Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home (17132 Views)

High-profile Fraud: EFCC Probes Four Judges Frustrating Probe / JUST IN: Senator Osinakachukwu Ideozu Sacked By Court Of Appeal / BREAKING: Wanted Boko Haram Member Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by chally02(m): 9:44pm On Oct 19, 2012
A high-profile member of the Boko Haram sect has been arrested in the home of a senator in Maiduguri, Borno state, according to a statement from the military task force.

“A high-profile Boko Haram commander, one Shuaibu Mohammed Bama, who has been on the list of wanted terrorists … was arrested by task force troops in a serving senator’s house …,” the statement said of the arrest on Thursday.

“He is in the custody of the (task force) and assisting in the investigation and has since made startling revelations.”

In November 2011, Nigerian secret police said they had arrested an alleged Boko Haram spokesman with ties to Senator Aliyu Ndome. The alleged links however appeared to involve local politics in Nigeria’s northeast.

Nigerian authorities frequently exaggerate their efforts in arresting or cracking down on Boko Haram, which has carried out scores of bombings and shootings.

Violence linked to Boko Haram’s insurgency in northern and central Nigeria, including killings by security forces, is believed to have left more than 2,800 people dead since 2009.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/10/19/top-boko-haram-member-arrested-in-senators-house/
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by ebukaeze00(m): 9:46pm On Oct 19, 2012
i hope this is true this time
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by aljharem(m): 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2012
I hope the senator was arrested as well.
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by ozodimgba(m): 10:28pm On Oct 19, 2012
Senator Aliyu Ndoma Egba again? Something is fishy about this man and this dreaded sect. Either they want to ruin his political career; that is if this story is untrue but if otherwise, this man should tell Nigerians what he knew about this sect. This is the second time this man is been linked with this sect. This case should not be swept under the carpet because of the parties involved, whosoever that has hand in the death of over 2500 people including foreigners should be brought to book. There is no sacred cow this time, Nigerians and the word are watching Nigeria, the giant of Africa, which has won several awards in Africa and even the world in general, through the un peace keeping mission cannot maintain internal peace for herself. It is a pity i am ashame to be a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by cjrane: 11:04pm On Oct 19, 2012
Is this news?
President Jonathan had already said Boko haram was in government. You guys must think a whole President will make statements just to be funny?
We Know those who have used Boko Haram to make Nigeria ungovernable because Buhari lost. Those people are the financiers and undertakers of the Boko haram and GEJ knows who they are.

3 Likes

Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
ozo-dimgba:
Senator Aliyu Ndoma Egba again? Something is fishy about this man and this dreaded sect. Either they want to ruin his political career; that is if this story is untrue but if otherwise, this man should tell Nigerians what he knew about this sect. This is the second time this man is been linked with this sect. This case should not be swept under the carpet because of the parties involved, whosoever that has hand in the death of over 2500 people including foreigners should be brought to book. There is no sacred cow this time, Nigerians and the word are watching Nigeria, the giant of Africa, which has won several awards in Africa and even the world in general, through the un peace keeping mission cannot maintain internal peace for herself. It is a pity i am ashame to be a Nigerian.

Aliyu Ndoma Egba? Bros, why u concatenate their name like that? Ndoma Egba is from cross river n doesn't have any Aliyu attached to his name.. undecided
Ali Ndome is from Borno and represents Chibok/Damboa/Gwoza constituency!
Please meet that cashier outside n pay for the small lecture I just gave... U r welcome! wink

16 Likes

Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by sessydoo(m): 11:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
Na evrytime una dey arrest high profile member, still boko bois dey bomb evrywhere. make una park well jor...smh for this jungle city
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by Tenderly1(f): 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2012
Should i be happy or sad undecided
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by tlaret24(m): 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2012
pix pls:/ cuz seein is believein

1 Like

Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by kelvincoll(m): 11:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
undecided What's with the hidden detail? If they got their fact right it shud be exclusive and stop playing politics with an issue of national security.... A senator sha! shocked

1 Like

Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by takedat(m): 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2012
ozo-dimgba:
Bros which one is Aliyu Ndoma Egba? Ndoma Egba isn't from Maiduguri, the suspected senator with links to Boko Haram is Aliyu Ndume. This report has no name of the senator attached to it, but whoever it is he should be brought to book.
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by GARRIx7(m): 11:13pm On Oct 19, 2012
Y didn't these BAS.TAR.DS name the Senator!!!! Name D SWINE!!! FOO.LS!!!

If na area boy, dem go parade, show him face 4 news...

God punish all dem Ba.st.ards, they'll all die like dogs!!!

2 Likes

Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by plendil: 11:22pm On Oct 19, 2012
take dat: Bros which one is Aliyu Ndoma Egba? Ndoma Egba isn't from Maiduguri, the suspected senator with links to Boko Haram is Aliyu Ndume. This report has no name of the senator attached to it, but whoever it is he should be brought to book.

Abeg help me tell am. It most likely to be him.

but come to think of it, I though he was convicted, abi?
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by highlandre(m): 11:30pm On Oct 19, 2012
I don't know why this doesn't just surprise me. Boko Haram is a creation of some powerful Northern elites for reasons best know to them.

