Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,504 members, 7,808,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri (22552 Views)

Boko Haram Fuel Dump Discovered In Maiduguri (Photos) / Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / STOWAWAY: Teenage Boy Found In Arik Aircraft Wheel (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by rooftech: 6:36pm On Oct 23, 2012
it was a drug addict talking loud

see link
Nigeria Aviation Officials, Arik Air Pilot, Deny Mid-Air Bombing Attempt
Posted: October 23, 2012 - 17:26
Posted by siteadmin
By SaharaReporters, New York

Nigerian aviation authorities have dismissed reports in social media networks today that a Boko Haram member tried to blow up in midair a flight from Maiduguri to Abuja.

Ministry of Aviation officials told SaharaReporters described the story as completely false, stressing that there was no threat to the Maiduguri-Abuja flight.

A statement attributed to the pilot of the plane also said there was no bomb on the flight.

“We only had an unruly passenger who was high on drugs blabbing rubbish. There was no Boko Haram attempting to bomb any plane.”

The airline said it was preparing an official statement on the incident for the media.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Pamperme: 6:38pm On Oct 23, 2012
Just got this on my bbm. Arik Air's official statement on the issue. I hope this clears our minds.

No bomb on Arik Air flight
There is no iota of truth in the rumour making the rounds that a passenger attempted to bomb an Arik Air aircraft operating a flight from Maiduguri to Abuja today, Tuesday, October 23, 2012.
To set the records straight, a passenger on board flight W3 812 from Maiduguri to Abuja caused a scare when he started shouting Allah Akbar shortly before the aircraft landed at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja. The frightened passengers on board the flight became suspicious thinking the man was about to do something sinister.
All the passengers on board the flight, including the man in question, had all gone through the normal security check at the Maiduguri International Airport and nothing incriminating was found on anyone.
However, when the aircraft landed in Abuja, another security check was conducted on the passenger and nothing incriminating was found on him. A further security search was conducted on the operating aircraft, a Boeing 737-700 NG (Next Generation) and no trace of bomb or explosives were found. The aircraft went back to service immediately. 
Arik Air wishes to assure guests that all its flights undergo strict security checks and passengers have nothing to fear. The airline’s Aviation Security Department is one the most sophisticated in the industry and its commitment to security and safety of passengers is second to none in Africa.
The airline just last weekend in Accra, Ghana won the award of the Best Security and Safety Conscious Airline in West and Central Africa.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by AfroBlue(m): 6:42pm On Oct 23, 2012
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by ITbomb(m): 6:44pm On Oct 23, 2012
Pamperme: Just got this on my bbm. Arik Air's official statement on the issue. I hope this clears our minds.

There is no iota of truth in the rumour making the rounds that a passenger attempted to bomb an Arik Air aircraft operating a flight from Maiduguri to Abuja today, Tuesday, October 23, 2012.
To set the records straight, a passenger on board flight W3 812 from Maiduguri to Abuja caused a scare when he started shouting Allah Akbar shortly before the aircraft landed at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja. The frightened passengers on board the flight became suspicious thinking the man was about to do something sinister.
All the passengers on board the flight, including the man in question, had all gone through the normal security check at the Maiduguri International Airport and nothing incriminating was found on anyone.
However, when the aircraft landed in Abuja, another security check was conducted on the passenger and nothing incriminating was found on him. A further security search was conducted on the operating aircraft, a Boeing 737-700 NG (Next Generation) and no trace of bomb or explosives were found. The aircraft went back to service immediately.
Arik Air wishes to assure guests that all its flights undergo strict security checks and passengers have nothing to fear. The airline’s Aviation Security Department is one the most sophisticated in the industry and its commitment to security and safety of passengers is second to none in Africa.
The airline just last weekend in Accra, Ghana won the award of the Best Security and Safety Conscious Airline in West and Central Africa.

No problemento at least some bloggers and webmasters don make extra dole this evening
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by lafuria1(m): 6:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
Pamperme: Just got this on my bbm. Arik Air's official statement on the issue. I hope this clears our minds.

people please be warned before some pple attack you for no reason, sayin allahu akbar is now a crime in nigeria or else they will aluu u before you explain urself. i guess they only crime of the muslim passenger was saying allahu akbar just before the plane landed out of fear like the christian folks will say blood of jesus.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Rooneyboy(m): 6:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
now I know these guys mean business.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Asiwaju9ja(m): 6:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
Femzy24: The wave of terror attacks in Nigeria on Tuesday took a new turn as a suicide bomber attempted to blow up an Arik Air plane flying from Maiduguri to Abuja.

A suspected member of the Boko Haram sect who had boarded in Maiduguri, Borno State got up midair and told all the passengers to say their last prayers. As he brought out the explosive device, he disclosed that his main targets were the white people in the aircraft.

