Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,543 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy (3856 Views)

Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / How To Flash A Nokia Fone Without A Computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by queenet246(f): 10:15am On Oct 21, 2012
pls help me on how to browse with my laptop using my fone. the fone is asha 200.
needed urgently
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by Chikebrain: 3:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
queenet246: pls help me on how to browse with my laptop using my fone. the fone is asha 200.
needed urgently

Download nokia PC suite.
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by queenet246(f): 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
Chikebrain:

Download nokia PC suite.

tanx but is there no other way apart from dis?
my lappy dey give me wahala oooo. hp compaq nc6220
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by Chikebrain: 8:04pm On Oct 24, 2012
queenet246:

I doubt if there is another way except you use a usb modem. Could you explain the "wahala" your computer is giving so that i or any other computer guru could help.
Thanks
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by koseepaaro(m): 11:28pm On Oct 24, 2012
queenet246: pls help me on how to browse with my laptop using my fone. the fone is asha 200.
needed urgently
Though I`ve only browse using asha 200 by using the phone to access the net direct. Now, if you intend to use your asha phone to access the internet by connecting it to your lapy, here is what you will need to do: (1)get a nokia USB cable, (2) get nokia PC Suite or nokia OVI Suite [but I would prefer you get "OVI Suite" instead of PC Suite]. Here is the little thing you need to do to allow you start using your phone to browse with your lapy:

(1) install the nokia OVI Suite or nokia PC Suite on your lapy (do not connect your phone to your lapy yet).

(2)after you finish installing the suite on your lapy and you are sure that the software has been installed successfully by seeing this message on your lapy`s screen "Nokia PC Suite or OVI Suite has been successfully installed on your computer" (depends on the one you installed, whether PC Suite or OVI Suite), now connect your phone to the system using USB Cable.

(3)the last thing you will then need to do is to set the network settings in the nokia suite you just installed to make you start browsing.

Note: to set these setting, you will have to post it here the network you are using with your asha phone then I can post the settings here for you. I would be expecting your reply on the network you have in your asha phone.
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by koseepaaro(m): 11:44pm On Oct 24, 2012
queenet246:

Your lapy is giving you problem? How is it behaving? Is it giving you error message or another thing? But as with the Nokia Suite I mentioned above, if you can`t get it, I think I can give you OVI Suite provided you can download it yourself if I upload it to a free file sharing site. But only if you reside close to Yaba, Lagos, then, you can come and collect it on a CD for free.
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by queenet246(f): 7:04am On Oct 25, 2012
Chikebrain:

I doubt if there is another way except you use a usb modem. Could you
explain the "wahala" your computer is giving so that i or any other
computer guru could help.
Thanks

it says repair after i tried using windows xp cd in it. now its nt booting again.
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by queenet246(f): 7:05am On Oct 25, 2012
koseepaaro: Though I`ve only browse using asha 200 by using the
phone to access the net direct. Now, if you intend to use your asha
phone to access the internet by connecting it to your lapy, here is what
you will need to do: (1)get a nokia USB cable, (2) get nokia PC Suite
or nokia OVI Suite [but I would prefer you get "OVI Suite" instead of PC
Suite]. Here is the little thing you need to do to allow you start
using your phone to browse with your lapy: (1) install the nokia OVI
Suite or nokia PC Suite on your lapy (do not connect your phone to your
lapy yet). (2)after you finish installing the suite on your lapy and you
are sure that the software has been installed successfully by seeing
this message on your lapy`s screen "Nokia PC Suite or OVI Suite has been
successfully installed on your computer" (depends on the one you
installed, whether PC Suite or OVI Suite), now connect your phone to the
system using USB Cable. (3)the last thing you will then need to do is
to set the network settings in the nokia suite you just installed to
make you start browsing. Note: to set these setting, you will have to
post it here the network you are using with your asha phone then I can
post the settings here for you. I would be expecting your reply on the
network you have in your asha phone.

tanx dear. i will try dat after u have finally repaired my lappy
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by koseepaaro(m): 7:53am On Oct 25, 2012
ok
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by queenet246(f): 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2012
koseepaaro: ok

so are u repairing it for me now?
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by RexioKlasik(m): 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
queenet246:

it says repair after i tried using windows xp cd in it. now its nt booting again.
Nt 2 big a problem u got der...if d pc isnt bootin...u nid 2 get a bootable cd and run a new Operating System but b4 dat....try 2 create a backup 4 uf important files...cuz it may warant u reformattin d system....but try...bootin it again but if it doesnt...u let me kno
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by koseepaaro(m): 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2012
queenet246:

