Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:54 PM

"Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" (35215 Views)

Don-jazzy - A Slave Master? (pictures) / Priscilla Okpara Buys N4.5m Honda Crosstour / Photo: How May D Turned Me Into A Punching Bag For Years- Baby Mama Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by amakaikeng(f): 6:11pm On Oct 12, 2012
Tina Okpara, the teenage girl who was serially raped by Super Eagles star, Godwin Okpara, has released a book, detailing how the sexual assault went on for two years.

Tina Okpara

In the book titled, “My Life Has A Price”, the victim narrates how she was adopted at age 13 by the Okparas and taken to France.

Linda, Okpara’s wife, then enslaved her for five years and turned a blind eye to the sexual abuse, she says in the book.

Tina’s decision to write the book seven years after she regained freedom, aims at raising awareness and helping other girls who might be going through the same horrendous experience, she said in an interview with TheNews magazine.

“One day, I told myself that if I refused testifying, other girls will continue to experience modern slavery,” she said.

She explained how her biological father was tricked by the Okparas into believing that she would be sent to school in France where the Super Eagles star was playing for Paris Saint Germain.

However, once in France, she was used as a sex slave. She was also prevented by Linda from attending school.

“The day she spat it on my face that schooling was not for me because I was too stupid, I lost all hope,” she said

As the abuse worsened, Tina kept secret notebooks where she could “dump all my sorrow”.

“These notebooks were used to dump all my sorrow, all my hatred for Linda. It was my lifeline and my friend,” she said.

The 188-page book, originally written in French, has just been translated into English.

Godwin is currently serving a 10-year jail term in France, while his wife, Linda, will be in jail for 15 years.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/10/12/how-eagles-star-okpara-turned-me-into-sex-slave-tina/

1 Like

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Kslib(m): 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
Eyaaah,take heart ehn.. I hope the book will be for free,so that there will be no money barrier stoping the poor from also knowing what happened to her.. Most molested victims are from poor backgrounds,so this book has to be free or she just wants to use this opportuinity to hammer/become popular.. Just saying#

17 Likes

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 13, 2012
Choi! shocked

So he o-kparad this babe for 2 solid yrs. angry

Shameless he-goat

4 Likes

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Rooneyboy(m): 8:20am On Oct 13, 2012
cheap blackmail !
She failed.
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by CLIQBOY(m): 8:21am On Oct 13, 2012
Abeg wetin be our own..did he rape her?
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 13, 2012
Kslib: Eyaaah,take heart ehn.. I hope the book will be for free,so that there will be no money barrier stoping the poor from also knowing what happened to her.. Most molested victims are from poor backgrounds,so this book has to be free or she just wants to use this opportuinity to hammer/become popular.. Just saying#

Why do you have to say this? Was the book printed free.

5 Likes

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 13, 2012
I will like to get a copy of the book.
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by jude33084(m): 8:22am On Oct 13, 2012
Since they are alreay in jail undecided No need for ♍e Ť☺ run ♍♈ mouth here wink

3 Likes

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by SamAfrik(m): 8:25am On Oct 13, 2012
What a sad story. I'm happy the victim got her justice (which I doubt was done in Nigeria).
Would a person of Okpara's stature be tried and convicted for a crime like this in our country?

6 Likes

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by timbros(m): 8:26am On Oct 13, 2012
wow! Godwin Okpara! Havent heard this before! Used to be my favorite defender in Super Eagles back in the days....Never knew he is in jail right now.

#TooBadTooBad

1 Like

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by passionate88: 8:30am On Oct 13, 2012
okpara ugo:

Why do you have to say this? Was the book printed free.
Okpara... Na ur name sake o... Hope u no dey shine 1 smallie 4 corner?.

6 Likes

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Rooneyboy(m): 8:31am On Oct 13, 2012
amakaikeng: Tina Okpara, the teenage girl who was serially raped by Super Eagles star, Godwin Okpara, has released a book, detailing how the sexual assault went on for two years.
Was she hypnotized ? Why didn't she speak @ this point ?

Tina Okpara

In the book titled, “My Life Has A Price”, the victim narrates how she was adopted at age 13 by the Okparas and taken to France.

Linda, Okpara’s wife, then enslaved her for five years and turned a blind eye to the sexual abuse, she says in the book.

This is UNBELIEVABLE
Tina’s decision to write the book seven years after she regained freedom, aims at raising awareness and helping other girls who might be going through the same horrendous experience, she said in an interview with TheNews magazine.

“One day, I told myself that if I refused testifying, other girls will continue to experience modern slavery,” she said.

She explained how her biological father was tricked by the Okparas into believing that she would be sent to school in France where the Super Eagles star was playing for Paris Saint Germain.

However, once in France, she was used as a sex slave. She was also prevented by Linda from attending school.

“The day she spat it on my face that schooling was not for me because I was too stupid, I lost all hope,” she said

As the abuse worsened, Tina kept secret notebooks where she could “dump all my sorrow”.

