Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Wake Up! We Need To Talk - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wake Up! We Need To Talk (9303 Views)

What Can I Do To Let My Wife Wake Up Early? / I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw / Pictures From The Wake-Keeping Of Victims Of The NYC Car Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Caracta(f): 1:00pm On Oct 15, 2012
For those of you staying with your parents, how do you feel when they wake you up at midnight to advise you or talk to you, especially the Moms?

For the married ones cheesy, how do you feel when your spouse wakes you up to discuss with you at midnight?

How often do you experience this?

Is it fair?
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 15, 2012
The last time I experienced this was on tv. {nollywood to be precise}
smiley smiley
I hope you won't wake me up at midnight to discuss with me when... ?? grin grin
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by ITbomb(m): 3:31am On Oct 21, 2012
I wouldn't mind waking up for u if only I had come back from work early n slept early apart from that I wouldn't like any talk to affect my morning call even if it might end with a hot sexx

1 Like

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Nobody: 4:43am On Oct 21, 2012
I would firmly explain to them that, at this time of the day, I am more likely to be unreasonable and down-right insensitive due to current crankiness and thus it would be in their best interest to discuss whatever it is at a later time. If they persist, ensure they understand that they have only themselves to blame if you respond unreasonably to the matter or with spite.

4 Likes

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by agohavivi(f): 4:57am On Oct 21, 2012
Caracta: For those of you staying with your parents, how do you feel when they wake you up at midnight to advise you or talk to you, especially the Moms?

For the married ones cheesy, how do you feel when your spouse wakes you up to discuss with you at midnight?

Is it fair?
My parents where fond of it especially my mum. Now I'm married my hussy has taken over and is even worse. Most times when something bothers him, he would act perfectly normal only to wake me late at night. There was a night he woke me up to ask why I didn't put enough tomatoes in the rice I prepared the night before. I so wished he were a child that day because I for flog am. I had to leave him to sleep in the guest room that night.

18 Likes

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Nobody: 5:02am On Oct 21, 2012
agoha_vivi: My parents where fond of it especially my mum. Now I'm married my hussy has taken over and is even worse. Most times when something bothers him, he would act perfectly normal only to wake me late at night. There was a night he woke me up to ask why I didn't put enough tomatoes in the rice I prepared the night before. I so wished he were a child that day because I for flog am. I had to leave him to sleep in the guest room that night.

What?!!! LOL
I hope you too wake him up on another night and ask him a question like "Why did you choose to wear your blue socks last time you went to work?" grin grin grin angry

12 Likes

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by agohavivi(f): 5:21am On Oct 21, 2012
2buff:

What?!!! LOL
I hope you too wake him up on another night and ask him a question like "Why did you choose to wear your blue socks last time you went to work?" grin grin grin angry
Abi! Maybe I'll do that.

2 Likes

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 21, 2012
Not in my household, it just doesn't and cannot happen. We're verrryyyy deeeeeep sleepers...like no one will be willing to wake up to advise someone or receive advice...it's just a darn waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 21, 2012
I really dunno if it has ever happened to me cos I'm sure if anybody tried it wiv me, I'ld be on auto-reply the whole time and by the time I woke up in the morning, trust me, I wouldn't av any recollection of it.

2 Likes

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by maclatunji: 6:35am On Oct 21, 2012
Never happened to me. However, I recommend it to married couples who are having troubles they can easily resolve by communicating rather than building fences. There's something about 2 people talking in the dead of the night that is unique/special. Maybe it's the quietness.

2 Likes

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by candieangel12(f): 6:36am On Oct 21, 2012
I live alone. But when I visit my parents place, no1 wakes up to talk. And then again, I dont sleep at night.

1 Like

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Twhizzy1993(m): 6:37am On Oct 21, 2012
dat madness
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by CrazyMan(m): 6:40am On Oct 21, 2012
Caracta: For those of you staying with your parents, how do you feel when they wake you up at midnight to advise you or talk to you, especially the Moms?

Is it fair?
Well...it depends on the importance of the matter you're about to discuss.

If its something of great importance, then I believe its fair; but if its just another endless episode discussion, then it would be rude for your spouse to interrupt your sleep.
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 21, 2012
my mum always wake me up then,when the issue to be discussed is very important.

and i always try to adhere to the advice given.

when i got admitted to Lasu,my mum woke me in the nite,that i should promise her,that i wont be a cultist,which i did.
it was that,that kept me from joining it,despite some my roommate belong to one cultism or the other.

it ia a good time to have down to heart discussion,because the mind and brain would be opened,and less distraction.

