Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,089 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:41 AM

Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? (2809 Views)

My Boyfriend Always Tell His Ex Gurlfriend That He Love Her In Front Of Me / What R U Suppose To Do If Ur Gurlfriend Dat U Luv Is Crushing On A Celebrity?? / D Reason Y My Gurlfriend Jilted Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by jstringz(m): 7:06am On Oct 13, 2012
I don't really know if its right but why should my gurlfriend know the exact amount I take home every month?

Is this not suppose to be strict and confidential? Even, one's parent can hardly place the precise amount one earn?

Is it improper 2 avoid disclosing this info 2 ur girlfriend especially when she wants 2 know the exact amount and not the range?
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 13, 2012
She has NO rights. . .

She is just a girlfriend for now and as such, such information is classified. But if you feel you must tell her, do not, I repeat, DO NOT tell her the actual amount. Tell her something way below what you earn. This is another opportunity to analyze her golddiggerness or lack of it.

Errm, a very big mistake will be to inflate your actual take home pay. . .

1 Like

Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by Martini101(m): 7:33am On Oct 13, 2012
Wonders shall neva end! Sexkillz, so after all said and done, u re a naija female basher wit this ur comment above! Lol. Op. Dont even tell anybody ur exact take home pay except they re in the position to know.
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by jstringz(m): 7:45am On Oct 13, 2012
@ sexkillz, what if d dude no deh lie cause he is a good christian? undecided

what if she tells u everything and she makes u feel guilty u don't trust her enough to tell her something dis ordinary?

Is the persistent question a sin qua non to draw a conclusion that she might infact be a gold-digger or perhaps trying 2 deduce the validity of trust I have 4 her?
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by Mynd44: 7:53am On Oct 13, 2012
Somethings should not be shared and they includes passwords, ATM pins and wage. It does not concern her and you will do well to tell her that
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by digitalgeorgy(m): 8:20am On Oct 13, 2012
Giving her such informations would result to more questionz u wont lk to answer... Example:
u earn such amt, hw cum am nt on monthly allowance on ur acct??(4rm xpernc)
u dnt hv money 4 me nw... Wot did u use ur salary 4??
If d amt is small, she'll discourage u with commentz lk..
U dress lk a bankr bt earn lk a waiter.
Why dnt u resign n luk 4 anoda job??
THE BEST SOLUTION IS NOT TO GIVE HER THAT DATA.

1 Like

Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 13, 2012
digitalgeorgy: Giving her such informations would result to more questionz u wont lk to answer... Example:
These girls are all the same. Some of their mothers even want you to give them allowance every month from your salary. You refused they start to tell their daughter that that your fiance is stingy. Gad I so so hate these people.
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by Mynd44: 8:38am On Oct 13, 2012
Give her a monthly pay? She has to be hallucinating
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 13, 2012
Martini101: Wonders shall neva end! Sexkillz, so after all said and done, u re a naija female basher wit this ur comment above! Lol. Op. Dont even tell anybody ur exact take home pay except they re in the position to know.
What a bunch of malarkey! Where exactly in my post suggests what you are insinuating?

Pls read my comment again, and do so slowly this time. . .
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by Mynd44: 8:39am On Oct 13, 2012
sexkillz: What a bunch of malarkey! Where exactly in my post suggests what you are insinuating?

Pls read my comment again, and do so slowly this time. . .
I will suggest a pen and paper to write it out. Some people have problems reading from screens
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 13, 2012
jstringz: @ sexkillz, what if d dude no deh lie cause he is a good christian? undecided

what if she tells u everything and she makes u feel guilty u don't trust her enough to tell her something dis ordinary?

Is the persistent question a sin qua non to draw a conclusion that she might infact be a gold-digger or perhaps trying 2 deduce the validity of trust I have 4 her?
That is not lying. . . That is being technical.

She asked you your salary, you told her your salary. It only becomes a lie if she already knows what you earn before asking you and in this case, she doesn't!

When Jesus was brought before Pontius pilate and was asked "are you the king of the Jews", what did Jesus answer him?

Technicality. . . ~<<\cool/>>~
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by slimyem: 8:59am On Oct 13, 2012
If she's just a girlfriend,i'd say sahe has no right to know...
If she's you soon-to-be wife,i'd say its only normal that she knows..
I for one would like to know how much the man i'm planning to start a family with earns and how to plan along with him.
Except if you suspect your partner to be unreasonable and likely to use the information she has to milk you or make silly demands every opportunity she gets,i don't see a reason why not!
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by jstringz(m): 9:11am On Oct 13, 2012
Mynd_44: Somethings should not be shared and they includes passwords, ATM pins and wage. It does not concern her and you will do well to tell her that

"Do well to tell her that"

Isn't dat harsh.. Could even result to a big fight

1 Like

Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by jstringz(m): 9:13am On Oct 13, 2012
digitalgeorgy: Giving her such informations would result to more questionz u wont lk to answer... Example:

"Dress like a banker but earn like a waiter"

=)) =)) =)) laffº°˚ ˚°º≈wanº°˚ ˚°º≈tearº°˚ ˚°º≈myº°˚ ˚°º≈belleº°˚ ˚°º≈=)) =)).
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by Mynd44: 9:44am On Oct 13, 2012
jstringz:

"Do well to tell her that"

Isn't dat harsh.. Could even result to a big fight
Since I won't ask for hers, why should she ask for mine?
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by jstringz(m): 9:56am On Oct 13, 2012
Mynd_44:
Since I won't ask for hers, why should she ask for mine?

