Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,962 members, 7,799,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) (12177 Views)

Robbers Invade Flood Victims’ Camp In Onitsha, Cart Away With Food Items / Governor Obi Evacuating Flood Victims (Pictures) / Oshiomole In A Canoe Helping Flood Victims: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by ogusbaba1(m): 4:40pm On Oct 14, 2012
http://www.ogusbaba.com/2012/10/photos-nigeria-president-visit-delta.html
Photos: From Water flood victims from various town in Delta State.
The photos below are been taken from the camp where all the affected town and communities stay at oleh- saint Michael, The Federal Government Said the victims will remain in the Camp for the next 4weeks,
Which the FG provide every Feeding materials for them.. Accommodation is unique for every Single Victim in the Camp.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-uCIGVEu6FzA/UHrQ8cLbhQI/AAAAAAAACnM/qsEJC4iyo0Q/s400/Photo0421.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-e7TvifTDKJw/UHrQ84wjyUI/AAAAAAAACnY/7YYTIMCwtow/s400/Photo0424.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-LyfoJ9YJHIU/UHrQ93R2E6I/AAAAAAAACnk/jWThiS2emYQ/s400/Photo0427.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-rdliitIec7I/UHrQ-TY8qOI/AAAAAAAACnw/Du6kzPOSkl8/s400/Photo0435.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-VtRpKTo3FgY/UHrQ-wE7BXI/AAAAAAAACn8/RwUgrm1qEAQ/s400/Photo0433.jpg[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 15, 2012
All those that can should please visit nearby camps with relief materials!
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by chucky234(m): 12:55am On Oct 15, 2012
What a sad and traumatic experience for the victims,becoming refugees in their own communities,so sad.
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 15, 2012
MY EXPERIENCE:
I WENT TO YENAGOA ON FRIDAY JUST TO GIVE AIDS TO THE IDPs (Internally Displaced persons), I AIDED THE BUILDING OF TENTS AND FORGOT THAT I HADN'T A HOTEL RESERVATION. BY THE TIME I REALIZED, T'WAS 9:30pm. I THEN HEADED BACK TO EDEPIE ROUNDABOUT HOPING TO GET A CAB TO OTUASEGA BUT THERE WAS NONE. I THOUGHT FOR A WHILE AND HEADED TO DOXA FAMILY CHURCH WHICH IS ALMOST COMPLETED BUT WITHOUT DOORS, THERE I SLEPT TILL SATURDAY MORNING. ON SATURDAY (yesterday), I JUST BRUSHED TEETH AND WASHED MY FACE (there was no place to bath) AND AGAIN HEADED TO THE CAMP WHERE I HELPED OUT AGAIN TILL 1:45pm WHEN I SET-OFF HEADING BACK TO PORT HARCOURT.
I RETURNED ON A 911 TIPPER TRUCK (and paid x3 the normal fare)TOTALLY (DRENCHED BY HEAVY RAIN) FROM YENAGOA TO ELELE-ALIMINI FROM WHERE I BOARDED A BUS TO PH..
DESPITE MY EXPERIENCE, I STILL INTEND GOING BACK WITH MORE RELIEF MATERIALS ON WEDNESDAY (17th October)

33 Likes

Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:03am On Oct 15, 2012
Keep up the good work. . .

1 Like

Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by pendusky(m): 1:07am On Oct 15, 2012
"If you'll not settle for anything
less than your best, you will be
amazed at what you can
accomplish in your lives." -
Vince Lombardi

Oops Need Delete button! Wrong thread!
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by yeye4live(m): 1:17am On Oct 15, 2012
Re dey fine babes in dis camps,just curious may b I cud relocate dier 2catch som fun

1 Like

Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by SisiKill1: 1:21am On Oct 15, 2012
Imanuelle: All those that can should please send down relief materials!
In an ideal society, this call to arms won't even be given a second thought. . .people woulda already given but Nigeria? You have to take a second, third, fourth and fifth thought.

Who do you send it to?

How do you go about it?

Is there an agency in charge?

How can we be certain this won't be another way for some people to line their pockets?

1 Like

Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:37am On Oct 15, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
In an ideal society, this call to arms won't even be given a second thought. . .people woulda already given but Nigeria? You have to take a second, third, fourth and fifth thought.

