Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Where does Satan currently live? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where does Satan currently live? (4914 Views)

Does Satan Work For God? / Does Satan Really Exist? / Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2012
The first chapter of the book of Job talks about how Satan went to Heaven.

What was he doing in Heaven or does he currently reside there and waiting for final judgement before being banned & cast into the lake of burning sulphur?

Your views please. Biblical backings would be appreciated!

Thanks.
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 22, 2012
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Joagbaje(m): 5:54am On Oct 22, 2012
He is a Vagabond. Moves to and fro according to the bible

2 Likes

Re: Where does Satan currently live? by ijawkid(m): 6:10am On Oct 22, 2012
He lives within the vicinity of the earth...

Revelation 12:9,10,12..

9 The great dragon was hurled
down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or
Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He
was hurled to the" earth", and his angels with
him.
10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
“Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
who accuses them before our God day and
night,
has been hurled down
12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens
and you who dwell in them!
But woe to the "earth" and the sea,
because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury,
because he knows that his time is short.”

I guess revelation answers your question

1 Like

Re: Where does Satan currently live? by saintvc(m): 7:41am On Oct 22, 2012
Are u looking for his house adres?

1 Like

Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 22, 2012
saintvc: Are u looking for his house adres?

I don't need his address grin I was a little confused as to where he resides; because according to book of Job, he was also in Heaven when the angels came before the LORD. That got me wondering if he lives there; besides, the Bible also says he was cast out, so, I thought he was also banned from entering Heaven!
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 22, 2012
saintvc: Are u looking for his house adres?

Abi you get hin address grin grin some nairalanders are looking for him o! Make dem just blow hin brain comot grin
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 22, 2012
Joagbaje: He is a Vagabond. Moves to and fro according to the bible

Thanks bro.

ijawkid: He lives within the vicinity of the earth...

Revelation 12:9,10,12..

9 The great dragon was hurled
down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or
Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He
was hurled to the" earth", and his angels with
him.
10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
“Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
who accuses them before our God day and
night,
has been hurled down
12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens
and you who dwell in them!
But woe to the "earth" and the sea,
because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury,
because he knows that his time is short.”

I guess revelation answers your question

Thanks for the passages you posted. But I still think he is allowed in and out of Heaven anytime, according to what the book of Job says!
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Techwriter: 9:59am On Oct 22, 2012
Passages quoted above are correct. To tie them together:
1. Satan was cast down to the earth as already quoted above. On earth, he is referred to as the god/prince of this world(2Cor 4:4; Jn 14:30) a position Adam use to occupy until he sinned. For those of us born again, satan has no power over us because Jesus defeated him.

2. On earth he is a vagabond: he said it himself in Job 1:7; 2:2 when God asked him where he was coming from. He said he has been going to and fro, up and down. Peter confirms that satan walks about(wakaabout)1 Peter 5:7. Finally,

3. He still has access to Heaven and Hell In hell where he is completely in charge, In Heaven where he goes to accuse the brethren(Rev 12:10). Fortunately we have Jesus who is our advocate (1John 2:1)that speaks on our behalf before God(Heb 11:25). because God is a God of Justice, satan appeals to this attribute of God but Jesus appeals to His mercy attribute since he has has satisfied the claim of justice when he died on the cross and took the punishment we should have taken anytime satan accusses us and we are guilty. That's why the blood cleanses us.

1 Like

Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 22, 2012
^^^Thanks a lot for your input. Much appreciated!
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 22, 2012
seriallink: The first chapter of the book of Job talks about how Satan went to Heaven.

What was he doing in Heaven or does he currently reside there and waiting for final judgement before being banned & cast into the lake of burning sulphur?

Your views please. Biblical backings would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Seriously,do you believe all the lies your pastor tells you every Sunday? Why not bother yourself with creative ideas and how make a positive impact to your environment. Stop thinking like a Bonobo!
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 2:50am On Oct 23, 2012
ifeness:

Seriously,do you believe all the lies your pastor tells you every Sunday? Why not bother yourself with creative ideas and how make a positive impact to your environment. Stop thinking like a Bonobo!

There you go again! Unfortunately, I don't attend any church; I read my Bible @home and practice it. And who told you being religious would stop one from being creative and productive? Why do you guys bother so much about us when you do not believe in the existence of God? Joblessness, I guess!

