Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 (12308 Views)

Ice-Prince Wins "Best African Act" At BET Awards 2013 / Dbanj Wins ‘Best African Act’ At 2012 MOBO Awards / MTV Europe Awards 2005: 2Face Idibia Is 'Best African Act'! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by ijebabe: 7:46pm On Oct 15, 2012
MTV has announced Nigerian superstar D’banj as the Best African Act of the 2012 MTV Europe Music Awards, having received the most votes from fans across sub-Saharan Africa.

Hosted by supermodel, TV host and entrepreneur Heidi Klum, the 19th annual awards show was broadcast live from Frankfurt on Sunday 11 November.

D’banj has previously won Best African Act at the 2007 MTV Europe Music Awards, Artist of the Year at both the 2008 and 2009 MTV Africa Music Awards, and Best International Act: Africa at the 2011 BET Awards.

The Nigerian artist will now vie against India’s Alobo Naga & the Band and Ahmed Soultan from the Middle East for the chance to represent the region in the Worldwide Act category, which celebrates all the music that MTV has to offer by showcasing artists from all parts of the world. From now until 30 October, fans will be able to vote for their favorite regional act on www.mtvema.com.

The representative for the Africa/India/Middle East region will be announced on Tuesday 30 October, along with the other regional winners from Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia Pacific. These five regional nominees will then battle for votes for the “Worldwide Act” distinction, and the winner will be named at the show in Frankfurt.

Fans can vote for Europe Music Awards categories, including Best New, Best Live and more by visiting www.mtvbase.com. Voting for EMA categories is open until Friday 9 November 2012.

*From TimesLIVE

2 Likes

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 15, 2012
na oyato hin use win am? grin
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Mynd44: 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2012
Good for him
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by alaoeri: 9:32pm On Oct 15, 2012
joeydozzy: na oyato hin use win am? grin
No tongolo cheesy anyway congrat oskibanj like my jamaican friend call me. cool
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Osiris211: 7:46am On Oct 16, 2012
Eja nla. OoooSsssHhhhEeeee!

4 Likes

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Mynd44: 8:23am On Oct 16, 2012
Next winner is Vector the Viper
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 8:47am On Oct 16, 2012
Mynd_44: Next winner is Vector the Viper
Vector the serpent nko? After vector, Lord of Ajasa will collect it...

2 Likes

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by MadCow1: 8:47am On Oct 16, 2012
CONGRATULATIONS TO DON JAZZY!!!

Without you, There would have been no D'banj.
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 16, 2012
Ah, he has a chance of winning the Indian Dude and the other fellow from the Middle East.

Congrats to him all the same.
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by dammytosh: 8:52am On Oct 16, 2012
Mad Cow: CONGRATULATIONS TO DON JAZZY!!!

Your name suggests your state of mind.

Why do you guys like deceiving your selves with such an unnecessary phrase. The guys partnered and the partnership worked. Dbanj made Don Jazzy popular. He is the first singer that brought the producer into lime light with is "Don Don Don Jazzy" signature.

"Dbanj helped all of us" .... Wande Coal (in the leaked version of their secret conversation)

Dbanj has left for good and instead of looking for his down fall like Dr Sid. Be as matured as Don Jazzy and move on.......

Cracked voice, useless singer, no talent, no money bla bla bla.....

The guy keeps rising and rising and rising without distributing Recharge card on twitter.

Who GOD HAS BLESSED , NO MAN CAN Curse. I see why Iyanya featured him in the remix, It was divinely inspired.....

30 Likes

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Chanchit: 8:53am On Oct 16, 2012
#D'banj oyato, oyato, oto laye e, oto laye won o, mo rie oyato# I know Oliver twist won the award for him, buh that hin devil oga(kanye) will leave no stone unturned, incase Oliver twist wan phuck up.