The explosive device however failed to detonate before the plane landed in Abuja. Police bomb experts moved in and the terrorist was arrested when the plane touched down in Abuja.

The attempt on the airline has shown the dynamism of the dreaded Islamist sect. Meanwhile, the Joint Task Force had earlier hinted that the sect has plans to launch attacks on Sallah day.

http://news.naij.com/12561.html

I told somebody here that God can fight for himself. He can stop u on ur tracks. Strike u dead on d sport. No need to fight for God. He is all powerful.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by avalontony(m): 7:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
someone must have prayed for journey mercy and GOD answered his/her prayer. HE says in His word: be still and know that i am God!!!!!! Thank you jesus christ.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Augustinaz(m): 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2012
Just heard on Silverbird News that the story is a hoax.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by kerriman: 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2012
Plaese let us always confirm the information given to the public because some of then can mislead and cause uneccesary panic . The guy in question only behaved unruly inside the plane which can be attributed to spiritual attack as he was blabbing saying all sort of things which actually caused panic among the passengers on board which is normal for them to panic from abdulmutalab story. On landing nothing incriminating was found on him and further inquiries about the guy reveals that he had similar spiritual crisis sometimes ago . I am correcting this because l was there from when the plane landed, when the crew explained what happened on board, when the guy was interrogated until he was handed over to SSS for further investigation.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by kevoh(m): 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2012
dimples..b:
this princess stella of a person no well o. My bro dey aboard that flight and there's nothing false about d story. May God judge u appropriately.
Sister, why are you bent on fuelling the rumour na. The story has been confirmed to be false and there's no point in insulting Mrs.Stella just to prove your point you can do that with no insult.
Let us be diplomatic in handling issues,please!
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Josh316(m): 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2012
Everybody is saying bomb bomb, have we heard from ONE passenger on that said plane?? Just one all we are hearing is hearsay... dem say dem say...

I'm not saying its not possible, but we need to hear from EYEWITNESSES on the flight not some news site
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 23, 2012
I tire for 9ja people sef, see good reason to ALUUnate the terrorist dem come hand am over to police; If na small unarmed kids now, e for don tey wey tyre enter dem necks grin God help us o!
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by tonyicez: 7:12pm On Oct 23, 2012
this is unbelivable. so dis boko boys parole don take another dimension abi? hmmm god dey.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Rooneyboy(m): 7:18pm On Oct 23, 2012
CuntDestroyer: its about time all airlines stop flying down there. let their elites(who are the only ones who could afford to fly in the first place) go by road.

shekina

Gbam !
I support this ur motion 100 percent
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by IYuckMoufI: 7:20pm On Oct 23, 2012
binger: Oh my Jesus! Isn't that Divine Intervention...God is good,this is miraculous,unprecedented,amazing...hw can this nt be the Finger of God?

lol
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Oceemo(m): 7:24pm On Oct 23, 2012
Ah! 9ija security, bomb can get on a plane bt moni no fit fly out hmmm.....
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Rooneyboy(m): 7:27pm On Oct 23, 2012
I can just imagine the reaction on the faces of our northern leaders that were aboard the flight.
With their kaftan grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 23, 2012
i doubt the authenticity of this story or rather fairy tale
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by adefash(m): 7:31pm On Oct 23, 2012
[quote
author=Okija_juju]WAT!!!!!

How did that guy land Abuja alife?! The bomb no explode and
people just fasten their seatbelt like say them dey fly through
turbulence..

You mean that they didnt ALUU that guy inside that plane?!

May God have mercy...

I am angry here.. Make una check well abeg.. So that guy no chop
milehigh beating?! angry

Omo e be like this ALUU Boys matter don make Nigerians in general to
humble o!!

I would have slit his throat.. Afterall, na die we wan die already..

[/quote]
maybe we should see how we can arrange for similar occurence whereby u will be on board, then u will be able to demonstrate ur tots.cheesy
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by fash6(m): 7:36pm On Oct 23, 2012
Dat bastard is fkin lucky,they would have aluunize him be4 touch down,ewu zango lik him.tank God it dint happen
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by honeric01(m): 7:43pm On Oct 23, 2012
Arik Bomb Scare Update: "To set the records straight, a passenger on board flight W3 812 from Maiduguri to Abuja caused a scare when he started shouting 'Allah Akbar' shortly before the aircraft landed at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja. The frightened passengers on board the flight became suspicious thinking the man was about to do something sinister. All the passengers on board the flight, including the man in question, had all gone through the normal security check at the Maiduguri International Airport and nothing incriminating was found on anyone. However, when the aircraft landed in Abuja, another security check was conducted on the passenger and nothing incriminating was found on him. A further security search was conducted on the operating aircraft, a Boeing 737-700 NG (Next Generation) and no trace of bomb or explosives were found."

