Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? (12302 Views)

How Often Should Couples Have S£x? / Should Couples Have Individual Or Joint Bank Accounts? / Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by OCTAVO: 8:01am On Oct 19, 2012
Some school of thought will say there is nothing bad in this act, while others will say it‘s ungodly.

Please what‘s your own take?

Is it a right thing for COUPLES INTENDING TO MARRY to cohabit?

Sensible comments are invited,

please do not insult each other.
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Foxybone(m): 9:18am On Oct 19, 2012
FIRSSSSTTT AGAIN grin grin grin grin

If you want to live under the same roof with a girl you have not married then it is nothing new.... Mtchwww... It is very ungodly, just wait and see the kind of preaching you will receive on this topic.... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 19, 2012
It gives the man an ample opportunity to tidy her kpormor steady... grin

4 Likes

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:20am On Oct 19, 2012
Where is the romance in this? If its about being ungodly or not send it to the religion section jare.
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Iaz93: 9:21am On Oct 19, 2012
Cohabitin' must lead to pre marital sex, which is wrong, infact it's a sin. Except both of them decide to wait til after marriage. Which is almost impossible.

8 Likes

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 19, 2012
Its 'biblically' not right!
But its the best way to know ur partner inside-out!
Since they'r 'intending to marry', then they have to start sorting out new issues that occur, and things they never knew about each other.

4 Likes

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Iaz93: 9:22am On Oct 19, 2012
NEXT!!!

2 Likes

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Sike(m): 9:26am On Oct 19, 2012
Kini itumo CAHABIT?

1 Like

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by amyg(f): 9:27am On Oct 19, 2012
Ooooooooo!I hate dis.y is d school gate open nah?babies day out.mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Mredge: 9:27am On Oct 19, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: It gives the man an ample opportunity to tidy her kpormor steady... grin
As in eh! Lol
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by ITbomb(m): 9:31am On Oct 19, 2012
Yes

1 Like

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by 5much(m): 9:32am On Oct 19, 2012
it's biblically wrong but it gives both parties d opportunity to know each other inside out.a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage,remember.
if the couple hav bn having pre-marital sex,then there is no big deal but if they hav decided not to hav sex b4 marriage,living together is not advisable.different strokes for different folks.

1 Like

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by magiccheche: 9:35am On Oct 19, 2012
Foxybone: FIRSSSSTTT AGAIN grin grin grin grin

If you want to live under the same roof with a girl you have not married then it is nothing new.... Mtchwww... It is very ungodly, just wait and see the kind of preaching you will receive on this topic.... grin grin grin grin

Are you hi on something? angryIf you are the first,so what? Its shows how jobless you are.NONSENSE
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 19, 2012
No
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Birmingham(m): 9:38am On Oct 19, 2012
Yes. If it is to save money for the impending wedding ceremony. It could be to study each others cultural/religional differences. Cohabitation can checkmate excessiveness and arrest the issue of acclaimed cheating.
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by LailaIkeji1: 9:39am On Oct 19, 2012
I actually did, and it soo worked out for me.
we got married a year after living together and by november this year, we wld be celebrating our 4 years of marriage, 5 years of being together.
here are d goodnesses of it - 1. you guys get to kno each oda veryyyy well.
2. its kind of comfy really as far two of u understand wat u into n y u doing it n u two take it serious.

the badness: shit can happen. he/she can take u for granted and at the end, no marriage.
2. its morally, churchiously wrong.

dat it worked for one doesnt guarantee it will work for u.

its a gamble, risk. i took mine sha and thank God, am happy for it today bt i wnt open eye n tell smone else to do same cos it may nt work for u n u will blame me.

5 Likes

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by lolaluv1(f): 9:39am On Oct 19, 2012
No, it's not right.

Cohabiting also does not increase the likelihood of marriage.

I don't support such, and I will not be a party to such.

Why do people liken girls to cars, anyway? Okay, I'll humour y'all for a brief moment.

Any girl that allows herself to be 'test-driven' by different riders, all in the name of 'I am studying you' is on her own. Little by little, she is getting more mileage....
And we all know what happens to cars with high mileages....cheesy

Ok, enough! A girl is not a car! Kapish?
She is a human, fearfully and wonderfully made. Made to be a tower and not a swinging door any man can walk through.sad

20 Likes

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Naijapikin1: 9:39am On Oct 19, 2012
How in GODS name, am i supposed to study my wife to be, if we dont spend quality time together? Even sex takes getting used to, cos the more you do it, the more you discover better ways of satisfying each other. What happens if you keep sex away till the wedding night, and discover after the weddind that the both of you are not sexually compatible? Away mathc will start eh? Ah dont wanna cheat on ma wife so i better start TASTING now!... I don talk my own.

3 Likes

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by tellwisdom: 9:41am On Oct 19, 2012
What is cohabit??…Living together??
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by smallvill(m): 9:41am On Oct 19, 2012
I think it is good, so that you can know the habbits and behaveiors of eachother in the house, some boyfriends do not know that their babes are very dirty and lazy and cant even cook, but when you leave under one roof for some time every thing will come out on both sides, talking about sin please he who has no sin let him cast the first stone. cest fini

2 Likes

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by abdulkayus(m): 9:42am On Oct 19, 2012
Both in Islam and christianity, co habitin is wrong. Co habitin giv chance for pre marital sex which is a sin. Bt in dis world of nw, ppl wil tel u dat hw can dey buy car witout testin it. Ppl has switch d religion to suit their whims and caprices.

