Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? (9816 Views)

Throwback Photo Of John Mikel Obi / Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans / Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by sunny4all(m): 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2006
Is Mikelobi Greedy?

I read from a previous writer that Mikel Obi will shake the world. That can only be correct if he stays out of trouble - seems he likes trouble embarassed.

How can a player fly from Norway to England, sign a contract and then turn back to claim that he was forced to sign a contract. At his age Mikel cannot differentiate between the good and the bad!!!.

The outcome from FIFA might not favour him. Players like that should stop dragging the name of the country in mold. Nigeria's got a bad name already he should behave decently. cry

Mikel should not be thinking about much money now but his career. Trust me, he will only warm bench in Chelsea!!! shocked Am a chelsea fan, but he's got opportunity to play in Man Utd.

Those close to him should advice him well. He's a good player no doubt but he should allow his heart to guide him not his pocket undecided embarassed shocked.

1 Like

Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by Akolawole(m): 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2006
He is not greedy, he is better than joe cole.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by sunny4all(m): 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2006
why should i blame u ''Akolawole'' u dont what i means to wear man u jersey!!! No Nigerian has played 4 man u b/4 so i see no reason why mikel can not go there. We don't need their money the name matters alot lipsrsealed
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by Greatpeter(m): 10:33pm On Apr 17, 2006
I hope they resolve his case quickly so he can be back on time for action.
They should not allow this guy to rot.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by Fimmy(m): 11:45pm On Apr 17, 2006
Mikel is such a greedy player dont know why he wants to go to chelsea,im dont think Jose will bench Joe Cole for him
maybe after two years of warming bench he will have a little brain that in Football money is not everything but the fame and love
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by Akolawole(m): 1:40am On Apr 18, 2006
Fimmy:

Mikel is such a greedy player don't know why he wants to go to chelsea,im don't think Jose will bench Joe Cole for him
maybe after two years of warming bench he will have a little brain that in Football money is not everything but the fame and love

In Football, money matters a lot.

Mikel make few mistakes but he didnt want his life to be another Yaro-yaro story.

Remember when Chelsea signs Essien, everybody says who is he going to bench, now he is in Chelsea's first team.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by nuggard(m): 8:25am On Apr 18, 2006
But if indeed chelsea signs ballack,if one considers the Chelsea mid-field contingent it becomes obvious that mikel would be a bench warmer.with Paul scholes soon to retire I think Mikel would be a good replacement for Man U.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by Jackal(m): 10:26am On Apr 18, 2006
As much as i love the young lad to excel, i think he got his options wrong by acting like a glory hunter.
I doubt if Mikel will perform to his optimum best if he eventually joins Man Utd.
United fans will question his loyalty and things might get rough for him at the initial stage.
Mikel should go to Arsenal or any other neutral club.
United needs a Diarra or Stephen Appiah.
United can't be bothered about a lad that turned his back on 'em.
End of Story.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by beyunce(f): 11:03am On Apr 18, 2006
he his fucking greedy. for chossing Man U and then Saying he wants Chelsa.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by Akolawole(m): 11:23am On Apr 18, 2006
beyunce:

he his fucking greedy. for chossing Man U and then Saying he wants Chelsa.

Jackal:

i think he got his options wrong by acting like a glory hunter.

Did you Know the nitty -gritty of what happens before you start complainning.

When did this nonsense start?

Who invited him to Chelsea? Is it Mourinho or Ranieri?

What right did Lyn have on him?

How did United treat Isaac promise as well?

How did united treat Michael Essien ?

What is Baba Alex's view about young african players?

At what point did Mikel has three agents?

How much has Chelsea paid for the family before he was cajoled to join United?

IF YOU DONT HAVE ANSWERS TO ALL THESE, DONT JUST CRUCIFY THE BOY.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by lordimpaq(m): 11:25am On Apr 18, 2006
i believe he was misled into making the wrong decisions,

