Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,734 members, 7,806,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend (16371 Views)

Goat With Human Face In Kano, Dumped In Refuse Heap (Photos) / $30,000 Catacombo Coffin With Sound System & A Spotify Streaming Account / The Lottery Death Sentence: How $30 Million Lotto Winner Ended Up Broke And Murd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by Valiantvaliant(m): 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2012

This is the true life story of Sandeep Singh, a 22-year-old Massachusetts man nicknamed “Sunny,” who has been working two jobs to help support his family and was recently dumped by his girlfriend.

Hardly able to take in reality of his situation yet, Singh continually takes deep breaths while answering questions from reporters during most of the press conferences; he acknowledged that he was feeling “overwhelmed”. He also shared the touching story of how he has worked two jobs from the age of 14 to help his mother and sister pay the bills after his father passed away.

When he found out he had won, he said: “I was in my sister’s room on the computer reading the numbers… I didn’t know what to do. I dropped the ticket.”

Asked if he had any children, spouse or girlfriend, Singh noted his girlfriend had just left him: “She broke up with me, but right now, I’m not really worried about it… I was heartbroken at first, but now I’m getting over it.”

Of what he plans to do with his winnings Singh said, “Helping my mom with the mortgage, helping my family and, like, donating some money to the community; aside from that, nothing that I want to do, really.”

Sing had initially won $4 on a lotto scratch ticket and used the winnings to purchase four quick-pick Mega Millions tickets. He’s decided to take the $30.5 million in a lump sum, which the Boston Globe says will equal about $16.1 million after taxes.

Source:www.informationnigeria.org/2012/10/man-wins-30-million-lottery-shortly-after-being-dumped-by-girlfriend.html
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by ihebrooke(m): 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2012
OMG, his ex girlfriend must be feeling like she was hit by a tornado!

What a life, it is mainly in movies that we hear of such things.
Enjoy your money jare.

5 Likes

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by Freiburger(m): 7:42pm On Oct 19, 2012
That girl will do everything to ensure a reunification. grin
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by Callotti: 8:48pm On Oct 19, 2012
Na even ARAB sef. . . .
Small blokos!
Abeg carry ya money go!
Sheeeeeeeeeeesh.
Who wan follow 'TALIBAN' sef. . .
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. . . . . angry

6 Likes

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by 190theclown: 9:27pm On Oct 19, 2012
oh sheeeet!! and i was almost posting this topic too from my aol page

guess i wasnt fast enuf angry
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by soonpoint(m): 9:28pm On Oct 19, 2012
The girl na bad luck

2 Likes

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by 190theclown: 9:28pm On Oct 19, 2012
back to the topic

I know if na NIGERIAN girls - the gurl full family for don reach the guy GATE begin beg

make the man forgive their daughter

smh

16 Likes

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by fittty(m): 9:28pm On Oct 19, 2012
That's what you call goodluck! His b**tch was badluck and she certainly would be sulking wherever she's at...
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by onila(f): 9:29pm On Oct 19, 2012
190-the-clown:
back to the topic

I know if na NIGERIAN girls - the gurl full family for don reach the guy GATE begin beg

smh
grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2012
Touching Story.

#LessontoGirls - Before you dump that guy, check his pockets to see if he played the lottery. undecided (he just may win)

10 Likes

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 19, 2012
Wow, $30 million no be beans..good for him.
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by KINGwax(m): 9:32pm On Oct 19, 2012
190-the-clown:
back to the topic

smh
you're jes a somalian clown! Cos nigerian clowns are more intelligent even in their jokes. Why do u alwys have to gutter-mouth nigeria as if u aren't washin white men's toilet to make ends meet!

1 Like

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by Detonatorrex(m): 9:35pm On Oct 19, 2012
moral lesson:you have to let go of somethings to move ahead...if na naija dem 4 say d girlfriend na witch wey hold im prosperity down grin
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by ceeboy: 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2012
Lucky Chap...

But 47% tax...that's a lot oh.

