Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun (7694 Views)

VIDEO: Ese Oruru Resisting Policemen, In Kano -Premium Times / Female Suicide Bombers Kill Three Soldiers And Six Civilain JTF In Maiduguri / Gunmen Fire On Muslim Worshippers, In Kano, Kill Three. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by ghettodreamz(m): 3:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
Three police men have been confirmed dead in an early hour raid on a community in Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital, while two others were critically injured.

The incident was said to have occurred when the five officers were on the way to address a distress call that a 15 member armed bandit had stormed the Ijemo-Agbadu area of the city.

Confirming the incident to Channels Television, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr Muyiwa Adejobi stated three police officers were murdered and that two others were injured while an undisclosed amount of money and other personal effects were carted away from the church.

The 15 member armed gang reportedly stormed the community and a church, The Apostolic Church, being their target.

The Police PRO for the state while on the spot assessment of the area disclosed that a member of the gang who confessed to be part of the operation has been arrested and is helping the police in their investigations

While seeking useful information from the general public, Mr Adejobi assured residents of adequate security of life and property at all times, stating that the unfortunate incident will not deter the command from performing its constitutional responsibilities.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/10/22/armed-robbers-kill-three-police-men-in-ogun/

1 Like

Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by anonymoux: 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2012
hmmm. . .
Saw this in the new today as well
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by CrazyMan(m): 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2012
I have said this before, and I would keep saying it...security is one of Nigeria's major problem.

Once the problem of security is properly addressed, and the government can provide adequate jobs for the youths, I believe that a lot of lives would be saved, and security would improve.

Rip to the slain officers.
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2012
Lord have Mercy on your Children...
RIP.
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by Okijajuju1(m): 4:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
No Igbo names involved here either...

We are still watching..

Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by ghettodreamz(m): 4:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
CrazyMan: I have said this before, and I would keep saying it...security is one of Nigeria's major problem.

Once the problem of security is properly addressed, and the government can provide adequate jobs for the youths, I believe that a lot of lives would be saved, and security would improve.

You're so on point, that's very intellectual, and I believe it as well.
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by Saintsquare(m): 4:50pm On Oct 22, 2012
GOD HELP NIGERIA,RIP to the DEAD OFFICERS
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by Siga: 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2012
Jesus!!!!...How can you send 5 officers to go handle 15 armed robbers....ha ba...this is ridiculous and annoying....for US, Police go send 20 officers go catch 2 armed suspects....this is insane...and the level of training our officers get no be am at all....this is a failure on the Government's part, Police force and the coutry as a whole...now...5 families have been put into mourning....RIP to those officers.... and this na my hometown ooooo
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2012
...what a dog day-Lord have mercy!
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by XFive: 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2012
Okija_juju: No Igbo names involved here either...

We are still watching..

Must Igbo Man get involved with every wrong thing in Nigeria?
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by 234GT(m): 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2012
Ijemo-agbadu is a remote area in Abeokuta. I dont know why robbers will attack that area.
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by PurestBoy(m): 5:00pm On Oct 22, 2012
Someone should please help me out because I can't understand this, I thought Police should be the one killing the robbers and not the other way round? Or what were the 3 Policemen doing when the untrained robbers attacked? Are they not meant to protect us? I need answers[size=12pt][/size]
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by kabba7(m): 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
234GT: Ijemo-agbadu is a remote area in Abeokuta. I dont know why robbers will attack that area.

That is where Physical cash is readily in use . How do U̶̲̥̅̊ send 5 policemen to go face 15 Nigerian armed robbers sound strange to ♍ƺ.
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by Mrchippychappy(m): 5:06pm On Oct 22, 2012
Give me a YO , Give me a RU , give me a BA
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by sunkoye: 5:12pm On Oct 22, 2012
CrazyMan: I have said this before, and I would keep saying it...security is one of Nigeria's major problem.

let govt give us electricity. 80% of Nigeria’s problem is solved. electricity will generate or give birth to most basic tins we need.
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by jnrremedy(m): 5:12pm On Oct 22, 2012
Siga: Jesus!!!!...How can you send 5 officers to go handle 15 armed robbers....ha ba...this is ridiculous and annoying....for US, Police go send 20 officers go catch 2 armed suspects....this is insane...and the level of training our officers get no be am at all....this is a failure on the Government's part, Police force and the coutry as a whole...now...5 families have been put into mourning....RIP to those officers.... and this na my hometown ooooo
Nigerians sha! must we always lay blames. If they didnt respond now u will complain now they re responding u re complaining. You should now that when a stress call is made all patrol units re notified. The patrol team that were ambushed were probably d closest to the crime scene so they got there first before other teams
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by pastormustwacc: 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2012
5 i/d/i/o/t policemen versus 15 angry boys

1 Like

Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by Basic(m): 5:17pm On Oct 22, 2012
234GT: Ijemo-agbadu is a remote area in Abeokuta. I dont know why robbers will attack that area.
It's either you don't know Ijemo-agbadu, or you don't know the meaning of "remote", or you stay(ed) in the outskirts of Abeokuta, where the heart of the city seems remote.
Ijemo-agbadu remote? Are you for real?
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by Siga: 5:17pm On Oct 22, 2012
jnrremedy:
Nigerians sha! must we always lay blames. If they didnt respond now u will complain now they re responding u re complaining. You should now that when a stress call is made all patrol units re notified. The patrol team that were ambushed were probably d closest to the crime scene so they got there first before other teams
...I never for once blame those officers for responding to the call....all i said was why would they send 5 officers to combat 15 oles....but as u have explained that most likely they were the closest to the scene....nice...but the training and guns those officers have cant be compared to the ones those oles carry....im sure u agree with me...thats why i blame gov and the PF cos dem need to better train and equip these police...
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by Siga: 5:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
The area is far from remote bros...very close to Sapon....
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by omiobo: 5:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
5 policemen with toy guns against 15 armed robbers with machine guns. Those policemen legally embarked on suicide mission.

