Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,487 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? (53813 Views)

Poll: The Great Nelson Mandela: A Terrorist?

Yes: (technically?): 30% (15 votes)
No: (of course not!): 70% (35 votes)
This poll has ended

Woman Strips Unclad To Hug Mandela Statue / Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 / Nelson Mandela Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by morpheus24: 3:07pm On Apr 08, 2011
AjanleKoko:

But it does happen. US Army Rangers in Afghanistan. The Israelis levelling Beirut in 2006.

Besides, It'd be hard to sell the Geneva convention to men like Osama, given that he had no input into the document grin

That's assuming his particular implicit reasoning process based on his upbringing, religion, way of life e.t.c is necessary to draw up a convention that govern rules of engagement. It is not.

As rational human beings which is a pure concept shared by each one of us regardless of culture or way of life, it is  not required that every single human being with every single culture be present when setting up reasonable rules that require armies or rebels "not assault civilian groups of people."

The question of hyprocrisy by one group does not justify the act by another which is why mandela did not say using warfare against civilians was justified but rather as a "consequence" of the opposition manipulating the rules.
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by AjanleKoko: 3:18pm On Apr 08, 2011
morpheus24:

That's assuming his particular implicit reasoning process based on his upbringing, religion, way of life e.t.c is necessary to draw up a convention that govern rules of engagement. It is not.

As rational human beings which is a pure concept shared by each one of us regardless of culture or way of life, it is  not required that every single human being with every single culture be present when setting up reasonable rules that require armies or rebels "not assault civilian groups of people."

The question of hyprocrisy by one group does not justify the act by another which is why mandela did not say using warfare against civilians was justified but rather as a "consequence" of the opposition manipulating the rules.

True that, but rationality is relative, and everybody can read from his page of the rule book.
In Osama's case, he can easily claim the same, in the real sense of it, the opposition is controlling and manipulating the rules, outlawing him and labeling him a 'terrorist'. Not that he is justified to visit terror on civillians. He could even say he is mandated by his beliefs.
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by morpheus24: 3:34pm On Apr 08, 2011
AjanleKoko:

True that, but rationality is relative, and everybody can read from his page of the rule book. In Osama's case, he can easily claim the same, in the real sense of it, the opposition is controlling and manipulating the rules, outlawing him and labeling him a 'terrorist'. Not that he is justified to visit terror on civillians. He could even say he is mandated by his beliefs

This is true but note that "reason" informs rationality. Rational requires the process involved in agreeing with reason( the good or bad of a subject or event).

Osama rationalizing the reason for his actions is not applying "reason" i.e. understanding but rational his "preference" for the reason. He shares the same concepts of good and evil  by every being able to rationalize anything. e.g the reason it is wrong to kill an unarmed person. However the application process is what he is manipulating. If he does this then he is just as guilty as the ones he points fingers at and cannot be of any higher moral ground than his opponent.

This is where he differs with Mandelan and skewing the concepts of his belief.
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by cdoffx(m): 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2011
morpheus24:

This is true but note that "reason" informs rationality. Rational requires the process involved in agreeing with reason( the good or bad of a subject or event).

Osama rationalizing the reason for his actions is not applying "reason" i.e. understanding but rational his "preference" for the reason. He shares the same concepts of good and evil  by every being able to rationalize anything. e.g the reason it is wrong to kill an unarmed person. However the application process is what he is manipulating. If he does this then he is just as guilty as the ones he points fingers at and cannot be of any higher moral ground than his opponent.

This is where he differs with Mandelan and skewing the concepts of his belief.

Morpheus i must confess that i'm really thrilled by the logic you use in analysing your points. Pls i want to know did you study logic
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by morpheus24: 8:47pm On Apr 08, 2011
cdoffx:

Morpheus i must confess that i'm really thrilled by the logic you use in analysing your points. Pls i want to know did you study logic

Philosophy is a subject matter that I continue to invesitgate with a lot of interest. It informs other subject matters be it politics, economics, sociology, logical thinking and the likes. It is also the discipline that sparked the age of enlightenment.
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by cdoffx(m): 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2011
morpheus24:

Philosophy is a subject matter that I continue to invesitgate with a lot of interest. It informs other subject matters be it politics, economics, sociology, logical thinking and the likes. It is also the discipline that sparked the age of enlightenment.

keep it up bro. But mind you no be say i no go dey tackle you sometimes, you know we can't always share the same view.
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by morpheus24: 1:42pm On Apr 11, 2011
cdoffx:

keep it up bro. But mind you no be say i no go dey tackle you sometimes, you know we can't always share the same view.