Who do you send it to?

How do you go about it?

How can we be certain this won't be another way for some people to line their pockets?

Sorry sis, that's not how i meant it to be,
My proposed intention was to tell people to come forward to nearby camps with whatever they could offer!
These people need help.

I have edited my earlier post. smiley
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by free2ryhme: 1:44am On Oct 15, 2012
yeye4live: Re dey fine babes in dis camps,just curious may b I cud relocate dier 2catch som fun

Nls do mind him. His mind is flooded with madness grin
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by taharqa: 1:52am On Oct 15, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Who do you send it to?

How do you go about it?

I believed that was why the Dangote/Agbakoba Committee was set up. When they come out with their account nos and modalities, people can pay something into the accounts. In the mean time, those people close to any of these relief camps should visit and see what they can provide in Kind; while those people staying far-off can route their Assistance in Kind through any local Red Cross unit.

Bottom line: these people need help today and in the long term.

1 Like

Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by redsun(m): 3:13am On Oct 15, 2012
The backwardness of nigeria is really hitting home,you know.We were spared of all these natural diasters before,but not anymore.And it is really exposing our vunerability to nature and gross irresponsility.People dont stand a chance.
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by tonyx4x44(m): 3:43am On Oct 15, 2012
redsun: The backwardness of nigeria is really hitting home,you know.We were spared of all these natural diasters before,but not anymore.And it is really exposing our vunerability to nature and gross irresponsility.People dont stand a chance.
and lack of urban planning at it's peak
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by redsun(m): 3:55am On Oct 15, 2012
tonyx4x44: and lack of urban planning at it's peak

Even uk,with all the underground and overground structure to tame water,it is still hammering,talkless a place like nigeria where most street dont have defined roads and drainages.It is a race against time.
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by nass07(m): 4:16am On Oct 15, 2012
Where are Our churches and mosques, they need to assist the govt in this.

2 Likes

Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by ilenaira: 4:56am On Oct 15, 2012
nass07: Where are Our churches and mosques, they need to assist the govt in this.
They are busy counting tithes and erecting pa systems. undecided

1 Like

Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by NosaHenry(m): 4:58am On Oct 15, 2012
Imanuelle: MY EXPERIENCE:
I WENT TO YENAGOA ON FRIDAY JUST TO GIVE AIDS TO THE IDPs (Internally Displaced persons), I AIDED THE BUILDING OF TENTS AND FORGOT THAT I HADN'T A HOTEL RESERVATION. BY THE TIME I REALIZED, T'WAS 9:30pm. I THEN HEADED BACK TO EDEPIE ROUNDABOUT HOPING TO GET A CAB TO OTUASEGA BUT THERE WAS NONE. I THOUGHT FOR A WHILE AND HEADED TO DOXA FAMILY CHURCH WHICH IS ALMOST COMPLETED BUT WITHOUT DOORS, THERE I SLEPT TILL SATURDAY MORNING. ON SATURDAY (yesterday), I JUST BRUSHED TEETH AND WASHED MY FACE (there was no place to bath) AND AGAIN HEADED TO THE CAMP WHERE I HELPED OUT AGAIN TILL 1:45pm WHEN I SET-OFF HEADING BACK TO PORT HARCOURT.
I RETURNED ON A 911 TIPPER TRUCK (and paid x3 the normal fare)TOTALLY (DRENCHED BY HEAVY RAIN) FROM YENAGOA TO ELELE-ALIMINI FROM WHERE I BOARDED A BUS TO PH..
DESPITE MY EXPERIENCE, I STILL INTEND GOING BACK WITH MORE RELIEF MATERIALS ON WEDNESDAY (17th October)
If actually you carried out the above, be assured God will bless you plenty.

3 Likes

Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by Skipfr(m): 6:34am On Oct 15, 2012
@op good 1. The Lord will bless u for this selfless service
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 15, 2012
what are all the churches in nigeria waiting for to help - or is it only private jet and jeeps they know how to use the money for.

I feel sorry for the children in these camps, this is open season for child molesters there.

