Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,751 members, 7,802,301 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... (2969 Views)

'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy / Consider The Workability Of This Business Idea / Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by 222Martins(m): 8:45am On Oct 12, 2012
I have read the book Rich Dad Poor Dad and i must tell you, it is one of the most controversial books in history because it challenged the views of millions of people all over the world. While some claim the principles stated in the book is impractical, others have recorded tremendous success just by following Robert Kiyosaki's principles and i believe i am part of the latter. I have also read all the books in the rich dad's series. One thing i have noticed is that some people have a problem comprehending the principles and to be sincere with you, i read the book about three times to fully grasp all it says. Since the aim of this forum is to share ideas and help one another, i am now throwing out a helpful challenge and here's the challenge:

Prove to me that the Rich Dad principles are not applicable in the Nigerian settings and i will prove you otherwise. The aim of this is to help broaden your financial insights. Thanks.
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by Rooneyboy(m): 9:19am On Oct 12, 2012
Mr Ajaero Tony Martin pls let's stop deceiving yourself ; rich Dad poor dad principles aren't applicable in Nigeria.

I have gone through ur site and can boldly tell u here that there's NOTHING SPECIAL about that site of yours. it is just a normal type of site for a hustling nigerian youth.

I'm well convinced that that's all u have to offer , pls prove me wrong by telling me other businesses that ur into.

1 Like

Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by 222Martins(m): 9:27am On Oct 12, 2012
Rooneyboy: Mr Ajaero Tony Martin pls let's stop deceiving yourself ; rich Dad poor dad principles aren't applicable in Nigeria.

I have gone through ur site and can boldly tell u here that there's NOTHING SPECIAL about that site of yours. it is just a normal type of site for a hustling nigerian youth.

I'm well convinced that that's all u have to offer , pls prove me wrong by telling me other businesses that ur into.

Rooneyboy, so you expect me to spill my businesses on a public forum. Why i would have loved to, others might view it in a bad light so i won't and it's also against my personal ethics. Secondly, you said the rich dad's principle is impractical in Nigeria, can you please tell me one of such principles and i will prove you wrong. Please i am here to share information and also learn; not engage in unproductive arguments.
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by chinnyonwu(m): 6:25am On Oct 14, 2012
Yea I was amazed people are saying his principles are impracticable in Nigeria. Robert Kiyosaki stirred my entrepreneurial spirit when I was about 15 yrs and honestly, the money I made then, I havnt seen it again now. Ɩ☺Ɩ ... Mainly because my mum started getting annoyed and telling me to chose between school and business (I was ontop of my class though)
Back to the topic.. If you don't understand a principle, try to get someone to explain them for you. In every business there are some people thinking 'oh that's a very risky and stupid business, I won't do it again' and there are some people making the big bucks out of it. Always try to learn from people its working for before criticizing.
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by chinnyonwu(m): 6:28am On Oct 14, 2012
The basic thing Robert Kiyosaki preaches is increasing asset column so they can pay for ur liabilities.
Where the technicality comes in is how fast you can do that, with how little capital, lowest risk and highest return investments, good and bad debt, leveraging etc (financial intelligence).
But in all honesty I seriously doubt if Roberts 'Rich Dad' existed. The man was too damn perfect... More like a prophet. Lol
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by 222Martins(m): 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2012
chinnyonwu: Yea I was amazed people are saying his principles are impracticable in Nigeria. Robert Kiyosaki stirred my entrepreneurial spirit when I was about 15 yrs and honestly, the money I made then, I havnt seen it again now. Ɩ☺Ɩ ... Mainly because my mum started getting annoyed and telling me to chose between school and business (I was ontop of my class though)
Back to the topic.. If you don't understand a principle, try to get someone to explain them for you. In every business there are some people thinking 'oh that's a very risky and stupid business, I won't do it again' and there are some people making the big bucks out of it. Always try to learn from people its working for before criticizing.

After reading your post, i initially doubted you are a Nigerian until i checked your profile pictures. One of the factors militating against the progress of Nigerians is cynicism and a perception of negativity. Blessed are those who read, re-read, understand and implement. I still stand on my assertion that i am where i am today because i followed Robert Kiyosaki's principles religiously. Thanks Chinnyonwu for your insight.
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by 222Martins(m): 12:20pm On Oct 14, 2012
chinnyonwu: The basic thing Robert Kiyosaki preaches is increasing asset column so they can pay for ur liabilities.
Where the technicality comes in is how fast you can do that, with how little capital, lowest risk and highest return investments, good and bad debt, leveraging etc (financial intelligence).
But in all honesty I seriously doubt if Roberts 'Rich Dad' existed. The man was too damn perfect... More like a prophet. Lol

