Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:45 PM

Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? (24193 Views)

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by pingo(m): 11:14am On Oct 18, 2012
Yes, especially the Immoral ones. Tell me what goes on your mind when you watch Timaya's Video (Bum-Bum) and what goes on you mind when you watch Gospel Video! ;DYes,
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Oahray: 11:15am On Oct 18, 2012
Much ado about secular songs. Not all 'gospel songs' TRULY glorify God either. That's why being selective when it comes to entertainment is important. Take a song like 'goodbye's the saddest word' by celine dion (and several like it)... Its not gospel. Does that make it something of the devil? Only fanatics try to set hard and fast rules in matters of conscience. Same people that see nothing wrong in secretly sinning. Mtscheeeew! God sees your hearts.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by safarigirl(f): 11:15am On Oct 18, 2012
Music ought to be soothing to the soul, innit? So because I want to be a good christian. I'll pick up one of those akanchawa songs and play them all day disturbing the peace of the entire area with the voice of someone who sounds like a rat that's being strangled.

What is secular music? Anything that's not gospel...this could be blues, jazz, rock,rnb, country, pop, hip hop, fuji, highlife......if you've ever sat down to listen to a blues song, you'd understand what music is....most Nigerians think of secular music as hip hop and pop, they think Jay-Z, Beyonce, Rihanna, Kanye,2 Chainz, Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj but there's more to it....

Pick up a Frank Sinatra song, an Aretha Franklin song, Michael Bolton,Carrie Underwood, Jason Mraz, these songs are secular, but they have a MESSAGE, anything that sends out a good message is acceptable, be it gospel or not, Omawumi sang 'if you ask me', she didn't mention God, but the message is true and good, as far as I'm concerned, that's all that matters, I can never be stuck with one music genre, especially one that has Princess Njideka and Destiny Kids as participants.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by cold(m): 11:16am On Oct 18, 2012
@ op,why worry over a problem with such a simple solution? Get your pastor,MoG,Daddy,Bishop,CEO or whatever they tag themselves these days to create a playlist for you to which he might throw in one or two new songs every month. That way you know you're keeping in tandem with the faith & you have Papa's blessing. Thus,heaven is sure. Problem solved
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 18, 2012
Lol @ Princess Njideka... grin
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Oahray: 11:23am On Oct 18, 2012
cold: @ op,why worry over a problem with such a simple solution? Get your pastor,MoG,Daddy,Bishop,CEO or whatever they tag themselves these days to create a playlist for you to which he might throw in one or two new songs every month. That way you know you're keeping in tandem with the faith & you have Papa's blessing. Thus,heaven is sure. Problem solved
lolzzzz
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by WAM1(f): 11:23am On Oct 18, 2012
I like to look at Christianity as a personal relationship with God and not a body of rules and regulations. If we seek to obey the rules- hypocrisy and self justification would creep in. Everyone has a different yardstick of grace; there are things I would get away with that others won't and there are things I dare not venture into that others will and get away with .

So my take on this- whatever we do in life is either glorifying to God or the devil. The things we watch, listen to or read with time get into our minds and if we are not careful we begin to dwell on these things- hence in proverbs it says above all guard your heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life . You are a product of what you feed your mind. If you read intellectual and inspirational books you begin to think in that direction .If you feed your mind with negative things you would yield negative products- Garbage in garbage out.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate good music - music is my life. I'm just extra cautious what I feed my mind. I listen to all genres of music but I try as much as possible to cherry pick- the moment I feel that uneasiness in my spirit I skip. Best practice though according to the bible- would be to flee from every appearances of evil.

So answering the question- is it a sin? It depends on the individual and the outcome expected. If you are seeking to obey rules- there is no rule stating listening to music is sin. If you are striving after relationship, holiness and making heaven- then phill 2:12.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 18, 2012
We are enjoined to listen to songs that edifies us, songs that'd renw our mind to the dictate of God. Christians are supposed to listen to songs that pleases and glorifies God. Yes, there are times when you are on the screen/radio and before you realise it, a secular song pops up...as a Christian, it's either you change the channel, or tune off your mind completely -Guarding our heart with ALL diligence.

*NOT all secular songs are bad. There are some that are motivational, though and they really help. There's this one i love to listen to, **winks* 'I know I can, be what I wanna be, if i work hard in it, I'd be where i wanna be' -whoever sang that song, pls!? wink it's still one of my favourites for young people.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by akintun: 11:33am On Oct 18, 2012
Yes
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by thelastPope(m): 11:39am On Oct 18, 2012
It depends on what you mean by secular music. Twinkle twinkle little star can be secular music. But if you are reffering to those songs that promote sex, violence, or anything contrary to God's Word including pride and self glorification, then its a BIG NO!