But I'm really happy for him, cos had it been that he failed to win the award, enemies go jubilate taya, and it would have been a bad omen for his career.
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Guapo(m): 8:57am On Oct 16, 2012
dammytosh:

Your name suggests your state of mind. embarassed

Why do you guys like deceiving your selves with such an unnecessary phrase. The guys partnered and the partnership worked. Dbanj made Don Jazzy popular. He is the first singer that brought the producer into lime light with is "Don Don Don Jazzy" signature. smiley

"Dbanj helped all of us" .... Wande Coal (in the leaked version of their secret conversation)

Dbanj has left for good and instead of looking for his down fall like Dr Sid. Be as matured as Don Jazzy and move on.......

shocked grin

The guy keeps rising and rising and rising without distributing Recharge card on twitter. lipsrsealed

Who GOD HAS BLESSED , NO MAN CAN Curse. I see why Iyanya featured him in the remix, It was divinely inspired..... undecided

6 Likes

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by MadCow1: 8:58am On Oct 16, 2012
dammytosh:

Your name suggests your state of mind.

Why do you guys like deceiving your selves with such an unnecessary phrase. The guys partnered and the partnership worked. Dbanj made Don Jazzy. He is the first singer that brought the producer into lime light with is "Don Don Don Jazzy" signature.

The guy keeps rising and rising and rising without distributing Recharge card on twitter.

Who GOD HAS BLESSED , NO MAN CAN Curse. I see why Iyanya featured him in the remix, It was divinely inspired.....

Don Jazzy made D'banj... SHIKINA..

Nobody is praying for his downfall, just stating the obvious.. the tracks and album that got him all these awards were don by Don Jazzy, not Khanye or D'banj!

1 Like

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Mynd44: 8:58am On Oct 16, 2012
afam4eva:
Vector the serpent nko? After vector, Lord of Ajasa will collect it...
sarcasm dude
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by seir405: 9:00am On Oct 16, 2012

5 Likes

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by ilee1206: 9:04am On Oct 16, 2012
And it's so quiet in the world tonight [img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/pc.gif[/img]
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by xcubed(m): 9:08am On Oct 16, 2012

Don't talk like you are stupi.d is that his only song?
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 16, 2012
Mad Cow:

Nobody is praying for his downfall, just stating the obvious.. the tracks and album that got him all these awards were don by Don Jazzy, not Khanye or D'banj!

No be the same Don Jazzy do tracks for the likes of Dr Sid and D'Prince? How many awards have they won. Abeg leave story, D'banj has an amazing stage presence and charisma and that's what seals the deal. Plenty artists with good producer but at the end of the day it boils down to the artist. Well done jare D'banj

24 Likes

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 16, 2012
xcubed:

Don't talk like you are stupi.d is that his only song?

mehn, do people really know the difference between joke and statements or they have problem with correlationundecided
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 16, 2012
Let me comment my reserve before God strikes somone down *clears throat*
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by dammytosh: 9:18am On Oct 16, 2012
tatiana009:

No be the same Don Jazzy do tracks for the likes of Dr Sid and D'Prince? How many awards have they won. Abeg leave story, D'banj has an amazing stage presence and charisma and that's what seals the deal. Plenty artists with good producer but at the end of the day it boils down to the artist. Well done jare D'banj

I wonder oooooo. How many Dbanjs Don Jazzy don make. If not because sentiments becloud our thinking.

2 Likes

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by xcubed(m): 9:19am On Oct 16, 2012
Mad Cow:

Wow! You must have the brain of a chicken!! Gadeemit! Who is arguing the obvious! Plus why do you keep saying donjazzy made him?! If dbanj wasn't saying It's Don jazzy again in all his tracks would you have known him?!Dbanj is older than Donjazzy and yet still respects him like mad, and yet you all of all people are sayin trash, even after donjazzy tweeted a kudos acknowledging Dbanj's impact in his life. Do you know how many producers are out there better than Donjazzy and they don't even get reckoned as much as he is? Eg Kidkonnect so who made who? You people will just come and talk anyhow like you aint got no sense in your head. Conclusion inevitable, you are a mediocre! And I expect you to reply this with more stupid.ness to prove you are.

