Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? (2515 Views)

Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! / According To Jesus, Yahweh Is Evil. / Yahweh And His Lying Angels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LWh6-Zyj4E&feature=relmfu

Here is what Yawheh (who never changes) used to think was good and appropriate punishment for rapists.
"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives."
Deuteronomy 22:28-29

Challenge to apologists:
if you want to claim that Deuteronomy 22:28-29 has been taken "out of context", please give a good, detailed explanation of the context in which forcing a rape victim to marry the man who raped her is justice.
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 16, 2012
*dhtml:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LWh6-Zyj4E&feature=relmfu

Here is what Yawheh (who never changes) used to think was good and appropriate punishment for rapists.
"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives."
Deuteronomy 22:28-29

Challenge to apologists:
if you want to claim that Deuteronomy 22:28-29 has been taken "out of context", please give a good, detailed explanation of the context in which forcing a rape victim to marry the man who raped her is justice.

The Bible is full of nonsense
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 16, 2012
^^^the old testament that is. . . .
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 16, 2012
Come on, everybody who has honestly studied the bible would accept the fact that women are regarded as lower beings.
In the same bible if a woman commits adultery she is STONED TO DEATH. But if a man molests her, he gets to keep her for the rest of his life.
Imagine the trauma she would go through by being forced to spend the rest of her life with someone that did such a horrible thing to her.
Apparently god doesn't know much about psychology, neither does he care to know, especially when it involves a woman. She is just an object, or rather ''helper'' who is to be bought and sold and has no say in anything, not even her life.
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 16, 2012
^^^This is why SOME CHRISTIANS LIKE ME believe that the god of the new testament is different from the loving Father JESUS SPOKE ABOUT IN THE NEW TESTAMENT.
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by ParisLove2(f): 11:08am On Oct 16, 2012
"But if a man finds a betrothed young woman in the countryside, and the man forces ( chazaq ) her and lies with her , then only the man who lay with her shall die . But you shall do nothing to the young woman; there is in the young woman no sin deserving of death , for just as when a man rises against his neighbor and kills him, even so is this matter. For he found her in the countryside, and the betrothed young woman CRIED OUT, but there was no one to save her . If a man finds a young woman who is a virgin, who is not betrothed, and he seizes her and lies with her, and THEY ARE found out , then the man who lay with her shall give to the young woman's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife because he has humbled her; he shall not be permitted to divorce her all his days." Deuteronomy 22:25-29 NKJV
Although vv. 25-27 refers to a woman that is betrothed, the point is still clear. By screaming, the woman indicates that she is being forced to have sexwithout her consent. Hence, when the woman does not scream this indicates that she willfully chose to engage in the sexual act with the man. This is further seen from vv. 28-29 where both the man andthe woman are held accountable, i.e. " and THEY AREfound out ." This is unlike the woman of vv. 25-27 who is said to be not guilty.

" If a man entices ( pathah ) a virgin who is not betrothed, and lies ( shakab ) with her , he shall surely pay the bride-price for her to be his wife. If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shallpay money according to the bride-price of virgins." Exodus 22:16-17

Note that in this passage the word pathah is used in place of taphas . Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew Lexicon defines pathah as:
# 06601
1) to be spacious, be open, be wide
a) (Qal) to be spacious or open or wide
Tb) (Hiphil) to make spacious, make open 2) to be simple, entice , deceive, persuade
b) (Niphal) to be deceived, be gullible
c) (Piel)
1) to persuade, seduce
2) to deceive d) (Pual)
1) to be persuaded
2) to be deceived
AV - entice 10, deceive 8, persuade 4, flatter 2, allure 1, (source: bible letter bible

the late renowned Bible expositor John Gill explained it long ago:

If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which isnot betrothed…
That is, meets with one in a field, which is not espoused to a man; and the man is supposed to be an unmarried man, as appears by what follows:

and lay hold on her, and lie with her,
she yielding to it, and so is not expressive of a rape, as (Deuteronomy 22:25) WHERE A DIFFERENT WORDFROM THIS IS THERE USED ; which signifies taking strong hold of her, and ravishing her by force; yet this, though owing to his first violent seizure of her, and so different from what was obtained by enticing words, professions of love, and promises of marriage,and the like, as in (Exodus 22:16,17) but not without her consent:

and they be found ;
in the field together, and in the fact; or however there are witnesses of it, or they themselves have confessed, it, and perhaps betrayed by her pregnancy. ( The New John Gill Exposition of the Entire Bible ; source

I hope this helps.

