Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency (10627 Views)

APC Leaders Unfair To Tinubu – Akande / The Stupidest Things That Ruined The Jonathan Presidency / PDP Crisis: Mark, Tambuwal Dancing On The Ceiling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 12, 2012
Idokojimmy:
This man is not intone with happenings oooooo. For your info, Maku was forced to apologized and he did.
But objective analysts know that Maku never did anything wrong. The man said the resolution of the house is not an act and consequently has no binding effect on the president. He saw it as an advise from the legislators to the president. VERY SIMPLE AND SELF EXPLANATORY. WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH THIS?
Is resolution a law? Is the president compelled by the constitution to obey all resolution of the house? Isn't there a provision for executive power/ veto power?
People fear the truth. The sooner we begin to accept the truth as it is, the better for us all.
They think Jonathan will be a stooge and cringe 4 dem. Yeye People.
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by kenmusa: 11:02am On Oct 12, 2012
For Nigeria to grow, we need a very strong and dynamic NASS. And I think they are trying to become one. They must be checks and balances in the system. I do not know why some people are always angry whenever the Presidency is being criticized no matter how constructive it is. Dr Okupe is one man who is attention seeker. He is so corrupt that he was among the first set of govt officials sacked by former president Obasanjo in the early stage of his administration. I am surprised that he has returned to govt so soon
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by elRoi: 11:02am On Oct 12, 2012
ifihearam: This useless mark and tambuwal thinks its business as usual,well Mr president i salute your presidential humility,in a bid to succeed you must swallow certain arrogance from nonentities like mark and his cohorts. if the budget is presented late they will complain,now the president has decided to present it early enough for him to kick start his good plans for Nigerians,you tagged it MERE figures and you called yourselves rubber stamps.

Mark is a very stupid man. but that will not deter us from doing that which we were elected for.

Ride on your excellency,no matter what we face we shall triumph
stop calling names....what makes Mark silly in what he said (rubber stamp)? isn't it what it used to be before now lots of sentiments here and there!!! undecided undecided
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by maclatunji: 11:02am On Oct 12, 2012
kennytidistar: na ghana must go dem deey find bunch of rogues and robbers. mtchew. no business as usual

Were all the "Ghana must go" collected in the past broadcast or do you think that corrupt officials make requests for bribe in the public domain? I guess people like you cannot understand the issues until it is too late, maybe you need a key government service like healthcare or security and you can't get. It is then you will want the whole country to sympathise with you. However, when people call for the system to be made to work, you start making ignorant comments to feel "among". They say National Assembly are thieves, let me too call them thieves- abi?
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by MurphyT1: 11:03am On Oct 12, 2012
wot did u expect, when the is no inflow of ghana must go again in the house, he (Tam) had to seek ways to open the way again...all he wants is ''carry us along'' government. i think he understands little or nothing abt vote of thanks, he made another presentation.
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by elRoi: 11:04am On Oct 12, 2012
kenmusa: For Nigeria to grow, we need a very strong and dynamic NASS. And I think they are trying to become one. They must be checks and balances in the system. I do not know why some people are always angry whenever the Presidency is being criticized no matter how constructive it is. Dr Okupe is one man who is attention seeker. He is so corrupt that he was among the first set of govt officials sacked by former president Obasanjo in the early stage of his administration. I am surprised that he has returned to govt so soon

biko tell them...
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by maclatunji: 11:09am On Oct 12, 2012
kenmusa: For Nigeria to grow, we need a very strong and dynamic NASS. And I think they are trying to become one. They must be checks and balances in the system. I do not know why some people are always angry whenever the Presidency is being criticized no matter how constructive it is. Dr Okupe is one man who is attention seeker. He is so corrupt that he was among the first set of govt officials sacked by former president Obasanjo in the early stage of his administration. I am surprised that he has returned to govt so soon

@bolded, they come in two categories:

1. The sycophants who do so for their own benefit.

2. The ignorant ones- those that can't identify the issues talkless of analysing them and making meaningful contributions.

You see, Category 1 manipulates Category 2 to ensure that they remain in power or are close to power at any point in time. If this cycle continues, it spells doom for Nigeria and I am not being dramatic here.
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by teskyg: 11:19am On Oct 12, 2012
We dont even need the National Assembly.David Mark who is the Arrow Head of this smear campaign should point to one project he has excuted in his Constitunecies since he became a Senator.Those that live in Glass Houses should not throw stone.
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by Demdem(m): 11:22am On Oct 12, 2012
teskyg: We dont even need the National Assembly.David Mark who is the Arrow Head of this smear campaign should point to one project he has excuted in his Constitunecies since he became a Senator.Those that live in Glass Houses should not throw stone.