Unfortunately, most people will just refuse to comprehend even when the lessons are so so clear.
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 14, 2012
the Above mentioned author radically changed my worldview and my life has never remained the same. grin
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by 222Martins(m): 6:19am On Oct 16, 2012
Brand_new: the Above mentioned author radically changed my worldview and my life has never remained the same. grin
Thanks for your input. I am yet to see the haters and critics drop a point.
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 16, 2012
222Martins:
You're welcome. However, I'm a little bit skeptical ever since the new came out about R Kiyosaki's filling for bankruptcy. Whatever it is, i'm hoping it was a proactive business move and not that he's really gone broke.
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by Soulcaine(m): 10:22am On Oct 16, 2012
I accept the challenge and will want it to be proven to me that his principles work. I have read his books ''guide to investing'' and ''rich dad poor dad'' and found them ''unafrican''. I love playing. Lets play a game to prove the practicality of his principles, we'll start a business together here in nigeria, in lagos here and watch it grow or crash whilst you apply his principles. Man enuff? Mail yusufabdulkadir89@gmail.com
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by 222Martins(m): 10:23am On Oct 16, 2012
Brand_new:
You're welcome. However, I'm a little bit skeptical ever since the new came out about R Kiyosaki's filling for bankruptcy. Whatever it is, i'm hoping it was a proactive business move and not that he's really gone broke.

Point of note: Robert Kiyosaki didn't file for bankruptcy; one of his corporations filed for bankruptcy and he is not personally liable it. Kiyosaki didn't file for personal bankruptcy, this is just a smart business move. Thos who know how LLCs and Corporations work will understand. Aliko Dangote cannot be personally liable for the bankruptcy of Dangote Cement Plc, even though he's the founder and sits on the board.
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by NatureBoi1(m): 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2012
the Author has really helped widening my views on investments. for those who think his principles are not practicable in Africa that's not true.
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by Soulcaine(m): 12:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
Nature Boi: the Author has really helped widening my views on investments. for those who think his principles are not practicable in Africa that's not true.

prove me wrong! Take up the challenge.
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by 222Martins(m): 1:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
Brand_new:
I still repeat my point, one of Robert Kiyosaki's businesses filed for bankruptcy, he didn't file for personal bankruptcy.
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by 222Martins(m): 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2012
Soul_caine: I accept the challenge and will want it to be proven to me that his principles work. I have read his books ''guide to investing'' and ''rich dad poor dad'' and found them ''unafrican''. I love playing. Lets play a game to prove the practicality of his principles, we'll start a business together here in nigeria, in lagos here and watch it grow or crash whilst you apply his principles. Man enuff? Mail yusufabdulkadir89@gmail.com
I would have loved this personal challenge bro but all i can say is that you are late to the game. What you want me to do now is what i have already done years ago after reading rich dad poor dad. I'm already an entrepreneur and investor.......with a thriving business. Thanks to the Rich dad's principle. I think you should wait for someone who has read the book but hasn't acted yet, to take you up on the challenge.
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by Soulcaine(m): 2:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
@222martins
So you say. Have to take you for your word now, dont i ? wink
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
222Martins:
you are here to waste your precious time. There are things you do not argue. Robert opened ♍Ɣ eyes †☺ a world I didn't know existed. I am not even going †☺ argue with anyone. Most of the people who think Roberts principle do not work are ignorant, lazy Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd destroyers. Since they can't excel, they see no reason why anyone else should excel. Please run away from them before they corrupt your mind.
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by UncleJJ(m): 3:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
chinnyonwu: The basic thing Robert Kiyosaki preaches is increasing asset column so they can pay for ur liabilities.

My mum got me the book rich dad poor dad - and it's worth more than the university degree my folks paid for ( spits ).

I read the book in Level 1 and i continue to read it to this day. It is much easy to grasp, unlike Napoleon Hill " Think and Grow Rich". If you have not figured it out till now - you never will . So, just go and get a job and slave for the rest of your life till - another sanusi lamido says go home and dont come back.

You should also look at - The richest man in Babylon, rich dad poor dad and think and grow rich. If you have read these you know it all but to add a little spice read the art of seduction ( essential for businessmen ). If you can find bob Tasca's "you will be satisfied" check that out too. Its about production efficiency and customer relations.

Back to RDPD -

Kiyosaki teaches something that is not easy to do. The benefits are great but how many guys can handle family pressure of go and get a regular job.

It takes ball to achieve your dreams, getting a job is much easier than achieving financial freedom. Look around you all Robert says happens in Nigeria all the time. Doctors want more money - govt says no. Professor's want more money - govt says no. e.t.c

You cant make money until - you learn how to see opportunities no one can see, and once you see the first - you keep seeing them. ( Think and Grow Rich concept is solely on following up on these opportunities till fruition.

But, the universe, karma, God , whatever you prefer to call - will not give you what you do not deserve ( Richest man in babylon concept is solely on this - deserving your place in society and making the best of it. )

So you see its easier to get a job that to get rich. Getting a job entails printing c.v's e.t.c . This should not be confused with getting your "dream job".

I always wanted to be rich and thank God - i've made my first 1/2 Mill @ 26. Thanks to Kiyosaki and my mums who supports me to follow my hearts desire till today.

Its not like its going to be easy - but you must understand and accept you must think differently than anyone. Stop trying to trick people to buy your products or service when they are not genuine. If all your thinking of is money - it will never come. Money is like a girl - with the greatest virtues.