U didn't ask 4 hers but she still told u all d same...
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by Mynd44: 10:04am On Oct 13, 2012
jstringz:

U didn't ask 4 hers but she still told u all d same...

She told you her by herself so? Humans don't think alike na.
Just cos she does something does not mean you should
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by jstringz(m): 10:28am On Oct 13, 2012
Mynd_44:
She told you her by herself so? Humans don't think alike na.
Just cos she does something does not mean you should

Like u don't know how our naija babes deh behave ba? Easier said than done.
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by Mynd44: 10:36am On Oct 13, 2012
jstringz:

Like u don't know how our naija babes deh behave ba? Easier said than done.
Now you are just being Lilly livered
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by slimyem: 11:02am On Oct 13, 2012
Mynd_44:
Now you are just being Lilly livered
you got mail for real...
Pls reply
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by Mynd44: 11:20am On Oct 13, 2012
slimyem: you got mail for real...
Pls reply
Will check
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by Mynd44: 11:33am On Oct 13, 2012
slimyem: you got mail for real...
Pls reply
I replied already. Replied again, check your spam
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by digitalgeorgy(m): 12:07pm On Oct 13, 2012
slimyem:
If she's you soon-to-be wife,i'd say its only normal that she knows..
I for one would like to know how much the man i'm planning to start a family with earns and how to plan along with him.
i thought we discussed abt ''relatnshps n money'' d othr day?? 4 me oooh... She has no need 4 dat information. It will ginger her to make unneccesary request n she wont be cntented wit wot she'z been given. Small questn.. How many ladies would give out such information if asked?? Evn when dey are sure they wont be sucked, they will still call it d LADIES SECRET!!

BOYS NO GET SECRET??
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 13, 2012
@jstringz

Is there anything extraordinary about your salary? The average monthly pay is 6digits, only a select few take home 7digits. I'll understand your argument if you were nailing 8digits every month grin .

Please, oblige her and have some rest. It's not like she'd arrange kidnappers or something. grin
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by pendo89(f): 1:04pm On Oct 13, 2012
It's immoral. I can't dare ask my sis or brother how much they take home because it's none of my biz.It shouldn't be!
I mean that's like intruding into ones' privacy.
In the case of a husband and wife that is okay for purpose of budgeting.
But a GF/BF relationship? I say no,because a girl will start planning the budget in her head.And we are blessed with calculating to the last cent, so woe unto you if you disclose the figure earned, but fail to account for the expenditure.
Some things should be left where they belong for peace sake.
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by Screwface(m): 1:06pm On Oct 13, 2012
It depends on the girl,and the kind of relationship you both have together.
I for one tell my girl(she's not just a girl) about evry dime am entiltled to presently. My parents don't even know that much,they just guess the range.
Atleast she knows how much i earn,and she doesn't bug me unneccesrily.
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by slimyem: 1:16pm On Oct 13, 2012
digitalgeorgy:
i thought we discussed abt ''relatnshps n money'' d othr day?? 4 me oooh... She has no need 4 dat information. It will ginger her to make unneccesary request n she wont be cntented wit wot she'z been given. Small questn.. How many ladies would give out such information if asked?? Evn when dey are sure they wont be sucked, they will still call it d LADIES SECRET!!

BOYS NO GET SECRET??
i answered your question here.
slimyem: Except if you suspect your partner to be unreasonable and likely to use the information she has to milk you or make silly demands every opportunity she gets,i don't see a reason why not!
If i'm open to my partner about how much i earn and we have marriage plans in the near future,it is important that i know how much he brings home.
No secrets...no lies from day one of any serious relationship i get into..
That's how i deal...and any derailing from the agreement is a deal-breaker!
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 13, 2012
She has no right! shes a friend not your wife..!
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by free2ryhme: 3:08pm On Oct 13, 2012
jstringz: I don't really know if its right but why should my gurlfriend know the exact amount I take home every month?

Is this not suppose to be strict and confidential? Even, one's parent can hardly place the precise amount one earn?

Is it improper 2 avoid disclosing this info 2 ur girlfriend especially when she wants 2 know the exact amount and not the range?

she is your gf not your wife ... so she has no right to know ... her status is still question until u take her to the altar
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by jstringz(m): 4:35pm On Oct 13, 2012
fluid26: @jstringz

Is there anything extraordinary about your salary? The average monthly pay is 6digits, only a select few take home 7digits. I'll understand your argument if you were nailing 8digits every month grin .

Please, oblige her and have some rest. It's not like she'd arrange kidnappers or something. grin

Itz quite good and I don't want luvwantintin because of money tongue
fluid26: @jstringz

Itz quite good and I don't want luvwantintin because of money
Re: Y Shuld My Gurlfriend Be So Much Interested In My Monthly Take Home? by jstringz(m): 4:49pm On Oct 13, 2012
pendo89: It's immoral. I can't dare ask my sis or brother how much they take home because it's none of my biz.It shouldn't be!
But a GF/BF relationship? I say no,because a girl will start planning the budget in her head.And we are blessed with calculating to the last cent, so woe unto you if you disclose the figure earned, but fail to account for the expenditure.

Exactly what I thought bt dem babes fit make u feel so guilty. angry
pendo89: It's immoral. I can't dare ask my sis or brother how much they take home because it's none of my biz.It shouldn't be!

Exactly what I thought bt dem babes fit make u feel so guilty.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! My 18 Year Old Sister Is In A Blood Convenant / . / 10 Types Of Women Who's Husband's Will Always Cheat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.