Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers (19070 Views)

A'16 Akwa Ibom Prospective Corpers / Breaking News! NYSC 2015 Batch ‘B’ Prospective Corpers Can Now Check Senate List / NYSC Current Allowance For States In Nigeria (2014) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
Life after service may not be so rosy, though it is good to be positive, many corpers after there service year only get to discover this.
But this thread is opened so as to advice prospective & current corpers on How to plan there future during the service year.

What to expect during the service year
How to be prudent in spending when serving
When best to begin to apply for jobs
If jobs are not forthcoming, what they can venture into
How to cope with family pressure after service year
The list is endless, feel free to add yours and suggest how to overcome such challenge ...

2 Likes

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by mutiply: 3:46pm On Oct 15, 2012
For prospective otondo's,work your service to your father's house,am sure you can save from there.for the out going and current corpers,start to find connection for a job or money for entrepreneur tins o

5 Likes

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by Sleek05(f): 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2012
Please look 4 a job while serving. Take prof courses, learn one or 2 int'l languages, submit ur CVs randomly...I learnt d hard way!

5 Likes

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by idmanzik: 3:51pm On Oct 15, 2012
Be diligent in your duties - Big things may come in small sizes. Your being diligent at your workplace might land you that dream job tomorrow. Your place of primary assignment may be a secondary school, but the principal of the school may be the wife of a well connected fellow. Just be good!

5 Likes

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by caesaraba(m): 3:52pm On Oct 15, 2012
Smile. The future awaits. No matter how bleak it might look from where you are standing now, you just have to believe in yourself and know for certain that you will get there. Just look at your passion and your skill-set and know that you and you alone can decide who you wanna become. Look within you and ask yourself this question, "what is it I know I can do that would bring me the satisfaction (success) that I so desire?" There-in lies the path that you must take. Have a blessed day.

3 Likes

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by CrazyMan(m): 3:52pm On Oct 15, 2012
Sleek05: Please look 4 a job while serving. Take prof courses, learn one or 2 int'l languages, submit ur CVs randomly...I learnt d hard way!
Good advice...sorry you had to learn the hard way.
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by derus(f): 3:52pm On Oct 15, 2012
Try to be prudent as much as u can in your spending so as to have a good savings,

2 Likes

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by lumideezle(m): 3:53pm On Oct 15, 2012
the Only thing i can advice any kopa shun from experience is that during your service year acquire a relevant skill eg Fashion designing,baking, event decoration, show making ,fixing cars aka mechanic, fixing computers, fixing phones , IT software making, website designing, makeup etc anything you find your passion and you notice that people are willing to part with money for that service or product, please prefect this skill because it would help you a lot. Also forget about all these professional exams here and there people are shouting about.They are only using training fees to rip Nigerians off.Believe me employers do not fall for pro courses anymore what gets you in the door is your skill and what you can do for them not what paper you have to show. you would be surprised the caliber of people you would meet if you can fix phones and the MD of a company phone gets damaged. The fact that you are a graduate would show from the way and manner you approach your Job and your customer service. They would be the ones to ask you about your history and that would be a perfect time to talk about not having a job. in summary Be a Problem solver first and then relax and see how peeps would rush to solve your own problems

30 Likes

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2012
idmanzik: Be diligent in your duties - Big things may come in small sizes. Your being diligent at your workplace might land you that dream job tomorrow. Your place of primary assignment may be a secondary school, but the principal of the school may be the wife of a well connected fellow. Just be good!

10 likes

5 Likes

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by aneldaking(m): 3:57pm On Oct 15, 2012
My felow otondo wish u luck as u bgin ur trip wit d govt b ready 4 acomodation problem .transport wahala,above all salary delay mess. d curent abuja copers hv nt receive their alawi 4 dis month me in particular hv nt received mine 4 3month nd no body wan send u i dy tel u copers re on there own 4 diz country wel na wen u enter camp u go bgin 2 c hw dead nysc sheme b dem go welcome u with warning teling u mt 2 gv audience 2 press me make u for no open dem nyash gosh 9ja coper moral moral motivated motivated motivated hope we r all gud 2 go.

1 Like

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by toskaly(m): 3:59pm On Oct 15, 2012
My Advice is to put all our hope in GOD.
May GOD help us all... Amen

4 Likes

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by remzytimer: 3:59pm On Oct 15, 2012
Let not your trust be in man, hope in the Lord, surely u shall fly for joy sooner than u expect!!!

