Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (17717 Views)

And Who Said Nigerian Men Aren't Sexy? / 8 Reasons Why Men Aren't Eager To Get Married / Who Said Men Aren't Bootylicious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by achukwunet(f): 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2012
The perfect Nigerian woman:
she must be beautiful and flawless, while they on the other hand never take care of themselves (physically speaking) and never show the slightest ounce of romance.

In just about every song you hear, Nigeria men have a smooth way to talk about their sweeties.

1) D'banj- "My sweet Potato"
2) Flavour Nabania- "My Jollof Rice" "My Tomato Juice"
3) Wizboy- "My Fotojenik", "Screen Saver"

*And a couple others....

-The tomato in my rice
-The only fish in my aquarium
-The sugar in my tea
-You are the only sugar in my tea, the only cockroach in my cupboard.
-I love you, oya talk your own
-I want to know you berra sweetie
-I want to harvest you
-It seems like I have seen you somewhere before
-My pastor said I would meet the woman of my dreams today, praise the lord he is correct.
-Shey you believe in love at first sight abi make I waka pass again?

But then when it comes to reality, they're not romantic! With all the beautiful women we have in Nigeria, our men should be moving heaven and earth to be romantic to make her feel good. I know these are just songs, but someone needs to say that there's nothing romantic about these pickup lines. SO, WHY ARE NIGERIA MEN NOT ROMANTIC? kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by ijebabe: 5:02pm On Oct 23, 2012
While I'm sure you wrote this brimming with excitement and passion, you failed with your generalisation.
Stop dating losers.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Idowuogbo(f): 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
You are wot u attract.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Rocktation(f): 5:08pm On Oct 23, 2012
Hmmmn...garium sulphate for thought.
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
It is "My tomato Jos" not my tomato juice...this is just a stuppid generalization. My dear, you must be dating the wrong guys.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 23, 2012
You haven't dated me yet. . .
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by ozodimgba(m): 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2012
Nigerian ladies are simply ingr8, Nigerian men are even more romantic than romeo. But if ur man is not romantic, then he must be a nigerian born Ghanian so, check his identity wella.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by masterpiecer(m): 5:15pm On Oct 23, 2012
achukwunet: The perfect Nigerian woman:
she must be beautiful and flawless, while they on the other hand never take care of themselves (physically speaking) and never show the slightest ounce of romance.

In just about every song you hear, Nigeria men have a smooth way to talk about their sweeties.

1) D'banj- "My sweet Potato"
2) Flavour Nabania- "My Jollof Rice" "My Tomato Juice"
3) Wizboy- "My Fotojenik", "Screen Saver"

*And a couple others....

-The tomato in my rice
-The only fish in my aquarium
-The sugar in my tea
-You are the only sugar in my tea, the only cockroach in my cupboard.
-I love you, oya talk your own
-I want to know you berra sweetie
-I want to harvest you
-It seems like I have seen you somewhere before
-My pastor said I would meet the woman of my dreams today, praise the lord he is correct.
-Shey you believe in love at first sight abi make I waka pass again?

But then when it comes to reality, they're not romantic! With all the beautiful women we have in Nigeria, our men should be moving heaven and earth to be romantic to make her feel good. I know these are just songs, but someone needs to say that there's nothing romantic about these pickup lines. SO, WHY ARE NIGERIA MEN NOT ROMANTIC? kiss

What kind of men have you been dating lately? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Mynd44: 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2012
This is what happens when you date people like you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 23, 2012
how can a fine girl like you be dating the less interesting guys?undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Mynd44: 5:26pm On Oct 23, 2012
joeydozzy: how can a fine girl like you be dating the less interesting guys?undecided
She can because she does not agree to date the sensible ones. She is a reflection of those she dates

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by UmericanGirl(f): 5:29pm On Oct 23, 2012
My nigerian crush is perfectly romantic. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by claremont(m): 5:32pm On Oct 23, 2012
@OP: I don't know the answer to your question, but there is something I know: You are very cute. wink
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Mynd44: 5:35pm On Oct 23, 2012
UmericanGirl: My nigerian crush is perfectly romantic. grin
Hmmm.
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by bigtt76(f): 5:36pm On Oct 23, 2012
Hahahaha ....Only Tomato Juice? grin grin grin grin. Like the others said ....@OP you must have been dating the wrongest of the wrongs! Kpeleeeee o ...kpanla in my ogbono soup grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by masterpiecer(m): 5:37pm On Oct 23, 2012
UmericanGirl: My nigerian crush is perfectly romantic. grin

here is a 'living testimony'

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Mynd44: 5:39pm On Oct 23, 2012
masterpiecer:

here is a 'living testimony'
And one testimony is enough for us

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by onila(f): 5:41pm On Oct 23, 2012
2 arrogant like mynd!
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by MrsChima(f): 5:42pm On Oct 23, 2012
LMAO@one compliment represent all Nigerian men. grin grin grin grin
LMAO@attractive people do not attract losers. grin grin grin grin
LMAO@as long as she is cute...she can insult me all day. grin grin grin grin
LMAO@the high level of vapidity on this thread. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Mynd44: 5:47pm On Oct 23, 2012
onila: 2 arrogant like mynd!
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by UmericanGirl(f): 5:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
Mynd_44:
Hmmm.

Yes? grin
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
I actually find those lines funny and cute. But then again that's my preference.

I would rather hear Omoge, I love you die in Yemi Blaq's voice than

I love you to death in Brad Pitt's voice.

I don't know, it just gives some sense of originality to it.

Btw, Ije and Idowu went hard on the op sha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
Na today you know say naija men no sabi romance? Mtscheeew! undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
LMAO@one compliment represent all Nigerian men. grin
LMAO@attractive people do not attract losers. grin
LMAO@as long as she is cute...she can insult me all day. grin
LMAO@the high level of vapidity on this thread. grin

modified cool
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
nigerian men arent romantic?
just like that how many nigerian men have you met?
have you seen me b4? if nigerian men arent romantic then no man in africa and d rest of the world is. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by MrsChima(f): 6:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
joeydozzy:

modified cool

Modified these nuts.
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 23, 2012
Nigerian men are very romantic errrr before dem taste the forbidden fruit. Dunno about after sha!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by MrsChima(f): 6:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
naijababe: Nigerian men are very romantic errrr before dem taste the forbidden fruit. Dunno about after sha!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
In as much as your post is very insightful and interesting, I would like to ask you this Q: how many Nigerian men have you dated to conclude like that? How many Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba have you dated? Igbo have different ethnic groups, Hausa and Yoruba also. How many of these men from these ethnic groups have u dated? If you can't answer well to this, I will say that your article is pointless and baseless and without proper research about Nigerian men. You need to be sued for defamation of of nigerian men and easily concluding. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 23, 2012
naijababe: Nigerian men are very romantic errrr before dem taste the forbidden fruit. Dunno about after sha!
lmao grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 23, 2012
^ Shey na lie ni? grin
Re: Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by vivianc(f): 6:12pm On Oct 23, 2012
Well, the ones I have been with so far are very romantic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Are Interracial Relationships Viewed In Nigeria? / My Best Friend's Fiancee - The Girl In The Red Dress! By Lola.luv / Apart From Religion, Why Do You Hate Gay Folks???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.