Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Why Do You Hate The Igbos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do You Hate The Igbos? (9520 Views)

Why hate the word "No Man's Land", But refer To Niger Delta Oil As Nigerian Oil? / Believe Me, Seeing These (pictures) Will Make You Hate AGBAJE And AMBODE. / Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 15, 2012
I have been on NL for sometime now and am astonished with the level of Hatred we Igbos receive from Nigerians especially the Yoruobas and I want to ask a simple question can someone give me a good reason why you hate igbos.

When North talks about breaking away everyone will support them but when igbos talk of breaking away, every Nigerian especially yoruobas will start shaking.

My fellow igbos don't you think we are been jealoused by other peeps expecially the yoruobas cause everything igbo makes them go mad

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by cjrane: 6:55pm On Oct 15, 2012
gboss4sure: I have been on NL for sometime now and am astonished with the level of Hatred we Igbos receive from Nigerians especially the Yoruobas and I want to ask a simple question can someone give me a good reason why you hate igbos.

When North talks about breaking away everyone will support them but when igbos talk of breaking away, every Nigerian especially yoruobas will start shaking.

My fellow igbos don't you think we are been jealoused by other peeps expecially the yoruobas cause everything igbo makes them go mad

Yoruba people have an unfounded pathological fear for Igbos. Even the unborn yoruba pikin! grin grin grin
The truth is that Igbos are the only group in Nigeria that will not fall for their pranks and lies.

12 Likes

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
Secession is the golden road that leads to great success.

Many people are PAINED by the sight of Igbo success even in harsh times. They cannot bear the thought of a seceded Igbo nation advancing way beyond all African nations.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by ba7man(m): 7:10pm On Oct 15, 2012
Don't belive the hype. I'm yoruba but when i first discovered Nairaland i thot Igbos hated Yorubas with a passion.....but i later realized that it was just a bunch of hate filled minority that tried to create that impression. If that really was the case, agberos wuld always look for opportunities to kill Igbo traders but u can see the number of Igbos co-existing peacefully with other tribes around you. The real Igbos are busy doin bizness with other tribes right now and vice-versa. If you look for hate, you will find it and it will end up killing you.

12 Likes

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 15, 2012
ba7man: Don't belive the hype. I'm yoruba but when i first discovered Nairaland i thot Igbos hated Yorubas with a passion.....but i later realized that it was just a bunch of hate filled minority that tried to create that impression. If that really was the case, agberos wuld always look for opportunities to kill Igbo traders but u can see the number of Igbos co-existing peacefully with other tribes around you. The real Igbos are busy doin bizness with other tribes right now and vice-versa. If you look for hate, you will find it and it will end up killing you.

Are you trying to tell me that yourobas doesn't hate igbos
Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 15, 2012
quid: Secession is the golden road that leads to great success.

Many people are PAINED by the sight of Igbo success even in harsh times. They cannot bear the thought of a seceded Igbo nation advancing way beyond all African nations.

Yes bro u gat it right, just like in real life for you to be successful there are people around you that you need to seperate yourself from same applies to some countries especially Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 15, 2012
ba7man: Don't belive the hype. I'm yoruba but when i first discovered Nairaland i thot Igbos hated Yorubas with a passion.....but i later realized that it was just a bunch of hate filled minority that tried to create that impression. If that really was the case, agberos wuld always look for opportunities to kill Igbo traders but u can see the number of Igbos co-existing peacefully with other tribes around you. The real Igbos are busy doin bizness with other tribes right now and vice-versa. If you look for hate, you will find it and it will end up killing you.

Seriously, I just had a wonderful time with my babe. And she's ibo. Umm Amambra inshort. Her people think I rock, and so far, I've been the best thing in her life. And yes, I love her. And I'm sooooooo Oyo! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by PointB: 7:48pm On Oct 15, 2012
Igbos are enigmatic. People hate what they don't understand. But fortunately such hatred will not stop us from thriving, even on their lands!

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by jidestar: 8:01pm On Oct 15, 2012
Always other people hate igbos, not igbos hating other. liars

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by omayyi: 8:19pm On Oct 15, 2012
Yes! And Saint Ibos love Yorubas, Hausas, MB and SS. Saint ibos love everybody.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 15, 2012
Is clear that the hatred for igbos is born out of pure jealousness cause no one here has given a pure reason why they hate igbos rather they are trying ti divert the topic.

