Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? (10490 Views)

Man Takes Poison After Son Caught Him Attempting To Rape Daughter / Woman Arrested For Attempting To Use Twins For Fraud / Police Kill Robbers In Gun Duel, Arrest Six Car Snatchers (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by udokpuenyi(m): 11:40am On Oct 18, 2012
Licenced gun or not, let the arm robbers names first enter death register before I stand trail for illegal arm possession. The ALUU4 scenerio is a different ball game. The law does not allow you to Kill an unarmed crimininal no matter what his perceived crime is.
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by Ijebulogic(m): 11:41am On Oct 18, 2012
cold:

You're being economical with the truth here. Can we see the story of the guy that went to jail based on the action you described above?

Just google "Tony Martin, Farmer jailed for shooting burglar" sir......Cheers!
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 18, 2012
Sky Blue:

Canvas? Which kain credit crunch robbing be dat? Ein no see better tin carry hit you for head? Think back now, you sure say na even real gun dey bin use or na hand dey carry point?
so u bin wan confirm weda na real or fake gun
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by Souljaboi1: 11:44am On Oct 18, 2012
Soulja-boi:
Wow, i dreamt of such a scenario recently....

My my, i aimed for their right hands and legs with this.....

Don't blame me, i grew up seeing guns everyday... wink

Just for the record; its a MINI-BERYL 96 close assault rifle incorporates an underslung grenade launcher capable of stopping a lightly armoured vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by SkyBlue1: 11:48am On Oct 18, 2012
acidosis™:

lol... abeg nor vex.. I mistook "canvas" with "shoe".. The shoe is a hard one, sincerely.. cos I felt the pain so strong.
About the authenticity ? I doubt it too initially but I heard sporadic gunshots few minutes later and it was confirmed by neigbours..

and... e be like say pesin neva point gun for your head before sha... if it make pesin piss for bodi ooo... i pray make you no experience am.. smiley

LOOL, I like the way you dey carry take confess say you piss one kain hot piss like dat, everybody wan go heaven but nobody wan die.
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by SkyBlue1: 11:52am On Oct 18, 2012
gommex: so u bin wan confirm weda na real or fake gun

O boy for dat kain situation pesin fit mad. If armed robber come my house dey nack my head with canvas as if I tif meat no close pot I go even hala sef, say which kain insult be dis, you come rob me you no fit even rob me well sef. Canvas? The only tin wey worse pass na if na slippers dey take nack for head, and wetin go vex pass for dat matta go be say dey even wia slippers carry come do harmed robbery. Na so dey dey take do am? I go even carry cane pursue dem commot say make dem come back when dey don learn the sontin, make dey go take harmed robbery class.
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by Rastamann: 11:53am On Oct 18, 2012
The ALUU four were no robbers (and they had no arms) as police report have indicated while the scenario that you portraying are those of real armed robbers (armed with guns and cutlasses etc.), so why will I not kill the four robbers and then relocate my family since they might want to come back for a revench.
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 18, 2012
Yes. I would Shoot to kill,HeadShots to be exact,I won't take prisoners either

Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by Josh316(m): 11:56am On Oct 18, 2012
Ijebulogic: My brother...Let me clarify o. I'm not saying those boys deserved even 10% of the suffering and pain they went through. My question is a simple one to test our own moral standings. So...would you kill the armed robbers outside your house?

without doubt i WILL... they are also armed and the lives of my family is at stake, more so, since they are in the act not like its heresay. A shot from my gun is a more humane way of defending my family rather than treating them worse than goats for slaughter
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by Ijebulogic(m): 11:57am On Oct 18, 2012
Quite some time ago but still holds in UK Law...

Audrey Gillan

The Guardian, Thursday 20 April 2000 10.52 BST

Tony Martin, the Norfolk farmer who shot a teenage boy in the back as he tried to burgle his isolated farmhouse, was yesterday found guilty of murder and sent to prison for life at the end of a case that touched a raw nerve across rural Britain.
In spite of cries of "yes, yes" and "I hope you die in jail" from the family of 16-year-old Fred Barras, the farmer - flanked by two police officers after receiving threats on his life - remained unmoved.

Martin was found guilty of murder by a jury of six men and six women who had earlier given not guilty verdicts on charges of attempting to murder another man, the burglar Brendon Fearon, and of possession of a firearm and ammunition with intent to injure life. He was found guilty of wounding Fearon with intent to kill.

Passing three sentences of life, 10 years and 12 months to run concurrently, Mr Justice Owen said: "It seems to me that this case serves as a dire warning to all burglars who break into the houses of other people.