My prayer is that the tide of killings flying everywhere in this country will not touch you and I. Amen!
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by Ikechialex(m): 11:38pm On Oct 19, 2012
Una de make mi laugh Hahaha I wonda wen una go open eye, to c wen bh de use una heads. Every time de kill one bh for here small time for de, n una go believe dem! Wait mak I ask d ppl wer de stay for ds places abi de nor de nor get phone? Una de c pic or videos to confirm ds stories?
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by SkyBlue1: 11:46pm On Oct 19, 2012
Naija matter is getting very tiring abeg, I don't have the energy to be outraged. I bet nothing happens to the senator. People might just need to start practising jungle justice on politicians just to get a sense of justice. . .
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by kpencheruwe: 11:53pm On Oct 19, 2012
fake news no be this shaibu bama dem kill for yobe sometimes ago. always verify before posting.

2 Likes

Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 19, 2012
also on vanguard. what beat me is why is the name of the senator not named

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/high-profile-boko-haram-member-arrested-at-senators-home/
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 20, 2012
kpencheruwe: fake news no be this shaibu bama dem kill for yobe sometimes ago. always verify before posting.

My broda, like the one they killed is Habib Bama.

In the North, people use the name of their village, street, town etc as their surname.

It is not about catching a high profile member but how useful will he/she be in terms of intel.

I pray they get it right.

1 Like

Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by lacasa: 12:15am On Oct 20, 2012
Mtcheeeeu!!!.

Ali Ndume is roaming the streets in affluence (supposed Boko Haram sponsor undecided) ...yea right! grin

Kabiru Sokoto, since he was taken to Abuja (he vanished into oblivion undecided) ...yea right! grin

Suleiman Ogbomosho.. undecided

Bakaka (the "one-eyed commander undecided) ..yea right! grin

Abu Qaqa?? .. undecided

Abu-Darda?? .. undecided

.....BULLSHIT!! angry

"PDP=BOKO-HARAM" ..Gen. Andrew Owoye Azazi (Former National Security Adviser)

We dnt fall fσr cock & Bull stories from ds govt wink

2 Likes

Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by Drunk: 12:29am On Oct 20, 2012
ozo-dimgba:
Malam, please take your time to read and understand posts before rushing to say what your mind quickly conceives. First, the alleged Senator was not mentioned or named. So stop spreading misleading posts. Secondly, no Nigerian senator bears the above name in your post. Except if they have been "gay married" by you to bring about such name.
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 20, 2012
tchidi:

Aliyu Ndoma Egba? Bros, why u concatenate their name like that? Ndoma Egba is from cross river n doesn't have any Aliyu attached to his name.. undecided
Ali Ndome is from Borno and represents Chibok/Damboa/Gwoza constituency!
Please meet that cashier outside n pay for the small lecture I just gave... U r welcome! wink

It's Aliyu Ndume nt Ndoma...ok?
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by Akpan107(m): 12:34am On Oct 20, 2012
May be he went to collect some cash and direction for coming Sunday's operation, but God pass them!!

1 Like

Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by meksroland: 12:45am On Oct 20, 2012
Oya the time for the terrorism bill to be interpreted. Or maybe he led the BH memeber to be arrested if not let the terrorism bill be read now
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by passionate88: 12:59am On Oct 20, 2012
lacasa: "PDP=BOKO-HARAM" ..Gen. Andrew Owoye Azazi (Former National Security Adviser)
islam = boko haram.. (shekau, fighting for the IMPLEMENTATION OF SHARIA LAW ACROSS NIGERIA) nd we all knw sharia is islam..

2 Likes

Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by odoguigbo: 1:27am On Oct 20, 2012
We never know where we are going with Abokies in this country. But my quest is: what the government does to the senetor for hbouring a criminal?
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by Nobody: 3:05am On Oct 20, 2012
A senator who gets paid by nigerians is killing †ЂΞ very same nigerians who pay him! Ђδω wicked can one get? ǰUsτ Ђδω wicked & devilish! Gawd! & where †ЂΞ fuckin hell r those nigeria's hypocritic activist DINO MELAYE, EL RUFAI, TUNDE BAKARE & CO, always cryin because of GEJ! Where †ЂΞ hell r those bloody nigerian musicians EDRIS ABDULKAREEM & CO who were paid to troop out & sing their useless songs because of †ЂΞ removal of fuel subsidy by GEJ? Where †ЂΞ hell r those northern political imbeciles cryin abt JFT killin innocent people? Nigeria is a very stupid country! God! Wat am i doin here?
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by born2boink(m): 3:41am On Oct 20, 2012
No investigation needed to arrest others, this people are cow, nigeria already know their base , arrest and kill dem instantly, it is total war against boko haram
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by Nobody: 3:44am On Oct 20, 2012
and they didn't burn the mans house down like they did for the unlucky thirty?

1 Like

Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by kessyur: 4:50am On Oct 20, 2012
this guys should have listed the name of the damn senator.

www.allinksandtoners.com.ng
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by Nobody: 4:50am On Oct 20, 2012
2800 ppl dead, but no video... life goes on ...
Re: High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home by Turbocharged: 5:25am On Oct 20, 2012
ozo-dimgba:
Guy, u need to go back to school @least start from primary 1 & try to pay more attention to English Comprehension.

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Detains Lucky Igbinedion Over Alleged ₦1.6 Bilion Fraud / Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria / Kogi 2023: Pictures From Admiral Usman Jibrin Kogi East Ward To Ward Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.