Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,585 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Jailer By Asa - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jailer By Asa (7110 Views)

'Satan Be Gone' By Asa (Watch The Official Video) / Asa's Mr Jailer Vs Jah Cure's Mr Jailer (same lyrics) / Download The Hip Hop Remix Of Asa's Jailer For Free! Dope! Dope! Super Dope! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jailer By Asa by A40(m): 7:44pm On Jan 23, 2008
Has anyone heard that song? I have never been a big fan of hers but she definitely won me over with that song.That chic has got soul
Re: Jailer By Asa by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 23, 2008
Yeah!!! Always been a Big Fan of Asa! That song is off the Hook!

Oh man, now you got me all worked out, can't even type comfortably, too anxious cheesy

I'm in Chains, you're in chains too
I wear Uniforms and you wear uniforms too
I'm a prisoner, you're a prisoner too Mr Jailer. I could go on and on.

All the songs in her album (asha) are dynamites, they are all good. I like Jailer, 360, Bibanke, Subway, Fire on the mountain, Eye Adaba, No one knows, Awe, Peace, So beautiful, Iba and the ones yet to be released grin grin grin

That babe is the BOMB shocked shocked shocked I bet she'll be one of Nigeria's best. kiss

If i see that babe face to face, I'm probably gonna rip off her clothes out of excitement! cheesy
Re: Jailer By Asa by dipo2much(m): 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2008
Asa is the Bomb
Re: Jailer By Asa by Modups1(f): 2:36pm On Jan 24, 2008
there is fire on d mountain
and nobody seems to be on d run
there is fire on d mountain top
and no one is arunning
Re: Jailer By Asa by A40(m): 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2008
I have not heard that much soul in any nigerian song in a while i am not sure which genre to put her.She is just ecleftic
Re: Jailer By Asa by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 24, 2008
Asa my love.

Bibanke to jo ban ro fimisile
Bibanke oh to de russia fimisile ehh
Re: Jailer By Asa by edosioo(f): 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2008
u guys should be trying to help others. try and post asa's song for us now , thats why i like bolaji
Re: Jailer By Asa by A40(m): 6:07pm On Jan 24, 2008
A man cannot give what he doesnt have
Re: Jailer By Asa by lalaboi(m): 6:12pm On Jan 24, 2008
i have only fire on the mountain and eiye adaba!

i havnt heard dat jailer oh!
Re: Jailer By Asa by lalaboi(m): 6:14pm On Jan 24, 2008
just found jailer on the net!

am downloading!

will upload wen its ready
Re: Jailer By Asa by lalaboi(m): 6:47pm On Jan 24, 2008
http://www.esnips.com/doc/e7a80c05-6351-4a23-ad6d-cd3c3a8928b5/Asa---Jailer---folk,-world,-music

jailer

eiya adaba and faya on z mountain is in the folder
Re: Jailer By Asa by coolboyapg: 10:30pm On Jan 27, 2008
she is my best female act in nigeria
Re: Jailer By Asa by yimiton(f): 9:48am On Jan 28, 2008
My Gosh!
TKB recommended it and I ran to get it when he mentioned that the song Fire on the Mountain was among the songs he was talking about.

I've not stopped playing it ever since I got it on Friday! It's so beautiful, so much da bomb that I can't find a word to express how proud of it I am! It's the best thing I've ever heard from a Nigerian!
cool
She's wonderful, ASA ROOOCKS! kiss

That's not all, I hear that the producer of the music Cobham Asuquo is a blind Unilag Graduate!
Nigerians are definitely going places!
Another interesting thing about it is that all the songs in the album are so good. This album is world class! wink
Re: Jailer By Asa by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 29, 2008
Yeah! Cobham always has the master touch! cheesy He's blind though but there's ability in his disability, someone I call the best producer in Naiija!

My friend has been to his crib before and he relates to people as if he were not. Very nice producer!!!

I think I'll get him on my hit track
Re: Jailer By Asa by tosinadeda: 6:50am On Jan 29, 2008
The album is a banger!
Re: Jailer By Asa by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 29, 2008
I had to burn it on my laptop so I can move around with the sawngs!!! grin
Re: Jailer By Asa by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 29, 2008
Guyz, dont bother looking for it online to download, U wont enjoy it. Go and buy the CD, its out now, everywhere. I had to burn mine to ma Laptop because that album goes thru hell everyday>>non-stop
Re: Jailer By Asa by lilstunt19(m): 2:44pm On Jan 29, 2008
I Luv dat Girls Voice, she just make me go soft, wink
Re: Jailer By Asa by lilstunt19(m): 2:49pm On Jan 29, 2008
She so so luvly, she's so creative and i've neva heard a nigerian so creative,

Hey anyone wit any idea of a site where i can hear her music online pls help me out here, sad
Re: Jailer By Asa by nana(f): 3:05pm On Jan 29, 2008
Re: Jailer By Asa by tkb417(m): 9:00pm On Jan 29, 2008
ASA's album is always plugged to my ears.
this has been on for 2 weeks now