Keep on been jealous tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by truth4meal(m): 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2012
gboss4sure:

Yes bro u gat it right, just like in real life for you to be successful there are people around you that you need to seperate yourself from same applies to some countries especially Nigeria
you want to seperate from Nigeria and ur lifetime dream is to own a shop and house in Lagos - re u confused or is Lagos a biafran dream?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 15, 2012
Why won't they hate us? They turn on their TV and there is Nollywood which is Igbo made. They switch on their radio and there's Bracket, flavour and P-Square. They switch to super sports to watch English league they see anichebe,mikel,nedum onuoha etc they went to market to buy things Igbos sell to them, they check Lagos IGR igbos constitute the highest tax payers.they buy walk about slippers they see MADE IN ABA. They enter INNOSON MOTORS. We dominate on every thing. They watch falcons its 95% Igbo. They hv sold all there fathers properties to Igbos.best student in all SW universities are Igbos while they can't even pass aptitude test in Eastern Unis.Jamb statistic we dominate. Igbos own d most beautiful houses in Lagos. MBGN Igbos even represent Oyo n some SW states.
It's like everywhere they turn, we dominate. Such a thing can induce real jealousy and animosity among people. So am not suprise.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by ba7man(m): 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2012
gboss4sure:

Are you trying to tell me that yourobas doesn't hate igbos
Trust me, if u guys were hated, the western part of Nigeria wouldn't be as populated with Igbo indigenes as it is. Got loads of Igbo friends and ur gurls are cute too. What's to hate?? Don't let some people infect you with their paranoia.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by omayyi: 10:08pm On Oct 15, 2012
kcswat: Why won't they hate us? They turn on their TV and there is Nollywood which is Igbo made. They switch on their radio and there's Bracket, flavour and P-Square. They switch to super sports to watch English league they see anichebe,mikel,nedum onuoha etc they went to market to buy things Igbos sell to them, they check Lagos IGR igbos constitute the highest tax payers.they buy walk about slippers they see MADE IN ABA. They enter INNOSON MOTORS. We dominate on every thing. They watch falcons its 95% Igbo. They hv sold all there fathers properties to Igbos.best student in all SW universities are Igbos while they can't even pass aptitude test in Eastern Unis.Jamb statistic we dominate. Igbos own d most beautiful houses in Lagos. MBGN Igbos even represent Oyo n some SW states.
It's like everywhere they turn, we dominate. Such a thing can induce real jealousy and animosity among people. So am not suprise.
I'd take 2 face, d banj, asha, ice prince, MI etc over all the ibo artists you mentioned. All the best student in SW are ibos, fcking liar. Bring out a list to prove that. Also why will it be difficult to pass an aptitude test in a SE university when they are not even among the best in the country and are all haven of cultists and lovepeddlers. Who in his/her right mind would wanna attend such schools. Nollywood is boring now since the day y'all made it an ibo affair. Only ibos watch it. Yorubas got their yoruba movies. Hausas for sure don't watch that sh1t. Hausa/fulani girls trump ibo girls in beauty a million times so that charade of MBGN is not to be taken seriously. Heck all your points are invalids/lies/cookup stuffs.
You are deliberately ignoring the main reason why everyone seem to dislike u. U don't know how to live with others. U seem to be cursed in that. For all ur supposed gifts, u lack diplomacy and courtesy. Too bad for u.

16 Likes

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by aishatua1: 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2012
omayyi :
I'd take 2 face, d banj, asha, ice prince, MI etc over all the ibo artists you mentioned. All the best student in SW are ibos, fcking liar. Bring out a list to prove that. Also why will it be difficult to pass an aptitude test in a SE university when they are not even among the best in the country and are all haven of cultists and lovepeddlers. Who in his/her right mind would wanna attend such schools. Nollywood is boring now since the day y'all made it an ibo affair. Only ibos watch it. Yorubas got their yoruba movies. Hausas for sure don't watch that sh1t. Hausa/fulani girls trump ibo girls in beauty a million times so that charade of MBGN is not to be taken seriously.
You are deliberating ignoring the main reason why everyone seem to dislike u. U don't know how to live with others. U seem to be cursed in that. For all ur supposed gifts, u lack diplomacy and courtesy. Too bad for u.

on point! cool
Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by agent22: 10:31pm On Oct 15, 2012
IGBO KWENU. UNA TOO MUCH

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by ba7man(m): 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2012
kcswat: Why won't they hate us? They turn on their TV and there is Nollywood which is Igbo made. They switch on their radio and there's Bracket, flavour and P-Square. They switch to super sports to watch English league they see anichebe,mikel,nedum onuoha etc they went to market to buy things Igbos sell to them, they check Lagos IGR igbos constitute the highest tax payers.they buy walk about slippers they see MADE IN ABA. They enter INNOSON MOTORS. We dominate on every thing. They watch falcons its 95% Igbo. They hv sold all there fathers properties to Igbos.best student in all SW universities are Igbos while they can't even pass aptitude test in Eastern Unis.Jamb statistic we dominate. Igbos own d most beautiful houses in Lagos. MBGN Igbos even represent Oyo n some SW states.
I'm yoruba and I "like" P-square nd Flavour (Igbo products). If there were hated in the west radio stations won't play their music. I'm frankly not crazy bout the footballers u mentioned but i know a lot of Yoruba guys that "Like" Mikel. Apart from used spare-parts, I'm still thinking of what else I buy from Igbo traders. After watching Hollywood films, Nollywood seems like trash, my slippers is Timberland. And true, I belive the gurl that represented Ms Ogun in a recent MBGN is an Igbo girl and is a friend of mine. The rest of what you've written occurs only in your head. With statements like this Ppl can still like Igbo peeps but dislike you in particular.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by dayokanu(m): 10:51pm On Oct 15, 2012

Why wont they hate Igbos.