Babylonian heathen!
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 3:58am On Oct 23, 2012
in every man on earth. some moreso than others. scary huh ? lol
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Kay17: 5:29am On Oct 23, 2012
Or probably Satan referred here is an angel of mischief like the angel of death is. A angel/servant of God doing God's wishes. The Old testament doesn't paint much of the Devil picture we have now.

God did both good and evil all by himself.
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 23, 2012
^^^^Are you implying that Satan works for God That's blasphemy brah! Satan is God's arch-enemy.

God doesn't do evil; what you call God's evil are the weapons of war He uses when fighting anything satanic.

The LORD is a man of war; the LORD is His name :- Exodus 15:3
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by CrazyMan(m): 10:40am On Oct 23, 2012
seriallink: ^^^^Are you implying that Satan works for God That's blasphemy brah! Satan is God's arch-enemy.

God doesn't do evil; what you call God's evil are the weapons of war He uses when fighting anything satanic.

The LORD is a man of war; the LORD is His name :- Exodus 15:3
No bro...he actually works for God.

God uses him to punish back sliding christians.
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 23, 2012
CrazyMan:
No bro...he actually works for God.

God uses him to punish back sliding christians.

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all things :- Isaiah 45:7

^^^^I think the passage above suggests that God do all things with His power & not with the help of satan! So, I don't think satan works for Him~!
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by ijawkid(m): 11:25am On Oct 23, 2012
seriallink:

Thanks bro.

Thanks for the passages you posted. But I still think he is allowed in and out of Heaven anytime, according to what the book of Job says!

The occurence in revelation happened after Jesus' ressurection and ascension....

So there is no way satan has access to the heavens any longer...he has been cast down for good....

1 Like

Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 23, 2012
^^^ Thanks for that post bro!
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by seyibrown(f): 2:34pm On Oct 23, 2012
Mecca in Saudi Arabia .. that's why millions of people go there every year to stone him! cool

3 Likes

Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2012
seyibrown: Mecca in Saudi Arabia .. that's why millions of people go there every year to stone him! cool

grin grin Very funny grin grin
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
seyibrown: Mecca in Saudi Arabia .. that's why millions of people go there every year to stone him! cool
grin grin
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by CrazyMan(m): 11:25pm On Oct 24, 2012
seriallink: I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all things :- Isaiah 45:7

^^^^I think the passage above suggests that God do all things with His power & not with the help of satan! So, I don't think satan works for Him~!
Your wrong my dear...God is to holy to behold iniquity.

Satan is just a creature God uses to accomplish certain tasks...read your bible properly.
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 24, 2012
CrazyMan:

Satan is just a creature God uses to accomplish certain tasks...read your bible properly.

Are you saying this :

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].

Is wrong?

Btw, I never said God is evil! Check my post again. The Devil doesn't work for God~! The Lord knows everything.

Exo 15:3 The LORD [is] a man of war: the LORD [is] his name.
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 24, 2012
CrazyMan:

God is holy, that doesn't make Him weak! He fight wars too. If a soldier kills during a war, does that make him evil or a murderer?

Job 38:22-23
“Have you entered the storehouses of the snow or seen the storehouses of the hail, which I reserve for times of trouble, for days of war and battle?
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by CrazyMan(m): 12:45am On Oct 25, 2012
If the devil doesn't work for God, then explain Job 2-3.
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by CrazyMan(m): 12:50am On Oct 25, 2012
seriallink: Are you saying this :

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].
That evil is satan.

And God uses him to punish backsliding believers.

seriallink: Btw, I never said God is evil! Check my post again. The Devil doesn't work for God~! The Lord knows everything.

Exo 15:3 The LORD [is] a man of war: the LORD [is] his name.
If the devil doesn't work for God, why did God grant him permission to test Job?
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 25, 2012
^^^^@Crazyman,

Job 2:3 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that [there is] none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.

The above passage clearly shows that Satan moved the LORD against Job. I guess that was why Jesus said whenever we pray we should ask the LORD to lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil (Matthew 6:13).

Job's issue was a clear case of temptation, God let that happened because he knew Job would overcome it. The LORD fights His enemies (Satan and his servants - both humans and fallen angels) with His own weapons and not with the help of the Satan.

Are you saying Satan did this:

2Kings 19:35 And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they [were] all dead corpses.

Exodus 12:23: For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORDD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite [you].

and this too : >

1Chronicles 21:15-16 And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite. And David lifted up his eyes, and saw the angel of the LORDD stand between the earth and the heaven, having a drawn sword in his hand stretched out over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders [of Israel, who were] clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces.