1 Like

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12: I live alone. But when I visit my parents place, no1 wakes up to talk. And then again, I dont sleep at night.
you dont sleep at nite?then what do you do at nite

1 Like

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by LesbianBoy(m): 6:45am On Oct 21, 2012
God helps the person that try's to wake me up when am about to sign a Multi-billion Naira contract angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by 234GT(m): 6:48am On Oct 21, 2012
I dont like it.
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by kinematic(m): 6:51am On Oct 21, 2012
Only if the house is on fire should anyone be woken from their deep sleep, because i find it almost impossible to go back to sleep afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by candieangel12(f): 6:52am On Oct 21, 2012
Yomieluv: you dont sleep at nite?then what do you do at nite

Uhm at night, im usually just talkin on the phone, watchin tv/movie, internet, just plain chillin. I usually fall asleep around 9am n wake up at 1pm.
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 21, 2012
I have heard 'we need to talk' many times, but definitely not at midnight, cos I cant remember the last time I slept before midnight.
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by CrazyMan(m): 6:54am On Oct 21, 2012
LesbianBoy: God helps the person that try's to wake me up when am about to sign a Multi-billion Naira contract angry angry angry angry
People like you dream about success.

People like me stay awake to achieve it. cheesy
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

Uhm at night, im usually just talkin on the phone, watchin tv/movie, internet, just plain chillin. I usually fall asleep around 9am n wake up at 1pm.
are you a fulltime house wife,or what?
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by candieangel12(f): 7:00am On Oct 21, 2012
Yomieluv: are you a fulltime house wife,or what?

Housewife ke? I reject am! I am a dental student.
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by UsamabinYamiri: 7:00am On Oct 21, 2012
If your spouse wakes you up in the middle of the night to have a discussion.
This is my recommendation:
Re-assure her that you love her, and tell her that you'd not be going to work the next morning,
and will have all the time to address her concerns.

Early the next morning, get on the phone and call your lawyer first, and your accountant next.
After you've handled your business, then you can grab a cup of coffee and hear what she has to say!

Oh, and if you cant afford to have an account in Luxembourg, Or Switzerland, then maybe you should look into the Caymans or Montenegro

1 Like

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Timbi: 7:03am On Oct 21, 2012
I've been having insomnia for some time now.But if my woman tries waking me up at nite,i wil just take advantage and discharge my matrimonial duties.that is just the concept.
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by venorite(m): 7:05am On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12: I live alone. But when I visit my parents place, no1 wakes up to talk. And then again, I dont sleep at night.
have been reading your post on so many threads and believe me,you are so wierrrrdddd....you dont sleep @ night?...na wa ooo,witchcraft in action

1 Like

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by dammytosh: 7:07am On Oct 21, 2012
agoha_vivi: My parents where fond of it especially my mum. Now I'm married my hussy has taken over and is even worse. Most times when something bothers him, he would act perfectly normal only to wake me late at night. There was a night he woke me up to ask why I didn't put enough tomatoes in the rice I prepared the night before. I so wished he were a child that day because I for flog am. I had to leave him to sleep in the guest room that night.

Very funny but on a serious note, You are a wonderful woman i guess. For him to be bothered about such trivial thing in the midnight. Please keep it up !!!
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by candieangel12(f): 7:10am On Oct 21, 2012
venorite:
have been reading your post on so many threads and believe me,you are so wierrrrdddd....you dont sleep @ night?...na wa ooo,witchcraft in action

Maybe you think I am wierd, that's fine, everyone is wierd in a sense BUT i am not a witch or whatever. I just have a hard time falling asleep at night. My sleep schedule is fukced up, I agree but that's because I drink alot of energy drinks so as to stay ontop of my studies in dental school.
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

Housewife ke? I reject am! I am a dental student.
fear for catch me,i first think say you be witch sef.
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:
Maybe you think I am wierd, that's fine, everyone is wierd in a sense BUT i am not a witch or whatever. I just have a hard time falling asleep at night. My sleep schedule is fukced up, I agree but that's because I drink alot of energy drinks so as to stay ontop of my studies in dental school.
Dentistry, pretty cool. Dont worry about sleep. We will get a lot of that when we die. LOL

3 Likes

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by stpat1(m): 7:14am On Oct 21, 2012
Chai, you remind me. It was my mum that did it and that was the only time. She woke me up quietly in the middle of the night to discuss my school issues with me. Well I must say it had a positive effect cos after that discussion I did all I could to get back to school cos I really felt how it bothered her so much. Now I'm happy that she did that. Sweet sensitive and understanding mum.
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by dammytosh: 7:14am On Oct 21, 2012
I am sure nobody will try that with me.

It is not pride, it is because i have track and proven record of cursing people who call me while asleep to wake up in the morning and never remember talking to the person at all until i see the received call log.

The curse ranges from telling the person a movie, explaining technical jargons etc

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If A Strange Woman And A Child Appears In Your Matrimonial Home / How Do I Tell My Wife I Infected Her With Chronic Syphilis / Dedicate A Song To Your Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.