Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Ojukwu Gone, So Is Biafra? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Gone, So Is Biafra? (1267 Views)

Is Biafra Igbo? / Today Is Biafra Day / Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu Gone, So Is Biafra? by somegirl1: 11:06pm On Oct 20, 2012
I was thinking today, with the rise in greed, selfishness, corruption, wickedness etc in Nigeria and among Nigerians, should Biafra be a closed chapter?

I stand to be corrected but with Odumegwu Ojukwu's demise, I don't think we have any potential leaders left who are trustworthy and respected enough to rule serve a/the south east nation.

Plus I think it would take a new generation of Nigerians with brand new mindsets to bring about any significant change.

If Biafra were to materialize, what guarantee is there that it won't be a smaller sized Nigeria as it is today? corrupt, evil et al.
Re: Ojukwu Gone, So Is Biafra? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 20, 2012
Is Nigeria sustainable the way it's right now on the long run? Igbos need to start grooming objective and critical thinkers as leaders, who would be able to make intelligent and rational decisions(based on black consciousness) in future - without disrespecting its neighbours... The structure of Nigeria right now can't last for too long... So, Igbos should focus on Nation building and how they would survive the eventualities in the next phase of Nigeria's development - either regionalism, or disintegration..

Honest opinion!!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Gone, So Is Biafra? by UsamabinYamiri: 1:01am On Oct 21, 2012
I don't know why Nigerians are afraid of telling themselves a simple truth.
Nigeria is dead! A man who has a terminal illness will surely die!
The birth of Nigeria was plagued at first by the desire to secede by the Northerners because they were afraid of an educationally and economically dominant South.
The west and Awolowo followed suit and later demanded secession unless Lagos colony, which was administered independently of the Northern and Southern Protectorates was added to the Western Region.
The East, frustrated with developments in the land sought secession as a result of a coup carried out by nationalists but tagged an Igbo coup, brought untold calamities to her people.
Only the East has not been appeased in its demands for secession- which has always been a nation that is a meritocracy and where the rule of the law prevails.
What do we get for that?- We are tagged as second-class citizens in Nigeria and harassed all over the land. In fact if i may say so, Nigeria is slowly marching towards Tribal apartheid. What do you call it when Igbo who have been excluded from any true economic or political life are constantly massacred in the North simply because they are Igbo?

Marginalization of true Igbo ideals in the Nigerian political space is the rule of the game.
(what Igbo you see in Abuja now are sell-outs who are only interested in their pockets- and who use the name of the Igbo to give the government in Abuja, the fig leaf of Unity).

Now other ethnic nation in the country are making threats to secede, and the North feeling marginalized (i wonder why, after having governned for more than 35 out of 52 yrs) is using BOko Haram to threaten Nigeria.
The CIA are not fools when they predicted a worst- case scenario where Nigeria ceases to exist in 2015.

If Nigeria is to get it right, then a sovereign national conference that would delineate the role of the federal, state, and local governments, treasury/revenue allocation, the judiciary as well as secular/religious character of the state and the need for a non-ethnic national defense is clearly enunciated and adhered to.

The case where some are born to rule is unacceptable.
The case where the army is majority Hausa is unacceptable.
The case where people are slaughtered for a choice of the God they choose to serve is unacceptable.
The case where criminals are entrenched in the levers of government, and the judiciary is corruptible is unacceptable.
The case where the Federal government takes all the revenue but refuses to provide services, or worse deny them the right to develop airports or seaports for their economic emancipation is unacceptable.

This is a declaration that unless there is true federalism, then our federation is dead. If not now then surely.
You cannot have your foot on your neighbor's throat and hope to sleep soundly at night.

I will devote my time to developing a medical/disaster relief organisation, just because Nigeria may need it come 2015.
Re: Ojukwu Gone, So Is Biafra? by Transcriber: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2022
UsamabinYamiri:
I don't know why Nigerians are afraid of telling themselves a simple truth.
Nigeria is dead! A man who has a terminal illness will surely die!
The birth of Nigeria was plagued at first by the desire to secede by the Northerners because they were afraid of an educationally and economically dominant South.
The west and Awolowo followed suit and later demanded secession unless Lagos colony, which was administered independently of the Northern and Southern Protectorates was added to the Western Region.
The East, frustrated with developments in the land sought secession as a result of a coup carried out by nationalists but tagged an Igbo coup, brought untold calamities to her people.
Only the East has not been appeased in its demands for secession- which has always been a nation that is a meritocracy and where the rule of the law prevails.
What do we get for that?- We are tagged as second-class citizens in Nigeria and harassed all over the land. In fact if i may say so, Nigeria is slowly marching towards Tribal apartheid. What do you call it when Igbo who have been excluded from any true economic or political life are constantly massacred in the North simply because they are Igbo?

Marginalization of true Igbo ideals in the Nigerian political space is the rule of the game.
(what Igbo you see in Abuja now are sell-outs who are only interested in their pockets- and who use the name of the Igbo to give the government in Abuja, the fig leaf of Unity).

Now other ethnic nation in the country are making threats to secede, and the North feeling marginalized (i wonder why, after having governned for more than 35 out of 52 yrs) is using BOko Haram to threaten Nigeria.
The CIA are not fools when they predicted a worst- case scenario where Nigeria ceases to exist in 2015.

If Nigeria is to get it right, then a sovereign national conference that would delineate the role of the federal, state, and local governments, treasury/revenue allocation, the judiciary as well as secular/religious character of the state and the need for a non-ethnic national defense is clearly enunciated and adhered to.

The case where some are born to rule is unacceptable.
The case where the army is majority Hausa is unacceptable.
The case where people are slaughtered for a choice of the God they choose to serve is unacceptable.
The case where criminals are entrenched in the levers of government, and the judiciary is corruptible is unacceptable.
The case where the Federal government takes all the revenue but refuses to provide services, or worse deny them the right to develop airports or seaports for their economic emancipation is unacceptable.

This is a declaration that unless there is true federalism, then our federation is dead. If not now then surely.
You cannot have your foot on your neighbor's throat and hope to sleep soundly at night.

I will devote my time to developing a medical/disaster relief organisation, just because Nigeria may need it come 2015.

lol

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Hit GEJ Hard On Twitter Over Media Chat / Inec To Disqualify Willy Obiano(apga) From Contesting Anambra Election / ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.