Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? (9322 Views)

Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? / Celebrating An Icon - Happy Birthday To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Prosperity Bath Spell, Money Ritual (harmless) Step By Step Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by OmoAlata(f): 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2012
Every year, my kids go trick or treating. I didn't mind as I thought it was fun stuff for children and they usually came back home laden down with sweets and treats.

Anyway, I've banned Halloween in our house this year as I think it's 'dark'. The kids say "it's only harmless fun, mum" but I'm not budging. What do you lot think?

Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2012
It is not fun, stop them immediately !

Halloween comes from the ancient pagan festival of Samhain that was practiced by the Celts and is celebrated by today's neopagans. The Celts believed that from sundown on the last day of the year to sunrise on the first day of the Celtic new year the veil between the land of the living and the land of the dead was at its thinnest, and thus the dead could enter the realm of the living. People wore masks and costumes to ward off the dead or keep them from recognizing the living. The Catholic Church adapted this holiday as All Saints Day, which honors dead people whose souls are supposedly still alive. This spurious idea has opened the door for much of the devilish activity associated with this holiday. Christians should either ignore Halloween or use the occasion to hand out Scripture verses door-to-door, or find some other way to share their faith amidst all the witchcraft, etc. that is promoted in conjunction with this day. [For further study read “The Dead Are Dead Until the Rapture or Resurrection” and/or listen to our free online seminar “Death & Resurrection to Life.”

http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1146

6 Likes

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by OmoAlata(f): 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2012
frosbel: It is not fun, stop them immediately !

Coming from frosbel shocked shocked Thanks dude grin
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by manmustwac(m): 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2012
Well its all harmless fun as far as am concerned. Your just depriving your kids of their childhood. Christmas to originated from a pagan celebration and everybody celebrates that.

5 Likes

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by eddy1977(m): 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2012
It's a great time to meet your neighbors and put bonbons in the hands of kids. Ultimately your decision is yours alone to make.do what you believe is right for you and for your family. Just like Christmas is a personal decision.those who celebrate it aren't right or wrong.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by OmoAlata(f): 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2012
Thanks. I've never thought it harmful as I know we don't worship satan in our house shocked but as I've started studying the word more and praying more, I'm beginning to doubt some certain things we've allowed. For instance, on the 1st of January, there's a tradition that a man should enter the house first, he should be carrying coal and bread and this will signify wealth throughout the new year. It's called first-footing. We've been doing this yearly, on my insistence, with my husband bearing the goodies grin However, I have banned it henceforth since believing it's not scriptural smiley And hubby is relieved cheesy
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by JeSoul(f): 4:12pm On Oct 19, 2012
I don't understand the point of halloween.

And this is not based on the "it has pagan roots" etc etc or else there is plenty in our lives (christians) we would not celebrate at all. Not everything has to be "scriptural" before you ban or not ban it.

My argument is on the surface, basic instinct - what is fun in the idea of celebrating terror, death, gore, blood, evil, horror, darkness etc etc?? I just don't see it. Our rational sensibilities would tell us that its odd - if not for society has accepted it as 'normal'. Someone will say its just fun for the kids to dress up & get candy - can't I give my kids candy without dressing them up in ridiculous looking costumes in the name of whatever?

^just my 2cents.

6 Likes

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 19, 2012
Omo Alata:

Coming from frosbel shocked shocked Thanks dude grin

Well, I am not perfect, nobody is , many of these holidays are steeped in pagan tradition with the involvement of witchcraft etc.

Honestly, every person for themselves but I will never let my kids engage in this stuff.

Blessings.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by OmoAlata(f): 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2012
Thanks everyone.

I'll tell the kids it's staying banned grin grin
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by OmoAlata(f): 4:21pm On Oct 19, 2012
frosbel:

Well, I am not perfect, nobody is

I'll make a confession frosbel. I thought you batted for the 'other side' shocked I've not been reading most of the threads you start on here as the topics are things like:

Jesus Christ IS NOT God

What If Jesus Didn’t Fully Die?

Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS

I just assumed ........... so when you posted on this thread condemning Halloween with a link, I checked out some of your threads and thought, "you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover"

So frosbel, my bruv, I apologise cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Iaz93: 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2012
Omo Alata we need to talk oh
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 19, 2012
Omo Alata: Thanks everyone.

