Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors (2386 Views)

Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. / Teachable Moment For Market-a Call To Investors / Dividend Of Quoted Firm To Be Paid Into Savings Account. Sec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by TopAnalyst(m): 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2012
Dear Nairalanders,

I decided to open this thread as a way of guiding investors/potential investors in the equities market of the Nigerian Stock Exchange. The last boom-bust era was mainly characterized by improper or lack of investment advise to the investors.
This time around, with the new boom around the corner, I have provided an opportunity here for you all to make a wise investment decision.

You can post your comments and enquiries here and let's help you make your money work for you.

Please note that i'm rendering this as a voluntary, value adding service to this forum for users both home and abroad. I will respond to every enquiries at my earliest convenience and other professional analysts/traders are also free to respond. I will also make available, from time to time, important information on developments on the Nigerian Stock Exchange or market breaking news (including results and corporate benefits).

Thank you
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by jamace(m): 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2012
Welcome, brother. I'm all eyes and ears on this thread. cool
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by TopAnalyst(m): 2:14pm On Oct 14, 2012
Many thanks
jamace: Welcome, brother. I'm all eyes and ears on this thread. cool
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by feelamong(m): 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2012
Thank u bro!!! Welcome! Pls we await ur incisive analysis and tips for good stocks!
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by justfree1(m): 9:47pm On Oct 14, 2012
subscribing....hope i benefit cheesy cheesy undecided
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by TopAnalyst(m): 4:37am On Oct 16, 2012
UBA Plc Q3'12 Results: PAT soared by 430% to N39 billion
UBA Plc has just released its nine months ended September 30, 2012 results. Healthy growth continued in Q3, with gross earnings up 21.44% year-on-year to N168.200 billion and the bank looks on track to meet our FY N222 billion figure. PBT surged by 376.06% to N44.859 billion while PAT soared to N39.119 billion from N7.385 billion. However, quarterly earnings run rate declined, with PBT and PAT slowing by -17.73% and -9.29% respectively.
We note that operating efficiency and significant reduction in net impairment loss buoyed the profit line. On cost management, UBA continue to execute tighter operating cost with operating expenses slowing by 3.52% y-o-y to N75.015 billion.
Loans and advances came in slightly higher by 3.11% to N711.890 billion. Loan book remain subdued as combination of factors including, pricing pressure at the top end and attractive yields on treasuries, has resulted in less credit being extended to borrowers.
Deposits grew by 11.69% to N1.637 trillion; whilst net assets grew by 21.88%...
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by feelamong(m): 8:00am On Oct 16, 2012
TopAnalyst: UBA Plc Q3'12 Results: PAT soared by 430% to N39 billion
UBA Plc has just released its nine months ended September 30, 2012 results. Healthy growth continued in Q3, with gross earnings up 21.44% year-on-year to N168.200 billion and the bank looks on track to meet our FY N222 billion figure. PBT surged by 376.06% to N44.859 billion while PAT soared to N39.119 billion from N7.385 billion. However, quarterly earnings run rate declined, with PBT and PAT slowing by -17.73% and -9.29% respectively.
We note that operating efficiency and significant reduction in net impairment loss buoyed the profit line. On cost management, UBA continue to execute tighter operating cost with operating expenses slowing by 3.52% y-o-y to N75.015 billion.
Loans and advances came in slightly higher by 3.11% to N711.890 billion. Loan book remain subdued as combination of factors including, pricing pressure at the top end and attractive yields on treasuries, has resulted in less credit being extended to borrowers.
Deposits grew by 11.69% to N1.637 trillion; whilst net assets grew by 21.88%...

