Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,912 members, 7,802,970 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. (10813 Views)

Victor Anichebe Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today! / Anichebe Slams Kit Harington, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor For Snubbing Him / West Brom signs Victor Anichebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by AkpuNku2: 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2012
all this Man U haters should go and hug a naked wire
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by Anyigala(m): 1:58pm On Oct 22, 2012
Rio Ferdinand and his fellow black players got it so wrong. By chosing not to support the campaign, they have done more harm to the cause than good. I am sorry to say this but Ferdinand is not the brightest person around.

They failed to see the bigger picture here, EPL and FA has done so much to fight racism in football than any other country in Europe and should be supported not undermined by some childish militancy from the people that should be throwing their weight behind it.

Terry's case was different because he denied that he made a racist comment. FA took the Captainship from him even before they heard his case. They allowed the police to press charges of which if had been convicted would have resulted to a more severe punishment both from the law and FA. However, he won the case and the FA still punished him after the court had acquited him. To bury the matter, he accepted their verdict and issued an apology.

When Man U sack him i will like him to go to Italy or Spain, there he will see how far England has come in tackling raicism in football and the society in general.

1 Like

Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by AkpuNku2: 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: The defenders thought he would cross to the guy (Welbeck - you can't even spell his name) that is not a threat to score and left the hottest player/ EPL highest goal scorer that is closer to the post. That is not true.

U are an Idi.ot
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by AkpuNku2: 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2012
Anyigala: Rio Ferdinand and his fellow black players got it so wrong. By chosing not to support the campaign, they have done more harm to the cause than good. I am sorry to say this but Ferdinand is not the brightest person around.

They failed to see the bigger picture here, EPL and FA has done so much to fight racism in football than any other country in Europe and should be supported not undermined by some childish militancy from the people that should be throwing their weight behind it.

Terry's case was different because he denied that he made a racist comment. FA took the Captainship from him even before they heard his case. They allowed the police to press charges of which if had been convicted would have resulted to a more severe punishment both from the law and FA. However, he won the case and the FA still punished him after the court had acquited him. To bury the matter, he accepted their verdict and issued an apology.

When Man U sack him i will like him to go to Italy or Spain, there he will see how far England has come in tackling raicism in football and the society in general.

Ibu atulu awusa
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2012
vislabraye:

That's a funny reason don't you think so? Is Nation's cup an annual event?
Even the black player(Evra) playing in his team is not highly regarded as the other players. How much does he earn?
the truth is that SAF isn't racist but is preferential to some players and doesn't like African players. You can tell by how he nurtured Giggs and Scholes. Kicking out Yorke and Andy Cole. The way he plays Welbeck(Who is black) and leaves Chicarito(who is white) on the bench. That is because Welbeck is English. Finally the way he treated Mame Biram Diouf was too bad, that is because he is African
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by 12large1: 2:47pm On Oct 22, 2012
typical black always wanna start a fight then scream racism. my friend gtfoh if someone calls me a fool i would say anything that will piss him off period i dont care whether is a racist comment or wicked comment. is just like america there is a rapper called plies he made a song called 'becky", talking about a woman s.u.cking a man dick in reference to white people because becky is one of the most common white names it was found as being funny, few months later a white rapper called MGK made a statement saying he love black gurls because they give the best head. he was called racist. you see the double standard. you guys come on nairaland everyday making tribal remarks when we are in a heated argument and you want make dem kill terry my friend una dey craze. he without sin cast the first stone. ferdinand shouldnt had insulted terry.
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:55pm On Oct 22, 2012
Rooney floated the ball out to Valencia on the right and the Ecuadorian shimmied right to left before fizzing in a low cross, which Van Persie was on hand to turn past Begovic. He was unmarked at the front post and you'd imagine that Tony Pulis will not be very happy with that

This is from Sportsmole.co.uk commentary.

Unmarked at the near post, Van Persie makes it look easy as he adjusts his body to steer Valencia's pass past Begovic and put United in front on the scoreboard.

From Skysports website.

