Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? (9251 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by vedaxcool(m): 8:50am On Oct 12, 2012
Well just wandering, you can't help but notice the usual defense mounted by atheist for Gays just like Abdulsleek sorry logicboy does often atimes wearily. Making it seem all atheist would "naturally" defend homosexuality.

Edited
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:02am On Oct 12, 2012
vedaxcool: Well just wandering, you can't help but notice the usual defense mounted by atheist for Gays just like Abdulsleek sorry logicboy does often atimes.

You should at least be honest.(being a devout Muslim and a MOD) you were not wondering (cliched posturing as usual) you meant to say as a FACT! that Atheism is a Religion for Gays.. f'course selective Amnesia and regular Islamic-brain-washing would cause you to discount the heavy Gay community and trend in the Middle-East, especially in Dubai. H.omose.xualism has been a practice in ancient and modern Arab societies. it has stubbornly refused to be detached even after "Islamization". Northern Nigeria in spite of countless Sharia injunctions have gays running buck-wild. So stop wondering.. there are devout Gay Christians as high up as the Vatican. guess where historic Sodom and Gomorrah is now? Yes.. you guess right.. the birth-place of some important Muslim prophet (PBUH). I could be wrong.. since Mecca cannot be historically traced from origin till date. it simply appeared
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by vedaxcool(m): 9:19am On Oct 12, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

You should at least be honest.(being a devout Muslim and a MOD) you were not wondering (cliched posturing as usual) you meant to say as a FACT! that Atheism is a Religion for Gays.. f'course selective Amnesia and regular Islamic-brain-washing would cause you to discount the heavy Gay community and trend in the Middle-East, especially in Dubai. H.omose.xualism has been a practice in ancient and modern Arab societies. it has stubbornly refused to be detached even after "Islamization". Northern Nigeria in spite of countless Sharia injunctions have gays running buck-wild. So stop wondering.. there are devout Gay Christians as high up as the Vatican. guess where historic Sodom and Gomorrah is now? Yes.. you guess right.. the birth-place of some important Muslim prophet (PBUH). I could be wrong.. since Mecca cannot be historically traced from origin till date. it simply appeared

Lol grin why are sounding hurt? The question posted is quite simple, neither Islam nor christianity make an "intellectual" arguement for homosexuality rather it is outrightly forbidden. Now, the op simply points out that Atheism seems to be the religion for gays because atheist make it a duty to defend homosexuality and even make case to justify the practice. Whether muslims are involved in it or vatican officials engage in the practice does not make neither religions a religion for gays because on principle alone such practice is out rightly rejected . . . Yet we can't make such a case for atheism which seems to green light the practice thereby making it the Religion for gays. . . Try again but this time focus on the issue.

2 Likes

Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:26am On Oct 12, 2012
vedaxcool:

Lol grin why are sounding hurt? The question posted is quite simple, neither Islam nor christianity make an "intellectual" arguement for homosexuality rather it is outrightly forbidden. Now, the op simply points out that Atheism seems to be the religion for gays because atheist make it a duty to defend homosexuality and even make case to justify the practice. Whether muslims are involved in it or vatican officials engage in the practice does not make neither religions a religion for gays because on principle alone such practice is out rightly rejected . . . Yet we can't make such a case for atheism which seems to green light the practice thereby making it the Religion for gays. . . Try again but this time focus on the issue.

Soo you had this much to say and you were simply wondering.. posting like some JJC. grin I respect you as a MOD (it takes a lot of guts) but it seems to me that religious folks would rather a terrorist, serial-killer, child-molester than an upstanding member of society who is gay. small time now you go dey shout islamaphobia...

Your question has no merit whatsoever simply because (as you have clearly proven) you have enough information available to you to make an informed opinion.. in like manner I can ask you if ... no idare not ask that grin grin grin you would surely be hurt.. going by the effects of some tardy video in recent times grin grin
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by vedaxcool(m): 9:31am On Oct 12, 2012
^

Really I am a MOD? Lol grin thanks for the "promotion".

Atleast you clearly showed that the simple poser is beyond your intellect to address. Sorry.

Bye!
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:35am On Oct 12, 2012
vedaxcool: ^

Really I am a MOD? Lol grin thanks for the "promotion".

Atleast you clearly showed that the simple poser is beyond your intellect to address. Sorry.

