Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Finally I Have Agreed That We Are Not Ready To Rule Ourselves. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finally I Have Agreed That We Are Not Ready To Rule Ourselves. (697 Views)

I'm Not Ready To Feed My Husband In Prison - First Lady / 2015: “obasanjo And I Have Agreed To Save Nigeria” – Atiku / PDP Crisis: “we Have Agreed To Keep Quiet Till Sunday” – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally I Have Agreed That We Are Not Ready To Rule Ourselves. by SamMilla1(m): 12:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
After 52 Years, we Nigerians still

1 - Invite foreign Engineers and construction companies to do our roads. I was driving around Enugu the other day and met many white men and Arabs on helmets constructing the roads. Shame.

2 - Invite foreigners to work on our oil rigs, wells and factories.
What happened to all the Engineers that came out of hundreds of universities in Nigeria since 1960 ?

3 - Go overseas for common health issues and check ups. Jesus Christ, after 52 years of self governance ? We cant even produce top doctors we can trust?

4 - Import generators in hundreds of containers everyday yet we produce Engineers and electricians with first class Upper - only on certificate.

5 - Import Rice, something that grows out of ground even in our own soil.

So i ask, what exactly can we do on our own.

The only place the foreigners are not allowed to work are in the Banks. No we dont need them near our money at all. #Greedybastards.

Oh i forgot we have Jesus Christ in every corner in Lagos, with millions trooping in to Winners, Redeem, Scoan and others to look for salvation.
Then the tigers are busy in Govt houses doing whatever they chose with oil money.
The rest are on their own.

I think it is better that we invite the white men back to manage us for another 100 years.
Maybe we will be ready to govern ourselves then.
Re: Finally I Have Agreed That We Are Not Ready To Rule Ourselves. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 18, 2012
I used to think like that, like asking the colonial masters to come back, but now, I think we should split Nigeria into regions.
Re: Finally I Have Agreed That We Are Not Ready To Rule Ourselves. by Rossikk(m): 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2012
Sam Milla: After 52 Years, we Nigerians still

1 - Invite foreign Engineers and construction companies to do our roads. I was driving around Enugu the other day and met many white men and Arabs on helmets constructing the roads. Shame.

What happened to all the Engineers that came out of hundreds of universities in Nigeria since 1960 ?

3 - Go overseas for common health issues and check ups. Jesus Christ, after 52 years of self governance ? We cant even produce top doctors we can trust?

4 - Import generators in hundreds of containers everyday yet we produce Engineers and electricians with first class Upper - only on certificate.

The only place the foreigners are not allowed to work are in the Banks. No we dont need them near our money at all. #Greedybastards.

Oh i forgot we have Jesus Christ in every corner in Lagos, with millions trooping in to Winners, Redeem, Scoan and others to look for salvation.
Then the tigers are busy in Govt houses doing whatever they chose with oil money.

I think it is better that we invite the white men back to manage us for another 100 years.

You're looking at it the wrong way. What you should be doing is comparing where we were say 30 or 40 years ago with where we are today in terms of indigenous participation in the areas you mentioned. 40 years ago, there were virtually NO Nigerian companies that engaged in tasks like road construction, oil drilling, factory production etc. Those tasks were conducted 100% by foreigners. Today, we can say maybe 65% or 70% of those tasks are performed by foreigners, with Nigerian firms performing the other 30-35%. Even that figure is set to rise especially with recent moves to increase local participation in the upstream sector of the oil industry... So we are making incremental progress. Allowing whites to come back and take over everything again, is a backward step, and thoroughly unhelpful.

1 Like

Re: Finally I Have Agreed That We Are Not Ready To Rule Ourselves. by Callotti: 3:33pm On Oct 18, 2012
Flood everywhere. . . people clinging to roof-tops.
Even OGBONGE Christians. . . . pastors and all. . . forgot to build 'NOAH'S ARKS'. . . . cheesy
No barry wanno die. . . . mu he he he he he

Abi una see rainbow. . .as una God take promise? tongue

Nau crocodile and water-snakes everywhere.

Even dried-fish nor dey again for market!

Because USELESS NIGERIANS cannot build/maintain dams!!!!
Re: Finally I Have Agreed That We Are Not Ready To Rule Ourselves. by MegaMan2020: 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2012
Sam Milla: After 52 Years, we Nigerians still

That's the easy way out. 52 years is not a long time at all. Do you think America became the place it is over night? Nope! It took hundreds of years. Your problem is that of many Africans, Impatience. Did you think Nigeria or anywhere else in frica would be a paradise after a mere 50 years? If you did you're stupid. Nigeria is still a baby, it has many years/decades before it fully matures. Running to the White man to govern for us only shows laziness in my opinion. Will do it ourselves, no matter how long it takes.
Re: Finally I Have Agreed That We Are Not Ready To Rule Ourselves. by MegaMan2020: 5:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
Callotti: Flood everywhere. . . people clinging to roof-tops.
Even OGBONGE Christians. . . . pastors and all. . . forgot to build 'NOAH'S ARKS'. . . . cheesy
No barry wanno die. . . . mu he he he he he

Abi una see rainbow. . .as una God take promise? tongue

Nau crocodile and water-snakes everywhere.

Even dried-fish nor dey again for market!

Because USELESS NIGERIANS cannot build/maintain dams!!!!

You that can only give mouth off on the Internet. You're part of Nigeria's problem. You play on the Internet all day and do nothing to better yourself.
Re: Finally I Have Agreed That We Are Not Ready To Rule Ourselves. by MegaMan2020: 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2012
Rossikk:

You're looking at it the wrong way. What you should be doing is comparing where we were say 30 or 40 years ago with where we are today in terms of indigenous participation in the areas you mentioned. 40 years ago, there were virtually NO Nigerian companies that engaged in tasks like road construction, oil drilling, factory production etc. Those tasks were conducted 100% by foreigners. Today, we can say maybe 65% or 70% of those tasks are performed by foreigners, with Nigerian firms performing the other 30-35%. Even that figure is set to rise especially with recent moves to increase local participation in the upstream sector of the oil industry... So we are making incremental progress. Allowing whites to come back and take over everything again, is a backward step, and thoroughly unhelpul.

Well said. Only a lazy minded individual would speak that way. They want Whites in charge because they know Whites will do everything for them, instead of them doing it for themselves. These lazy people are the ones that live in the diaspora and get government assistance money for doing nothing. I lived in London for 5 years, I've seen how many Nigerians (and Africans for that matter)there have turned into lazy people that don't want to work. Many of them get government welfare. The government in England allows these people to be lazy. That doesn't happen in Nigeria. In Nigeria, if you don't work, you don't eat. Simple as that.

(1) (Reply)

Eye Exam For Drivers Permit: The Good And The Ugly / If You're Living In The USA, And You're Igbo,the US Army, Have Something For You / The Ribadu Report And A Hopeless Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.