Brah, I'm more than 100% convinced that Satan doesn't work for God! The LORD is holy which is why He hates evil & fights it with His weapons of war! He doesn't need Satan to help Him.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Where does Satan currently live? by CrazyMan(m): 9:48am On Oct 25, 2012
seriallink: ^^^^@Crazyman,

Job 2:3 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that [there is] none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.
Nice of you to post it here.

Now I would suggest that you read it a second time. God was planing to test Job, and he knew that satan was the right man for the work, hence his boasting.

Satan is the accuser of the brethren. (Revelation 12:10) he brings up accusations against believers and tells God why they must be punished.

God being holy cannot carry out the job himself, so he gives the contract to satan whom he feels would execute it much better.

See this passage below...

1 kings 22:20-22. And the Lord said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth–gilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the Lord, and said, I will persuade him. 22 And the Lord said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

seriallink: The above passage clearly shows that Satan moved the LORD against Job. I guess that was why Jesus said whenever we pray we should ask the LORD to lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil (Matthew 6:13).
That's exactly why he's referred to as the accuser of the brethren in revelation 12:10.

seriallink: Job's issue was a clear case of temptation, God let that happened because he knew Job would overcome it. The LORD fights His enemies (Satan and his servants - both humans and fallen angels) with His own weapons and not with the help of the Satan.
You're wrong again my dear.

There are times when God allows satan tempt man, and man fails. A typical example is the case of Adam.

Psalm 34:7  The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
Now from the passage above, one would wonder how satan gained access into the garden of eden to tempt man which was created in the image and likeness of God, and had God's blessings and protection.

The simple answer is that God permitted him...God wanted to know if indeed Adam really obeyed him, or adam was just answering him yes sir simply because he is God.

Take a look at Jesus...

philippians 2:10. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

I would ask you...if satan doesn't work for God, what authority would he have to approach Jesus in

[b] Matthew 4:1-10.  Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. 5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, 6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. 7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. 8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. [/b]

Let me enlighten you a bit, because I'm already perceiving your seeming ignorance.

Satan took permission from God to tempt Jesus...cos without God's permission, satan won't have the power to come within 10 yards of Jesus presence.

Hear his confession in verse 6...satan is aware that Jesus is surrounded by Angels, but for that moment during which the temptation occurred, Jesus was vulnerable.

If you take your time to read the new testament properly, you'll find out that Jesus wasn't tempeted again by the devil. Which meant that his one and only temptation was masterminded by God and executed by satan.

seriallink: Are you saying Satan did this:

2Kings 19:35 And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they [were] all dead corpses.

Exodus 12:23: For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORDD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite [you].

and this too : >

1Chronicles 21:15-16 And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite. And David lifted up his eyes, and saw the angel of the LORDD stand between the earth and the heaven, having a drawn sword in his hand stretched out over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders [of Israel, who were] clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces.

Brah, I'm more than 100% convinced that Satan doesn't work for God! The LORD is holy which is why He hates evil & fights it with His weapons of war! He doesn't need Satan to help Him.

Peace
I'm not talking about war and battles...I'm talking about individual temptations.

God gave the children of Israel victory over their enemies, because he loves them and has a sworn covenant with them.

My argument isn't about battles, its about individuals...see this passage.

Zechariah 3:1-4. And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.2 And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire? 3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel. 4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

Read this passage carefully, and compare it to Job's case, you'll find out that they're similar.

The only difference is that God granted satan permission in the case of Job, and refused him in the case of Joshua.

Satan works for God...and if you read your bible properly, you'll agree with me.

Peace.
Re: Where does Satan currently live? by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 25, 2012
^^^@Crazyman,

Well, I'll agree with you in the case of temptation; which is why we pray that God shouldn't lead us into temptation but deliver us from evil (Matthew 6:13). I think that prayer alone nullifies any temptation that God would want to bring to us through Satan or any accussation Satan would want to bring before God to allow him test us.

So, to say Satan works for God in a direct sense would mean that he (Satan) is doing the will of God to please Him (God) & not for the sake of accussing believers to justify his rebellion against God before he was kicked out of Heaven.

I'm creating a thread on this. I'd like to know other people's opinions about this too.

Peace!

(1) (Reply)

Wearing The Hijab Makes Me Feel Liberated Not Oppressed / Mfm Prayer Points: 7 Furious Prayers For March 2018 / Today's St Patrick's Day: Nigeria's Patron Saint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.