Bye!

grin grin grin grin come out of the closet and stop asking silly questions
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 12, 2012
vedaxcool: Well just wandering, you can't help but notice the usual defense mounted by atheist for Gays just like Abdulsleek sorry logicboy does often atimes wearily. Making it seem all atheist would "naturally" defend homosexuality.

Edited

1) Agnosticism, Buddhism, taoism and Neopaganism are all tolerant of gays. Are these religions (Agnosticism?) gay religions? Your reasoning is quite shallow. You are also a bigot. Why dont you go and call these religions "gay" religions?

2) Atheism is not a religion.

Whoever this Abdulsleek guy is, he must be tormenting you grin grin

1 Like

Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by vedaxcool(m): 9:44am On Oct 12, 2012
^
What? You still hanging around? What for? Please you know where the door so pls leave, you have the OP and my clarification, I can't really understand why you are being emotional over the poser could atheism be the Gay Religion? I mean I understand you gave your best shot, but it stepped on logics and law of common sense, offcourse typically atheist logic of preferring to talk more about religion than atheism, well u know the way out so just leave . . . grin grin
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 12, 2012
So Islam is a terrorist religion?
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:27am On Oct 12, 2012
muskeeto2: So Islam is a terrorist religion?

I can understand your confusion with vedaxcool. i just realized we are dealing with an Muslim Zealot and a devout religionist. they have the rare gift of dualism in a philosophical singularity. able to Lie and Tell the Truth at the same time grin only Politicians come close to that level of skill grin grin Islam going by mounting evidence spilling into the news everyday - is a violent, barbaric, illiterate and bone-donkey-arse religion who (historically) revealed homosexualism as a way of life. I wonder why they deny their very creation rather than reveling in it
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by truthislight: 10:48am On Oct 12, 2012
vedaxcool: Well just wandering, you can't help but notice the usual defense mounted by atheist for Gays just like Abdulsleek sorry logicboy does often atimes wearily. Making it seem all atheist would "naturally" defend homosexuality.

Edited

majority of atheist are homosexuals/gay.
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by F00028: 10:52am On Oct 12, 2012
Logicboy03:

1) Agnosticism, Buddhism, taoism and Neopaganism are all tolerant of gays...

buddhism: the current Dalai Lama holds that any form of sexual expression other than monogamous vaginal sex within a heterosexual relationship violates the Second Precept of Buddhism.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_and_sexual_orientation
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by truthislight: 10:52am On Oct 12, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Soo you had this much to say and you were simply wondering.. posting like some JJC. grin I respect you as a MOD (it takes a lot of guts) but it seems to me that religious folks would rather a terrorist, serial-killer, child-molester than an upstanding member of society who is gay. small time now you go dey shout islamaphobia...

Your question has no merit whatsoever simply because (as you have clearly proven) you have enough information available to you to make an informed opinion.. in like manner I can ask you if ... no idare not ask that grin grin grin you would surely be hurt.. going by the effects of some tardy video in recent times grin grin

with all this long post are you gay?

State clearly so that we know where you are coming from.
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by truthislight: 10:55am On Oct 12, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

I can understand your confusion with vedaxcool. i just realized we are dealing with an Muslim Zealot and a devout religionist. they have the rare gift of dualism in a philosophical singularity. able to Lie and Tell the Truth at the same time grin only Politicians come close to that level of skill grin grin Islam going by mounting evidence spilling into the news everyday - is a violent, barbaric, illiterate and bone-donkey-arse religion who (historically) revealed homosexualism as a way of life. I wonder why they deny their very creation rather than reveling in it

why is this question of being gay annoying you?

2 Likes

Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 12, 2012
F00028:

buddhism: the current Dalai Lama holds that any form of sexual expression other than monogamous vaginal sex within a heterosexual relationship violates the Second Precept of Buddhism.

If you had properly researched, you would find that the Dalai lama only talks for his sect of Buddhism- Tibetan Buddhism. Please, take a look at Buddhusm in Jpana where it is even encouraged. Chinese Buddhism and Western Buddhism too
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:21am On Oct 12, 2012
truthislight:

why is this question of being gay annoying you?

