Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

The Emerging Biochemists - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Emerging Biochemists (6251 Views)

**Great Biochemists; Lets Meet Here** / Graduate And Undergraduate Biochemists.lets Talk. / A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Emerging Biochemists by Daystarn: 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2012
Hello any biochem students in the house!please respond ad let us share ideas which will benefit us ad thse arnd us as we emerge as great biochemists.Thanks!
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by bukahands(m): 3:47pm On Oct 13, 2012
I hail o am also a biochemist currently serving though
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Daystarn: 6:17pm On Oct 13, 2012
Oh thanks 4 responding,how was like in schl,which?ad wat was ur Gp,how were U able 2 scale through d hurdles?Sure look 4ward 2 becoming an imagined biochemist.which area/aspect of biochem are U going into?
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by jamebex(m): 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2012
signing in. Great metabolites!
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Christine01(f): 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2012
Daystarn: Oh thanks 4 responding,how was like in schl,which?ad wat was ur Gp,how were U able 2 scale through d hurdles?Sure look 4ward 2 becoming an imagined biochemist.which area/aspect of biochem are U going into?

Hi guys, I'm a Biochemist.I graduated from Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State. I passed out of ‎​D̶̲̥̅̊ NYSC Scheme June of dis year.

It wasn't easy during my undergrad days but constant and diligent studying coupled with God's favour worked for М̣̣̥̇ε̲̣̣̣̥. Came out with a very good CGPA.

I want to specialize I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Molecular Biology. Already picked a PG form I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ UI.

Wish Ɣ☺ΰ ‎​D̶̲̥̅̊ best I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ all your endeavors.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Daystarn: 8:40am On Oct 15, 2012
Why molecular biology?bt is it d same as cell biology?.Pls house how are d job opptnts 4 biochemists,bt here in Nig,ad internatnal,I was tld dat a biochemist cld either go into eductn,food prodcng companies,or medical biochem.pls cld sme1 elaborate on these.ad 1 mre thng,does anyone knw any schlarshp progrme available 4 a biochemistry studnt?pls share with us.have a great wk.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Daystarn: 9:20am On Oct 15, 2012
Does anyone hv textbk he or she used 4 biochem ad will nt mind sparing?
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Christine01(f): 11:19pm On Oct 16, 2012
@ Daystarn, its molecular cell biology.I want to combine active research work with lecturing.

I have some e-books on Biochemistry:

Garret and Grisham- Biochemistry 2nd edition.
Colour atlas of Biochemistry, 2nd edition.
Biochemistry, 3rd edition by Mattews, Van Holde and Ahern.
Oxford Dictionary of Biochemistry and molecular Biology.
Biochemistry, 5th edition- Lubert Stryer
Principles of Biochemistry- Lehninger
Harper's Biochemistry, 26th edition... And some others.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Christine01(f): 11:26pm On Oct 16, 2012
I can send Ɣ☺ΰ some of them but Ɣ☺ΰ have to promise Ɣ☺ΰ are going to read them.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Daystarn: 10:25am On Oct 17, 2012
Thanks God bless u!I promise to read all by God's grace.Pls cld U post ur numbr so I cld reach U ,which schl are u?where is ur base?thanks
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 17, 2012
Nice thread. I am also an undergraduate of BCH. I hope to gain a lot from this thread
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Davidgerald: 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2012
hey guy....am a jambite dt ws admitted dis session...biochm....my drim is 2 bcom a medical doc...is dr anyway i culd do dis afta my graduatn 4rm sch....and plz being a biochmist...is it goin 2 b smooth 4 me wit an average hardwrk in sch.....ur replies wil b appreciated....@christine...if u culd spare sm 4 me i'd appreciate...
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Christine01(f): 10:23am On Oct 18, 2012
Daystarn: Thanks God bless u!I promise to read all by God's grace.Pls cld U post ur numbr so I cld reach U ,which schl are u?where is ur base?thanks

Didn't Ɣ☺ΰ read my earlier posts? Why are Ɣ☺ΰ asking for the school I'm in?

Let М̣̣̥̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ have ur email address so I can forward ​the books to you.

Meanwhile, what level are Ɣ☺ΰ?
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 18, 2012
Christine01:

Didn't Ɣ☺ΰ read my earlier posts? Why are Ɣ☺ΰ asking for the school I'm in?

Let М̣̣̥̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ have ur email address so I can forward ​the books to you.

Meanwhile, what level are Ɣ☺ΰ?