"The law is that every citizen is entitled to use reasonable force to prevent crime. Burglary is a crime and a householder in his own home may think he is being reasonable but he may not be reasonable and that can have tragic consequences."

Martin killed Barras, a market trader from a Gypsy travelling family based in Newark, Nottinghamshire, last August during a late-night incident at his farm. The teenager, who had a number of convictions, was on his "first big job" to burgle Martin's home, Bleak House. He and Fearon were attacked by one of the farmer's rottweilers as they tried to get away.

The court heard that Martin, who had a vitriolic hatred for burglars and Gypsies, had come downstairs with a pump-action Winchester shotgun and fired at the two men.

Barras had pleaded for his life, shouting: "I'm sorry. Please don't. Mum." In panic, Fearon, who was seriously injured, pulled out a rotten window and he and Barras jumped through. It was not until the next afternoon that the teenage boy's body was found.

Norwich crown court heard that Martin - who took a 4ft teddy bear with him to court every day - had been repeatedly burgled and that he had laid booby traps and lookout posts for anyone who came onto his property.

Peter Tidey, the chief crown prosecutor for Norfolk, said: "Actions such as that taken by Tony Martin cannot be tolerated in a civilised society. When people break the law it is for the law to punish them, not for individuals to take the law into their own hands, whether acting out of revenge or their own individual system of justice."

The Barras family, who attended the court in large numbers every day, last night issued a statement saying: "As Fred's family we cannot and do not condone his actions. We are aware that he had failings and would have expected him to be dealt with and punished in the criminal justice system. He was not given that chance."

The verdict will be greeted with horror by the farmer's many supporters across the country who believed he did the right thing. Yesterday morning as he arrived in court an official passed on a handful of letters of support to add to the hundreds he received throughout the case.

A close friend of Martin, Malcolm Starr, said: "I'm absolutely devastated by the outcome and to be quite honest I think the whole country will be genuinely gobsmacked.

"If people were put away for longer for burglaries then they would not have been there and they would not have been shot."

The media agent Max Clifford, who gave Martin free advice, said last night he believed the conviction was a miscarriage of justice.

Martin's mother Hilary, 86, said it should have been the burglars in the dock and not her son. She added: "I am shocked. I am disappointed. I can't believe it. Because of this verdict decent people will not be able to sleep at night. He was merely defending himself against people who were thieves and vagabonds."

Martin's solicitor, Nick Makin, said he would appeal.
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by yuzedo: 12:02pm On Oct 18, 2012
I was dishing out the story on another thread of how my uncle was under siege in his house with about 12 robbers (including women) who were hell-bent on robbing (and perhaps killing) his rich as(s)!

They had killed one of his security dogs while the other bailed the f(u)ck out.

Did my uncle falter? Did his heart fail? Was he lacking in tactical discipline and wavering courage? F(u)ck No! He looked at his fine-a(s)s wife and his young kids and made the decision that only MEN make... He'd defend them or die trying! angry

The robbers thought they had covered all loopholes, cutting his telephone wires (in the 90's) and bribing the police to stay away. They just didnt consider his "lack of bitchmadeness".

Operation lasted from 1am till 5am. They tried to burn down the house and smoke them out, he had fire extinguishers on the ready. They tried to negotiate and ask him to surrender. He told them to f(uck) themselves, he had bullets to last 3days. They threatened, they cajoled, they begged him to throw down some money (and jewelry insisted the female robbers), his reply was two bursts of gunfire in the air to signal end of negotiations!

At the end of the operation, the score was:

Robbers: Three dead (including their leader whose head got sniped the 4k off, apparently he wore an iron bucket/flower pot to protect his head while climbing a verandah, my uncle ignored him till he was in clear sight and dispatched him to hades).. Several injured and demoralized.

My Uncle: One guard dog dead. One security guard dead. Family traumatised.

6am that very morning, he moved his family out to a new home in Victoria Island to forestall a reprisal attack. Nobody has bleeped with him since then... angry angry
#TRUESTORY

5 Likes

Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by kennytidistar(m): 12:02pm On Oct 18, 2012
that is self defence my dear! na cheap meat be that i go kill dem finish!
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by KayDee4: 12:03pm On Oct 18, 2012
Strangers knocking on my door in the middle of the night and threatening to kill? Without hesitation, I'll aim for their heads and chest because it's "kill or be killed".
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by pappilo(m): 12:05pm On Oct 18, 2012
Ijebulogic: Ever so often, we humans get tested by incidents around us. Despite the anger and disgust most feel for the gruesome murder of the Uniport 4, it raises other moral questions.