Yet some of you are making it look as if I am making things up. cool
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 22, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: the truth is that SAF isn't racist but is preferential to some players and doesn't like African players. You can tell by how he nurtured Giggs and Scholes. Kicking out Yorke and Andy Cole. The way he plays Welbeck(Who is black) and leaves Chicarito(who is white) on the bench. That is because Welbeck is English. Finally the way he treated Mame Biram Diouf was too bad, that is because he is African

Where did they get people like this from? You make an argument and counter your own argument in the same sentence. Btw Andy Cole is english as well. Giggs and Scholes were academy players and never bought unlike Yorke and Andy Cole
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by dlox147(m): 3:00pm On Oct 22, 2012
A-ZeD:

SAF does'nt buy Africans because of Nations cup.
. And all the oda clubs are jokers!so u punish them cos the African fa won't let the west decide 4 Dem
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
bermuda1:

Where did they get people like this from? You make an argument and counter your own argument in the same sentence. Btw Andy Cole is english as well. Giggs and Scholes were academy players and never bought unlike Yorke and Andy Cole

He let Yorke and Cole go because he didn't like them, not because he is racist. He like Giggs and Scholes. Just like he doesn't like Nani but likes Valencia. That is why he bought Valencia, when he already had Nani and made Nani play on the left where it won't favor him.

When Valencia broke his leg, SAF went to the hospital and visited him. He stayed for a while with Valencia at the hospital. When he was living, he told Valencia that no one will take his place in Man Utd. SAF was referring to Nani.

The way SAF stayed at the hospital with Valencia (a black man) shows he isn't racist but preferential to some players. Not minding their talent. Just like Rooney and G. Rossi, Pique and Evans.
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:11pm On Oct 22, 2012
bermuda1:

When Welbeck was a kid at the academy, SAF said, "if Welbeck doesn't become a star, he will close down the academy". It shows he already likes the kid. He didn't like Andy Cole. That is why when Solksjaer was living and Andy Cole wanted to be the attacking coach of Man Utd, SAF refused.

Now he has allowed Nicky Butt who had a long career at Man Utd because SAF likes him to become a coach in Man Utd.

I am saying he is preferential not racist. Show me where I contradicted myself.
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2012
bermuda1:

Maybe this is your problem. "That is because Welbeck is English", okay I'll rephrase it better. "Maybe because he is english". Hope that is better.
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 22, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Maybe this is your problem. "That is because Welbeck is English", okay I'll rephrase it better. "Maybe because he is english". Hope that is better.

what is your point exactly? SAF is not even English
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by BrutusOj(m): 3:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
if racists re to be fished out in Nigeria,I tink 98% wud be goten from Nairaland.I have gone tru all d coments on dis tread.Some of u can't just xpress ur opinion witout insultin ppl.pls,kindly learn to type witout insults..haba sad

1 Like

Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:39pm On Oct 22, 2012
bermuda1:

what is your point exactly? SAF is not even English

Okay British, by the way I am not saying he is doing it based on nationality. I was replying your comment. You said I contradicted my self.

All I am saying SAF has his problems that make him look racist but he isn't. You can tell from when Carlos Queiroz coached Man Utd on two occasions. When Carlos Queiroz came in the first time - You had players like Djemba Djemba, Fortune, Kleberson, Veron including Young Ronaldo. When he left to Real Madrid(ie Queiroz), Ferguson kicked out most of them. It wasn't a racial move but his preference of players.

Second coming of Queiroz we had players like Nani, Anderson, Tevez, Fabio and Rafael, Rodrigo Possebon, Adem Ljajic. When Queiroz went to coach Portugal, many were dropped from the team.

I am saying SAF isn't racist but prefers some players to others.
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
BrutusOj: if racists re to be fished out in Nigeria,I tink 98% wud be goten from Nairaland.I have gone tru all d coments on dis tread.Some of u can't just xpress ur opinion witout insultin ppl.pls,kindly learn to type witout insults..haba sad

Kindly learn to read through what you have written before posting. If possible also use spell check
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by james1(m): 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2012
I strictly believe its because a lot of people worry themselves sick with racist this,racist that,that's even fueling the flames of racism.
...And they make a very big deal out of this racism stuff in europe especially.
The guy in question was on point about his decision though.

1 Like

Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by cheddarking(m): 3:58pm On Oct 22, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Okay British, by the way I am not saying he is doing it based on nationality. I was replying your comment. You said I contradicted my self.

All I am saying SAF has his problems that make him look racist but he isn't. You can tell from when Carlos Queiroz coached Man Utd on two occasions. When Carlos Queiroz came in the first time - You had players like Djemba Djemba, Fortune, Kleberson, Veron including Young Ronaldo. When he left to Real Madrid(ie Queiroz), Ferguson kicked out most of them. It wasn't a racial move but his preference of players.