Pls I will also need this material am moving to 200level. unequal2none@gmail.com
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Daystarn: 12:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
Oh sorry I guess i missed that,I am in 100 level,my email is nike4christ16@yahoo.com thanks!
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Davidgerald: 1:25pm On Oct 18, 2012
Christine01: I can send Ɣ☺ΰ some of them but Ɣ☺ΰ have to promise Ɣ☺ΰ are going to read them.
sure i'l read dem....a 100l studnt.....hr is ma email...davidgerald007@nokiamail.com.....tnx...
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Christine01(f): 7:26am On Oct 20, 2012
torres2:
Pls I will also need this material am moving to 200level. unequal2none@gmail.com

Will send the books to you by next week. I travelled out of town and I didn't go with my lappi.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Christine01(f): 7:30am On Oct 20, 2012
Davidgerald: sure i'l read dem....a 100l studnt.....hr is ma email...davidgerald007@nokiamail.com.....tnx...
Daystarn: Oh sorry I guess i missed that,I am in 100 level,my email is nike4christ16@yahoo.com thanks!

Ɣ☺ΰ guys won't have need of the biochemistry texts till Ɣ☺ΰ get to 200 level as you won't be doing any BCH courses I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 100 level. Will still send them anyways.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Nobody: 4:44am On Oct 21, 2012
Christine01:

Will send the books to you by next week. I travelled out of town and I didn't go with my lappi.

God bless you my sister. I will appreciate it soo much
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Daystarn: 11:52am On Oct 21, 2012
Thanks girl!I'm really grateful
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Oxytocin712: 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
Happy to be in the most exiting room, GREAT METABOLITES! I hail u o... No Biochemist No Life, bec all life beggine from MOLECULAR LEVEL.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by acawo(m): 4:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
hmmmm!i love dis thread.biochemistry is only for dos who re hardworking.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Phil2020: 1:13am On Oct 22, 2012
Guys in the house, speak the real thing.Biochemistry is not smiling in The University of Ibadan. Every year, only about four people graduate with a second class upper. how is it in your schools
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Christine01(f): 5:31am On Oct 22, 2012
Phil2020: Guys in the house, speak the real thing.Biochemistry is not smiling in The University of Ibadan. Every year, only about four people graduate with a second class upper. how is it in your schools

If Biochemistry isn't smiling, then make it smile. Success does not come easily. Know what you want and go for it. The department of Biochemistry is known all over for been strict. Just be determined to be the change you want to see and nothing can stop you.

I remember when I was in 100 level and a family friend was trying to advice М̣̣̥̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ to transfer to another department because according to her, Biochemistry lecturers are sadists. I laughed it off but made up my mind to make a difference. And my dear, I did make a difference.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Davidgerald: 6:13am On Oct 22, 2012
hey my guys....ah nid encouragemnts........wel i knw wit hardwrk i'll mek ma drims....bt criously is biochemistry dt tough??
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Daystarn: 10:12am On Oct 22, 2012
So I heard,infact it is even tougher than med,bt what I dnt knw is what is really tough in it.Please those ahead could u pls tell us what it is.Is it d organic chem part,or d mathematics,or which part,pls enlighten us.thanks!
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 23, 2012
Daystarn: So I heard,infact it is even tougher than med,bt what I dnt knw is what is really tough in it.Please those ahead could u pls tell us what it is.Is it d organic chem part,or d mathematics,or which part,pls enlighten us.thanks!
my bro no course is easier it's through BCH is not easy but make up your to strife through all. in my school out like 70 only like 20-30 graduate. Imagine a dept that hasn't made 2 1 not to talk of first class in the last 7 yrs but my mind is fixed to make the difference and to write my own name on the platter of Gold.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by acawo(m): 10:57am On Oct 25, 2012
Daystarn: So I heard,infact it is even tougher than med,bt what I dnt knw is what is really tough in it.Please those ahead could u pls tell us what it is.Is it d organic chem part,or d mathematics,or which part,pls enlighten us.thanks!
oga no mind dm o.bch no hard lik dt na.ppl jst lik exageratin cuz of d way bch lecturers treat deir students.bch involves writin of pathways.al u nid is prayer n constant reading
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Daystarn: 4:23pm On Nov 03, 2012
Thanks guy,it is well with us ,Amen! Pls Christine are U bk?hw far with d e-books?thanks a bunch!
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Christine01(f): 2:46am On Nov 04, 2012
@ Daystarn,
Hi. So sorry you haven't heard from М̣̣̥̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a while. I tried sending the books as an attachment I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a mail but their sizes are larger than the maximum limit. I don't know what to do.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by oxaloacetate(f): 2:18pm On Nov 05, 2012
I finished from UNILAG, studied biochemistry, just rounded up my NySc in june. Am currently doing my masters in biochemistry. Its not easy but when u enjoy what u r doing nothing can stop you from acheiving your goal.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by jnrremedy(m): 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
pls dont have that mindset just do ur best nd believe in urself. have dis philosophy that noting is hard or difficult as long as u re not d first. In as much as there re examples of failures they are also many conqurers.
And please make sure u have a clear career plan now so u dont become stranded when u re rounding up ur programme. Most intending biochemist dont no whot they want to do(since about 70% of them originally entered for medicine nd surgery) until they get to their final/service year

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education / Some Cities Before & After Photos / Brutal Realities Of Life After A Nuclear War/Apocalypse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.