Interestingly this include many so called gospel music. Just because somebody calls God in a song doesn't make it gospel music. I don't listen to artists like Kefee or Buqui because they don't sing gospel music. They sings religious music and there's a big difference. The word God is a very ambiguous word. When someone says thank God, he might be referring to Michael jackson or Oprah Winfrey or justin bieber.

So don't just listen because the person says God. Check out the full lyrics of the song, then you can tell if its worth listening to so you don't fill your heart with unbelief and doubt and fear.

Check out the lyrics from this song "We are the world" by michael Jackson and USA for Africa.

"As God has shown us by turning stones
to bread
So we all must lend a helping hand"

As subtle and innocent as that sounds, it is absolutely devilish and cooked from hell. The writer of that song was singing to the devil not God of the bible. God didn't turn stone to bread!

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by thelastPope(m): 11:48am On Oct 18, 2012
WAM?:
I like to look at Christianity as a personal relationship with God and not a body of rules and regulations. If we seek to obey the rules- hypocrisy and self justification would creep in. Everyone has a different yardstick of grace; there are things I would get away with that others won't and there are things I dare not venture into that others will and get away with .

Bro, I am sorry but this your first paragraph is dangerous waters. There are clear rules in God's Word. You don't just choose what you like to do. Christianity is not personal in that sense. You do not own yourself. God owns you! There is no different yardstick of grace for different Christians. This is dangerous mindset. The Word of God is the only authority and yardstick for a believer. You cannot add to it or take away from it. If you do, you are on your on. Jesus said guard your heart! Its an instruction not a suggestion. Paul said, what fellowship (koinonia, communion) has light with darkness. This your grey area Christianity will lead you into a backsliden state and you might not even know you are there. It will strip you of your fire and first love. Get fixed on God's word!

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by riqblaze(m): 11:51am On Oct 18, 2012
b]Mark 7: 15 there is nothing outside the man which can defile him if it goes into him; but the things which proceed out of the man are what defile the man.[/b][/quote]

i was expecting this. This portion of d bible, just like mtt 22vs 21, that says render unto caesar what belongs to caesar, nd to God what belongs to God, are d most misused portions of d scriptures. D fact is that what comes out of us, is partly a function of what goes in, nd partly a function of our rational processes. It is a known fact that at birth, d mind is a 'tabula rasa'(empty slate). All knowlege are abquired from without, nd processed rationally, the output of which is then who we are. Yes, we are nt judged by what goes into us but what comes out. But remember also, that if ur eye will cause u to sin, pluck it out........ Is the eye nt also an input device? We are thus admonished to help put a leash on our actions by checking the things which go into us. The first step towards avoiding sin, is by avoiding occassions that lead to sin. He who has ears let him hear.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 18, 2012
X
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 18, 2012
yes, it is wrong to listen to secular music-if you and I shld ask ourselves,if christ is on earth, will he listen to a secular music and if I am a christian(christ like) I shld nt do dat which christ will nt do. Our enemy (devil) was once a singer, he lead a host of worshippers and after his fall, he cart away wit dis gift. He understands d place of song or music to heart God and human. Listen 2 secular music corrupt d heart by d principle of shift-which is d power of a minor things to shift d major from its position.e.g if I am a christian and listen 2 secular one or half secular song 2morw i'l crave for twice dat of ysterday. We hav 5 sense(eyes,tongue,nose,ear and skin), as d blood conect d body 2d soul, d soul conect d body and d spirit, so d senses conect d outside 2 d body-one a virus allowd tru d senses, it get in2 spirit and corrupt it.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by frevangel(m): 12:05pm On Oct 18, 2012
@OP, you didn't need to ask. Your heart already is giving you the red light! Anyway to answer the questions, any song that promotes promiscuity, worldly living, worship of money, man, satan, death, evil etc, is not good for a Christian.