Mr. did you actually read the title of the post as well as the post? Coming from you I am indeed surprised. from this I can assume that Christians/Muslims do not have the slightest clue how to ask a honest question. you build your assumptions on baseless foundations and proceed to give them meaning by simply stating it for a FACT. I have absolutely no hatred or phobia for gays as I do for pe.dophiles, hypocrites and terrorists. and for you to assume it annoys me brings to light the very inane and immature line of reasoning peeps like you bring into a discussion. you somehow fail to notice that the OP actually has enough to make an opinion (as he exposes himself literally) but chooses to sound blissfully ignorant (under the guise of a simple question). how on earth does being Gay makes it probable that you are an Atheist? do you in your most somber moments actually give this question any form of merit. So being straight or gay gives an inkling to what religion the individual practices or is likely to practice. does it escape your reasoning that much?

The crux of my annoyance is how you (vedaxcool and you obviously) try to deem it worthy of discussion. it is like saying being n.aked is a sign of mental illness regardless of the situation. it smacks of outlandish, dignified buffoonery and it is a sad position indeed.

Is Islam a religion for terrorists,p.edophiles and sodomists? does that question not sound immature or at best, mentally unbalanced to you?
Is Christianity a religion for h.omosexuals, lesbi.ans and pathological liars? does that question not sound immature or at best, mentally unbalanced to you?

Do you now understand my annoyance? fatuous and petrifying stupidity should not be dignified in any manner, it should be discouraged and possibly extricated by tortuous beatings grin grin grin grin
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by manmustwac(m): 11:31am On Oct 12, 2012
Senseless topic.
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by vedaxcool(m): 12:30pm On Oct 12, 2012
truthislight:

majority of atheist are homosexuals/gay.

Really? is this base on data? coz it could be another reason why certain people had to become atheist to banish the feelings of guilt.I am beginning to feel that i should not have brought up this topic, cause it seems their feelings is hurt!
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by vedaxcool(m): 12:37pm On Oct 12, 2012
F00028:

sometimes arguing with that boy is like arguing with a foetus
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 12, 2012
When one decides to be stupid, there's no stopping him...
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2012
vedaxcool:

sometimes arguing with that boy is like arguing with a foetus

Seriously? You're going with the ignoramus just because he is against me?
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by vedaxcool(m): 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Mr. did you actually read the title of the post as well as the post? Coming from you I am indeed surprised. from this I can assume that Christians/Muslims do not have the slightest clue how to ask a honest question. you build your assumptions on baseless foundations and proceed to give them meaning by simply stating it for a FACT. I have absolutely no hatred or phobia for gays as I do for pe.dophiles, hypocrites and terrorists. and for you to assume it annoys me brings to light the very inane and immature line of reasoning peeps like you bring into a discussion. you somehow fail to notice that the OP actually has enough to make an opinion (as he exposes himself literally) but chooses to sound blissfully ignorant (under the guise of a simple question). how on earth does being Gay makes it probable that you are an Atheist? do you in your most somber moments actually give this question any form of merit. So being straight or gay gives an inkling to what religion the individual practices or is likely to practice. does it escape your reasoning that much?

The crux of my annoyance is how you (vedaxcool and you obviously) try to deem it worthy of discussion. it is like saying being n.aked is a sign of mental illness regardless of the situation. it smacks of outlandish, dignified buffoonery and it is a sad position indeed.

Is Islam a religion for terrorists,p.edophiles and sodomists? does that question not sound immature or at best, mentally unbalanced to you?
Is Christianity a religion for h.omosexuals, lesbi.ans and pathological liars? does that question not sound immature or at best, mentally unbalanced to you?

Do you now understand my annoyance? fatuous and petrifying stupidity should not be dignified in any manner, it should be discouraged and possibly extricated by tortuous beatings grin grin grin grin

Till date, you apparently can not even comprehend what the OP is about, simply asking that atheism is likely the recourse for gays because atheist typically find homosexuality a defendable and descent back door of doing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin now fuming that I posted what tyou atheist like defending either shows the immaturity of you mind that is everly in doubt or shows that there is no smoke without fire. And quite sounding tuff coz it makes you look like an ass-hole, I never said i was ignorant of my position, i made clearly in the OP that atheist defending homosexuality seems to atheism the religion of gays!

if you are still pained, go water board yourself grin grin grin grin coz you are sounding like a plain nuisance! I used to think you had some sense but your response is showing that your skull is as empty as a dried coconut, making your brain dried coconut brain! pls i advised you to leave. if you have nothing new to say! daunce! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by vedaxcool(m): 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2012
manmustwac: Senseless topic.