May God have mercy on their souls!
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by doubleportion: 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2012
Ijemo agbadu ke! I need to make some call!.
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by ghettodreamz(m): 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2012
pastormustwacc: 5 i/d/i/o/t policemen versus 15 angry boys

At least, respect the DEAD who died during the process of discharging their constitutional responsibilities to the nation. Chai

3 Likes

Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by sunkoye: 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2012
jnrremedy:
u still dont get it....is it part of their training to attack before knowing wat they are into? its good that they responded. but must response be suicidal? y cant they get it right the first time! God help us!
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by ghettodreamz(m): 5:26pm On Oct 22, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
Give me a YO , Give me a RU , give me a BA

Must you bring tribalism into this ? And your point is, the armed robbers were all Yoruba's, huh? NEXT time, always fact-check your points before making crappy tribalistic assumptions, ok. Shior shocked shocked shocked
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by gbadexy(m): 5:26pm On Oct 22, 2012
kabba7:
That is where Physical cash is readily in use . How do U̶̲̥̅̊ send 5 policemen to go face 15 Nigerian armed robbers sound strange to ♍ƺ.
I bet they didn't know they were going to face 15 man gang, they probably just got a call there was robbery going on.
Besides, its possible that was the team in closest to the scene and they didn't want to waste time waiting for reinforcement .
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by GARRIx7(m): 5:31pm On Oct 22, 2012
Confirming the incident to Channels Television, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr Muyiwa Adejobi stated [size=14pt]three police officers were murdered [/size]and that two others were injured while an undisclosed amount of money and other personal effects were carted away from the church.

The 15 member armed gang reportedly stormed the community and a church, The Apostolic Church, being their target.

Where are the f00ls who were complaining because an IGBOTIC THIEFsomeeone who stole from a church was sentenced to 6-months imprisonment??

I mean REDSUN and CO.
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by kabba7(m): 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
PurestBoy: Someone should please help me out because I can't understand this, I thought Police should be the one killing the robbers and not the other way round? Or what were the 3 Policemen doing when the untrained robbers attacked? Are they not meant to protect us? I need answers[size=12pt][/size]

The truth is that even the Nigerian law did not permit them to kill but to apprehend I. Tell U̶̲̥̅̊ all soja kill 1000 militant or BH or police kill any number of armed robbers is an illegality they are only covered by law to defend themselves if attacked meanwhile police force order 327 stipulate U̶̲̥̅̊ account ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ defend in court of law for every shot fired (?). However in these situation some real questions need be asked amongst others
1)Who receive the distree report 2)What is the rank of team leader.
3)Was there effort to seek 4 intelligent report as they move in
4)Were they all armed if so with what type of firearms having known they are going out for SCORPIONS.
U̶̲̥̅̊ don't have to play ludo with your life in this Nigerian environment.That is akin to suicide
I really pity the families because thousands of death benefits are in Abuja unpaid many will never be paid, meanwhile dead people don't complain unfortunately. SORRY

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by mycoldsweat: 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
jnrremedy:
who said they were ambushed, I didn't see that on that report, the truth is that Police have not told us what happened, if that patrol team was the 1st to arrived the scene what did the others that arrived later did, there is some level of unprofessional act here. My condolence to the bereaved families.
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by jnrremedy(m): 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2012
omiobo: 5 policemen with toy guns against 15 armed robbers with machine guns. Those policemen legally embarked on suicide mission.

May God have mercy on their souls!
are u saying policemen too should be giving machine guns. Wat u guys dont understand is that civilian combat is totaly different from military combat. The regular combatant nigerian police of today is assigned a standard arm for civilian combat. Though am not saying they re adequately equipped but carrying a machine gun do not make them more equip neither
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by EmmaTay(m): 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
Even if fifty policemen were sent, they cannot handle the situation. Why? they are going to face bandits with greater firearms and who are ready to waste bullets anyhow. It's not different from a suicidal mission. Anyway,may the souls of those who died rest in peace.
Re: Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ogun by 234GT(m): 5:53pm On Oct 22, 2012
Basic:
It's either you don't know Ijemo-agbadu, or you don't know the meaning of "remote", or you stay(ed) in the outskirts of Abeokuta, where the heart of the city seems remote.
Ijemo-agbadu remote? Are you for real?
Siga: The area is far from remote bros...very close to Sapon....
Oh, I see. Its the street that leads to sapon, the street on which the Oshile's palace is located. I do mix up these areas.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Imposes Curfew On Maiduguri Following Boko Haram Attack / KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo / Bode George: Restructuring, Not Presidency Will Address Nigeria’s Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.