Here is the scenario: Its 2am and you are asleep with you wife, new born child and aged mother-in-law. 4 Armed robbers are hacking away at your door screaming that you will be dead tonight if you dont open the door.

Assume you have a licenced shotgun in the house, Would you stand as a man and defend your family by killing all four? If no, what are your options? If Yes, how are you better than the ALUU killers? Its a moral dilemma. Comments please.

Na real Ijebu logic you dey use cause your comparison of the #ALUU 4 murders and the hypothetical scenarion you described above is comparing apples and oranges.
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by SkyBlue1: 12:05pm On Oct 18, 2012
yuzedo: I was dishing out the story on another thread of how my uncle was under siege in his house with about 12 robbers (including women) who were hell-bent on robbing (and perhaps killing) his rich as(s)!

Did my uncle falter? Did his heart fail? Was he lacking in tactical discipline and wavering courage? F(u)ck No! He looked at his fine-a(s)s wife and his young kids and made the decision that only MEN make... He'd defend them or die trying! angry

The robbers thought they had covered all loopholes, cutting his telephone wires (in the 09's) and bribing the police to stay away. They just didnt consider his "lack of bitchmadeness".

Operation lasted from 1am till 5am. They tried to burn down the house and smoke them out, he had fire extinguishers on the ready. They tried to negotiate and ask him to surrender. He told them to f(uck) themselves, he had bullets to last 3days. They threatened, they cajoled, they begged him to throw down some money (and jewelry insisted the female robbers), his reply was two bursts of gunfire in the air to signal end of negotiations!

Robbers: Three dead (including their leader whose head got sniped the 4k off, apparently he wore an iron bucket/flower pot to protect his head while climbing a verandah, my uncle ignored him till he was in clear sight and dispatched him to hades).. Several injured and demoralized.

6am that very morning, he moved his family out to a new home in Victoria Island to forestall a reprisal attack. Nobody has bleeped with him since then... angry angry
#TRUESTORY

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 18, 2012
yuzedo: I was dishing out the story on another thread of how my uncle was under siege in his house with about 12 robbers (including women) who were hell-bent on robbing (and perhaps killing) his rich as(s)!

The robbers thought they had covered all loopholes, cutting his telephone wires (in the 09's) and bribing the police to stay away. They just didnt consider his "lack of bitchmadeness".

#TRUESTORY
That's myth!
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by jaysm(f): 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2012
@ poster hope ur hand is clean o! Cos for me anything that threatened my life and that of my family, will distroy either phisical, spiritually or otherwise.
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by bid4rich(m): 12:13pm On Oct 18, 2012
I swear I will kill them (the robbers) for free even God will be proud of me saying ''well-done my son''

1 Like

Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by UNLEASHED(m): 12:13pm On Oct 18, 2012
By the grace of God, I will waste them all and I'll ring the police to come with 4 body bags. I'm better than Aluu killers because the guys I killed are armed robbers, Uniport students killed are not confirmed to be armed robbers.
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by yuzedo: 12:14pm On Oct 18, 2012
all4naija: That's myth!

undecided undecided undecided Myth? Really?

Smh! I was so irritated by your comment i almost abused you. So Seun pays me to come on NL and share myths abi? I stand to gain what exactly by propagating "myths"??

I don't want to reveal too much because the internet is a small place and he is a public figure. He or his kids (or any of my relatives/his relatives privy to the encounter) may be reading. You are entitled to your opinion. Me,i'm just proud of the nigger. He has proven over the years that he has balls of steel.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 18, 2012
Richfella:

Except you're outnumbered, out-gunned and there's nothing you can possibly do.

It would be totally ret@rded of me to even begin to consider letting a bunch of sociopaths into my my home when I have effective options. Not all armed robberies where the robbed complied completely always end well.

If my wife and children are remotely at risk...I'll even bomb the fuckers in their homes cool.

