Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,645 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? (16773 Views)

Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by dopeJemi: 1:21pm On Oct 14, 2012
Now this is something i was reasoning today at church,

Can a born again christian be in the army

we all know that armies kill in d process of fighting war

It was in the bible that 'thou shall not kill'

So I wanna know if a christian can be in the army
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by 19naia(m): 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
I was a soldier in the army and i prayed before going ,to never have to kill anyone there,and i never had to kill anyone there..And so far to this day i have not killed anyone ...YET....I met many christian people there and one born again christian i knew there was the most decorated junior soldier for being a very disciplined soldier with hi scores on all his performance test...he was not like the rest who smoked and drank alchohol and chased women when off duty and then tired and unfocused on duty....One member of my company unit was shot with minor injuries when he was drafted to drive the general for a few months in Somalia...Most of us in our Unit were assigned to not go to war but to the national cemetary to do the funerals of those who died in war ,and every military funeral gets a priest or rabbii or preacher or imam or babalawo as the family decides,and religious renderings are made as the soldier is laid to rest..i was part of handleing over 1000 military funerals in 2 years...the other duties we did were honour ceremonies for dignitaries of the pentagon and white house and national ceremonies in washington DC......Where people are dying and at war,there is where prayer and god is needed most,but then it is a personal choice to go to military as it is also a personal choice to go with or without god in life...In war,many non soldiers are killed and even outside national or regional wars,people kill each other just for the grudge of it....I did military funerals of at least 2 young soldiers who died while on vacation at home where things should be safe..one died in accident on the road in ice and snow storm...The other died when he returned home to visit from the army and the gangs who knew him before on the streets,shot him dead...one soldier was a woman killed by her lover off duty at home.....The next person to be killed on earth is likely to be killed in a church as is likely to be killed serving in the army...How many church bombings in Nigeria were afterwards assisted by people in the army,and does god approve of their army service to the church people under attack??

7 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by Archmed(m): 11:52am On Oct 21, 2012
Can a soldier be born again?
The answer is YES...so a born-again can be a soldier..simple logic.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 21, 2012
CAN TWO WALK TOGETHER EXCEPT THEY BE AGREED ? AMOS 3 VS 3
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by eduson55(m): 11:55am On Oct 21, 2012
can a soldier kill sombody?
silly ques.
take this off ma table

4 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by 222Martins(m): 11:57am On Oct 21, 2012
A king may move a man, the world may fall on a man, but the soul belongs to the man. You are responsible for your actions; regardless of the rationale behind such action.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
wetin born-again? you fit enta your mama yansh back ? lolz
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by Theben(m): 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
A born again christian can be a soldier. I don't think christianity is against protecting your nation from external attack. So far you do not kill unjustly. In the bible, David was a king, yet he fought war and protected his kingdom. God did not disown him cos he was a warrior/soldier. Same with Saul and some other followers of God in the bible.
So if modern christianity is against one being a soldier, then, it would be pure 'double standard'

6 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by masterpiecer(m): 12:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
A christain can be in the military, the duty of the army is to protect his nation during war, and even in the bible, the children of Isreal had army who fought to protect their people, fighting and killing ur enemies during war to protect urself and country is not a sin.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by eduson55(m): 12:02pm On Oct 21, 2012
can a born again be a christian?

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by jide4lagos(m): 12:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
CAN A BORN AGAINST CHRISTIAN SMOKE GRASS?

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by lakesider(m): 12:04pm On Oct 21, 2012
Religion , NO1 problem of man
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by benedictjohn(m): 12:04pm On Oct 21, 2012
[b][/b][color=#770077][/color][img][/img]NEVER EVER

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by akigbemaru: 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2012
It depends on how you see life. I may compare USA and Nigeria . USA is a warring naion and that is where they derived much of their prosPerity from, and you are required to sign the patriot act, meaning after signing, be who you, you must be enlisted to military, if the need be. That's why priests, civilians, engineers, politicians e.t.c., at old age walking around with a veteran cap, that's what the society likes. In Nigeria, we are not a warring nation, our priests, civilians, military, witches, wizards, gypsies, engineers, politicians e.t.c., would rather die as Pastors, because we are already brainwashed!
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by SamMilla1(m): 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2012
No, but they can ask the soldiers for protection when alqaeda knocks on the door.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by adefash(m): 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2012
dopeJemi: Now this is something i was reasoning today at church,

the God that says we should not kill, doesnt He kill? He killed pharao and his army in sea. What does an army of a country do? Protect the city against external attack. Who does an army obey? A government. Who institute a government? God! God gives us the order to obey the government.
The question i will like u to answer here is"will a christian worship God under the protection of an army in a troubled city?"