2 Likes

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by goodjack(m): 9:37pm On Oct 19, 2012
Good one. Women no de calculate well. May be na big prick she don find go. Sorry for her

1 Like

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 19, 2012
190-the-clown:
back to the topic

smh
abi oo! The girl for don dey beg dey say na devil push am to dump the guy.im go say im eye don clear now.

Who say Baba Ijebu no be better thing?
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by patholaw: 9:39pm On Oct 19, 2012
But their tax 2 much oh...na y i like 9ja...
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by oubi: 9:41pm On Oct 19, 2012
Humans that we are will always find an event to attach it to..if it hadn't been his "girl friend" it probably would ђa√ع been "... Shortly after his father died." SMH.
aπd besides, the most important tin in every relationship is happyness. If the girl is happy whereeva she is, no regrets.
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by ektbear: 9:41pm On Oct 19, 2012
Callotti: Na even ARAB sef. . . .
Small blokos!
Abeg carry ya money go!
Sheeeeeeeeeeesh.
Who wan follow 'TALIBAN'sef. . .

No. His name is Sandeep Singh...so a Hindu or a Sikh. Wetin concern Hindu with Arab or Taliban cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by tissot84: 9:42pm On Oct 19, 2012
the ex girlfriend will pull a rihanna on him grin grin grin grin grin (by going on OPRAH WINFREY SHOW TO CRY)

1 Like

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by born2boink(m): 9:43pm On Oct 19, 2012
I hope say the girl no go commit suicide, chai, the babe na really badluck because if she had stay, the guy wouldn't have win the jackpot

1 Like

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by 190theclown: 9:44pm On Oct 19, 2012
KINGwax: you're jes a somalian clown! Cos nigerian clowns are more intelligent even in their jokes. Why do u alwys have to gutter-mouth nigeria as if u aren't washin white men's toilet to make ends meet!

are u talkin to me or your father

3 Likes

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by nagoma(m): 9:45pm On Oct 19, 2012
Callotti: Na even ARAB sef. . . .
Small blokos!
Abeg carry ya money go!
Sheeeeeeeeeeesh.
Who wan follow 'TALIBAN'sef. . .

An ARAB named Singh? How did you manage to write when you are clearly an illiterate?

4 Likes

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by 190theclown: 9:46pm On Oct 19, 2012
back to topic'

if all my 7 girlfriends should dump me for me to be $30K richer

abeg make them start to file out from my life starting from this nite kia kia angry angry

1 Like

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 19, 2012
No Biggie, the gal might be richer than the $30 Million...who knows? Love is not all about Money jare.

1 Like

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by dapmillz(m): 9:47pm On Oct 19, 2012
His girlfriend is gon be like a truck crushed her... ;DHis girlfriend is gon be like a truck crushed her...
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by freecocoa(f): 9:47pm On Oct 19, 2012
My own concern is why the tax equals almost half of the money?

3 Likes

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 19, 2012
Lucky guy. ''He is getting over it''

Why on earth wont he get over her? Most girls dont see beyond a foot.
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by ektbear: 9:51pm On Oct 19, 2012
freecocoa: My own concern is why the tax equals almost half of the money?

That is life in yankee.

The taxes he pays will go to maintain roads, schools, etc.
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 19, 2012
. . . . . If it takes my babe to leave me , to chop lotto, hmmmmm, make Usain Bolt come be her personal trainer abeg. . . . . . . . @Topic, d girl must be a badluck. . . Prayer Point : Every power delaying our blessings and success in dis life, hit ur head on d wall, somersault and run away IJN. Amen

1 Like

Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by freecocoa(f): 9:53pm On Oct 19, 2012
ekt_bear:

That is life in yankee.

The taxes he pays will go to maintain roads, schools, etc.
Oboy na wa o, I know the take their tax issues serious but isn't what he paid just too much?
Re: Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend by born2boink(m): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2012
freecocoa: Oboy na wa o, I know the take their tax issues serious but isn't what he paid just too much?
freetoto, wetin dey haPpen now, you bi dey hungry me to nak akpako but you were found missing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You / Ladies Only: I Am The Most Handsome Guy In The History Of Nairaland. / How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.