Jailer and bibanke anytime
Re: Jailer By Asa by mutiu78(m): 5:19pm On Jan 30, 2008
Asa Album lyrics

Jailer

Am in chains you’re in chains too I wear uniforms, you wear uniforms too Am a prisoner, you’re a prisoner too Mr Jailer

I have fears you have fear too I will die, you sef go die too Life is beautiful don’t you think so too Mr Jailer

Am talking to you jailer Stop calling me a prisoner Let he who is without sin- Be the first to cast the stone Mr Jailer

You suppress all my strategy You oppress every part of me What you don’t know, you’re a victim too Mr Jailer

You don’t care about my point of view If I die another will work for you So you threat me like a modern slave Mr Jailer

You don’t care about my point of view If I die another will work for you So you threat me like a modern slave Mr Jailer

If you walking in a market place Don’t throw stones Even if you do you just might hit One of your own Life is not about your policies All the time So you better rearrange your Philosophies and be good to your fellow man jailer

I hear my baby say I wan be president I wan chop money From my government What he don’t know Be say Mr Jailer

360°

We don’t have to go The 360 degrees, Now its time we go the 180

You don’t have to climb The highest mountain For all you’re looking for Is within you

Open the eyes of your mind Your ears and mouth As you hear my words o o o

Pa ra ra n pa n pa ra re… I’ll be waiting I‘ll be

We still live in yesterday Many today’s they waste away But never the less it’s never late o

See the times have changed I thought you knew That this world, will Never ever wait for you

The world has gone past times of fighting So drop your guns and your swords And let us live all as one

We all need love and understanding So drop your guns and your swords And let us live all as one o o o

Pa ra ra n pa n pa ra re… I’ll be waiting I’ll be

Every nation across the ocean It’s more than just our colours We all need one another

Every people where ever you be It’s more than just our colours We all need one another

Bi’ban ké

I wake up I see you As you leave.

I feel it, I see it As you leave

When we kiss I want deep but you’re far away.

Bim ba n ke bo ban shun Fi mi si le Bim ba n ke bo jo ba n ro Fi mi si le.

He use to be my every thing Treated me like I was a queen What spell did u cast on me ? Or is it the make believe

You say girl never be afraid of ever ever loving me Those words I hung on too Oh God I was a fool

You became my bad habit Keeping up appearances/so you could notice

Even when you suddenly picked your things And left the keys/now its crazy

Bim ba n ke bo mi ban shun Fi mi si le Bim ba n ke bo jo ba n ro Fi mi si le.

Bim ba n ke o o o o Ko Kun ba si a Mo ti foro mi fo lu wa Ko sho,ko sho wa

Subway

Every day is not a holiday My life’s like a subway o I know this love don’t last

Look at me tell me what you see Do you believe this love is real o I know this love don’t last

I have come from faraway To see this go down the drain

I have waited patiently And this is what I get Emotionally failing me

My whole wild world is caving in I try so hard to express myself/but The woman in me/o o o don’t fade away

My mama say baby be careful If any body comes to say I love My papa say baby I warn you If anybody comes to say I love you

Now you asking me to trust you Tell me how am I supposed to When I know this love don’t last

Could this be the kind of love ? That my mum use to warn me about How will I know/that this love will last.

I have come from far away To see this go down the drain I have got so much to give

But I don’t know what I’ll get Emotionally failing me My whole wild world is caving in

I try so hard to express my self/but The woman in me don’t fade away.

Fire on the mountain

There is fire on the mountain And nobody seems to be on the run Oh there is fire on the mountain top And nobody is running

I wake up in the morning Tell you what I see on my TV screen I see the blood of an innocent child And everybody’s watching

Now am looking out my window And what do I see I see an army of a soldier man Matching across the street

Hey Mr soldier man Tomorrow is the day you go to war But you are fighting for another man’s cause And you don’t even know him

What did he say to make you so blind ? To you conscience and reason Could it be love for your country ? Or for the gun you use in killing

There is fire on the mountain And nobody seems to be on the run Oh there is fire on the mountain And nobody is arunnin

He Mr Lover man Can I get a chance to talk to you ? Cause you are fooling with a dead man’s corpse And you don’t know what you do

So you say you have a lover And you love her like know other So you buy her a diamond That someone has died on Don’t you think there something wrong/with this

Tell me who’s responsible For what we teach our children Is it the internet ? Or the stars on television Why o why o

So little Lucy turns sixteen And like the movie she’s been seeing She has a lover in her daddy She can’t tell nobody Till she makes the evening news

Eyé àdaba

Oju mo ti mo Oju mo ti mo mi Ni le yi o o Oju mo ti mo - mo ri re o

Eye adaba Eye adaba Eye adaba ti n fo lo ke lo ke Wa ba le mi o o Oju mo ti mo mo ri re o

I wake up at dawn As it dawn’s upon me I wake up to the sun Shining upon me

I see doves in the sky Birds flying high Then in silence I pray for peace For my people