Second coming of Queiroz we had players like Nani, Anderson, Tevez, Fabio and Rafael, Rodrigo Possebon, Adem Ljajic. When Queiroz went to coach Portugal, many were dropped from the team.

I am saying SAF isn't racist but prefers some players to others.

And you're point is?

Is there any Manager anywhere that doesnt have his preferred set of players?
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by buoye1(m): 4:12pm On Oct 22, 2012
rhema4u: I stand to be corrected, am not a United fan... Buh, when was the last time an African played under Ferguson Song just left arsenal, Newcastle has Africans, Chelsea does, Wedt brom too, Mancity has the Toure Brothers, United which? Ferguson should not kill ferdinand Oº°˚˚°ºO....#kickracismout ni..#kickracismout ko. Mtchewww.
U are just spitin nonsense here........who signed Mikel 1st b4 mourinho snatched him?Evra was born in dakkar senegal he nationalised himslf to france....is Ferdinard a white player...Welbeck is a Ghanian bt opted to play 4 england...DANiEL MENSAH WELBEck......u jx enter NL and post senseless posts mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew.
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by stagger: 4:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
1025:

my brother, it is quite unfortunate that we find ourselves here but epl is crap with a lot of fraudulent decisions here and there. i am a chelsea fan yet, i demand to know why fa had to wait this long before deciding terry's man unlike the way saurez issue was handled. again, u want to kick out recism, henderson costed liverpool 20 million, torres - 50 million while demba ba is at 7 million. kick out ferguson because he is the chief racist in england.

Only Chelsea fans reason like this. A club that is not even as decorated as Nottingham Forest or Aston Villa, before you even come to the true big boys. You probably just started watching football 2 years ago. My first Man U vs Man City match was watched in 1984. Grow up and get a life.
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by 1313(m): 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: I'm fully with you guys. It is not about wearing a T-Shirt but imposing stricter rules.

By the way, Van Persie's goal yesterday was totally fixed. Five players ran away from RVP for Valencia to cross to him. That is by the way the highest goal scorer in the league. EPL also needs match fixing investigation also. Dirty league.
why are you the only one saying this unfounded statement? Why will five players run away from a player so that He can score? That is the worst Kind of match fixing that can ever happen but it's bad dat it happen inside your mind cos I watch that match throughout n there was nothing like that. Pls reason properly
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by vislabraye(m): 5:43pm On Oct 22, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: the truth is that SAF isn't racist but is preferential to some players and doesn't like African players. You can tell by how he nurtured Giggs and Scholes. Kicking out Yorke and Andy Cole. The way he plays Welbeck(Who is black) and leaves Chicarito(who is white) on the bench. That is because Welbeck is English. Finally the way he treated Mame Biram Diouf was too bad, that is because he is African

We are saying the same thing. Or should I say he's Anglophilia or loves anything close to white.
Why would he not like African players? That's exactly what I'm saying. Or can you say that there are no world class African players. Even African Europeans is very scarce apart from Evra.
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2012
1313: why are you the only one saying this unfounded statement? Why will five players run away from a player so that He can score? That is the worst Kind of match fixing that can ever happen but it's bad dat it happen inside your mind cos I watch that match throughout n there was nothing like that. Pls reason properly

Go on goal.com review of the match. Read the comments there. Many people complained of the lack of ambition the Stoke FC players showed. Some even made remarks like, "Did SAF pay them to lose?". So why are you making it look like if I'm the only one saying it. Watch the replay and tell me why Stoke Defenders will all at the same time leave Van Persie unmarked. Mind you Stoke FC defenders are one of the best defenders in Premier League.
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2012
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:48pm On Oct 22, 2012
cheddarking:

And you're point is?

Is there any Manager anywhere that doesnt have his preferred set of players?

There are some coaches that look for the best talents, not having any preference to players because they like them. For instance, Gerard Pique was clearly better than John Evans. SAF just liked Evans and decided to give Evans more games and left Pique on the bench. Which made Pique leave. Pique went on to play for Spain and won the European Championship as a regular player. Then won 6 titles that season with Barcelona. SAF let the better defender go just because of preference and not talent. Picture it, if Pique was a black man, SAF would have looked very racist. It can be seen also when Guiseppe Rossi left Man Utd. SAF put Solksjaer's name on his champions league team list. Even though Solksjaer was worn out and injured. SAF did not put Rossi's name and Rossi left. That same season, Solksjaer retired from football. So when SAF does this to black players, he looks racist.