My friend, shut up. its not his duties to execute projects. His is to make laws. if ur question was "what law had he helped in enacting to help his constituent" that would have been better.
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by bubadaniel13: 11:27am On Oct 12, 2012
Demdem:

My friend, shut up. its not his duties to execute projects. His is to make laws. if ur question was "what law had he helped in enacting to help his constituent" that would have been better.
then why are they clamouring for constituency allowance,is it not an executive function to execute project?in an ideal democracy there is checks and balances and separation of powers the National Asssembly is even dabbling into executive functions sef...
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by Demdem(m): 11:30am On Oct 12, 2012
bubadaniel13: then why are they clamouring for constituency allowance,[/b]is it not an executive function to execute project?in an ideal democracy there is checks and balances and separation of powers the National Asssembly is even dabbling into executive functions sef...

[b]if at all there is any such thing then i suppose its basically for their offices (maintenance and staffs upkeep) which they are expected to have in their various constituencies (many of them dont sha). NASS should be stopped from personally executing projects
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by jadakiss213(m): 11:42am On Oct 12, 2012
Demdem:

if at all there is any such thing then i suppose its basically for their offices (maintenance and staffs upkeep) which they are expected to have in their various constituencies (many of them dont sha). NASS should be stopped from personally executing projects
NO Sir..these legislathieves were collecting money to execute constituency projects..They have been doing this for years.Now,GEJ is putting a stop to all that..what do u expect them to say?
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by maclatunji: 11:47am On Oct 12, 2012
jadakiss213: NO Sir..these legislathieves were collecting money to execute constituency projects..They have been doing this for years.Now,GEJ is putting a stop to all that..what do u expect them to say?

Help me out here by giving evidence of the two bolded statements.
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by Demdem(m): 11:56am On Oct 12, 2012
^^

Seconded. Besides what he claimed they collect are constituency ALLOWANCES. There is a big difference here.
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by teskyg: 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2012
It is not news that Billions of Naira is allocated to both Arms of the National Assembly for Counstitunecy Projects which ends up in the pockets.Execept you guys are new or playing to the Gallery like your cohorts in the National Assembly.
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by bubadaniel13: 12:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
Demdem: ^^

Seconded. Besides what he claimed they collect are constituency ALLOWANCES. There is a big difference here.
Go and find how much NASS budget for 469 people hundreds of billions,constituency allowances in the National Assembly is as old as the Roman empire since 1999,and I find that unjustiable cos it's an executive function.
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by Demdem(m): 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
teskyg: It is not news that Billions of Naira is allocated to both Arms of the National Assembly for Counstitunecy Projects which ends up in the pockets.Execept you guys are new or playing to the Gallery like your cohorts in the National Assembly.

During OBJ tenure it was in vogue and of cos we keep on hearing constituency projects till date. the question is "Does the executives presently give NASS members Money to finance these projects themselves?" This has been stopped since IMO. All constituency projects are awarded by the executives and in turn members take keen interests on those projects. No one is playing to any gallery and besides am not in support of NASS members executing projects.
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by Demdem(m): 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2012
bubadaniel13: Go and find how much NASS budget for 469 people hundreds of billions,constituency allowances in the National Assembly is as old as the Roman empire since 1999,and I find that unjustiable cos it's an executive function.

Read first to understand my position before exposing ur hatred of me.
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by takedat(m): 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2012
The Presidency should stop this approach of playing victim all the time.The budget from the executive is mere figures and the National Assembly is constitutionally empowered to appropriate budget.The problem with budgeting in Nigeria is implementation which is the responsibility of the executive.The president should sit up and utilise this budget effectively and oversee those MDA,s that have nade civil servants turn to overnight billionaires
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 12, 2012
53% Implementation of the 2012 Budget within 5 months of its passage is excellent. I had expected 50% Implementation in 6 months, but the Executives have done a wonderful job being able to implement 53% in just 5 months. The Question is; Is there something the Legislators want us to understand when they insist on disbursement of 90-100% of budgeted funds within just 5 months of budget approval? The Executives, I understand, are executing the 2012 in a very prudent fashion on a month by month planned schedule and by January 2013, the remainder of the 2012 budgeted allocation will be consolidated with the 2013 Budget allocation. The Legislators again, were too quick to adjudge the Budget as MERE figures. Do they want to add their own 'Egunje' inside as they used to do during OBJ's regime to be shared behind closed doors ? I guess the GEJ administration has done great, by making sure that funds are no more issued to Legislators for their Constituency projects as was done in previous administrations, they now have to liaise with the ministries for choices of project demand from their constituencies and it will be executed by relevant ministries. What is really their plans ? I had expected them to say, Health and Education is not getting priority attention, and I also expected to hear arguments about recurrent expenditures, but got none of those technical national interests in the conflicts. Anyway, I expected them to over react, and resist being rubber-stamp legislators cos they want to also 'add something' to the amounts 'to be shared' but GEJ administration is not ready for such 'back-stabbing' betrayal of the Nigerian people. GEJ - FRESH AIR!!!