(Translation)

No one knows

Just the other day, the other day
I was talking to the weather man
About today oh oh oh
And all,all he could say
Was no one knows tomorrow

See I can read the weather child
I can say maybe the rain will fall
The sun will shine oh oh ohh….
But that’s as far as my story goes

Cos no one knows tomorrow
Oh oh ha…no one knows tomorrow

Tell me what’s the need
To go to war/all the killings
Just to settle some one else’s score o o o
When the victory isn’t even sure
No one knows tomorrow

See, we can study history
and philosophy and Plato’s ideology
oh oh ohh…
But tomorrows still a mystery oh oh ohh

No one know tomorrow Oh oh ha…
no one knows tomorrow

Tomorrow is your opportunity to fail
Or be successful if you please, yes indeed

Tomorrow is a politician’s today
it’s the victim of decision
and the future of our children

So if I die someday,
Will I be in heavenly places ?
Singing halleluiah with an angel

On the piano or will I be
Just another contribution
To the earth, the tress, the grasses

As tomorrow slowly passes
No one know….no one knows

Awé

awe I bo lo lo ka Ta n fi wao ka Ibi o ba lo je a mo

Anti to n gbe le I to si O wa o wa le yi Ati o jo meta atabo

O wi kpe o o O loyun fun o Oyun oshu meji Oloyun fun o

Wahidi omo sekina Omo muyina Omo mohammed

Anti ton loyun fun o O to bi e l’omo/I wo iwo na

Anti to loyun fun o O to bi e l’omo O bi ‘mo oh oh O bi ‘mo Ire lo ni mu, ese Irun ori,iwo dudu Omo kpu pa ba wo lo se ri

Wahidi omo sekina Omo muyina Omo mohammed

Ewa wo ja la a fin Oba ejigbo Atabo, atako Wan ja la fin oba La fin oba.

Wahidi omo muyina ni Omo sekina O foju mi ri mabo Mabo ni le,mabo loko mabo l’eko

Mama to bi mama re Ni mama mi Emi na bi te mi Moo ntomo lowo F’omo loyon Ma ko tire bami

Abo oro lan so f’omo Luabi,to ba de nu re a do n di n di. Din din

Peace

peace for the people who are gone yekpa for the ones not yet born oh oh oh for the people who are here oh oh oh for the people

I cry when I see that I am born I live when I see what I am to do

Cos life is all about All you sitting and looking at me Take one step at a time Cos if you jump, you’ll never believe

The thorns of life Them are whining and waiting for you and me They make a brother , I want to run away

Run away, run away, run away, we re ja si gbo

So beautiful

Beautiful is your name Wonderful is what you are to me It’s you I see in my dreams Everyday and I pray for you Queen of my life You’re so beautiful

Emi n wa mama kan Ta lori ye ye yen Mama mi ko roju ri And that’s why am lovng you

nitori omo o jiya Ni le oko Mama mi ko roju ri And that’s why am loving you

la la la la la la la o o you are so beautiful you are so beautiful

Ebami kira fun mama mi orisha bi iya o ko o si laiye

Woman there is No one like you nitori omo o jiya ni le oko mama mi ko ro oju ri And that’s why am loving you

la la la la la la la o o You are beautiful

Ebami kira fun mama mi Orisha bi iya o ko si laiye
Re: Jailer By Asa by youngdigi(m): 11:04pm On Jan 30, 2008
just got her cd, i must say shes extremely talented, she is a perfect fit to work with cobhams, very nice combination
and yea jailer is my favorite track also
Re: Jailer By Asa by Gamine(f): 11:12pm On Jan 30, 2008
Infact this girl is just too mussh

Fire on the mountain?

too tite~! grin
Re: Jailer By Asa by tosinadeda: 4:56am On Jan 31, 2008
thats an album classic
Re: Jailer By Asa by mutiu78(m): 12:39pm On Jan 31, 2008
Re: Jailer By Asa by Oracle(m): 6:08pm On Jan 31, 2008
That girl is a genius.
My song is No one knows
Re: Jailer By Asa by RichDad1(m): 5:04pm On Feb 03, 2008
NO ONE KNOWS TOMMOROW cool cool cool cool cool Tommorow is a mystery
Re: Jailer By Asa by Habib(m): 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2008
mutiu78:

Asa Album lyrics
Thanks a lot Mutiu78 for posting Asha's lyrics. Please can you translate 'Awe' to english? I really like the song. I'd also appreciate if you (or anyone else) can translate 'Bi'ban ke' and 'So beautiful'.

All the songs are very nice, kudos to Asha and Cobhams. Nigeria truly has great talent.

(1) (Reply)

Tony Tetuila Feat. 2face - My Kind Of Woman / DOWNLOAD FULL ALBUM: Mr Eazi – “accra To Lagos” (life Is Eazi Vol. 1) (the Mixta / Nairaland Artiste KYLEZ Premieres New Single On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.