You are welcome to "tackle" any information or view point I have. It is inevitably a part of the learning process.
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by Anon007: 7:21pm On May 14, 2011
Here is a video of the violence Nelson Mandela ordered
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5ba_1305391944
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by morpheus24: 1:44pm On May 16, 2011
Anon007:

Here is a video of the violence Nelson Mandela ordered
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5ba_1305391944

Right right. You better take your AWB azz outta here cause you aint fooling nobody you displaced European wannabe!
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by RSA(m): 2:15pm On May 16, 2011
morpheus24:

Right right. You better take your AWB azz outta here cause you aint fooling nobody you displaced European wannabe!

You see most of this videos at stormfront or other racist sites,I think Annon007 is a white South African.This people are racist at heart,and nothing other than death will set them free.
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by SuiGeneri: 11:47am On Dec 25, 2011
Martin Luther King's methods makes him more Nobel.

Nelson Mandela's legacy has created and left behind a violent society, with millions of illegal firearms on the streets and violent crime is everywhere in South Africa. All these killers are doing is following Nelson's example.

Although I was born in Northern Rhodesia, a British colony with no apartheid laws, I've lived in South Africa many years.

Most people don't know this, but there is much more black on black violence, than black on white violence in South Africa, xenophobia is rife today. Though xenophobia is ever present in other African countries, prior to Nelson Mandela's reign of terror xenophobia was ONLY present during the Shaka Zulu and Dingaan wars, today its back with force.

It matters not what people believe of Nelson Mandela and all other supposed "freedom fighters" (including today's warmongers), like all of us Nelson Mandela will pay for the karma that he's brought upon himself and others.

Again, Martin Luther King's methods makes him MUCH more Nobel.
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by corporal: 9:13pm On Dec 25, 2011
k
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by paniki(m): 12:37am On Dec 26, 2011
^^^^^^^^^

You should've just opened a new thread to express your thoughts there because what you posted has nothing to do with whether or not you think Mandela was a terrorist or maybe it was some abstract reasoning that I failed to understand. I suggest you open a new thread and title it I Am A White Person, Ask Me Anything. A lot of people will respond to such a thread and you will also get a lot racists people who hate whites with passion like Cap28 but how you deal with them is up to you.

Your last paragraph is typical of the average white South African who believes that the government is against him, I meet guys like you on a daily basis and I always spend time to explain how BEE and Employment Equity has actually benefited whites more than blacks. The problem is that many white South Africans are now enjoying to feel sorry for themselves and moan about how the whole system is against them while they continue to live comfortable lives.
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by morpheus24: 1:04am On Dec 26, 2011
Sui Generi:

Martin Luther King's methods makes him more Nobel.
The whole system of apatheid stripped the nobility of ordinary human beings to feel dignity. Therefore such struggle does not require that the victim be noble in his fight to emancipate himself and there does require an element of "by any means necessary" as a function of human survival that plays into such struggles against oppressive powers. Martin luther was not the only "fighter" during his time and was just one piece that made the civil rights era come to pass. You only like his style because it requires passive aggression technics which make you feel comfortable in your skin.
Sui Generi:

Nelson Mandela's legacy has created and left behind a violent society, with millions of illegal firearms on the streets and violent crime is everywhere in South Africa. All these killers are doing is following Nelson's example.

Although I was born in Northern Rhodesia, a British colony with no apartheid laws, I've lived in South Africa many years.

utter rubbish. Crime is a function of socio-economic situation. These so called crimes have been going on in SA long before you started complaning about them,  the difference now is there is no artificial priviledged "fence" to keep you away from it.

Sui Generi:

Most people don't know this, but there is much more black on black violence, than black on white violence in South Africa, xenophobia is rife today. Though xenophobia is ever present in other African countries, prior to Nelson Mandela's reign of terror xenophobia was ONLY present during the Shaka Zulu and Dingaan wars, today its back with force.