2 Likes

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by Dahbutter(m): 4:02pm On Oct 15, 2012
Expand your horizon of knowledge as much as possible and be willing to gain new experience in a field different from your course of study if that's what u get. Its only in Nollywood movies that a young guy graduates and gets a job as a manager with a posh car and crib immidiately, be prepared to start small, kiss @sses and be sent to buy ogas' lunch, its only 4 a little while

Also erm. . . Always use condom *buy half carton* if u can its cheaper grin

3 Likes

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by Coefficient(m): 4:05pm On Oct 15, 2012
NEVER EVER SERVE IN A ONE-MAN BUSINESS VENTURE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by Lero15(m): 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2012
Whateva ur hand findeth to do, do it well.

2 Likes

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by otosa(m): 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2012
[/quote]
[/b]
ogbeche77: Life after service may not be so rosy, though it is good to be positive, many corpers after there service year only get to discover this.
But this thread is opened so as to advice prospective & current corpers on How to plan there future during the service year.

What to expect during the service year
How to be prudent in spending when serving
When best to begin to apply for jobs
If jobs are not forthcoming, what they can venture into
How to cope with family pressure after service year
The list is endless, feel free to add yours and suggest how to overcome such challenge ...

My child has finished school, this is the time to pay me back all the money have spent. at least, my money must be paid four months after the service.
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by wassup123(m): 4:09pm On Oct 15, 2012
Prospective corpers should try as mch as possible 2 save 2 venture in2 enterpreneurial activities....as there r no mch white collar jobs out there, d few ones u'll need connection 2 get it
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by pingo(m): 4:10pm On Oct 15, 2012
Enjoy your service year to the fullest and save if possible 70% of your income because after service year, no alawee until you secure a job and don't expect money from people that used to give you while you were still an under G!Cheers

1 Like

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 15, 2012
pawesome: Am d 1st....**smiling**
u mean first to say nothing? Newbie
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by skydeep(f): 4:19pm On Oct 15, 2012
Saving is possible. You can organise an extra mural classes for your students or neighbours kids. You can learn pedicure and manicure

1 Like

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by bukahands(m): 4:20pm On Oct 15, 2012
Save enough money + take proffesional courses related to your field and I.T is needed u MUST know microsoft word or EXCEL oooooooo

1 Like

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 15, 2012
aneldaking: above all salary delay mess d curend abuja copers hv nt receive their alawi 4 dis month me in particular hv nt received mine 4 3month nd no body wan send u i dy tel u copers re on there own.
i thought corpers at abuja are nt paid at all.can som1 clarify this?
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by CY09: 4:21pm On Oct 15, 2012
Dahbutter: Expand your horizon of knowledge as much as possible and be willing to gain new experience in a field different from your course of study if that's what u get. Its only in Nollywood movies that a young guy graduates and gets a job as a manager with a posh car and crib immidiately, be prepared to start small, kiss @sses and be sent to buy ogas' lunch, its only 4 a little while

xo xo on point! grin
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 15, 2012
pawesome: Am d 1st....**smiling**
Childish behaviour
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by Iaz93: 4:23pm On Oct 15, 2012
Dahbutter: Expand your horizon of knowledge as much as possible and be willing to gain new experience in a field different from your course of study if that's what u get. Its only in Nollywood movies that a young guy graduates and gets a job as a manager with a posh car and crib immidiately, be prepared to start small, kiss @sses and be sent to buy ogas' lunch, its only 4 a little while

on point!!! ..and ermm. . .pls dnt buy Gold circle. . .it's fvcked

2 Likes

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by CY09: 4:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
Iaz93:

on point!!! ..and ermm. . .pls dnt buy Gold circle. . .it's fvcked
...ehhhm just wana know, what type do you recommend?
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by Iaz93: 4:30pm On Oct 15, 2012
CY09:
[i][/i]...ehhhm just wana know, what type do you recommend?
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by Iaz93: 4:30pm On Oct 15, 2012
CY09:
[i][/i]...ehhhm just wana know, what type do you recommend?

buy *fantasy*
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by aneldaking(m): 4:32pm On Oct 15, 2012
binger: i thought corpers at abuja are nt paid at all.can som1 clarify this?

yes abuja dnt pay m talking about ur normal alawi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NYSC Announces Passing-Out Date For 2021 Batch ‘B’ Corps Members / NYSC - Operation Keep Ota Clean CDS Project (Photo ) / NYSC DG Gives Condition For Corps Members’ Relocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.