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by Martinboy41(m): 12:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
A christan can be a soilder to protect his nation against enemy @ martin
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by bory09(m): 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2012
A good born again christian should not join soldier. Why its because soldier activities does not portray love and peace rather violent and hatred. Even jesus says in his word that we should forgive all that sin against us. If we forgive our fellow brethren why should we go to war. If even when peter in the bible try to cause violent when the pharisee soldier is arresting jesus. Jesus stop peter this is to show us that jesus himself prefer peaceful negotiation than violent war which the soldier engage in

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by Martinboy41(m): 12:18pm On Oct 21, 2012
[email][/email] can a christan die
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by mikron(m): 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
modern soldiers does the same duty as the isrealite soldiers of old in the bible and my good bible tells me the Almighty God loves them and encourages or order them to kill the enemy, that means a born again christian army can kill. The isrealites army in the bible have gone to war numerous times with different Generals like joshua e.t.c getting directive from God to kill the enemy most times the phillistines, amorites, hittites and the jebusites. And my bible tells me Jehova is a consuming fire, the God of war, the i am that i am. He does not change.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by Martinboy41(m): 12:21pm On Oct 21, 2012
A christan can be a solider
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by mikron(m): 12:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
modern soldiers does the same duty as the isrealite soldiers of old in the bible and my good bible tells me the Almighty God loves them and encourages or order them to kill the enemy, that means a born again christian army can kill. The isrealites army in the bible have gone to war numerous times with different Generals like joshua e.t.c getting directive from God to kill the enemy most times the phillistines, amorites, hittites and the jebusites. Most times he commands his army the isrealites to kill even the wives and children of the enemy not forgetting to wipe out their livestocks too. And my bible tells me Jehova is a consuming fire, the God of war, the i am that i am. He does not change.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by Youngzedd(m): 12:29pm On Oct 21, 2012
dopeJemi: Now this is something i was reasoning today at church,

Why not.
You see u went to church and your mind isn't there instead thinking another thing that should come after the service. Don't tell me u're a christain.

Lets channel to the bible those that fought wars and killed.
1) Abraham
2) King David
3) King Saul.
4) Mose also killed.
5) Elija and bal niggaz
6) Joshua
7) Etc.

Imagine David killed thousands just to marry Saul's daughter.

If so the above shouldn't see the gate of heaven.
Our thoughts/reasoning divers from the most high God.

If you know that somebody will kill you and u didn't defend ur self and u die, listen satan will give u an award in hell. If I be satan ur punishment go worst pass.

Am a pure christain, I just came back from church.

If war is involved, I tell you finish your enemies.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by lekkie073(m): 12:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
thou shall not kill......yet david killed goliath. the act of killing during war is not a personal thing, rather its a collective issue. thatmeans if i kill someone as a soldier during war, i did noy actually killed the person, my community or whatever i am defending takes the responsibility. david killed goliath thereby making israel defeat the philistines.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by Youngzedd(m): 12:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
bory09: A good born again christian should not join soldier. Why its because soldier activities does not portray love and peace rather violent and hatred. Even jesus says in his word that we should forgive all that sin against us. If we forgive our fellow brethren why should we go to war. If even when peter in the bible try to cause violent when the pharisee soldier is arresting jesus. Jesus stop peter this is to show us that jesus himself prefer peaceful negotiation than violent war which the soldier engage in

You're funny.
Do you remember in the book of revelation during the end time that there will be war, nation against nation, this and that.

Now tell me are you the one that will stop the prophecy?

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by coolest0(m): 12:35pm On Oct 21, 2012
dahonestboss: wetin born-again? you fit enta your mama yansh back ? lolz
Funny lol
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by disloman(m): 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2012
dahonestboss: wetin born-again? you fit enta your mama yansh back ? lolz
Ain't funny bro.u r a slowpoke
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by disloman(m): 12:50pm On Oct 21, 2012
it is simple.thou shall not kill doesn't imply to soldier.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by nedu2000(m): 12:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
I've always felt that the deaths in wars are the reponsibilty of those that sent them,and not the soldiers themselves,charles taylor,milosevic didn't kill those people themselves but they are the ones facing warcrimes...... ‎​ƔΕ̲̣̣̣̥S̶̲̥̅ a born again christian can join the military
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2012
This tricky question has been niggling at the back of my mind for quite awhile.

Analogies from the bible would suggest that the scriptures respect military service - noble military service - as God himself is a Divine Warrior. Even Jesus wasn't a pacifist: He was violent on one occasion - at least - and the bible described him as "sinless". Sometimes you don't turn the other cheek; you make a stand, albeit a violent one.

King David: that's my role-model.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? by Goldenheart(m): 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
u guys ve been saying trash.......in the old testament isreal was considered GOD'S people.....any nation dat waged war against ISREAL was also waging war against GOD. And trust my GOD. He finishes them with his mighty arm. Through the isrealite.... Non isrealite bck in those days don't worship GOD, they are considered GOD'S ENEMIES. But nw that JESUS has paid d ultimate price to make us his people......to be cont.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact / Accessing The Divine Killing Anointing By Dr D.k Olukoya - Written Sermon / Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.