Also, any 'GOSPEL SONG' that is not consistent with the teaching/doctrines of the Bible is not good as well.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Iskra: 12:11pm On Oct 18, 2012
Very funny Triangular and square music...very good humor. But for some serious reposte, I will advice you to better do what your conscience can handle,if you feel guilty listening to secular music then stop listening b ut dont implore others to be like you. It is interesting to see how far religion has brought us. May our hearts and minds truly be enlightened to the truth that transcends any religion.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by WAM1(f): 12:19pm On Oct 18, 2012
thelastPope:

Bro, I am sorry but this your first paragraph is dangerous waters. There are clear rules in God's Word. You don't just choose what you like to do. Christianity is not personal in that sense. You do not own yourself. God owns you! There is no different yardstick of grace for different Christians. This is dangerous mindset. The Word of God is the only authority and yardstick for a believer. You cannot add to it or take away from it. If you do, you are on your on. Jesus said guard your heart! Its an instruction not a suggestion. Paul said, what fellowship (koinonia, communion) has light with darkness. This your grey area Christianity will lead you into a backsliden state and you might not even know you are there. It will strip you of your fire and first love. Get fixed on God's word!

There is no point playing with words here. I clearly stated- I" look at Christianity as relationship not rules and regulations. Striving to follow the rules in public is equal to being religious and when Jesus came he did away with all of that. I can come up with several laws in the bible that we as humans can strive to follow in public- but what relationship exists between us and our creator when no one is watching? It's not about the amount of rules I can follow like the Pharisees did- it is not about giving alms or wear this wear that say this say that. All of those would come easily when a relationship exists. There is a difference between paying your thites because you are instructed to and an understanding of the principle behind that instruction- that comes with relationship.

I would say it again and again- different yardstick of grace for different people. Sir don't play with words again- I know the word of God is the only authority and yardstick for every believer - your statement and my statement do not mean the same thing. Sin is sin but God deals with us individually. How he gets my attentions is different from how he gets yours. You certainly cannot tell me that God expects the same level of faith and obedience from a baby convert as from a Pastor to whom he has revealed himself time and time again. He would show mercy unto whom he would show mercy.

The word of God is the truth- and one should not add or subtract from it. I didn't see a statement in which I was doing that- you can point that out to me so I make clarifications. There is no grey area Christianity - the bible says he will spit you out of his mouth if you are lukewarm. I have stated my approach on how I deal with that issue- I pay cautious effort to what I feed my mind- there is nothing grey or pink about that.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2012
secular-world,seek nt d thing of d world becos d thins of d world passes away wit its own things.if u seek d world, u wil go wit it. music is a flow of word connect together which may b spice up wit instruments-every word we hear creates a picture so is music, it cr8s a picture of d word in d song e.g u ar sexy/ I wanna sleep wit u -cr8 a pic of nudity, sex, ponography, (2) yahoo eego-show deciet, fraud,lying, stealing etc as we knw spoken words ar like spirit havin power to pass tru wall, cn heal, cn distrupt; wit increase in flow of words, d pictur it cr8 increases, it power increases and d one u listen 2 hav power 2 sweet u off. Even song affect God. E.g wht we call love songs cr8 a pictur of 2 person-1male,1female-sex mates,4 a sanctified christian 2 listen to dis song and wit power of imagination, he cn fall in 2 sin.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by glucogenic: 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
Zodiac61: In my experience, it is sinful for a christian to do anything not approved by his pastor.
Whilst the rest of us just get on with life and enjoy the little pleasures, the christian spends all his life wondering whether everything he does, or even thinks, is sinful.
Poster, get a life. If secular music bothers you, do not listen to it.
grin grin grin grin

So Ur Pastor approves evrything U do? God is the standard NOT a Pastor.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by thelastPope(m): 12:31pm On Oct 18, 2012
WAM?:

There is no point playing with words here. I clearly stated- I" look at Christianity as relationship not rules and regulations. Striving to follow the rules in public is equal to being religious and when Jesus came he did away with all of that. I can come up with several laws in the bible that we as humans can strive to follow in public- but what relationship exists between us and our creator when no one is watching? It's not about the amount of rules I can follow like the Pharisees did- it is not about giving alms or wear this wear that say this say that. All of those would come easily when a relationship exists. There is a difference between paying your thites because you are instructed to and an understanding of the principle behind that instruction- that comes with relationship.

I would say it again and again- different yardstick of grace for different people. Sir don't play with words again- I know the word of God is the only authority and yardstick for every believer - your statement and my statement do not mean the same thing. Sin is sin but God deals with us individually. How he gets my attentions is different from how he gets yours. You certainly cannot tell me that God expects the same level of faith and obedience from a baby convert as from a Pastor to whom he has revealed himself time and time again. He would show mercy unto whom he would show mercy.

