Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

I Spent Millions Of Pounds On Mimiko- Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Spent Millions Of Pounds On Mimiko- Tinubu (747 Views)

Pdp Raises Panel On Mimiko’s Defection / Did Tinubu Bribe Ayo Salami: If He Spent Millions Of Pounds On Mimiko? / I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Spent Millions Of Pounds On Mimiko- Tinubu by Idokojimmy: 4:21am On Oct 16, 2012
Former Lagos State Governor Bola Tinubu has claimed that he supported Ondo State Governor Olusegun Mimiko with millions of pounds in cash during the legal battle to reclaim his mandate after the 2007 election in the state.

Tinubu made the allegation during the Redemption Rally organised by the Action Congress of Nigeria in Akure to mobilise support for the party’s candidate in Saturday’s governorship election, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu.

The ACN leader said Mimiko was economical with the truth when he claimed that he did not receive money from him while the battle lasted.

Tinubu, who quoted copiously from the Holy Bible while addressing the people, insisted that he gave money and vehicles to Mimiko as part of his contribution.

He said, “Mimiko claimed that I did not spend money when he had problems with his mandate, this is not true. It is a lie. He came to me and begged me to support him, rolling on the ground.

“He (Mimiko) claimed that Wole Olanipekun was there when we were planning the strategy, this is not correct. Rotimi Akeredolu was among the lawyers we organised for him.

“He collected money from me. I spent millions of pounds sterling but he betrayed me. It was Yemi Osinbajo who travelled to Israel and other countries to arrange the experts that helped him prosecute the case.

“People warned me not to help him because of his antecedents of being a serial traitor. He betrayed Adebayo Adefarati, Olusegun Agagu, and Chief Olusegun Obasanjo among others, but I still helped him.

“Mimiko has called me a godfather, yes, I am a positive godfather and even, god fatherism is biblical and that is why Christians refer to God as their father.

“I play god-fatherism in the South-West for the good of our people. My godfatherism is for progress, it is for mentoring. I have brought development to Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Lagos, Edo and Ogun states and the people are better for it.”

Tinubu condemned the mega school concept of the Mimiko administration, saying the schools were not meant for a low populated state like Ondo.

He said, “Mega school is not meant for Ondo. You don’t have the population. The mega school concept can only work in places like Lagos which is densely populated.

“Mimiko is just deceiving you with his mega school idea. It cannot work. We build millennium schools in Lagos where we have thousands of children. What you have in Ondo is a deceit.”

The ACN National Leader said Ondo would lose a lot if the people refused to put an ACN government in place through their votes on Saturday.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-spent-millions-of-pounds-on-mimiko-tinubu/

Re: I Spent Millions Of Pounds On Mimiko- Tinubu by AlterEgoTM: 5:47am On Oct 16, 2012
This is just a buncha malarkey! grin
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pounds On Mimiko- Tinubu by HammedSodiqq: 7:12am On Oct 16, 2012
Where did Tinubu get millions of pounds from for crying out loud. He has succeeded in revealing himself as a corrupt politician. He invested wrongly this time
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pounds On Mimiko- Tinubu by dtemidare: 10:50am On Oct 17, 2012
WHERE THIS THIEF BRING THIS KIND MONEY FROM? NO BE REVENUE FROM ACN STATES TREASURY? THEM THE DEFRAUD OTHER STATES TO COME WIN FOR ONDO STATE. THIEFNOBU GOD IS WATCHING
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pounds On Mimiko- Tinubu by badlucky: 10:10am On Jan 03, 2013
He has suddenly gone to bed

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Moves To Stop Jonathan In 2015 / Ghana’s President Visits Jonathan / Mali Islamist Group Threatens Reprisal Attacks On Countries Aiding Malian Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.