Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

How Can I Know Or Detect A Stolen Car From Europe Or America - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Know Or Detect A Stolen Car From Europe Or America (3265 Views)

Photo: Is This The Best Way Of Securing Your Car From Theft? / Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help / The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Know Or Detect A Stolen Car From Europe Or America by moneytalk(m): 9:35pm On Jan 23, 2008
@ ALL,

Could you simply share your experience in helping me to detect if a CAR is stolen in AMERICA OR EUROPE before i purchase it in lagos abegi help a broda out na labour money i wan take buy the car.
Re: How Can I Know Or Detect A Stolen Car From Europe Or America by ajileko: 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2008
You can not. You can try but it will cost you a lot of money and still may not find out. Your best bet is don't buy it if you have suspicions.
Re: How Can I Know Or Detect A Stolen Car From Europe Or America by blkmum700: 11:37pm On Jan 24, 2008
Very funny question.
Re: How Can I Know Or Detect A Stolen Car From Europe Or America by kingjalo: 11:54pm On Jan 24, 2008
really funny question, how e take concern you if them steal the car if you no buy no buy shocked
Re: How Can I Know Or Detect A Stolen Car From Europe Or America by earthrealm(m): 1:09am On Jan 25, 2008
if it has only 1 key,
most stolen cars have ponly 1 car, cos they were unable to get the original spare 4rm the owner, unless the not too bright folks that carry their spare key in the car!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know Or Detect A Stolen Car From Europe Or America by drekid(m): 1:20am On Jan 26, 2008
wot if d key don misplace ?
Re: How Can I Know Or Detect A Stolen Car From Europe Or America by layifioren(m): 2:26am On Jan 26, 2008
earthrealm:

if it has only 1 key,
most stolen cars have ponly 1 car, because they were unable to get the original spare from the owner, unless the not too bright folks that carry their spare key in the car!!!

I only have a key to my car and does that mean it was stolen? It's too easy to get an extra key. I only had one key for my last 2 cars also.

@ Topic,
You could check the Carfax to see if there's anything on record. There are fool proof ways to check but it might take longer than you expect. If you know someone in the states they could work with a local DMV to see what the deal is. If you need a help with Carfax let me know and just give me the VIN and I'll be able to tell you if I find anything out of the ordinary. Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know Or Detect A Stolen Car From Europe Or America by moneytalk(m): 5:16pm On Jan 27, 2008
really funny question, how e take concern you if them steal the car if you no buy no buy

You are joking whats is going to happen now is am hearing is that ALL STOLEN CARS WILL SOON BE CLAMPED IN NAIJA

You could check the Carfax to see if there's anything on record. There are fool proof ways to check but it might take longer than you expect. If you know someone in the states they could work with a local DMV to see what the deal is. If you need a help with Carfax let me know and just give me the VIN and I'll be able to tell you if I find anything out of the ordinary. Good luck

How long did you think it will take to do the checking in the states as the VIN i dont know.
Re: How Can I Know Or Detect A Stolen Car From Europe Or America by jidody(m): 6:37pm On Jan 27, 2008
The VIN is the Vehicle identification number. If its from the US a carfax report will indicate if its a stolen car. The VIN should ne on the chasis and you should also be able to see its at the base of the dashboard area throught the windscreen on the drivers side (that is if its American)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know Or Detect A Stolen Car From Europe Or America by Ivvie: 10:10pm On Feb 04, 2008
|

(1) (Reply)

Lamborghini Launch Most Expensive Car In The World "Veneno Roadster" Costs £3.3m / I Need Opinion - Compare And Contrast Audi A4 And Audi A6 / Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.