1 Like

Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by maclatunji: 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2012
take dat: The Presidency should stop this approach of playing victim all the time.The budget from the executive is mere figures and the National Assembly is constitutionally empowered to appropriate budget.The problem with budgeting in Nigeria is implementation which is the responsibility of the executive.The president should sit up and utilise this budget effectively and oversee those MDA,s that have nade civil servants turn to overnight billionaires

This government reminds me of a lazy man who complains that his community doesn't love him. Is it the community that has to change or him?
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by thelastPope(m): 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2012
Demdem: If being truthful is regarded as unfair by the presidency then i think the presidency has a problem.

So you support that the FG should throw monies around? It is sad that people like you will support anything even if it is against the well being of NIgeria. It only means you are a paid critic
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by dayo23(f): 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Stop deceiving yourself. Budgeting is never Nigeria's problem. IMPLEMENTATION. .simples. The present government led by GEJ does not have the capacity to implement budgets and is a governmrnt of rogues and paddy paddy chop I chop rob belle awuf government. How do expect a Trainee President to be able to implement a technical budget?
. Thinkin of that too...thief thief President
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by thelastPope(m): 12:49pm On Oct 12, 2012
maclatunji:

Help me out here by giving evidence of the two bolded statements.

It is the height of hypocrisy and display of backward and destructive partisanship that will make you claim you dont know NASS has been collecting billions as constituency project monies and pocketing it. Not to include what they demand from the MDAs. To deny this means you just want to fight GEJ for your selfish reasons
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by thelastPope(m): 12:50pm On Oct 12, 2012
dayo23: . Thinkin of that too...thief thief President

so you seriously support the NASS to keep stealing Nigeria dry? Not suprised
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by thelastPope(m): 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2012
maclatunji:

@bolded, they come in two categories:

1. The sycophants who do so for their own benefit.

2. The ignorant ones- those that can't identify the issues talkless of analysing them and making meaningful contributions.

You see, Category 1 manipulates Category 2 to ensure that they remain in power or are close to power at any point in time. If this cycle continues, it spells doom for Nigeria and I am not being dramatic here.

So which category of sychophants do you represent? The thieving NASS or Tinubu?
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by Demdem(m): 12:54pm On Oct 12, 2012
thelastPope:

So you support that the FG should throw monies around? It is sad that people like you will support anything even if it is against the well being of NIgeria. It only means you are a paid critic

Fool, where in my post did i suggest such?
better still, where in Mark or tambuwal's position which i agree with did such came from?
me think u are eternally foolish.
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by Demdem(m): 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2012
take dat: The Presidency should stop this approach of playing victim all the time.The budget from the executive is mere figures and the National Assembly is constitutionally empowered to appropriate budget.The problem with budgeting in Nigeria is implementation which is the responsibility of the executive.The president should sit up and utilise this budget effectively and oversee those MDA,s that have nade civil servants turn to overnight billionaires

Wonderful post. especially the red words.
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by thelastPope(m): 1:01pm On Oct 12, 2012
Demdem:

better still, where in Mark or tambuwal's position which i agree with did such came from.

So Mark and Tambuwal suddenly love Nigeria more than all of us? They are so concerned about implementation that they passed the budget in May? They took one week to go around the 36 states of the country and came back to say the budget implementation was poor? Tambuwal who was installed by Bankole is now a saint that wants Nigeria to move forward? so why are they clamouring for an increase in their allowee? You argue like a kid and curse because you are shallow. Just like you type everyting in bold because you are weak and are seeking attention. Try and be more confident in yourself when you converse

2 Likes

Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by Dpeacemaker101: 1:02pm On Oct 12, 2012
afam4eva:
This labaran Maku guy's mouth runs like a newly commisioned tap in a rural area. I expect him to apologize that he's known for after talking before thinking.
seems you are not even following trends here or even reading your newspapers.
Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by Dpeacemaker101: 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
Demdem:

better still, where in Mark or tambuwal's position which i agree with did such came from?
must every topic on naira land turn to a fight or forum to rain abusive words on people? I tire for you oooo

1 Like

Re: Mark, Tambuwal Unfair To Jonathan - Presidency by Demdem(m): 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2012
thelastPope:

[s]So Mark and Tambuwal suddenly love Nigeria more than all of us? They are so concerned about implementation that they passed the budget in May? They took one week to go around the 36 states of the country and came back to say the budget implementation was poor? Tambuwal who was installed by Bankole is now a saint that wants Nigeria to move forward? so why are they clamouring for an increase in their allowee? You argue like a kid and curse because you are shallow. Just like you type everyting in bold because you are weak and are seeking attention. Try and be more confident in yourself when you converse[/s]

The usual crap. when u say "all of us" do u even know the meaning? are they Ghanaians? The question is what exactly is wrong with their comments which is the main issue of this thread? Is it not what they are constitutionally empowered to be doing. U dont like the NASS, likewise i, i dont but that wont stop me from stating it as it is.

Secondly u should be ashamed with that LIE of urs that they passed budget in MAY. They passed a budget that was presented to them in December was passed by NASS in MARCH and the retardeen signed in April. Go to the first page of this thread and get the facts there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters / Governor Okorocha Reacts To The Protest By Pensioners / Buhari In Durban, South Africa, To Seek $40 Billion Investments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.