So my Oga, does this translate to a buy or sell of this giant with clay feet?
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by jamace(m): 8:17pm On Oct 20, 2012
Waiting grin
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by TopAnalyst(m): 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
feelamong:

So my Oga, does this translate to a buy or sell of this giant with clay feet?
Undoubtedly it is a buy call. The PBT and PAT growth is a very good indicator. We should also note that the company has suffered a lot of haircuts and provisions to get to where they are today. the future is bright and at a price hovering around N5.00, it a good bargain to hold for the next 365days. thanks
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by jamace(m): 7:41am On Oct 26, 2012
TopAnalyst:
Undoubtedly it is a buy call. The PBT and PAT growth is a very good indicator. We should also note that the company has suffered a lot of haircuts and provisions to get to where they are today. the future is bright and at a price hovering around N5.00, it a good bargain to hold for the next 365days. thanks

Ok. Thanks.
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by atilla(m): 11:20am On Oct 26, 2012
Hi TopA

Please what's your advice on the three stocks below

Vita foam
Oando
And international breweries.

Thanks
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by courage89(m): 7:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
TopAnalyst:

While i agree with you that UBA is a good stock to hold for the next 1 year based on their strong PBT and PAT, and also based on reduction of bad assets from their balance sheet. My question is how is the Virgin Nigeria loan exposure going to affect UBA FY PAT and share price going forward? Plus, with the exposure in mind, would you still pick UBA ahead of Access, GTB, First Bank and Zenith at their current prices?
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by SMARTGOLD: 6:16am On Oct 28, 2012
TopAnalyst,
Are you a stock broker or just an analyst?
You have made few comments in the below analyst that worths looking at your direction.
Thanks.
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by TopAnalyst(m): 8:53pm On Nov 01, 2012
SMART GOLD: TopAnalyst,
Are you a stock broker or just an analyst?
You have made few comments in the below analyst that worths looking at your direction.
Thanks.

I am an Analyst and at the same time a Stockbroker
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by TopAnalyst(m): 9:00pm On Nov 01, 2012
courage89:

While i agree with you that UBA is a good stock to hold for the next 1 year based on their strong PBT and PAT, and also based on reduction of bad assets from their balance sheet. My question is how is the Virgin Nigeria loan exposure going to affect UBA FY PAT and share price going forward? Plus, with the exposure in mind, would you still pick UBA ahead of Access, GTB, First Bank and Zenith at their current prices?

I'm an advocate of a well diversified portfolio and as such, i won't advice that you buy just any single one of those Tier-1 bank stocks into your portfolio but a good mix of upto 2 or 3 of them depending on your choice.
On the loan aspect, I don't want us to get agitated about the Virgin Nigeria exposure because the Newly Revised Prudential Guideline takes good care of loan provisioning - even for the best performing ones. However, we should also be mindful that the subject matter of the facility (the Aircrafts, etc) and other collateral are still in good shape and will provide a fairly good cover for the loan. (These are my personal opinions)
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by TopAnalyst(m): 9:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
atilla: Hi TopA

Please what's your advice on the three stocks below

Vita foam
Oando
And international breweries.

Thanks

You may want to avoid Oando for now until after their planned Rights Offer because more volume issued will diminish the share price. As for Vitafoam and International Breweries, they're ok but make sure you have a diversified portfolio so as to give you some rest of mind
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by ihedioramma: 9:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
THANK'S SO MUCH FOR GIVING US YOUR THME. I NEED YOUR E-MAIL AND PHONE NUMBER . REPLY ME TRU ihedioramma@yahoo.ca or 08095025817
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by ihedioramma: 7:18pm On Nov 22, 2012
HELLO TOP A, GOOD DAY . WHAT ARE THE FIVE GOOD STOCKS TO HAVE IN MY PORTFOLIO BEFOR 2012 END ? FIVE GOOD GOOD STOCKS THAT ARE LOW NOW AND GOOD TO BUY THIS TIME ? ihedioramma@yahoo.ca or 08095025817

1 Like

Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by otokx(m): 8:12pm On Nov 22, 2012
nice thread
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by ihedioramma: 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2012
HELLO TOP A, GIVE US TWO OF YOUR GOOD STOCKS THAT ARE LOW TO AND GOOD TO BUY . PLS GIVE ME YOUR E-MAIL MY IS ihedioramma@yahoo.ca
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by glogirl(f): 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2013
hello Top Analyst,

i noticed today that there is jump in price of stock especially the banks.
However, from bloomberg,i also noticed that no trade was carried out on UBA plc stock as at today.
what could be the reason for this?
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by carslease: 5:00pm On Jan 02, 2013
glogirl: hello Top Analyst,

i noticed today that there is jump in price of stock especially the banks.
However, from bloomberg,i also noticed that no trade was carried out on UBA plc stock as at today.
what could be the reason for this?