U re right
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by nduchucks: 12:19pm On Oct 18, 2012
Most of these armed robbers who attack people's homes at night are cowards who prey on soft targets. Upon hearing a single warning shot, they will flee like a Yoruba villager running from herdsmen with pulled daggers. No need to kill them.
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by ocelot2006(m): 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
It's definitely a no-brainer. I even thank God it's a shot-gun with buck shots. It's head shots all the way. If it's a pistol or assault rifle, I'll go for the 3-tab rule- 2 in the chest and 1 in the head.
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by mallorca(m): 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2012
No
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by born2boink(m): 12:27pm On Oct 18, 2012
bokohalal: The law actually allows you to kill in defence of your live,family and property but not in a situation were you had already disarmed and arrested the intruder.
Boko haram, you talks sensen are you ABu Halal?
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 18, 2012
Ijebulogic:
Please see my earlier clarifications. I along with millions of others detest the cold-blooded murder of the Uniport4 boys. The UNIPORT 4 are "referenced" in this post and not the TOPIC of the post. The topic and question is - would you kill robbers that are outside your house attempting to gain entry? Note that they are still outside your house, shouting threats "we will kill you today", you havent seen their weapons yet. Would you face a moral dilemma to pump them with bullets? I know people who will not kill despite the circumstances (their own belief system doesnt allow it). Even in self defence. I know others who will kill (depending on the circumstances). So sir....would you shoot or not?

if i fear that my life (or that of my children) is in danger, then it will be a natural response to shoot. the only way i could ever live in 9ja is if i can have my own gun......... at all times!
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by ilenaira: 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2012
yuzedo:
I don't want to reveal too much because the internet is a small place and he is a public figure. He or his kids (or any of my relatives/his relatives privy to the encounter) may be reading. You are entitled to your opinion. Me,i'm just proud of the nigger. He has proved over the years that he has balls of steel.

The internet is such a small place, he/his kids may be reading and you're so proud of him you honour him with the title nig*er? wow, cool undecided
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by joanana(f): 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2012
I will cut off his hand , do u know why?

There is this thief that always comes to in my window while m sleeping between 1am and 2am in the morning. This dude scares the hell out of me angry angry angry angry angry angry. whenever he comes, i don't know when n how he did it, he will quietly move my window to the other end n start searching for a phone or anything his filthy hand will lay on to steal. whenever he does that n mistakenly touch my leg, i quietly turn to see whose hand it is , expecting to c a cloud with a bright moon and stars; i will see a very big dark shadow in my window n i will scream 'Blood of Jesus" run out of my room!!!!
He did it many times so i was told that whenever, he comes i should should shout "ole!!!!!!!" I did that but it didn't work. So a friend of mine said since i know the time he normally comes to steal, i should hide n wait for him, the moment i c his hand i should cut it off with a machete! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Till today, the guy never show him face again.... maybe he has given his life to Christ!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by ocelot2006(m): 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
Soulja-boi:

Just for the record; its a MINI-BERYL 96 close assault rifle incorporates an underslung grenade launcher capable of stopping a lightly armoured vehicle.

If you're referring to th rifle in your pic, that's an AKS-74U with a modified stock and Eotech optics. No under-barrel grenade launcher.
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by Pimples(m): 12:33pm On Oct 18, 2012
joanana: I will cut off his hand , do u know why?

There is this thief that always comes to in my window while m sleeping between 1am and 2am in the morning. This dude scares the hell out of me angry angry angry angry angry angry. whenever he comes, i don't know when n how he did it, he will quietly move my window to the other end n start searching for a phone or anything his filthy hand will lay on to steal. whenever he does that n mistakenly touch my leg, i quietly turn to see whose hand it is , expecting to c a cloud with a bright moon and stars; i will see a very big dark shadow in my window n i will scream 'Blood of Jesus" run out of my room!!!!
He did it many times so i was told that whenever, he comes i should should shout "ole!!!!!!!" I did that but it didn't work. So a friend of mine said since i know the time he normally comes to steal, i should hide n wait for him, the moment i c his hand i should cut it off with a machete! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Till today, the guy never show him face again.... maybe he has given his life to Christ!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I seriously Hope you are Joking
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by SkyBlue1: 12:33pm On Oct 18, 2012
joanana: I will cut off his hand , do u know why?

Next time ein come just give am cornflakes (. . . . the guy na regular sotey she dey even make appointment wit her tif)

I just dey imagine scheduling argument:

A - 'Which time you dey come tif because I dey follow Simbi go do hair, and you know say thay girl hair de tin look small but we fit tey for inside market'
B - 'Well I no go fit wait you, you know say to dey find taxi for dat una side hard and I no wan tif come dey enter bus'
A - 'O boy I dey tell you say that 2pm just doesn't work for me. Or you want make Simbi come dey carry half hair waka, you don see de hair'
B - 'So if Simbi dey plat hair e mean say you go wait am? You sef too dey follow Simbi'
Re: Would You Kill Robbers Attempting To Break In to Your Home? by MrHim(m): 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2012
One phrase: " say hello to my little friend" and i squeeze till that clip is empty!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License / 14 Nestoil Staff Kidnapped In Rivers State / Police Arrest Driver With 11 Wraps Of Indian Hemp In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.