1 Like

Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by brightk(m): 6:42am On Oct 15, 2012
y wont there by flood... i cant remember d last time there was maintenance on these dams of ours.... y not build more dams. even d existing ones rot like dead fishes. Government doesnt pay attention to environmental hazards... when last was river niger or any other river in Nigeria dredged. u give money to the same nigerians to clean up these rivers.. de embezzle d money and cut the grass on top of the river and they say they ve finished carrying out maintenance..

NEMEA has been on this for how long we dont know, telling the government to co-operate but they paid deaf ears.... tinking about looting more and creating unfriendly policies to the ordinary man..... i weep for my country...... i love this country.

God help us all.....Amen cry

1 Like

Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by SHABZ: 8:00am On Oct 15, 2012
nass07: Where are Our churches and mosques, they need to assist the govt in this.
My church had a special collection for d flood victims two weeks ago. I'm sure other churches have done the same
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by 3kay945(m): 8:18am On Oct 15, 2012
When we failed to plan as government and citizens, this is the results. flood everywhere, I pray earthquake or tsunami doesn't hit us.
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by ogusbaba1(m): 8:26am On Oct 15, 2012
yeye4live: Re dey fine babes in dis camps,just curious may b I cud relocate dier 2catch som fun
hmmmm
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 15, 2012
God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by alex406(m): 8:49am On Oct 15, 2012
your reward is in heaven
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by thelastPope(m): 8:50am On Oct 15, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Who do you send it to?

How do you go about it?

Stop looking for excuse for selfishness. If you dont want to give, keep yout stuff to yourself, No ones begging you. People are suffering and you are here yapping about nonsense. STOP BEING NEGATIVE FOR ONCE!!! If you contribute and somehow it gets missing, at least you have satisfied your conscience and done a good thing that God will reqard you for. You guys are just pathetic most times. duh!!!
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by thelastPope(m): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2012
3kay945: When we failed to plan as government and citizens, this is the results. flood everywhere, I pray earthquake or tsunami doesn't hit us.

Stop yapping nonsense and get your butt outta there and go help someone!!! Selfish twats! How do you plan against flood? Havent you seen flood pictures in Europe and the US? block head!
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by thelastPope(m): 8:53am On Oct 15, 2012
cotton101: what are all the churches in nigeria waiting for to help - or is it only private jet and jeeps they know how to use the money for.

I feel sorry for the children in these camps, this is open season for child molesters there.

Stop complaining and do something for once in your freaking life!

1 Like

Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by thelastPope(m): 8:55am On Oct 15, 2012
redsun: The backwardness of nigeria is really hitting home,you know.We were spared of all these natural diasters before,but not anymore.And it is really exposing our vunerability to nature and gross irresponsility.People dont stand a chance.

And where does anyone stand a chance against nature? Did you see the pictures from Japan, Katrina and Haiti? Get outta your couch and go do something!
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 15, 2012
Nosa-Henry:

If actually you carried out the above, be assured God will bless you plenty.

Amen bro....
But then, i actually did it for humanity's sake.

U must not be an organization/NGO to visit these ppl.
If u c d widows, they're alreAdy lost in thoughts, thinking of how to start all over again!
D men seem helpless, dey can't channel d flood to another location!
Nobody should wait for the Govt. Visit them and c for yourself.
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by Amazondepth(m): 9:13am On Oct 15, 2012
Wetin concern road safety with internally displaced persons?well dis is a wake up call for us all to b our brodas keepers.a lil extension of goodwill count for much.God bless Nigeria
Re: Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) by thelastPope(m): 9:49am On Oct 15, 2012
Imanuelle:

Amen bro....
But then, i actually did it for humanity's sake.

U must not be an organization/NGO to visit these ppl.
If u c d widows, they're alreAdy lost in thoughts, thinking of how to start all over again!
D men seem helpless, dey can't channel d flood to another location!
Nobody should wait for the Govt. Visit them and c for yourself.

Thank you sooo much and God bless you! You are an inspiration!

Please let's have more pics.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Tambuwal “under Pressure” To Run For President / SSA To Justice Onnoghen Debunks Rumoured EFCC Raid On Cjn's Residence / INEC Releases More Information About The BVAS Device For Voters’ Accreditation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.