UBA is currently on technical suspension. This should last until the 4th of this month. As for the jump in prices, its expected as investors are already taking posituion to wait for the upcoming dividend season!
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
Hello Topanalyst!
Compliments of d season. I am a novice when it comes to investing but I also wanna know how to pick the ryt stocks too, so I was thinking if you could recommend any book for me dat'l help in dis regard.
Thanks!
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by ihedioramma: 8:57pm On Jan 02, 2013
HELLO TOP A, HAPPY NEW YEAR . IS JAN 2O13 WHAT STOCK DO U HAVE FOR US ?
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by ihedioramma: 9:00pm On Jan 02, 2013
HELLO TOP A, HAPPY NEW YEAR . IS JAN 2O13 WHAT STOCK DO U HAVE FOR US ? THE GOOD ONES THAT ARE LOW BOUT GOOD TO BUY AND SELL BEFOR MAY 2013 ?
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by glogirl(f): 4:51pm On Jan 03, 2013
Thanks TopAnalyst for the reponse. I actually purchased a huge number of UBA shares last quarter. I made the decision based on their impressive 9 month third quarter result. With the current restructing, what do you think will be the impact on the stock price? What would you do?
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by Kayode121: 7:52pm On Jan 03, 2013
Pls can any one help me with hw to get info on this shares u pple are talking of, how to get it?wer to get it?and how much it cost?
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by ihedioramma: 8:22pm On Jan 03, 2013
HELLO KAYODE, ASK OF STOCK BROKERS ANY WERE U ARE OR GO AND BUY A BOOK ABOUT NIG CAPITEL MARKET THAT TEACH HOW U CAN INVEST AND HOW IT WORKS. HELLO GLOGIRL DO U UNDERSTAND WHY UBA IS SUSPANDED? HELLO TOP A, WERE ARE U ? PLS GIVE US REPLY OF WHAT WE ASK YOU? .
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by Tochex101(m): 8:45pm On Jan 03, 2013
Hello TP,hope I aint going off key but I wat to ask u what u know about IGI insurance company.I purchased a huge volume of the companys shares on private placement about six years ago.I feel swindled cos they have refused to come out publicly on the NSE since then.Pls is there any serious factor holding them back or is it just plain politics.....I'm sure many Nigerians would want want to know too
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by feelamong(m): 7:57am On Jan 04, 2013
Tochex101: Hello TP,hope I aint going off key but I wat to ask u what u know about IGI insurance company.I purchased a huge volume of the companys shares on private placement about six years ago.I feel swindled cos they have refused to come out publicly on the NSE since then.Pls is there any serious factor holding them back or is it just plain politics.....I'm sure many Nigerians would want want to know too

Bros just forget all abt that IGI private placement you bought.. Na one chance dem carry u enter so! That baba has refused to list his shares as promised on the Stock exchange so as to avoid the scrutiny that publicy quoted shares do go thru.

Just laminate the certicate keep. Maybe in 10yrs time it may be useful grin
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by courage89(m): 5:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
glogirl: Thanks TopAnalyst for the reponse. I actually purchased a huge number of UBA shares last quarter. I made the decision based on their impressive 9 month third quarter result. With the current restructing, what do you think will be the impact on the stock price? What would you do?

Hold onto your Units, the restructuring should angur well for UBA shareholders. Just look at First Bank restructuring. The share price has increased at least about 10-15% after their reorganization. I think we can expect the share price to follow the same pattern as FBNH.
Re: Equities/quoted Shares Investment: Expert's Advice To Investors by ihedioramma: 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2013
HELLO TOP A, LIKE SAY U HAVE 2000 SHARES WITH UBA AFTER THAT THEY ARE DOIYING WILL THE SHARE

(1) (2) (Reply)

a / Where Can I Borrow Money Apart From Commercial Banks / Transportation Buisness That Fetches Money (danfo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.