As for Africans (not just black players), that is a no no for him. Maybe because of the African Cup Of Nations or maybe he feels they weren't groomed technically from when they were little. He just doesn't like them. Mikel is the only exception I can think of. Maybe, he likes Mikel because he was trained at Pepsi Football Academy.

SAF really fought for Mikel, flew to Norway 2 times to convince him. I have never seen SAF do that for a player.
grin
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by kunleee(m): 11:31pm On Oct 22, 2012
@thegoodjoehunt, because you live here in nigeria and lack relevant knowledge about history of man utd and its england base fans,..there joy is always to see a home grown talent(from the academy) play in the first team.its what saf meant on groung,its philosophy and history of the club...reason for yorke/cole at the expense of scholes/giggs, evans/welbeck at pique/chicharito expense.. For rossi,he is demanding first team too much when he has not proven himslf before,just like pobga case. Believe me,saf is the best among these coaches in man(players) management,he tried to absolve them away from the damaging publicity so that their career could last long.
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:11am On Oct 23, 2012
kunleee: @thegoodjoehunt, [b]because you live here in nigeria and lack relevant knowledge about history of man utd and its england base fan[/b]s,..there joy is always to see a home grown talent(from the academy) play in the first team.its what saf meant on groung,its philosophy and history of the club...reason for yorke/cole at the expense of scholes/giggs, evans/welbeck at pique/chicharito expense.. For rossi,he is demanding first team too much when he has not proven himslf before,just like pobga case. Believe me,saf is the best among these coaches in man(players) management,he tried to absolve them away from the damaging publicity so that their career could last long.

What about the philosophy and history of the club for academy players. By the way in the Rossi/Solksjaer scenario, was Solksjaer from the academy? wink

Please with your relevant knowledge and history of Man Utd, how many of the starters were home grown. You don't need to be in England to know the history of Man Utd. It was preference and not because they are from the academy. Just like his relationship with Evra and his relationship with Heinze. He knew Heinze was top quality when he bought Evra. He started given Evra more games. When Heinze wanted to go to Liverpool, he fought and refused him going. Then sold him to Real Madrid. He knew he was good but he preferred Evra. Evra wasn't from the academy. I am not saying SAF isn't a good coach or not a good man manager but he has the preferential behavior that make people sense him as a racist.

Finally MUTV, different websites etc contain a lot about the history of Man Utd. You don't need to live in England to know the history of Man Utd.
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by kunleee(m): 7:29am On Oct 23, 2012
i did not said solksjaer he's from academy,because of his experience,remember his last minute goal against bayern in 99. Saf loves to stay loyal to those palyers that have gave him so much irrespective of their colour,except if they did somthing he thought were bad example to the young ones. Remember how he sold/release keane,rvn,becks,stam..if they were blacks,you could have said he is a racist.. Abt heinze/evra,a good manager sees what player will become in the forceable future,heinze form is dropping,he saw it,while evra,remeber he play ucl final or semi final in monaco team that year.heinze would not have been as good as if kept to the immediate 5years evra was bought,how many years did he stay at madrid after?2 or 3? And he was not sold to liverpool because of what ve happened in the past,they ve both only exchange maybe 1player(you knw the rivalry btw them),and the result is what? Violence? And arent madrid bigger than liverpool? if he had sold him to say,reading or bolton,what would you have said,racist? Relax bro,nothing saying saf is the perfect human being,bt he is the closest to it.everyone that got different opinion to him later sees thier mistakes forlan,rvn.. Why do you think players said he is like a father to them cr7,anderson,etc
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by Ranoscky(m): 7:42am On Oct 23, 2012
Cool with Anichebe's decision.
Re: Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. by Clemzy16(m): 1:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
rhema4u: I stand to be corrected, am not a United fan... Buh, when was the last time an African played under Ferguson Song just left arsenal, Newcastle has Africans, Chelsea does, Wedt brom too, Mancity has the Toure Brothers, United which? Ferguson should not kill ferdinand Oº°˚˚°ºO....#kickracismout ni..#kickracismout ko. Mtchewww.
Last time i checked, he wanted to buy john mikel obi But he decided to go to chelsea.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 / Nigeria Defeats Host (Niger) 2 - 0 || 2015 African U-17 CAF Tourney / Women’s Afrobasket: D’tigress Destroy Guinea, Set For Tough Senegal Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.