@akola

i don't think he's better than joe cole,

joe cole is a better dribbler
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by beyunce(f): 11:29am On Apr 18, 2006
So chelsea decided to go and start paying his family, what a cool way to win a player.
For Gos sake who asked them to.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by Greatpeter(m): 4:38pm On Apr 18, 2006
I can assure all that Mikel will feature in any team and will make his mark.
The Caf who crowned him as the best young player in the last edition of Nation's cup, and Fifa who crownd him second best in the WYC can't be wrong.
Please don't run this Lad down.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by Priscila(f): 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2006
How I wish him to join Man U as I need an African player in that team!
Am sure I will like red devils to some extent!
I already love Chelsea cos of Didier! and Gallas
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by sunny4all(m): 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2006
Priscila u have turned d table round u love chelsea just because of Drogba n galllas is true!!!!!!!! embarassed
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by Priscila(f): 5:00pm On Apr 18, 2006
Sunny4all
You wont let me breathe on every subject!
or are you hitting on me indirectly?
Hey! ewo!
I love Africans in big teams I dont know why?
I think Iunderstand where the shoe pinches!
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by nobody2: 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2006
are we talking about fifa favouring mikel here or mikel warming the bench? are we talking about love for money here or love for football?
if chelsea goes about throwing money even to people that cannot play well, then i bet you mikel is a good ambassador to get nigeria's share of the money.
if chelsea buy players they consider worthy, then my prayers is that mikel play there.
nigerians, it is high time we pray for people in trouble that they get out of the problem and live upto their expectations.
our prayers should be that God grant Mikel his heart desire not mine or another person's desire.
if we must talk, then are all the players in Man U playing football the same time.
can't we consider the interest of coaches who make selections. If lionel messi happens to be a nigerian, who among us will allow him play for Becelona?
if warming the bench in chelsea is his(mikel's) destiny, who can change that? if he is mearnt to get a jersey there and become the pillar like Essien who among us will change that?
my interest is not where he plays but how come a young promising player like mikel was sold without giving other teams chance to make their bids like it is done in the case of other players? and only this makes me think there was a hidden agenda in the transfer.
i will enjoin all nigerians to pray that God will touch the hearts of all concerned, beging from managers, lawyers, teams to Fifa to make a quick and favourable decission and save the carrier of our dear mikel.
if mikel is greedy, then all the players in chelsea are greedy.
for me, he is over qualified to play in chelsea. his critics should go back to Egypt 2006 and look out for his surprises. who will believe that he can play for Okocha and Orima. that same God that gave him the opportunity in super eagle will equally do it for him where ever he goes. we have to always remember that different people, different faith and luck and football is all about fine play and big luck.
remember Lualua a very nice player is in portmouth a relegation threaten club so other players can be with the champions and that is destiny for you.
above all, for you all christains, our saviour (Jesus Christ) was born in a the house of animals so anything can happen.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by freddie1(m): 7:53pm On Apr 18, 2006
Man U will pay him better than Chelsea. He should give up in order to give his career a leap!
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by Akolawole(m): 7:58pm On Apr 18, 2006
lordimpaq:

@akola

i don't think he's better than joe cole,

joe cole is a better dribbler

In Chelsea, we dont need Dribbler, we need proper footballer.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by Dauda(m): 11:33pm On Apr 18, 2006
There is too much controversy about the kid. I sure hope he will not be too mentally drained after this roller coaster ride is over to actually play soccer. I think he is greedy and over - hyped.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by sunny4all(m): 8:56am On Apr 19, 2006
Priscila !!!!! cool pls which team do u support? i want u to come n have rest of mind with us @ the brigde.ok txn a million
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by Greatpeter(m): 9:08am On Apr 19, 2006
chrischidi:

are we talking about fifa favouring mikel here or mikel warming the bench? are we talking about love for money here or love for football?
if chelsea goes about throwing money even to people that cannot play well, then i bet you mikel is a good ambassador to get nigeria's share of the money.
if chelsea buy players they consider worthy, then my prayers is that mikel play there.
nigerians, it is high time we pray for people in trouble that they get out of the problem and live upto their expectations.
our prayers should be that God grant Mikel his heart desire not mine or another person's desire.
if we must talk, then are all the players in Man U playing football the same time.
can't we consider the interest of coaches who make selections. If lionel messi happens to be a nigerian, who among us will allow him play for Becelona?
if warming the bench in chelsea is his(mikel's) destiny, who can change that? if he is mearnt to get a jersey there and become the pillar like Essien who among us will change that?
my interest is not where he plays but how come a young promising player like mikel was sold without giving other teams chance to make their bids like it is done in the case of other players? and only this makes me think there was a hidden agenda in the transfer.
i will enjoin all nigerians to pray that God will touch the hearts of all concerned, beging from managers, lawyers, teams to Fifa to make a quick and favourable decission and save the carrier of our dear mikel.
if mikel is greedy, then all the players in chelsea are greedy.
for me, he is over qualified to play in chelsea. his critics should go back to Egypt 2006 and look out for his surprises. who will believe that he can play for Okocha and Orima. that same God that gave him the opportunity in super eagle will equally do it for him where ever he goes. we have to always remember that different people, different faith and luck and football is all about fine play and big luck.
remember Lualua a very nice player is in portmouth a relegation threaten club so other players can be with the champions and that is destiny for you.
above all, for you all christains, our saviour (Jesus Christ) was born in a the house of animals so anything can happen.