It matters not what people believe of Nelson Mandela and all other supposed "freedom fighters" (including today's warmongers), like all of us Nelson Mandela will pay for the karma that he's brought upon himself and others.

Again, Martin Luther King's methods makes him MUCH more Nobel.
Why don't you tellus about all the atrocites your secret service inflicted on innocent people as well as how shooting small kids protesting the fact that they don't want to be indoctirnated into becoming zombie "afrikaans' speaking pupils  is by any means noble.

You have a lot of audacity.

PS. ITS NOBLE NOT NOBEL!
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by SuiGeneri: 6:25am On Dec 26, 2011
morpheus24
Martin luther was not the only "fighter" during his time

I suggest you read history, Martin Luther King was NO fighter. AND he achieved much more than Mandela and his gang of thugs did.

Waffle waffle waffle morpheus24, you just talk too much. The point is, and I say it again, Nelson Mandela, like all of us, will pay for the KARMA he has brought upon himself and others and it doesnt matter how much you love him and what you say, he and his violent comrades, will pay when their time on earth is up. You know it and I know it.

And while you are waffling on, dont correct others as if you are a headmistress, we all have a RIGHT to our opinions: Using NOBEL was purposeful for good reason, IN MY OPINION Martin Luther King, who I admire much MUCH more, deserved a Nobel prize more than Mandela.

Get over yourself morpheus24, its well documented and the whole world already knows how many illegal firearms are on the streets, and how much the crime has increased since 2000, even though the ANC party has chosen to overlook and ignore this crime in lieu of grabbing all the loot and having parties costing 100millions. Perhaps you should ask your maid or gardener who are the most targeted by today's crime.

This quote is for just you morpheus24:

"True words are not eloquent; eloquent words are not true. Wise men don't need to debate; men who need to debate are not wise. -- Lao Tzu"
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by morpheus24: 6:37am On Dec 26, 2011
^^^^

You must be like 12 years old and probably don't understand how the word "fight" connotates more than just violent acts which is why you seem to think it doesn't apply to Martin luther's non violent struggle.

THe nazi inspired Afrikaans party of 1948 and the atrocities they committed have not even been punished  yet so I am  truly hoping that the karma you are praying for descends on your kind before it does the "criminals" you point to cause those Black South Africans were exteremly nice to afford such animals a truth and reconciliation pardon.

There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires.
NELSON MANDELA
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by SuiGeneri: 6:41am On Dec 26, 2011
I am done, I've said my piece and will no longer respond to morpheus24's waffle.

I am entitled to MY OWN OPINION and whether you like it or not I will continue to inform the world of the truth. You, morpheus24, on the other hand can continue with your hatred of whites its not surprising we are used to it. As far as racism is concerned, blacks have always been more racist in South Africa than the whites who they try to emulate but never get it quite right.
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by morpheus24: 6:51am On Dec 26, 2011
^^^

My dear you are very much entitled to your opinion which is different from "truth".

Black South Africans are "angry" at the priviledge your people have long accorded yourselves based on pseudo sciences and mumbo jumbo about the ability of African people to progress.

Infact I am of the opinion that the least racist people on this planet are people of black African descent.
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by corporal: 9:23am On Dec 26, 2011
e
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by zolzlolz(f): 10:19am On Dec 26, 2011
SA LASSIE, WHERE ARE YOU?
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by paniki(m): 10:32am On Dec 26, 2011
corporal:

@ Morpheus
Your people were in africa for 4000 years and still running round in skins. "based on pseudo sciences and mumbo jumbo about the ability of African people to progress." what pseudo science the evidence is all out there. Now go stand in a food queue and wait for the WHITE americans and europeans to come give you some.
61 African Countries most suffering huge disease, poverty, crime , war and corruption. I rest my case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a rubbish comment from an ignorant fool. Just because you have pale skin and by virtue of that you enjoy inherited material benefits you now live your life feeling special. You must be one of the pretenders.
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by corporal: 10:35am On Dec 26, 2011
f
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by morpheus24: 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2011
corporal:

@ Morpheus
Your people were in africa for 4000 years and still running round in skins. "based on pseudo sciences and mumbo jumbo about the ability of African people to progress." what pseudo science the evidence is all out there. Now go stand in a food queue and wait for the WHITE americans and europeans to come give you some.
61 African Countries most suffering huge disease, poverty, crime , war and corruption. I rest my case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please don't feed me that  storm front propaganda BS. why didn't you leave us to our blissful ignorance and find some other european country to immigrate to. After stealing space on several continents you still have the audacity to open your dirty mouth about "running around in skins". Who told you to come here. I thought your racist propaganda says we were all seperated on different continents for a reason.