You have to attract it. Humble beginning's are the bedrock of eternal success, you need a strong foundation for anything. You must learn and you must learn from the best to become as good. Do exercises, eat well , drink or smoke only when necessary.. cool Don't chase girls, they naturally come even if you don't have a dime in your pocket, if your hustling hard and cleaning up appropriately they will come. And, when they come even when you don't say hi - u realize Power perceived is power achieved.

We are all unique and are all destined for "something" but whatever it is - one thing is for sure ! That we should grow in it and prosper from it.

If any negative thinker, feels i lie about my breakthrough i will be happy to post my bank statement from gtb.

KIYOSAKI NEVER LIED - YOUR JUST STILL BLIND AND SCARED TO DO WHAT IS IN YOUR HEART.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by 222Martins(m): 5:44pm On Oct 16, 2012
blink182: you are here to waste your precious time. There are things you do not argue. Robert opened ♍Ɣ eyes †☺ a world I didn't know existed. I am not even going †☺ argue with anyone. Most of the people who think Roberts principle do not work are ignorant, lazy Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd destroyers. Since they can't excel, they see no reason why anyone else should excel. Please run away from them before they corrupt your mind.
Thank you my brother for your sincere comment, God bless you.
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by 222Martins(m): 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2012
UncleJJ:

My mum got me the book rich dad poor dad - and it's worth more than the university degree my folks paid for ( spits ).

I read the book in Level 1 and i continue to read it to this day. It is much easy to grasp, unlike Napoleon Hill " Think and Grow Rich". If you have not figured it out till now - you never will . So, just go and get a job and slave for the rest of your life till - another sanusi lamido says go home and dont come back.

You should also look at - The richest man in Babylon, rich dad poor dad and think and grow rich. If you have read these you know it all but to add a little spice read the art of seduction ( essential for businessmen ). If you can find bob Tasca's "you will be satisfied" check that out too. Its about production efficiency and customer relations.

Back to RDPD -

Kiyosaki teaches something that is not easy to do. The benefits are great but how many guys can handle family pressure of go and get a regular job.

It takes ball to achieve your dreams, getting a job is much easier than achieving financial freedom. Look around you all Robert says happens in Nigeria all the time. Doctors want more money - govt says no. Professor's want more money - govt says no. e.t.c

You cant make money until - you learn how to see opportunities no one can see, and once you see the first - you keep seeing them. ( Think and Grow Rich concept is solely on following up on these opportunities till fruition.

But, the universe, karma, God , whatever you prefer to call - will not give you what you do not deserve ( Richest man in babylon concept is solely on this - deserving your place in society and making the best of it. )

So you see its easier to get a job that to get rich. Getting a job entails printing c.v's e.t.c . This should not be confused with getting your "dream job".

I always wanted to be rich and thank God - i've made my first 1/2 Mill @ 26. Thanks to Kiyosaki and my mums who supports me to follow my hearts desire till today.

Its not like its going to be easy - but you must understand and accept you must think differently than anyone. Stop trying to trick people to buy your products or service when they are not genuine. If all your thinking of is money - it will never come. Money is like a girl - with the greatest virtues.

You have to attract it. Humble beginning's are the bedrock of eternal success, you need a strong foundation for anything. You must learn and you must learn from the best to become as good. Do exercises, eat well , drink or smoke only when necessary.. cool Don't chase girls, they naturally come even if you don't have a dime in your pocket, if your hustling hard and cleaning up appropriately they will come. And, when they come even when you don't say hi - u realize Power perceived is power achieved.

We are all unique and are all destined for "something" but whatever it is - one thing is for sure ! That we should grow in it and prosper from it.

If any negative thinker, feels i lie about my breakthrough i will be happy to post my bank statement from gtb.

KIYOSAKI NEVER LIED - YOUR JUST STILL BLIND AND SCARED TO DO WHAT IS IN YOUR HEART.
You have taken the word out of my mouth brother, your words inspire me. Let's do it my brother, let's hit our goals while the cynics keep doubting. Lol
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by 222Martins(m): 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2012
UncleJJ:

Back to RDPD -

You have taken the word out of my mouth brother, your words inspire me. Let's do it my brother, let's hit our goals while the cynics keep doubting. Lol

1 Like

Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by 222Martins(m): 4:45pm On Oct 17, 2012
Where are the cynics that claim Robert Kiyosaki's principles don't work in Nigeria? I am still waiting.
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by badruf(m): 5:50pm On Oct 17, 2012
the principle is universal,just adapt it to your environment.
there is indeed a science for getting rich.
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by 222Martins(m): 5:51pm On Oct 18, 2012
badruf: the principle is universal,just adapt it to your environment.
there is indeed a science for getting rich.
Thanks for dropping a comment.
Re: Rich Dad Challenge - Let's Proof The Workability Of Its Principles in Nigeria... by 222Martins(m): 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2012
Nature Boi: the Author has really helped widening my views on investments. for those who think his principles are not practicable in Africa that's not true.
I am still waiting for those who thinks the Rich dad principles are impractical in Nigeria.........

(1) (Reply)

How To Avoid Paying Taxes In Nigeria. / Good quality Smart Tablets From China / Pls Which Of This Two Business Should I Start With My 600k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.