I'll tell the kids it's staying banned grin grin

Poor kids. You can as well ban them from watching disney and nick and all the other kid channels since people say they are controlled by illuminatti.
Not even Dora the explorer is suitable.
Also ban them from celebrating christmas on the 25th of december since it also has pagan origins.
Then u can ban them from going to school because u never know who's who.
Please realise that inorder to raise healthy and happy children you should allow them go through the wonderful experiences that other kids go through. What memories would they be able to share with others and even your grand kids except ''Momma banned me from doing it. Never understood why.''

I mean, what harm has trick or treaty done to your kids apart from making them happy?

6 Likes

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2012
Ignorance is a disease.

Hating on Halloween? mtschew
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by OmoAlata(f): 9:45pm On Oct 19, 2012
inurmind:

What memories would they be able to share with others and even your grand kids except ''Momma banned me from doing it. Never understood why.''

My mum banned us from playing out in the snow when we were younger. We would be watching longingly at the other children all having snowball fights & building snowmen with our noses pressed to the windowpane. We're still here and still alive. It hasn't marred me in anyway. KMT lipsrsealed
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2012
I'm not saying that alone would seriously damage their adult lives.
All I'm saying is that if halloween is harmful, then so is every other thing. You might as well lock them up in a roman catholic boarding school.

Besides, in life its the little things that matters, especially when it comes to the vunerable mind of the modern human child. One thing can lead to another. You more than anybody should know about all the crazy things that happen in your country daily.
Anyway its your choice on how u want to raise your children.
Be wise and reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by OmoAlata(f): 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2012
inurmind: You might as well lock them up in a roman catholic boarding school.

Did you not hear of the recent scandal of catholic priests who had been molesting young boys? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by eddy1977(m): 12:57am On Oct 20, 2012
Let's not complicate issues here. It's very simple. Our sister is just trying to send boundaries and hallmarks for her family.
In my case i love Halloween,i celebrate it. I love handing out candies to the kids who stop by and trick a treat me. I love it.
But i will not crucify another person for shunning Halloween. My big nose wont just fit in other peoples business.

So, sister Omo Atala, you are the mother of your beautiful children, do what you judge right for them. You are still a great mother.

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by OmoAlata(f): 6:37am On Oct 20, 2012
eddy1977:

So, sister Omo Atala, you are the mother of your beautiful children, do what you judge right for them. You are still a great mother.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 20, 2012
Omo Alata:

God bless you
where did you get that gargantuan emoticon ? i need it grin grin

with regards to halloween ? scripture says

revelation 18 vs 4 Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

isaiah 52 vs 11 Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD.

2 corinthians 6 vs 17 Why come out from among them, and be you separate, said the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

the unclean things spoken off are the philosophies of this world. the world is handed to the wicked for a reason ( job 9 vs 24 )and all the present philosophies of the world are their birth-childs. philosophies like atheism, xmas, halloween, politics, organized religion, homosexulity, easter ( ishta ). you have to be a virgin if you want to be recieved. a virgin in that you are married to no philosophies of this world

rev 14 vs 4 They have kept themselves as pure as virgins, following the Lamb wherever he goes. They have been purchased from among the people on the earth as a special offering to God and to the Lamb. you gotta be a virgin. you cant be fornicating with the philosophies of this world. you have to come out of her if you dont want the impending plague to swallow you. we are on the verge of history. its about to get ugly

2 Likes

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Rich4god(m): 11:56am On Oct 20, 2012
Nothing is wrong in celebrating halloween... But if you decide to det boundries to your kids, its up to you.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Horus(m): 12:03pm On Oct 20, 2012
Omo Alata: Every year, my kids go trick or treating. I didn't mind as I thought it was fun stuff for children and they usually came back home laden down with sweets and treats.

Anyway, I've banned Halloween in our house this year as I think it's 'dark'. The kids say "it's only harmless fun, mum" but I'm not budging. What do you lot think?