If your ancestors didn't come here we would still be in existence oblivious of your " greedy' ways. You think you did us a favor. Please you destroyed a way of life and a culture that would be fine without your intrusion. You should have left us to our miserable fate. That would have been much better.

The karma is on you,untill you pay retribution you will be forever in perpetual debt.

Like I said them black South Africans were exteremly lenient  with those truth and reconciliation trials which demostrates their forgiving spirits and their ability to move pass pure evil. you guys on the other hand just want to complain and sulk about your lost priviledged status.
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by corporal: 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2011
g
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by morpheus24: 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2011
corporal:

That would BE those Black Africans not them Africans you ignoramus. Show me 1 successful Black Nation. Go stand in a food queue

Ha ha!. A white dirty dutch speaking Afrikaaner trying to correct my english. How ironic?

Same ol "advanced" society arguement eh used to justify atrocities commited by your kind. Please spare me the dribble.

You have infected Black South Africans with an insatiable desire to continue to consume resources without thought of the overwhelming long term consequences to themselves or this planet.

You hoard technological know how then turn around and claim "africans" are too silly to learn anything. Right. Who you think you fooling.

You continue to perpetuate this "myth" of barbarians running around in bushes with spears to justify your "madness" when that is absolute falsehood.

You create pseudo racial sciences based on hierchies of skin color, brain sizes and all other amounts of warped scientific heresay agian to justy your thievery in Africa.

You have brought a warped version of the 'christian" faith to Aficans finding every social and scientific way to make "jesus" a european blond hair blue eyed man.

Please take "your" advancement away. I would trade 100 years of life from your "advanced" madness for 50 years of life without you guys on this planet. The Karma is on you!
[flash=400,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5xp2j0F3wg[/flash]
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by corporal: 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2011
h
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by morpheus24: 7:56pm On Dec 26, 2011
corporal:

English speaking South African
Ebonics speaking Nigerian
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by paniki(m): 8:41pm On Dec 26, 2011
corporal:

English speaking South African

Even worse. The English make up a huge proportion of pretenders in our society. Do you live in Cape Town?
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by cap28: 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2011
paniki and morpheus i see you and whitey are getting on real fine grin grin grin grin

i bet you're regretting all those times you spent bending over backwards to defend him eh grin grin grin grin

sorry to break it to you guys, but whitey will never change his attitude towards blacks no matter how much you kow tow to him grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by AjanleKoko: 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2011
corporal:

That would BE those Black Africans not them Africans you ignoramus. Show me 1 successful Black Nation. Go stand in a food queue

Why can't the Boers and Britishers just leave SA and go back to England or Holland or wherever? undecided
Leave the blacks to their dismal fate. It is after all their country. Abi? Let them sink. Don't 'help' them, help not required. Thanks.
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by morpheus24: 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2011
cap28:

paniki and morpheus i see you and whitey are getting on real fine grin grin grin grin

i bet you're regretting all those times you spent bending over backwards to defend him eh grin grin grin grin

sorry to break it to you guys, but whitey will never change his attitude towards blacks no matter how much you kow tow to him grin grin grin grin grin

Crap28

Please don't mistake nor compare my "thought processes' with your paranoid schizophrenia. Thats very insulting
Re: Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? by paniki(m): 10:45pm On Dec 26, 2011
morpheus24:

Crap28

Please don't mistake nor compare my "thought processes' with your paranoid schizophrenia. Thats very insulting

OUCH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eritrea Government Made Polygamy Mandatory: Eritrea Trending On Twitter / Trump Again Denied Knowing Parnas. So Parnas' Lawyer Posted More Robust Proof / Jewish Population By Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.