My man you have spoken well.
Thumps up for you!
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by nightrider: 10:26am On Apr 19, 2006
mikel is not focused, he is looking for how he can take excess money from chelsea and invest in spare parts instead of playing football with man-u. he can not break into chelsea's team. he stands a better chance with man-u. He will regret his decisions if he doesn't take time. see his mate lionel messi.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by darqly(m): 10:49am On Apr 19, 2006
Mikel is damn greedy, forget skills and all! Even if Chelsea had been the ones to approach him first, and Man Utd had snuck in with a better proposal,he'd have capitulated still.

Either way, I stand to be corrected,the dude is over-hyped and he will leave a "customized butt print" at Stamford Bridge cheesy
Then they will probably loan him out to Birmingham or Reading or Portsmouth!
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:15pm On Apr 19, 2006
I pity that guy, He needs honest people around him, he needs to be playing regularly even if its with a reserve team
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by beyunce(f): 1:55pm On Apr 19, 2006
Let him just make the right choice and choose the right team. Defo Mau - U cool  cool  cool  cool  cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by LoverBwoy(m): 2:15pm On Apr 19, 2006
As things stand i dont think Man U will like to deal with any nigerian players!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by menike(m): 3:32pm On Apr 19, 2006
All y'all are funny because I have seen many of U here
That don't even have the knowledge of the Game
Lament like Football is like Rugby of the NFL

To hell wit that.

Mikel goes to Man U or Chelsea sounds like Crap
Cuz wit FIFA that Boy will have things difficult
For his football career now .

And it's obvious that he might not be goin to
Any of this Clubs y'all just mentioned .

So guys like Sunny4all, Beyunce,Jackal,fimmy & Freddie
Do me a favour and log out of this Thread because
Mikel's career will and will never be in Man U or Chelsea.

Mikel's style is more of an Arsenal, Milan, Inter, Ajax
Valencia,Lyon, Marseille and Anderlecth .
So get out of that REM sleep of us.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by sunny4all(m): 5:27pm On Apr 19, 2006
''menike'' why should i blame u !!! somebody is alive but dying Haba!!!! Think humanly menike. Do u benefit frm Mikel Obi's issue? Don't allow me to pour my anger on you.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by SlohP(m): 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2006
Akolawole you dey yan like person wey no get sense. How will you say money matters in football. What matters is how well you play, money is only a minor thing. Mikel should go to Man Utd. That is the only way he can get the money his eye is chooking for. He has not proved himself yet to anybody. He has the skills to be better than Rooney (he is even better than rooney with just raw skills sef). Rome was not built in a day, you cannot just start playing football and expect to be getting a 5 figure salary a week and Man Utd even offered him that. I know say na ppl for naija dey tell am make he go Chelsea. Chelsea will waste him. Alex Fergusson has a reputation with Youngsters, look at Rooney, look at Ronaldo, look at Beckham, look at Solskjaer and almost 3 quarter of the Man Utd squad were all groomed my sir Alex himself. Look at Guiseppe Rossi, you think rooney is good, wait till guiseppe rossi bow up then you go see. Mikel knows what is best for him, he is not a fool. He knows man utd is better, he cannot go there becos he is not the one pulling the strings. You are naija ppl you should know this.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by Akolawole(m): 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2006
Sloh-P:

Akolawole you dey yan like person wey no get sense.

Please, withdraw that statement QUICK, QUICK.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? by menike(m): 1:40am On Apr 20, 2006
sunny4all:

''menike'' why should i blame u !!! somebody is alive but dying Haba!!!! Think humanly menike. Do u benefit frm Mikel Obi's issue? Don't allow me to pour my anger on you.

Are those anger of a Man or a She-man  OR  Anything'

lol grin grin grin grin grin grin cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Messi's Set Of Game-worn 2022 FIFA World Cup Jerseys Draws $5.2M Opening Bid / I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr / Lennart Johansson Dies At Age 89

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.