They see Drug baron in Asia na Igbo full, They see armed robbers in the country na Igbos full, They checked those who killed Cynthia Osukogu, Na Igbo people, They checked the ABSU 5 who r@p3d na Igbos full,

They checked the worst 419 in Nigerian history na Anajemba, Nwude names dey,
They check for the most notorious armed robber in Nigerian history na Derico dem see,
They check for the worst kidnappers in Nigerian history, Na Osisikankwu name show face,
they check the name of the worst ritualist in Nigerian history na Chief Vincent Duru aka Otokoto name dey there
They check the name of the worst ritual site all they see is Okija shrine.
They check for the worst cannibal in Nigeria history na Clifford orji name dey.
They check the US list of most wanted frandster they see Tobechukwu Onwuhara

12 Likes

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by ba7man(m): 11:00pm On Oct 15, 2012
gboss4sure: Is clear that the hatred for igbos is born out of pure jealousness cause no one here has given a pure reason why they hate igbos rather they are trying ti divert the topic.

Keep on been jealous tongue
You see, nobody hates you guys but you keep giving reasons why they should. Its as if you want to be hated. Yes, I dislike people that walk around with an illusion of importance when they still have a lot of shortcommings. Pride.....over trivial things, it blinds you to you faults and fills your head with a false sense of superiority.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by omayyi: 11:04pm On Oct 15, 2012
ba7man: I'm yoruba and I "like" P-square nd Flavour (Igbo products). If there were hated in the west radio stations won't play their music. I'm frankly not crazy bout the footballers u mentioned but i know a lot of Yoruba guys that "Like" Mikel. Apart from used spare-parts, I'm still thinking of what else I buy from Igbo traders. After watching Hollywood films, Nollywood seems like trash, my slippers is Timberland. And true, I belive the gurl that represented Ms Ogun in a recent MBGN is an Igbo girl and is a friend of mine. The rest of what you've written occurs only in your head. With statements like this Ppl can still like Igbo peeps but dislike you in particular.
lol "The rest of what you've written occurs only in your head" lol I thought I was the only one who noticed that.
Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by ba7man(m): 11:12pm On Oct 15, 2012
omayyi :
lol "The rest of what you've written occurs only in your head" lol I thought I was the only one who noticed that.
Its true bro, I know a lot of humble Igbo guys and ladies that couldn't care less what you thot about them but there's this set of few that can be so proud and love boasting so much.....nd they end up being the ones that haven't acheived much.
Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by ba7man(m): 11:19pm On Oct 15, 2012
I don't think an Igbo person that is highly sucessful and made his money in the west would come out and say he's hated. Its probably the boy in his shop in computer village, Ladipo or Alaba that would utter that kind of statement. If yorubas hated u so much why would they patronize your biznesses? Wouldn't it be easier to attack you all and take over your biz. I don't know highly sucessful people that made it doin biz with only their tribe, Y'all better get over that "They hate us" frame of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by docokwy(m): 11:24pm On Oct 15, 2012
https://www./igboville/permalink/404800009574842/

Elombah Perspective 6:58pm Oct 5

This is what Yoruba guy, Tola Charles said online today:

"To me, the Igbos may have embarked on their own silent revenge war on the rest of us, except that only the Hausa-Fulani have been checkmating them consistently by creating unrests in the North by which a cycle of 'start and settle' is ever revolving to ensure that they do not have that strong foothold. But here in the Southwest, the Igbos have dominated nearly all aspect of our lives.... in my brother Adejuwon's Ijebuland, they are buying landed /land properties and have become lanlords, same in Lagos, in Ibadan, even my own Oyo town the cradle of Yoruba, they are dominating everything. Festac town now 75% owned by Igbos. A travel from Mile 2 to Agbara Industrial estate along Badagry road will keep you thinking whether you are in Onitsha or what. And they are breeding like rats. I think we may have unknowingly been under the siege of the Igbos in Yorubaland."