For more
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by wiegraf: 11:28am On Oct 16, 2012
Why don't xtians just get rid of OT, claim it was a mistake or something. They could also revise some NT and claim translation or something. Catholic church does that, eg evolution. That would please a lot of people, no?

Not troll
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 16, 2012
A man rapes a virgin and is forced to marry her What's wrong with that ?

Are these atheists not truly brainless to think that this is injustice.

Or could it be that they also support twisted sexual perversions such as r.ape and other deviant behaviours ?

Now the atheists on Nairaland are showing their true colours.
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
frosbel: A man rapes a virgin and is forced to marry her What's wrong with that ?

Or could it be that they also support twisted sexual perversions such as r.ape and other deviant behaviours ?

Wicked christian

Tell me, if an agbero/thug/areaboy rapes your single sister, duaghter or neice, would you say that they should get married or the molester goes to prison?
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
Logicboy03:

Wicked christian

Tell me, if an agbero/thug/areaboy rapes your single sister, duaghter or neice, would you say that they should get married or the molester goes to prison?

Unlike today where thug/agbero/areaboy likes could wreck havoc randomly and without restraint, in biblical times with emphasis on Israel, true justice was administered without delay.

So , if after raping a woman you married her and treated her badly , be sure that punishment will follow fairly rapidly. It was very much unlike the lawless societies in which we live today.

I do not expect you to understand anyway, your childishness beclouds your judgement on these important matters.
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
frosbel:

Unlike today where thug/agbero/areaboy likes could wreck havoc randomly and without restraint, in biblical times with emphasis on Israel, true justice was administered without delay.

So , if after raping a woman you married her and treated her badly , be sure that punishment will follow fairly rapidly. It was very much unlike the lawless societies in which we live today.

I do not expect you to understand anyway, your childishness beclouds your judgement on these important matters.

You are a real wicked person.

So, if a man wanted to marry a virgin all he had to do was moislest her and pay fifty sheckels?

See the fool you have become?
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
Logicboy03:

You are a real wicked person.

So, if a man wanted to marry a virgin all he had to do was moislest her and pay fifty sheckels?

See the fool you have become?

Please re-engage your brain, this is clearly a case of r.ape to a virgin forced on her by a s.exual pervert.

In ancient times, to r.ape a woman was to make her un-marriable, no one wanted to marry a woman who had lost her virginity , it was a sign of shame and dishnonor to the woman and her family.

So , it only followed that the man who had done her this dishonour will not be living the rest of his days in bliss, but will spend the rest of his life with this woman who he had wickedly humiliated.

Again, you seem to rush into conclusions with no deep thought applied to the context or rationale behind these laws.

Stop hyperventilating and start thinking, you just might learn a thing or two.
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 16, 2012
frosbel:

Please re-engage your brain, this is clearly a case of r.ape to a virgin forced on her by a s.exual pervert.

In ancient times, to r.ape a woman was to make her un-marriable, no one wanted to marry a woman who had lost her virginity , it was a sign of shame and dishnonor to the woman and her family.

So , it only followed that the man who had done her this dishonour will not be living the rest of his days in bliss, but will spend the rest of his life with this woman who he had wickedly humiliated.

Again, you seem to rush into conclusions with no deep thought applied to the context or rationale behind these laws.

Really? Didnt one of your prophets marry a harlot?

/who told you that only virgins got married in those days?

Didnt one of your prophets/kings in the old testament also takeanother mans wife after sending the husband to his death?

Lol...I'm too much for Frosbel cool cool cool
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
Logicboy03:

Didnt one of your prophets/kings in the old testament also takeanother mans wife after sending the husband to his death?

again context, pal.

But what do you know about logic, change your username to 'illogicboy' , suits the rubbish you keep posting to a tee.
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 16, 2012
frosbel:

again context, pal.

But what do you know about logic, change your username to 'illogicboy' , suits the rubbish you keep posting to a tee.

Your context was a lie.

#call me logic boss! cool
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2012
Apa ti jabo! some people actually support this motion!
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
*dhtml:
Apa ti jabo! some people actually support this motion!