Thank you smiley

Halloween is The Evil One’s Sabbats. Halloween is a European custom, which was brought to America in the nineteenth century by the Irish and the Scotish. Halloween is nothing more than a day of honor and tribute to Satan , the malevolent one. An organized coven of witches have two types of meetings a weekly “Esbat,” which is a meeting of the local coven and a “Sabbat,” which is a much larger feast. The word Sabbat is derived from the Aramic (Hebrew) word “to rest.” The word Sabbat as used by Satanic worshippers, attracts evil worshippers from all over the world and is held mainly four times a year.

February 2: Candlemas
August 1: Lammastide Day
October 31: Halloween
April 31: May Eve

The oldest Sabbats of them all, May Eve and Halloween belong to an ancient calendar which was based upon the mating times of animals. Other days on which the Sabbats are held are: New Year’s Day, Saint Thomas Day (December 21), Midsummer’s Eve (June 23), Christmas (December 25), and Easter. In Europe several places are known to be the gathering places for witches on their Sabbats. The Blocula in Sweden was one well known place, the Puy De Dome in France is another. The Harz Mountains, a famous region in Germany is the most well-known sacred spot for witches. The number in a coven of witches is traditionally thirteen. Twelve members and the thirteenth member is the Grand Master Azazl. The types of activities performed in these covens varies in degrees of rituals, rites and worship. As you will see, people like the Pope , and Queen of England and various political leaders of various countries and some members of the clergy gather at the major Sabbats to invoke the malevolent one. On each of these occasions a Black man is sacrificed. The witches light fires, dance and feast, and sacrifice on the nights of the Sabbats. The blood of the sacrificed victims is sprinkled all about the place. In the year 1970 AD, the public witch-in was held in Central Park, New York on Halloween during the evening hours.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by OmoAlata(f): 12:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
obadiah777: where did you get that gargantuan emoticon ? i need it grin grin

http://yoursmiles.org/

http://yoursmiles.org/t-religion.php
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2012
Rich4god: Nothing is wrong in celebrating halloween... But if you decide to det boundries to your kids, its up to you.

no surprise here, the pagan church has now endorsed a Pagan day as a holiday ( Halloween ) calling it all the All Saints' Day.

What a wicked and most demoniacally infested pagan institution.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2012
Omo Alata:

My mum banned us from playing out in the snow when we were younger. We would be watching longingly at the other children all having snowball fights & building snowmen with our noses pressed to the windowpane. We're still here and still alive. It hasn't marred me in anyway. KMT lipsrsealed

and you are comparing snowball fighting to halloween

Lord have mercy grin
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2012
Omo Alata:

I'll make a confession frosbel. I thought you batted for the 'other side' shocked I've not been reading most of the threads you start on here as the topics are things like:

Jesus Christ IS NOT God

What If Jesus Didn’t Fully Die?

Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS

I just assumed ........... so when you posted on this thread condemning Halloween with a link, I checked out some of your threads and thought, "you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover"

So frosbel, my bruv, I apologise cheesy

please don't apologise, like I said don't judge a book by it's cover.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 20, 2012
I want to make a thread making the case for Halloween for christians.

Would Frosbel and Omo Alata want to participate in the thread?

Or maybe you will dismiss me as an illogical atheist?
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by OmoAlata(f): 2:07pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Would Frosbel and Omo Alata want to participate in the thread?

Go on smiley
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by OmoAlata(f): 2:08pm On Oct 20, 2012
frosbel:

and you are comparing snowball fighting to halloween

Lord have mercy grin

I think snowball fighting is even worse as the snow fell most days that time - sometimes up to a month - and we'd be couped up indoors. Halloween is only one bladdie day in a year. The children will get over it.

Lord have mercy grin
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 20, 2012
Omo Alata:

Go on smiley

Okay, will make the thread. Hang on.
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by ijawkid(m): 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2012
What is halloween??

Where did it come from??.....
Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 20, 2012

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 20, 2012
ijawkid: What is halloween??

Where did it come from??.....

Here is the answer- comment on that thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1080087/re-halloween-christians-frosbel-omo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Covenant Christian Center Members Meet Here / Can Salvation Be Lost? Let's See : Hebrews 6:4-6 - Paul Ellis / Yoruba Hymn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.