I see you arde mr. troll that logicboy worships! Senseless is what we say when ever someone mentions atheism grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
vedaxcool: grin

Till date, you apparently can not even comprehend what the OP is about, simply asking that atheism is likely the recourse for gays because atheist typically find homosexuality a defendable and descent back door of doing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin now fuming that I posted what tyou atheist like defending either shows the immaturity of you mind that is everly in doubt or shows that there is no smoke without fire. And quite sounding tuff coz it makes you look like an ass-hole, I never said i was ignorant of my position, i made clearly in the OP that atheist defending homosexuality seems to atheism the religion of gays!

if you are still pained, go water board yourself grin grin grin grin coz you are sounding like a plain nuisance! I used to think you had some sense but your response is showing that your skull is as empty as a dried coconut, making your brain dried coconut brain! pls i advised you to leave. if you have nothing new to say! daunce! grin grin grin grin grin grin

How does calling one gay amount to an insult? Is Mohammed gay? Simple question. Now watch the rabid Islamic terrorists go on a blind rampage
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by truthislight: 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

long post again.
This question seems close to your heart.

it was a question, simply state your opinion and dont take it personal.

What i said is my own opinion, all you can do is ask for my reasons then we can discuss.

What you are saying is your own opinion, are you saying that others should not air their own views?
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by vedaxcool(m): 1:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

How does calling one gay amount to an insult? Is Mohammed gay? Simple question. Now watch the rabid Islamic terrorists go on a blind rampage

Truly i find this atheist "fascinating" asking questions that have no bearing on the Religion of Gays, Atheism, like i did imply if you have no means of addressing the OP, why don't you just leave thru the back door? well not thru the back door grin grin grin grin grin. There are many threads I actually do not partake in, despite having a lot to say, so why do you think you must respond here? I am beginning to feel that your atheist brethren will be ashamed of your ineptitude in defending your position credibly! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by truthislight: 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2012
vedaxcool:

Really? is this base on data? coz it could be another reason why certain people had to become atheist to banish the feelings of guilt.I am beginning to feel that i should not have brought up this topic, cause it seems their feelings is hurt!

their anger is base on the notion/hatred for a God that has already condamed them for who they are, "so why bother"
?

to such end it is useless to them since they feel that their sentence has been passed.

Am not saying that all atheist are homosexuals/gay, but most.
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:12pm On Oct 12, 2012
truthislight:
long post again.
This question seems close to your heart.

it was a question, simply state your opinion and dont take it personal.

What i said is my own opinion, all you can do is ask for my reasons then we can discuss.

What you are saying is your own opinion, are you saying that others should not air their own views?

It is dangerous to allow unintelligent and infinitely s.tupid people to have opinions. They have their pastors and holy prophet for that. Do you know who else asides Jesus who is gay.. U got that right
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by truthislight: 1:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
muskeeto2: When one decides to be stupid, there's no stopping him...

what is stupid about the thread?

Ant there theist that are gay?

Why the anger?

Am saying that most atheist are gay. QED.
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by vedaxcool(m): 1:17pm On Oct 12, 2012
truthislight:

their anger is base on the notion/hatred of a God that has already condamed them for who they are, "so why bother"

thing to such end is useless to them since they feel that their sentence has been passed.

Am not saying that all atheist are homosexuals/gay, but most.

Truly, I think i have coz to accepts what you said. My asking this question is actually indicating a lot of things, chief of which atheism as a religion sells something of negativity to people, like you said hatred for God, will make this individuals stamp anything negative, and that is why they, evidently, mount defence on how to live a life of debauchery! and that is why my OP should have read atheism, the Religion For Gays.

1 Like

Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by wiegraf: 1:17pm On Oct 12, 2012
Ah, @vedax, why have you ventured from your cave again. Could you please return to your pissfully attained abode. We try to keep only the civilized here. And again, the way you redefine the nadir never ceases to amaze me. More so than the brilliance of the divinely inspired koran. So much so I might begin to believe in a god if you offered your stoopidity/hypocrisy as proof of its existence. I hope you trolling and don't really believe the things you imply you believe in here.

I think this thread should be on the front page btw. Even if just for its surreal nature.
Re: Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2012
truthislight:

what is stupid about the thread?

Ant there theist that are gay?

Why the anger?

Am saying that most atheist are gay. QED.
Does your bible teach you to lie?

How do you know that mosts atheists are gay? Why are you foolish?

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Jesus Christ Life: A Fiction Or Fairy Tale? / Divine Destiny Vs Natural Destiny / Happy Father's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.