone of them? The court ruled, OBJ complied. After him were two presidents who could have appealed. If they chose to, what da fucck? Even the people affected were too late to react. The time was jes too short for any procedure to be installed for the appeal, plus i bet jonathan never even think of it except when it was aired!
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:49pm On Oct 12, 2012
KINGwax: talk for yourself oh fool!

So, it don't apply to u. Den, why respond u fool.

1 Like

Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 12, 2012
let that as*hole chop KIMCHI and STFU!!!!
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by inspirizu(m): 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2012
stagger: There are too many people ignorant about that case.

The entire case bordered on border readjustment and allocation of rights to the waters off the Bight of Benin all the way to Sao Tome. Nigeria got more land allocated to it than was lost from Bakassi. Land was carved out from Cameroun and allocated to Adamawa and Taraba states. In addition, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Equatorial Guinea had all the water around that area shared between the 3 countries. The oil in this area is all offshore; the Bakassi landmass is barren. TOTALLY BARREN. THERE IS NO OIL IN THE BAKASSI PENINSULA. I have the facts of this case given to me by one of Nigeria's lawyers to the Hague where this case was handled.

I am sure that the Fed Govt was advised on the implications of an appeal. That would have meant reversing everything we got from that case, because Nigeria actually gained from that judgement. The only snag is that Nigeria should have resettled the Bakassi people into a special area created for them. Our constitution permits the creation of special areas for the purpose of census, voter's registration and elections.

One thing is that we never find out facts before rushing to judgement.

You are totally right bro, Nigeria got more land and we shud Be happy.

Talking abt cameroon, its a great loss to dem in dat d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ are the only country close to the Atlantic ocean and can not assess it because there are some island around the place.
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by ticom(m): 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2012
Some of d commentators here are clueless dan wat dey tink GEJ is, if GEJ actually pursued dis case and lost at d end, d same set of pple here wil stil insult him for wastin our national resources on a lost battle. Let us endevour to be constructive in our criticism, afterall GOWON and OBJ are stil alive.
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by jidestar: 7:09pm On Oct 12, 2012
ticom: Some of d commentators here are clueless dan wat dey tink GEJ is, if GEJ actually pursued dis case and lost at d end, d same set of pple here wil stil insult him for wastin our national resources on a lost battle. Let us endevour to be constructive in our criticism, afterall GOWON and OBJ are stil alive.

The blind led by a one eyed man, speak for yourself. Oloshi!

(1) (2) (Reply)

ADAMAWA. Picture Of People Leaving Mubi. / I'm Right Now In Osun...Are There Any Decent Hotels Here? My Goodness! / Minister Of Science And Technology, Ogbonaya Onu Visits Governor Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.