Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

How I Avoid The Fuji War- Remi Aluko - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How I Avoid The Fuji War- Remi Aluko (4423 Views)

Naija Hip Hop Musicians Vs The Fuji Musicians Who Are More Richer? / Who's Richer?fuji Musicians Like Pasuma And R N B Singers Like 2face / Who Is Who In The Fuji House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Avoid The Fuji War- Remi Aluko by lekanolas: 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2012
How did you get the title, Igwe Fuji?

There was a lady I was dating way back. Her father was a king and she was the daughter he loved so much and he knew I was the one dating her then, he now said “Ah! You are the man dating my daughter and I love her so much.” He now gave me the title. He said, “from today on, you are now an Igwe, you are a king.” And my father, was also from a royal family. But I didn’t know then. So, when they were calling me Igwe, my father said truly I am a king because I am from a royal family.

But why Igwe? Why not Oba, since you are a Yoruba man?

I prefer Igwe. Yoruba have a way of reacting when someone is called a king. I don’t want problem with anyone because I’ve been bearing that name before anybody became the king of whatever, but I don’t like anything like argument, I hate quarrelling so I prefer Igwe to Oba.

Are you saying that if it were to be Oba, your colleagues would take it up with you?

Well, they may and they may not. It depends on how they feel, but I wouldn’t care if they do or not. But I just prefer that Igwe, because I’m a Fuji musician, and you know we Fuji musicians, we are Yoruba so we don’t have much Igbo fans, so I prefer to bear that Igwe to gain more fans.

Is the strategy working for you?

Yes, it’s helping me so much, because I’ve gone to perform in Asaba and Port Harcourt. You know we have some Igbo in Port Harcourt and Delta State, so it’s helping me really.

Is it your dislike for quarrel that made you distance yourself from the Fuji war?

I’m not a war musician. I’m not. I sing for my fans to think about life, that’s what I sing about. I’m not a war person. I’m just someone who can call himself a peacemaker. That’s me.

As a peacemaker, did you try to make peace between the aggrieved parties?

I tried but it’s not within my power. I’m sorry to say that but it’s because they are the biggest men in the business. We are still like … you know we have number one, number two, number three, number four, and we are still like number four, and number one is fighting, is it easy for the number four to come and settle it?

Most people see Fuji as music for thugs, riff-raff and suchlike. Is it true?

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/saturday-mirror/celebrity/how-i-avoid-the-fuji-war/

(1) (Reply)

Jennifer Lopez Ft. Maluma - "Pa' Ti" Mp3 Download Audio / Ghostmode: Phyno Vs Olamide / Download New Music: Timaya - Sanko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.