You dont know the likes of Frosbel, Image123 and co. They are a heartless bunch of douchebag christians
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by truthislight: 11:50pm On Oct 16, 2012
Logicboy03:

the woman harlot was his wife that was wayward,
God ask him to marry her back so that the prophet will know what it feels like to keep forgiving the harlot like nation of Real that keep going back to idol worship.

The nation of Israel was like a wife to Yahweh.

But they keep worshiping other Gods and going back to ask for forgiveness and God has to keep forgiving them and taking them back.

The prophet then knew how painful this was to Yahweh.

Do you know the prophet or you just know the story?

1 Like

Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 17, 2012
*Trolling*
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 3:59am On Oct 17, 2012
truthislight:

the woman harlot was his wife that was wayward,
God ask him to marry her back so that the prophet will know what it feels like to keep forgiving the harlot like nation of Real that keep going back to idol worship.

The nation of Israel was like a wife to Yahweh.

But they keep worshiping other Gods and going back to ask for forgiveness and God has to keep forgiving them and taking them back.

The prophet then knew how painful this was to Yahweh.

Do you know the prophet or you just know the story?

What nonsense are you on about? God told Hosea to marry a harlot. Hosea amrried a non-virgin. You can remix the story however you like. Hosea was not the one worshipping other gods and yet, he was the one punished. Your analogy is foolish.

Please, I was a christian before, so dont ask me, if I know the story/passage. angry angry angry angry

Concerning the topic, it is wrong for a raped woman to marry the rapist.
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 4:06am On Oct 17, 2012
frosbel:

You know how wicked you are?

So a woman gets raped and then she gets further punished by forcing her to marry the rapist?

Who told you that losing virginity makes women unmmariable? Where did you get that lie from?

You are a sexist, with no consideration of the trauma the woman would go through. Apostle Paul in the making.
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
I am suspecting that Frosbel molested his wife before they got married

frosbel: A man rapes a virgin and is forced to marry her What's wrong with that ?

Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by cyrexx: 5:19pm On Oct 17, 2012
Logicboy03: I am suspecting that Frosbel molested his wife before they got married

grin grin grin

LMFAO,

Logicboy, you are a veeery baaaaaad boy!
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 17, 2012
cyrexx:

grin grin grin

LMFAO,

Logicboy, you are a veeery baaaaaad boy!

lol
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by F00028: 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2012

Are these atheists not truly brainless to think that this is injustice...

did I miss the sarcasm or you really dont see nothing wrong with making a woman spend the rest of life with the man that rap.ed her undecided
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 17, 2012
F00028:

did I miss the sarcasm or you really dont see nothing wrong with making a woman spend the rest of life with the man that rap.ed her undecided

lol....what? You didnt know that there were christians that are even more devilish than terrorists?
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by truthislight: 11:01pm On Oct 17, 2012
Logicboy03:

What nonsense are you on about? God told Hosea to marry a harlot. Hosea amrried a non-virgin. You can remix the story however you like. Hosea was not the one worshipping other gods and yet, he was the one punished. Your analogy is foolish.

Please, I was a christian before, so dont ask me, if I know the story/passage. angry angry angry angry

Concerning the topic, it is wrong for a raped woman to marry the rapist.

thank you for the "F" word.

May your children be like you.
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 17, 2012
truthislight:

thank you for the "F" word.

May your children be like you.

Unlike you, I would be a loving parent that doesnt support molestation marriage
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Kay17: 11:06pm On Oct 17, 2012
The OT appears flawed because ancient morality has lose its appeal and effectiveness in a 21st century
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by truthislight: 1:13am On Oct 18, 2012
Kay 17: The OT appears flawed because ancient morality has lose its appeal and effectiveness in a 21st century
that has resulted in Hiv aids.
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by truthislight: 1:14am On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Unlike you, I would be a loving parent that doesnt support molestation marriage

according to you may it be so.
Re: Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? by Nobody: 4:17am On Oct 18, 2012
Now, from what i gather, there are 2 sets of people on this board:
A- those who support m/o/l/e/s/t/a/t/i/o/n marriage (majority)
B- those who do not support (minority)

Hmn. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Speaking In Tongues / What Does The Length Of Your Skirt Say About You? / IN Memory Of Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa . 20 Years In Mind.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.