Bottom line is dat cohabitin is wrong.
CIAO

7 Likes

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by AntiGbagaun(f): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2012
magic cheche:

Are you [size=15pt]hi[/size] on something? angryIf you are the first,so what? Its shows how jobless you are.NONSENSE
angry angry
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by AntiGbagaun(f): 9:48am On Oct 19, 2012
smallvill: I think it is good, so that you can know the [size=15pt]habbits[/size] and [size=15pt]behaveiors[/size] of eachother in the house, some boyfriends do not know that their babes are very dirty and lazy and cant even cook, but when you [size=15pt]leave[/size] under one roof for some time every thing will come out on both sides, talking about sin please he who has no sin let him cast the first stone. cest fini
shocked shocked angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Foxybone(m): 9:48am On Oct 19, 2012
magic cheche:

Are you hi on something? angryIf you are the first,so what? Its shows how jobless you are.NONSENSE

May thunder bend you ugly manhood.... Look how you just drew attention on you because of opening you stinking mouth that faints even toilet flies. Better get a life dude because trying to criticize me will only cause you more harm than good.

I swear ko, if you contradict me again, I will make sure you COHABIT with a dog for five years.... IDIOT... Anuofia.... angry angry angry angry

Meanwhile, OP, I told you... Enough preaching get you but as someone said self, who opened the gate to the nursery school when it is not yet closing time.... MOD, A child is on the lose and he is using his uncles Laptop grin grin grin
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Smallville4live(m): 9:50am On Oct 19, 2012
Cohabiting is very very very wrong. Their is no justification in doing it.
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 19, 2012
smallvill: I think it is good, so that you can know the habbits and behaveiors of eachother in the house, some boyfriends do not know that their babes are very dirty and lazy and cant even cook, but when you leave under one roof for some time every thing will come out on both sides, talking about sin please he who has no sin let him cast the first stone. cest fini

Be deceiving yourself,you can never know a person too well.The word is NEVER!I know a couple that was cohabiting for nine years before they got married .Within a year into their marriage,they got separated and I begin to wonder what they didn't get to know about each other before they got married.

4 Likes

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 19, 2012
Foxybone:

May thunder bend you ugly manhood.... Look how you just drew attention on you because of opening you stinking mouth that faints even toilet flies. Better get a life dude because trying to criticize me will only cause you more harm than good.

I swear ko, if you contradict me again, I will make sure you COHABIT with a dog for five years.... IDIOT... Anuofia.... angry angry angry angry

Meanwhile, OP, I told you... Enough preaching get you but as someone said self, who opened the gate to the nursery school when it is not yet closing time.... MOD, A child is on the lose and he is using his uncles Laptop grin grin grin

I dey feel you joor,continue to be the first cos a prize awaits you @ the end. grin
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by AntiGbagaun(f): 9:52am On Oct 19, 2012
Foxybone:

Meanwhile, OP, I told you... Enough preaching get you but as someone said self, who opened the gate to the nursery school when it is not yet closing time.... MOD, A child is [size=15pt]on the lose[/size] and he is using his uncles Laptop grin grin grin
angry
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by magiccheche: 9:53am On Oct 19, 2012
Everything is wrong with it sad. Pretense cannot hide for too long. Most women tend to pretend alot before marriage but after marriage, my brother u will get to know the person u married whether she is good or bad. Staying together will avail both us them the opportunity to know yourselves, sexual capacity ad capability, how well she can cook and if she can manage the resources available at that point in time. If not controlled, it can lead to unwanted pregnancy at that point and u may begin to notice certain characteristics that u may not be able to live with in future. someone may say why not cope with it? Yes some men do pretend as well but believe me men are more real and open. Women can be so secretive grin,think in one direction unlike men that may consider certain actions before executing it if need be. Living together has its advantages and its disadvantages. cool
Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 19, 2012
In the Olden Days during the time of our ancestors whenever a woman is getting married , that's when she's going τ̅☺ her husband house she cries , have you ever asked why they do? It's because she's going τ̅☺ a place she has never been τ̅☺,but now women hardly cry, because they've been there for unaccountable number of times some have even lived there.
Back τ̅☺ to Topic
Op if both parties are ready to tie the knot anytime soon and there have been like a little intoduction not formal τ̅☺ both party Parents why not? But if na unto say bf and gf things abeg run for ya life,If and Only If one of the Partners have accommodation Problem, that one is "Hearable"

2 Likes

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by sunnshyn(f): 9:55am On Oct 19, 2012
Wait o, let me see.

Intending to marrying i.e all plans have been made: introduction, buying and preparing for the marriage /wedding?

Or

Intending to marry as in: he's put a ring on my finger, though I havnt met he's parents and he hasn't met mine. We need to live together so we know if things can work between us?

Or yet again

Intending to marry as in: no ring yet, but we will get married. Move in with me baby, let's see if it'll work out...

Truth is: in most cases especially in the western worlds the intendeds end up been "partners".

Its only logical to start getting used to living together, and start doing what married people do: fight, regular sex, make up, that they both get used to it and don't think the ceremony itself is necessary anymore...

For me, I wouldn't even want long courtship, 6months max, do our background checks, and God blesses the union..

Living together before marriage gini? Mba! I'll visit from time to time, Yes! That's it...

Isaac and Rebecca comes to mind..

4 Likes

Re: Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? by matrix789: 9:59am On Oct 19, 2012
what happens if she dies?
you are a suspect according to police?
you are a ritualist according to her people.
please what you will suffer will be much.
just go and marry and forget this co-habiting stuff

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

/ Why Do Some Girls Like Abusive Relationship? / My Experience Dating A Black American Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.