“These notebooks were used to dump all my sorrow, all my hatred for Linda. It was my lifeline and my friend,” she said.

The 188-page book, originally written in French, has just been translated into English.

Godwin is currently serving a 10-year jail term in France, while his wife, Linda, will be in jail for 15 years.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/10/12/how-eagles-star-okpara-turned-me-into-sex-slave-tina/
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by condralbede(m): 8:34am On Oct 13, 2012
He molested U for yrs.....so al dis yrs U hv nt evn enjoyed any bit of d kpoki?nah ask i dey ask oh.

3 Likes

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by free2ryhme: 8:35am On Oct 13, 2012
Rooneyboy: cheap blackmail !
She failed.

YOU ARE THE ONE THAT FAILED ... THE TRUTH IS BITTER AND SHE DOSED IT OUT JUST RIGHT

4 Likes

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:36am On Oct 13, 2012
Shame on Godwin and his wife. Poor girl, it shall be well.
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by methodman(m): 8:36am On Oct 13, 2012
CLIQBOY: Abeg wetin be our own..did he rape her?
Gbagaun....

6 Likes

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by logo77: 8:42am On Oct 13, 2012
CLIQBOY: Abeg wetin be our own..did he Molestation her?

methodman: Gbagaun....

Gbagaun....Gbagaun.... Ibon Menh! [b][/b]
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by gbadexy(m): 8:44am On Oct 13, 2012
The guy had the guts to do so because he thought he could only be tried in nigeria as the girl's family is there and knowing he woullf have gotten away in nigeria.
I wonder why the couple couldn't have gotten an older girl of about 18yrs from there village if its virgin they wanted, am still trying to understand the wife's mindset and reason for her coperation.
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by born2boink(m): 8:47am On Oct 13, 2012
I never knew he was in jail, I just read more now from good and wikipedia, so sad for Godwin with all his statue and wealth, him no fit go Bleep ashewo like C. Ronaldo.Toto don send ham for prison

2 Likes

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Kslib(m): 8:54am On Oct 13, 2012
passionate88: Okpara... Na ur name sake o... Hope u no dey shine 1 smallie 4 corner?.
Hahahahahaa!! I beg i no fit laff....
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 13, 2012
Kslib: Eyaaah,take heart ehn.. I hope the book will be for free,so that there will be no money barrier stoping the poor from also knowing what happened to her.. Most molested victims are from poor backgrounds,so this book has to be free or she just wants to use this opportuinity to hammer/become popular.. Just saying#
Ode! How can the book be 4 free?where do you think she got the money to typset,print and publish it? If u really pitied her,your reply wud have been 4 well to do people to help her in launching it in a grand way.at least to make her forget her past pains.#smh4u

2 Likes

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by bigtt76(f): 9:01am On Oct 13, 2012
Hahaha Godwin and hin wife don sign 10 and 15 year deal with French prison on Free transfer ...no Bosman rule here. Nice one, hope he or she wins the Ballon D'or grin grin grin Ewuuuuuu!

1 Like

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by oradee: 9:10am On Oct 13, 2012
in nigeria, the guy wld have been a walking legend...how many times have we heard Nig "celebrities" been arrested by the police?

This goes to show why many nigerians wld never believe in the our justice system and jungle justice wld always continue...
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Toktee(m): 9:11am On Oct 13, 2012
bigtt76: Hahaha Godwin and hin wife don sign 10 and 15 year deal with French prison on Free transfer ...no Bosman rule here. Nice one, hope he or she wins the Ballon D'or grin grin grin Ewuuuuuu!
How are you sure that the who.re story is true,france is not naija,thorough investigation will be done to verify her claims
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Mavrick2012: 9:12am On Oct 13, 2012
Rooneyboy: cheap blackmail !
She failed.
she failed?wen d okparas are already languishin in jail?

4 Likes

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 13, 2012

Is not bad if she sells it to make money after all the production cost her money and at the end of the day its her experience and ideas so she can sell to make money from it. If you have any interesting experinece that can help a lotta people you can also put it into writing and sell it
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by crisycent: 9:20am On Oct 13, 2012
Nairalanders' dey mad sha!!! I can't stop laughing when i read peoples comment. I was so depressed this morning but i am smiling after reading people's comment here.... grin grin grin grin Although my smile neva reduce the price of garri for market but una too much.

3 Likes

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by bymigokeph: 9:21am On Oct 13, 2012
shun dis tori! naija dey speak french, hw she manage write d book in french. bad bele go b bad bele. afta polishing her. dose she look like an enslaved. Naija every body 1 make am fast. if am lying den make d book b free so d poor & co-enslaved can afford.
Soon na election she go 1t contest 4 Naija in name of i was enslved in france so VOTE TO STOP MODEN SLAVERY. USE UR HEAD OOOOOOOOO. NO DIS IS NAIJA NOT FRN

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anna Banner Rocks Traditional Attire / Throwback Photos Of Banky W As A Young Boy / MTN Presents Cars To Project Fame Season 8 Winners (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.