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by ba7man(m): 11:41pm On Oct 15, 2012
docokwy: https://www./igboville/permalink/404800009574842/

Elombah Perspective 6:58pm Oct 5

This is what Yoruba guy, Tola Charles said online today:

"To me, the Igbos may have embarked on their own silent revenge war on the rest of us, except that only the Hausa-Fulani have been checkmating them consistently by creating unrests in the North by which a cycle of 'start and settle' is ever revolving to ensure that they do not have that strong foothold. But here in the Southwest, the Igbos have dominated nearly all aspect of our lives.... in my brother Adejuwon's Ijebuland, they are buying landed /land properties and have become lanlords, same in Lagos, in Ibadan, even my own Oyo town the cradle of Yoruba, they are dominating everything. Festac town now 75% owned by Igbos. A travel from Mile 2 to Agbara Industrial estate along Badagry road will keep you thinking whether you are in Onitsha or what. And they are breeding like rats. I think we may have unknowingly been under the siege of the Igbos in Yorubaland."
Simply one man's opinion. You choose to accept it because it agrees with your perception. I differ though.
Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by docokwy(m): 11:48pm On Oct 15, 2012
ba7man: Simply one man's opinion. You choose to accept it because it agrees with your perception. I differ though.

Your disagreement is also a one man (your) opinion, no?

That fellow confesses what he has seen which most of us also know to be true
Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by ba7man(m): 11:48pm On Oct 15, 2012
Igbos haven't dominated my life like they seem to have dominated that dude's life. I'm looking out for honest, God-fearing, positive minded people to dominate my own life....I belive the ease at which Igbos settle in the West proves that the yorubas don't hate them. Simple logic.
Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by docokwy(m): 12:01am On Oct 16, 2012
ba7man: Igbos haven't dominated my life like they seem to have dominated that dude's life. I'm looking out for honest, God-fearing, positive minded people to dominate my own life....I belive the ease at which Igbos settle in the West proves that the yorubas don't hate them. Simple logic.

I also believe that not every single Yoruba hates Igbo and vice versa. But there are elements amongst the Yoruba that resent Igbo. Mind you there are Yorubas in large numbers in the East too. There is no single day you have heard them in problem with Igbos, unlike in Lagos where area boys and OPC specifically target Igbos.
Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by Caseless: 5:16am On Oct 16, 2012
Gboss4sure, u and other few individuals from ibo land to nairaland are the reason why igbo recieve so much 'hate' on nairaland. Gboss4sure, the way and manner YOU, one-naira speak ill of nigeria, makes people to hate igbo outrightly cos they've discovered that u hate nigeria, their only country unlike u igbo that have an imaginary biafra alongside nigeria..other nigerians have just one country so hating nigeria amounts to direct hatred towards such believing nigerians . I'm a nigerian, i dont hate igbo...even as i dont like the fact that igbo single-handedly initiated d belief that 'hope lies in disintegration' and also taught nigerians how to hate each other along regional lines with their ballyhoo biafranic agitations. one thing is common among igbo; if you give them ALLOW , they will ask for ALLOWANCE.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 16, 2012
truth4meal: you want to seperate from Nigeria and ur lifetime dream is to own a shop and house in Lagos - re u confused or is Lagos a biafran dream?

See the level of your thinking, own a shop in Lagos for what. All my investments are down east here God knows how much I hate Lagos
Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 16, 2012
ba7man: Trust me, if u guys were hated, the western part of Nigeria wouldn't be as populated with Igbo indigenes as it is. Got loads of Igbo friends and ur gurls are cute too. What's to hate?? Don't let some people infect you with their paranoia.

So you telling me that the yoruoba on NL are different from the ones in real life bro?
Re: Why Do You Hate The Igbos? by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 16, 2012
omayyi :
I'd take 2 face, d banj, asha, ice prince, MI etc over all the ibo artists you mentioned. All the best student in SW are ibos, fcking liar. Bring out a list to prove that. Also why will it be difficult to pass an aptitude test in a SE university when they are not even among the best in the country and are all haven of cultists and lovepeddlers. Who in his/her right mind would wanna attend such schools. Nollywood is boring now since the day y'all made it an ibo affair. Only ibos watch it. Yorubas got their yoruba movies. Hausas for sure don't watch that sh1t. Hausa/fulani girls trump ibo girls in beauty a million times so that charade of MBGN is not to be taken seriously. Heck all your points are invalids/lies/cookup stuffs.
You are deliberately ignoring the main reason why everyone seem to dislike u. U don't know how to live with others. U seem to be cursed in that. For all ur supposed gifts, u lack diplomacy and courtesy. Too bad for u.

See delusion, your writeups represents pure jealousy. Can you prove to me that igbos don't know how to live with others? Give me an example on why you made that statment

2 Likes

(1) (2)

Two Lesbians Caught And Beaten At Lagos: Photo+ / Photo Of Akpabio , Amaechi & Ekere Watching UEFA Final Together / Epileptic Power Supply As Warri Residents Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.