so are u repairing it for me now?
Repair your laptop for you? Believe me, I`ve told you that the problem you are having with your laptop is not what you can fix by yourself. Because I could sense it from your posts that you are not the "wiz" in computer (please, this my statement doesn`t mean that I`m abusing you). Take your system to a nearby computer technician in your area to have it fix for you. But mind you, not that I can`t fix your computer problem for you. Only that I don`t know where you reside. But if you are lucky enough and you reside around Yaba, Lagos State, then, you can tell me here so that I can tell you how you can locate me in Yaba or I drop my mobile number for you here. Then, you have your laptop fix for you under 3 hours while you wait (if you wish to) and collect it.
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by queenet246(f): 4:31am On Oct 29, 2012
koseepaaro: Repair your laptop for you? Believe me, I`ve told
you that the problem you are having with your laptop is not what you can
fix by yourself. Because I could sense it from your posts that you are
not the "wiz" in computer (please, this my statement doesn`t mean that
I`m abusing you). Take your system to a nearby computer technician in
your area to have it fix for you. But mind you, not that I can`t fix
your computer problem for you. Only that I don`t know where you reside.
But if you are lucky enough and you reside around Yaba, Lagos State,
then, you can tell me here so that I can tell you how you can locate me
in Yaba or I drop my mobile number for you here. Then, you have your
laptop fix for you under 3 hours while you wait (if you wish to) and
collect it.

tanx bt am nt in yaba anymore. am in the east now. though am nt a computer wiz bt i think i knw a little abt using the computer. what did u want me 2 do believe me i can do it. tanx a lot.
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by olempe(m): 1:19pm On Oct 29, 2012
koseepaaro: Though I`ve only browse using asha 200 by using the phone to access the net direct. Now, if you intend to use your asha phone to access the internet by connecting it to your lapy, here is what you will need to do: (1)get a nokia USB cable, (2) get nokia PC Suite or nokia OVI Suite [but I would prefer you get "OVI Suite" instead of PC Suite]. Here is the little thing you need to do to allow you start using your phone to browse with your lapy:

(1) install the nokia OVI Suite or nokia PC Suite on your lapy (do not connect your phone to your lapy yet).

(2)after you finish installing the suite on your lapy and you are sure that the software has been installed successfully by seeing this message on your lapy`s screen "Nokia PC Suite or OVI Suite has been successfully installed on your computer" (depends on the one you installed, whether PC Suite or OVI Suite), now connect your phone to the system using USB Cable.

(3)the last thing you will then need to do is to set the network settings in the nokia suite you just installed to make you start browsing.

Note: to set these setting, you will have to post it here the network you are using with your asha phone then I can post the settings here for you. I would be expecting your reply on the network you have in your asha phone.

I use Nokia C2 (3G), I have Novia OVI installed. Can it work? If yes, I use MTN, pls what's the settings.

Thanks.
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by koseepaaro(m): 10:07pm On Oct 29, 2012
olempe:

I use Nokia C2 (3G), I have Novia OVI installed. Can it work? If yes, I use MTN, pls what's the settings.

Thanks.
It can work. Just go to manual settings of the OVI Suite that you installed and input only Access Point Name which is web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net, leave other settings blank and try to connect like that. You should be connected now. Note: the OVI that you installed must be a latest version otherwise, when you connect you phone to your system, your phone would just be displaying that "you haven`t sellect USB mode on your phone". Good luck to you.
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by koseepaaro(m): 10:11pm On Oct 29, 2012
@queenet246, my best advice to you is that you should take your system to a nearby repair person in your area and let them have the problem fixed for you for a token.
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by finestdre: 7:08am On Oct 30, 2012
@koseepaaro,i'v pc suit on my laptop,i use Nokia 2700c and Airtel.pls what is the setting
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by koseepaaro(m): 2:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
finest-dre:
@koseepaaro,i'v pc suit on my laptop,i use Nokia 2700c and Airtel.pls what is the setting
just locate "manual settings" and input the following in the field called "APN" or "Access Point" internet.ng.airtel.com. Do not enter any information in both "User Name" and "Password" fields. Just leave them blank. Connect the PC Suite and you would be connected. Note: the PC Suite that you installed must be a latest tersion, otherwise, you might not be able to connect with it. Good luck to you.
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by finestdre: 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
@koseeparo,tank u 4 d info.....one more tin,does it posiable 4me 2 do free brosin on it......
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by koseepaaro(m): 7:27am On Nov 02, 2012
finest-dre:
@koseeparo,tank u 4 d info.....one more tin,does it posiable 4me 2 do free brosin on it......
I think so but I don`t have any trick for free browsing for it.
Re: Urgent Help!!! How To Browse Wit My Fone On My Lappy by jovoodoo(m): 1:27pm On Nov 07, 2012
For free and unlimited internet, click my signature

see proof

[flash=640,510]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmL2dKgkrrA[/flash]

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Use The Internet Download Manager / Cube Talk 9X U65GT 2048x1536 Android 4.2 Octa Core 1.7ghz 3G 9.7 Inch / Very Clean Hp Elitebook Revolve 810 G3 Core I5 8gb Ram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.