Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers (10874 Views)

Foreign Trained Graduates Meet Up-here / NYSC - Foreign Trained Graduates Requirements / Nysc 2010: Resource For Foreign-trained Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Jerri(f): 12:12am On Oct 19, 2012
Hello, this question is directed to all foreign trained graduates, who have come home for the National Youth Service,

Question: What decisions have you made for life after your service year, i.e., are you going back abroad or will you rather secure a job here in Nigeria? The reason why I'm asking is this, I'm finding it so difficult making my mind up on staying back and getting a job here though I'm fully aware of the global economy and job situation abroad and of course in Nigeria too. I completed my graduate studies before coming home for my service and have worked for several years with the retail and banking sector in Europe and N. America. I hold a dual citizenship (just in case you wonder what my options are). I just feel I will benefit from other opinions....shoot I feel my brain has been so fired lately!

Thanks for your time.....
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Geniero: 9:51am On Oct 19, 2012
I will advise you to relocate back after your service cos as it is here in Nigeria..getting the job is one thing,job security,fulfillment and a whole lot of factors comes into play..I wish I was as priviledge as you with all this choices...good luck and enjoy your service...eugenesly4sure@yahoo.com.
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Jerri(f): 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
Thanks Geniero, still exploring my options. Have a nice week
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Man51ut(m): 12:35am On Oct 23, 2012
I would basically apply for a crapload of jobs both in Nigeria and the country where you hold the citizenship. If you found something good here, might make sense to take it. It depends on the total package really and also what you want out of life. Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide.

1 Like

Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2012
If you have worked in the banking sector abroad, send ur CV across to several Nigerian banks, they will definitely employ you. Nigerians banks too like Obodo oyibo returnee.

Its a place i have been.
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by highlandre(m): 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2012
The truth is that foreign trained graduates still have an edge in the labour market. If I were you, I'd try get a job here, but if it aint worth it, nobody go tell me b4 I elope smiley.

Because 'A' didn't get a good job after NYSC doesn't mean 'B' would experience same. Anyways, God will lead you right.

3 Likes

Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by ochallo: 2:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
okpara ugo: If you have worked in the banking sector abroad, send ur CV across to several Nigerian banks, they will definitely employ you. Nigerians banks too like Obodo oyibo returnee.

Its a place i have been.

Yes they welcome you with open arms then prevent you from carrying out the stuff you learnt aboard , they would want you to begin to act in their crooked ways if not they would let you go.

it's a place i have been too.

3 Likes

Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by yuzedo: 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
i schooling in Harvard University, London. My daddy is soooo rich so i don't think about problem in life or working because we have Rose Roys and swimming pull.
Help me thank God, thank you Amadioha. kiss
So swerry, wuz yo numba?? wink

4 Likes

Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by ayee001: 3:03pm On Oct 30, 2012
sad
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Egbagirl(f): 3:03pm On Oct 30, 2012
yuzedo: i schooling in Harvard University, London. My daddy is soooo rich so i don't think about problem in life or working because we have Rose Roys and swimming pull.

Abeg if you wan lie, lie better lie biko. haba. lol
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by knightD: 3:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
Having stayed abroad for several years and yet hanging around here for roughly a year. I guess you are in the best position to take a decision, judging from the experience you have gathered in both place and the testimony of people you have come in contact with in recent times. Taking a decision also will depend on several other factors like marriage plans, further studies, mobility, quality of life and the likes. If you want a career of international standard, you are better off starting abroad..... the ball is in your court.
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by tirtimy: 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
Egba girl:

Abeg if you wan lie, lie better lie biko. haba. lol
Na joke now
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Egbagirl(f): 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
tirtimy:
Na joke now

that's why I lol-d at the end. I sabi say na joke.
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Kslib(m): 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2012
yuzedo: i schooling in Harvard University, London. My daddy is soooo rich so i don't think about problem in life or working because we have Rose Roys and swimming pull.
You wan take grammer finish my 15mb.. Your grammer suck mb pass youtube video..Abeg take your time oh.. HAZARD UNIVERSITY STUDENT...

3 Likes

Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by kinguwem: 3:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
The problem with working in Nigeria is the absence of job satisfaction. You may be frustrated out of the job if you are not crooked. Things are not always done frankly especially in MDAs.
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by specialguest(f): 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2012

No wonder you speak queen's english undecided
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Egbagirl(f): 3:24pm On Oct 30, 2012
hahahahahha People abeg make una free Yuzedo. Na joke o im dey joke. Haba. lol.

2 Likes

Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by yuzedo: 3:35pm On Oct 30, 2012
specialguest:

No wonder you speak queen's english undecided

Yes. Queen Elizabent is my nebor. i know her horseband.

