Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

"i Love You" How Serious Is This Statement? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "i Love You" How Serious Is This Statement? (2119 Views)

I Love You: 15 Ways Guys Say It Without Saying It / My Girlfriend Never Says "I Love You" / Relationships: Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back As Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"i Love You" How Serious Is This Statement? by talk2sulta: 11:42am On Jan 25, 2008
stories have been told of how women in the days of yore froze,had butterflies in their stomachs and could not even think of anything whenever they are told "I LOVE YOU".but these days its like things have changed.tell a lady with all seriousness and sense of responsibility that you love her,she smiles and tells you "a guy I met in the taxi just told me that and just as i was entering the compound the gateman told me he has been admiring me for a long time but just because I be Oga "property" Im no want wahala oh!".
please nairalanders,what has happened to this short but once potent statement?is it bastardisation or civilisation?nawa oh!
Re: "i Love You" How Serious Is This Statement? by sylvex(f): 11:51am On Jan 25, 2008
so serious that one does not have to use or say it whenever he or she feels like. It has to come from the depth of one's being and it should be said with all sincerity! smiley
Re: "i Love You" How Serious Is This Statement? by jkpretty(f): 12:25pm On Jan 25, 2008
I say say it only when i feel it in me. I don't abuse it. i believe its illiterates & those that don't understand the depth of the word that misuse it.
Re: "i Love You" How Serious Is This Statement? by sistajay(f): 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2008
Na only when I dey emotional I dey use that kan word, you no sey word na word you got to prove it everyday.
Re: "i Love You" How Serious Is This Statement? by babycool(f): 3:10pm On Jan 26, 2008
Infact, the way people say it nowadays has made it to loose its value, a guy could just walk up to you and tell you, 'I love You'. Most men just say with reckless abandon, as if they are saying 'Good Morning'.

I dont expect a guy to tell me he loves me on the first day we met, even if he means it. That would just freak me out!
Re: "i Love You" How Serious Is This Statement? by adeboo(f): 4:14pm On Jan 26, 2008
I take it very seriously.

I dont say it anyhow and when its said to me - i say make sure u mean it and dont say what you dont mean.
Re: "i Love You" How Serious Is This Statement? by chimere(m): 4:30pm On Jan 26, 2008
"I Love U" was designed to be a very strong statement. These days, girls n guys make a mockery of the stgatement.

Anyway, I still believe that its a very serious statement cos i've seen people who actually practice it grin grin winkwhistle n' dixxie

(1) (Reply)

43 Things A GIRL Wished Herboyfriend Knew / Online Dating / Who Was Your Crush In Secondary School???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.