5 Likes

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by dammytosh: 9:30am On Oct 16, 2012
xcubed:

Wow! You must have the brain of a chicken!! Gadeemit! Who is arguing the obvious! Plus why do you keep saying donjazzy made him?! If dbanj wasn't saying It's Don jazzy again in all his tracks would you have known him?!Dbanj is older than Donjazzy and yet still respects him like mad, and yet you all of all people are sayin trash, even after donjazzy tweeted a kudos acknowledging Dbanj's impact in his life. Do you know how many producers are out there better than Donjazzy and they don't even get reckoned as much as he is? Eg Kidkonnect so who made who? You people will just come and talk anyhow like you aint got no sense in your head. Conclusion inevitable, you are a mediocre! And I expect you to reply this with more stupid.ness to prove you are.

Xcube, Well said

Do you know I feel for Dbanj at times when people talk thrash ?

He is the financier of Mo-Hits , he brings in all the deals and yet portrays Don Jazzy like a god.

Back then before the separation i blivd Don Jazzy was the Baba Olowo (Abrahamovic) of Mohits not knowing all the bentleys were bought by Dbanj (At least Dbanj said this and up till now nobody denied it)

So since the dude decided to move on based on irreconcilable differences, I think we should move on and stop the thrash of "X" MADE "Y"

Who is Tuface's producer. We dont know because Tuface hardly mention him. So it is possible we don't know Don Jazzy if D'banj hardly mention him.

8 Likes

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by olawaletaiwo(m): 9:33am On Oct 16, 2012
one with God is like majority.. congratulation D Banj
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by purplekayc(m): 9:49am On Oct 16, 2012

And without d banj there would be no don lazzy

4 Likes

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Kemy11(m): 9:55am On Oct 16, 2012
This dude didnt shave his pubic hairs in d armpit. Omo yoruba always d same. Dont take it personal just saying. grin
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by babatulla: 10:01am On Oct 16, 2012
Congratulations D'banj. Please let us all vote for him to win Worldwide Act. Here is the link http://m.mtvema.com/vote/category.rbml?lang=EN&region=AFRICA&id=ema12_mob_wwact_cluster2
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by RickyRoss1(m): 10:08am On Oct 16, 2012

Seconded... Don Jazzy produced Oliver twist. These guys are better off working together bc they compliment each other.
Since they separated they cannot produce any hit song.

1 Like

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Rooneyboy(m): 10:10am On Oct 16, 2012

Abeg help me ask them o.
How much he use bribe them ?
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by RickyRoss1(m): 10:12am On Oct 16, 2012
dammytosh:

Xcube, Well said

Do you know I feel for Dbanj at times when people talk thrash ?

He is the financier of Mo-Hits , he brings in all the deals and yet portrays Don Jazzy like a god.

Back then before the separation i blivd Don Jazzy was the Baba Olowo (Abrahamovic) of Mohits not knowing all the bentleys were bought by Dbanj (At least Dbanj said this and up till now nobody denied it)

So since the dude decided to move on based on irreconcilable differences, I think we should move on and stop the thrash of "X" MADE "Y"

Who is Tuface's producer. We dont know because Tuface hardly mention him. So it is possible we don't know Don Jazzy if D'banj hardly mention him.

Wande Coal denied it. I am no sopporter of anybody, I like good music whether the musician is from Ghana or Conco doesnt matter. All am trying to say is, Dbanj is a braggard, he is old but doesnt respect his old age. He goes all over the net and media bragging he owns this and that while Jazzy is cool headed and doesnt make noise. Ask Wnade Coal who owns what, Dbanj is a braggard and should not forget he was a 419 scammer in London. Na maga money dem use set up Mo Hits, ask any Nigerian in UK its no secret...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kiss Daniel - "No Do" (audio) / Wizkid's Net Worth In 2023 / Flavour To Open Nite Club In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.