~ Arik Management.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by pendusky(m): 7:45pm On Oct 23, 2012
Super1759: I hate hearing such rubbish news. How did he get into the plane with the device?
The mumu was even introducing himself,mchewwwwww.

Exact my point! How did he get in ther?
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by wellmax(m): 8:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
informatix: Check the source of the story what is naij.com is NOT a valid website. TOO many Morons in Nairaland. Naij.com isnt punch or sun or thisday why believe them?.

Nigerian aviation authorities have dismissed reports in social media networks today that a Boko Haram member tried to blow up in midair a flight from Maiduguri to Abuja.
Ministry of Aviation officials told SaharaReporters described the story as completely false, stressing that there was no threat to the Maiduguri-Abuja flight.
A statement attributed to the pilot of the plane also said there was no bomb on the flight.
“We only had an unruly passenger who was high on drugs blabbing rubbish. There was no Boko Haram attempting to bomb any plane.”
The airline said it was preparing an official statement on the incident for the media.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria-aviation-officials-arik-air-pilot-deny-mid-air-bombing-attempt

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
It is amazing how some people delibrately choose to wallow in ignorance. Even after the rumour had been debunked by an eye witness they are still propagating it. This is a case of allowing sentiments to take over sense of reasoning which is the only thing that distinguishes us (humans) from animals. Oh, my bad. Some people are actually animals in human skin.
know not ye (animals) that you are actually giving those vampires (terrorists) new ideas by escalating this baseless story? All in the name of soiling the name of that which has been established by the ONE whose greatness exceeds all greatnesses.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by kabba7(m): 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
N
Augustinaz: Just heard on Silverbird News that the story is a hoax.

Shame on U̶̲̥̅̊ aIl, I really hate idiots whose only reason for excistence is to create fear mean while from your posts most of U̶̲̥̅̊ clowns here are cowards just ℓi̶̲̥̅ke̶̲̥̅ the characters in your fiction no wonder your uncle Jonathan is so scared he dear not near maiduguri Damaturu,etc Grown ups suspecting has a bomb on him all they do begin to call Jesus why don't call him to come be finance minister, if its to loot they ll do so ℓi̶̲̥̅ke̶̲̥̅ madmen all of U̶̲̥̅̊ abusing those stupid Boko Haram are you better than them bloody arnedrobbers,Kidnappers. fake drug pedllers,assasins 419ners ,certificate fogers ,prostitutes all mother fuckers I just hate U̶̲̥̅̊ all U̶̲̥̅̊ shits need be bombeb to end the God foresaken damn country Those Boko Harams need be taken to incinerators to given the altimate they deserve .
The MOD are damn free to block ♍ƺ, to hell with Ɣ☺ΰ̊ all.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Remii(m): 9:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
morufoye: It is amazing how some people delibrately choose to wallow in ignorance. Even after the rumour had been debunked by an eye witness they are still propagating it. This is a case of allowing sentiments to take over sense of reasoning which is the only thing that distinguishes us (humans) from animals. Oh, my bad. Some people are actually animals in human skin.
know not ye (animals) that you are actually giving those vampires (terrorists) new ideas by escalating this baseless story? All in the name of soiling the name of that which has been established by the ONE whose greatness exceeds all greatnesses.

My brother I tire o, even as I write this , OGTV still showing "BH Attack Arik flight" on the screen
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by otokx(m): 9:09pm On Oct 23, 2012
bad news sells and social media sells it faster through BB.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Johnnybravo222(m): 9:10pm On Oct 23, 2012
Pls no more aboki on air planes abeg!!!
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by otokx(m): 9:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
Johnnybravo222: Pls no more aboki on air planes abeg!!!

This is so wrong
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Horo(m): 9:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
@NigeriaNewsdesk: MORE: Aviation Ministry says man nabbed in Abuja-bound flight was only shouting "God is Great," but nothing incriminating were found on him.

Unfounded stories such as this is what necessitated the call for social media censorship in Nigeria by certain government officials. There is no denying the limitless advantage of social media especially in a democracy such as ours but when that innate advantage is used to spread fear and peddle false stories capable of doing irreversible damage, then, there should be caution.
Over the last couple of hours, the internet has been awash with rumors of a failed suicide bomb attempt on an Abuja bound flight from Maiduguri. In a move to dispel the rumor and put the mind of air travelers at ease, Nigeria’s Aviation Minister, Princess Stella Oduah has said ‘there is no iota of truth to this rumor whatsoever’.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki Loses Latest Attempt To Stop CCT Trial.... Pic Attached. / CAN Reject El-Rufai's Suggestion Of Inviting Foreign Mechenaries / Wike And I Will Work For Pdp’s Victory – Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.