The word of God is the truth- and one should not add or subtract from it. I didn't see a statement in which I was doing that- you can point that out to me so I make clarifications. There is no grey area Christianity - the bible says he will spit you out of his mouth if you are lukewarm. I have stated my approach on how I deal with that issue- I pay cautious effort to what I feed my mind- there is nothing grey or pink about that.

I am sorry I am tough here but I have to be. You are my brother (if you are truly born again). This grey area christianity is what is being spread around and will lead many to hell! The Word does not change and is not subject to the feelings and standards of men. Just stay on track. Be ye separate! The two basic laws Jesus came to establish are the law of faith and the law of love. John wrote, "if you love me keep my commandment" and "my commandments are not grievious". One translation puts it, my commandment are not hard to keep. If your heart is on fire for God, keeping his commandments is easy. But if you are lukewarm, you struggle.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2012
secular-world,seek nt d thing of d world becos d thins of d world passes away wit its own things.if u seek d world, u wil go wit it. music is a flow of word connect together which may b spice up wit instruments-every word we hear creates a picture so is music, it cr8s a picture of d word in d song e.g u ar sexy/ I wanna sleep wit u -cr8 a pic of nudity, sex, ponography, (2) yahoo eego-show deciet, fraud,lying, stealing etc as we knw spoken words ar like spirit havin power to pass tru wall, cn heal, cn distrupt; wit increase in flow of words, d pictur it cr8 increases, it power increases and d one u listen 2 hav power 2 sweet u off. Even song affect God. E.g wht we call love songs cr8 a pictur of 2 person-1male,1female-sex mates,4 a sanctified christian 2 listen to dis song and wit power of imagination, he cn fall in 2 sin.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by glucogenic: 12:37pm On Oct 18, 2012
damilarelr: @Poster,

In determining whether to listen to any secular music, 3 factors are to be considered: the purpose of the music, the content of the music, and, the style of the music. If you're not convinced in this three areas about a particular music, just stay clear.

Here's what I read on a site concerning the content of a secular music: Philippians 4:8 is an excellent guide for musical lyrics:

“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”

If we should be thinking about such things, surely those are the things we should invite into our minds through music and lyrics. Can the lyrics in a secular song be true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy? If so, then there is nothing wrong with a Christian listening to a secular song of that nature.

However, much of secular music does not meet the standard of Philippians 4:8. Secular music often promotes immorality and violence while belittling purity and integrity. If a song glorifies what opposes God, a Christian should not listen to it. However, there are many secular songs with no mention of God that still uphold godly values such as honesty, purity, and integrity. If a love song promotes the sanctity of marriage and/or the purity of true love—even if it does not mention God or the Bible—it can still be listened to and enjoyed.

Whatever a person allows to occupy his mind will sooner or later determine his speech and his actions. This is the premise behind Philippians 4:8 and Colossians 3:2, 5: establishing wholesome thought patterns. Second Corinthians 10:5 says we should “take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ.” These Scriptures give a clear picture of the kind of music we should not listen to.

May God bless U.
@all, simply not all non Christian songs r bad.
Trust me many Pastors groove to Sunny Ade & Oby's song. It shuld be more about the lyrical content- if its clean.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by stagger: 12:44pm On Oct 18, 2012
As a Christian who also plays a musical instrument, I do listen to secular music that is not vulgar.

For instance, I wouldn't listen to Timaya's "Shake Ya Bum Bum", but I could listen to his "Dem Mama" because of the message behind the song that reminds us about the horrors of the Odi invasion which left half the women in that community infected by HIV by soldiers in the Nigerian Army.

I also listen to Bob Marley. I also listen to love songs that are wholesome because as a husband, I am supposed to give my wife all the sexual satisfaction she deserves. So I could listen to "Lady in Red", Love Light in Flight (Stevie Wonder), "As" by Stevie Wonder remixed by George Michael and Mary j Blige. I am also a fan of Maxi Priest: his songs are tight and he doesn't do videos of near nude women.

I could never listen to confirmed satanists like Jay Z or Kanye West. I also do not listen to D'Banj: I have never understood the craze for his songs because as far as I am concerned, the guy's songs are complete BS in terms of melody, etc. And I would take Anita Baker or Gladys Knight anyday over Beyonce. I can never listen to Rihanna; she is a lost soul as far as I am concerned. Chris Brown and Jay Z have ruined her life. She came into the industry pure and has been badly contaminated. As for Nicki Minaj, God knows if I had the power, I would burn all her CDs.