Egba girl: hahahahahha People abeg make una free Yuzedo. Na joke o im dey joke. Haba. lol.
Sweerie, huh? Joke? I don't jokes wit morny o! My daddy is reach, very reach like his friend alaji dangote. i have iPad. so sweery, you married? Wuz yo numba? wink

3 Likes

Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by kokoye(m): 3:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
@OP

I believe in are in Nigeria at the moment..so why dont you test the waters and see what you are able to get?

If things dont work to your satisfaction, you can always leave.
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Egbagirl(f): 3:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
yuzedo:

Yes. Queen Elizabent is my nebor. i know her horseband.

Sweerie, huh? Joke? I don't jokes wit morny o! My daddy is reach, very reach like his friend alaji dangote. i have iPad. so sweery, you married? Wuz yo numba? wink

afi reach na. morny ko LOL. abeg, i never marry and I no get numba cry how we go do am? LOL.
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2012
omo foreign trained or no foreign trained no too matter for naija again o! nobody cares, its bout who u know. i came back to lagos after my bachelors thinking i will walk into a job as CEO of zenith straight! After 4 months of MAD hustle, nobody tell me before i relocate again. lol But seriously all am saying is have a PLAN first before u come back. There are WAY TOO MANY foreign trained graduates these days so its not really so special anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by anintia(m): 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
They are the ones that used to enjoy the best camp locations in the past but now, dont even expect that
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by odumdesmond: 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
Why do foreign trained graduate stil come home to seek for job in an already choked up labour market? I think once you have studied somewhere, its better you settle down there and get a job than job and scramble for few positions that are available for children of the less fortunate Nigerians. Here in Nigeria you need more education to survive, you must have that Nigerianness, that streetwise, smart nature of Nigerian tough environment! Otherwise the local hustlers here know how to conspire and make life miserable for you guys in the work place. Please you guys should just remain there while the local trained graduate hustle here for few posts available. Or abi them deport una come Naija, lol.

1 Like

Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by mimifonwon(f): 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2012
Jerri: Hello, this question is directed to all foreign trained graduates, who have come home for the National Youth Service,

Question: What decisions have you made for life after your service year, i.e., are you going back abroad or will you rather secure a job here in Nigeria? The reason why I'm asking is this, I'm finding it so difficult making my mind up on staying back and getting a job here though I'm fully aware of the global economy and job situation abroad and of course in Nigeria too. I completed my graduate studies before coming home for my service and have worked for several years with the retail and banking sector in Europe and N. America. I hold a dual citizenship (just in case you wonder what my options are). I just feel I will benefit from other opinions....shoot I feel my brain has been so fired lately!

Thanks for your time.....

personally i would recommend you stay back and get a good job as an expatriate or simply create you own business. I decided to wait till am done with my mba before going back to do my nysc. I wasnt born in nigeria, but i hold dual citizenship cuz of my parents and nigeria is like my second home. Personally having done so many community service hours for graduation during my undergrad in the usa, i dont think i should do youth service, but again i see it as service to the people and not the government. I think its mainly your choice, but i feel if you have made the decision to do youth service, then you should stay and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Just my two cents, plus you will always have better chance of getting a job in naija than a nigerian trained corper. And that is a fact, also depends on what your degree is in. Well good luck.

1 Like

Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by dridowu: 4:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
Geniero: I will advise you to relocate back after your service cos as it is here in Nigeria..getting the job is one thing,job security,fulfillment and a whole lot of factors comes into play..I wish I was as priviledge as you with all this choices...good luck and enjoy your service...eugenesly4sure@yahoo.com.
y u drop ur email. Shebi na question she ask NL ? She did not request 4 ur email. Dnt maga d lady o
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by stpat1(m): 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2012
Though I wonder why you're considering the Nigerian option. My dear I know you're trying to be patriotic but guy leave that thing. Its not worth. There are still some goods jobs in Nigeria though but I tell you, a job that will be worth your staying in Nigeria will not be easy to come by. Talking about banks, lol how do they pay bankers? Before you'll grow to a level you'll earn 300k ($2000) in the banking sector will take some time.

My dear I can list a million reasons why you should go back jare.
Wish you all the best in your decision.
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by dridowu: 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2012
Afta ur nysc , pls cari ur load waka pls. D job 4 9ja neva reach 9ja graduate. Pls kindly go bak to where u come from. Shikena
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by slimyem: 4:43pm On Oct 30, 2012
anintia: They are the ones that used to enjoy the best camp locations in the past but now, dont even expect that
They still do enjoy that...
They are usually posted to choose between Lagos/Abuja or any other state of their choice.
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by controlseven: 5:00pm On Oct 30, 2012
dridowu: Afta ur nysc , pls cari ur load waka pls. D job 4 9ja neva reach 9ja graduate. Pls kindly go bak to where u come from. Shikena
U dey vex ooo!

(1) (2) (Reply)

NYSC Batch B1b Call-up Letter Is Out! / Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo / 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.