I have known Justice (Jay Martins) way before he even started singing commercially. His piano and guitar skills are secondary to none and I enjoy some of his songs. One of my favourite stations on DSTV is the Classical Music channel. Once I finish my Saturday morning football, I take a bath and listen to songs from that channel and I wake up in another world. I am a student of music by George Handel (such as his opera pieces Judas McCaebbeus and Don Giovanni, Water Music and The Messiah). I also love Johann Sebastian Bach's piano sonatas in G Major and F Major, as well as several pieces by Chopin, Georg Haydn, Wolfgang Mozart and some of the Viennese period composers like Schubert, Schumann. And how can I forget my most favourite classical piece: 4 seasons by Antonio Vivaldi? Probably the greatest classical piece ever composed.

There are songs that edify the soul which are not necessarily gospel music. Then there are the obscene ones, and there are the downright satanic ones like the heavy metal music of Ozzy Osbourne. I can never have those in my house and will never listen to such.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by OILOFGLADNESS: 12:46pm On Oct 18, 2012
Xymc...:
I have just been really haunted recently by this and i'm sure many other people have this problem. So i decided to ask here to possibly get an answer... If you can help,please do!

yes, yes, as a christian we should always do those things that please God, we should have our delight in the listening to the music that glorify God ratherthan glorifying human. any misic that the artist is not focus on glorifying God is wrong! and christian should not give room to devil
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by dabrake(m): 12:47pm On Oct 18, 2012
So christians shouldn't listen to 'Earth Song' or 'Heal the World'.
Well, I select christian and secular music. Any boring xtian song go chop the delete key.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by mu2sa2: 12:50pm On Oct 18, 2012
What is the difference between "christian music" and so-called secular music? What u would call secular music becomes christian music if at the end of the track the artiste says "praise d lord" or similar christian words.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Rustic: 12:51pm On Oct 18, 2012
Nt a sin bt if ur faith doesn't accept it just quit.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by thelastPope(m): 12:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
dabrake: So christians shouldn't listen to 'Earth Song' or 'Heal the World'.
Well, I select christian and secular music. Any boring xtian song go chop the delete key.

These two songs you listed are satanic songs just like "we are the world" by Michael jackson.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by thelastPope(m): 1:02pm On Oct 18, 2012
mu2sa2: What is the difference between "christian music" and so-called secular music? What u would call secular music becomes christian music if at the end of the track the artiste says "praise d lord" or similar christian words.

Adding "praise the lord" or so called christian words to a song doesn't it make it christian. Many so called gospel music is as bad as secular music e.g. Songs by Kefee, KSB and Bouqui.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by thelastPope(m): 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2012
Rustic: Nt a sin bt if ur faith doesn't accept it just quit.

If your "faith" accept it, you are backsliden. Check yourself! Return to your first love. A heart that is on fire for God and conscious of God's presence will never accept those.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by 1forall: 1:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
OlowoTee: There's this one i love to listen to, **winks* 'I know I can, be what I wanna be, if i work hard in it, I'd be where i wanna be' -whoever sang that song, pls!? wink it's still one of my favourites for young people.

That song is by Nas titled 'I can'
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Image123(m): 1:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
damilarelr: @Poster,

In determining whether to listen to any secular music, 3 factors are to be considered: the purpose of the music, the content of the music, and, the style of the music. If you're not convinced in this three areas about a particular music, just stay clear.

Here's what I read on a site concerning the content of a secular music: Philippians 4:8 is an excellent guide for musical lyrics:

“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”

If we should be thinking about such things, surely those are the things we should invite into our minds through music and lyrics. Can the lyrics in a secular song be true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy? If so, then there is nothing wrong with a Christian listening to a secular song of that nature.

However, much of secular music does not meet the standard of Philippians 4:8. Secular music often promotes immorality and violence while belittling purity and integrity. If a song glorifies what opposes God, a Christian should not listen to it. However, there are many secular songs with no mention of God that still uphold godly values such as honesty, purity, and integrity. If a love song promotes the sanctity of marriage and/or the purity of true love—even if it does not mention God or the Bible—it can still be listened to and enjoyed.

Whatever a person allows to occupy his mind will sooner or later determine his speech and his actions. This is the premise behind Philippians 4:8 and Colossians 3:2, 5: establishing wholesome thought patterns. Second Corinthians 10:5 says we should “take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ.” These Scriptures give a clear picture of the kind of music we should not listen to.
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship / This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs / Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.