Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,463 members, 7,781,338 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:40 PM

Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle (28943 Views)

Buhari And Fashola At China Aerospace Science Technology Corporation Centre / Photo: Fashola At Work In His Office In Abuja / Fashola At The Kalakuta Museum Where Fela Kuti Was Buried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by teskyg: 7:29pm On Oct 23, 2012
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo and the Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola are at loggerheads following the seizure of one of Obasanjo Farms' utility vehicles by men of the Lagos State Transport Management Authority (LASTMA).

Sources close to Obasanjo Farms in Ota, Ogun state explained that one of the utility vehicles allegedly committed a traffic offence in Lagos last week and it was impounded by LASTMA.

It was gathered that all efforts by the ex-president to ensure the release of the seized vehicle proved abortive.

Sources also added that between last Friday and Sunday, October 21, over 10 red-coloured LAG Bus belonging to Lagos State Government have been forcefully diverted into the Obasanjo Farms compound in Ota.

This action has led to scarcity of the popular bus on Lagos-Abeokuta expressway while thousands of residents of Sango, Ota, Ifo and other settlements along the axis have become stranded for the second day running and this has also doubled the cost of transportation in the area

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/179463-obasanjo-fashola-at-loggerhead-over-seized-vehicle
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 23, 2012
Litmus test... Passed?
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Elueme: 7:41pm On Oct 23, 2012
Source pls. Stop feeding me with ruse. If it's a gossip news indicate so we know what category of seriousness we attach to the thread.
By the way who is Fashola to seize OBasanjo's utility vehicle? He should know his limit and stop acting james hardly chase

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Standing5(m): 7:42pm On Oct 23, 2012
how can Lagos state vehicle be diverted into OBJ's Ota farm like that? Are they suppose to ply Sango-Ota in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 23, 2012
But why is Obasanjo behaving like a village man or an agbero?

He wants to show power.

Lets wait and see.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by 2mch(m): 7:53pm On Oct 23, 2012
The Ogun State government should order OBJ to release the vehicles. If his vehicles cannot comply with the law of the state then they should be impounded. he is not above the law. And stealing state buses is a crime. Is Baba OBJ willing to go to jail? tongue

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Novice1(m): 7:59pm On Oct 23, 2012
Elueme: Source pls. Stop feeding me with ruse. If it's a gossip news indicate so we know what category of seriousness we attach to the thread.
By the way who is Fashola to seize OBasanjo's utility vehicle? He should know his limit and stop acting james hardly chase

Your statement is freakin' pathetic. Fashola is the CEO and the chief law enforcer of Lagos state. His agents have the right to impound any vehicle driven in contravention of gazetted state laws.
Your kind of thinkong is part of what brought Nigeria on its knees: that laws should apply differently to different kinds of people.

Let fashola auction the murafucking baboon's vehicle and lets see if heavens will fall.

23 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Xris74: 7:59pm On Oct 23, 2012
Typical Yoruba drama: dog eat dog; cat vomit swallowed rat
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by babatulla: 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2012
@Xris74 I'm sure you are learned, do you need to bring in your tribalistic side into this ? Come on !! You should know better.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
Novice1:

Your statement is freakin' pathetic. Fashola is the CEO and the chief law enforcer of Lagos state. His agents have the right to impound any vehicle driven in contravention of gazetted state laws.
Your kind of thinkong is part of what brought Nigeria on its knees: that laws should apply differently to different kinds of people.

Let fashola auction the murafucking baboon's vehicle and lets see if heavens will fall.

Thank you.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by solomonkane(m): 11:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
Elueme: Source pls. Stop feeding me with ruse. If it's a gossip news indicate so we know what category of seriousness we attach to the thread.

Xris74: Typical Yoruba drama: dog eat dog; cat vomit swallowed rat

Too many lunatics on the loose on Nairaland as evidenced by these two dogs.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by kenbee(f): 11:07pm On Oct 23, 2012
Power intoxication! Do we really have Elder Statemen in this country?
..........This is so pathetic!!!
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by alphaconde(m): 11:08pm On Oct 23, 2012
So one day a local government chairman can also seize fasholas vehicle.... Small pikin go do am back this tin wey e do baba

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 23, 2012
godfatherism at the highest level! Obj. Should just pay the fine joor .
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by acidtalk: 11:13pm On Oct 23, 2012
Hmmm!!!

After I read this news, I immediately put a call across to OBJ and this is what he had to say.

Acidtalk - Baba Goodday.

Obasanjo - Acidtalk, a da fun e (it will be well with you). By the way what is this call for? Because I know a squirrel can't go jumping in the market place if nothing is chasing it.

Acidtalk - Sir, I called to find out something.

Obasanjo - What is it again this amebo boy?

Acidtalk - Baba, it is the scuffle between you and Governor Fashola over your seized vehicle.

Obasanjo - Ah! Ma da omo buruku yen lowun. Jeki Oju yobo ma ti lo si ino (Don't mind that silly boy, let him allow himself to be pushed to fire by that big eye ball fellow).

Acidtalk - But baba, why did your driver disobey the traffic law of Lagos?

Obasanjo - See Acidtalk, if not because I like you and have great respect for you, I would have hung up this call. Who is Fashola to impound my car in Lagos? Even if I like, I can drive that same car on the tarmac Of Muritala or Nnamdi Azikiwe Airports and dem no born Jonathan sef to do anything.

Acidtalk - But baba, I heard you have seized about 3 Red BRT buses is that true?

Obasanjo - Acidtalk, sha ma wo ni ti e (just be patient and keep watching). I have not started seizing yet, by the time I start with Fashola, all the BRT buses in Lagos will be used as Chicken cages in my farm.

Acidtalk - But Sir,

Obasanjo - Dont but anything. just tell Fashola that "I dey laugh oh!"

)

34 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by iamswizz(m): 11:21pm On Oct 23, 2012
Yoruba numskulls/Birdbrains.....blushing reputations exhibiting rants and cacophonous attitudes! angry
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Scarpon(m): 11:21pm On Oct 23, 2012
no body is above the law
if he did wrong then he face the charges

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Smooyis(m): 11:24pm On Oct 23, 2012
No one is above d law. But life does not read sraight all d time. We should at least give obasanjo some form of respect too. If it were to be tinubu's truck dat violated d traffic laws would he even be arrested in d first instance? No one would dare impound his vehicles, or drag his name in d mud like dis. And moreso i learnt d truck were carryn poultry products and obj personally called fashola to help intervene so at least d products could be removed, but all t no avail. This is pure politics. Lets wait and see how it goes........

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 23, 2012
Fashola is an 1diot, and his 1diocy is multiplying in quadruples each passing day. Since when did traffic offences become something you use to prove stuuupid points? If a person commits a traffic offence and his vehicle is impounded, is there no possibility of paying a fine to reclaim your vehicle? Why not simply tell OBJ that "baba, send your aide to pay the stipulated N20k fine and the vehicle would be released". What is the point to be proved in holding someone's vehicle indefinitely, even if it were an ordinary person and not OBJ? Would he prove this same foolish 'point' with Tinubu's vehicle?

Mehn, this Fashola disgusts me more than a decaying corpse.

22 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by bola4dprec(m): 11:45pm On Oct 23, 2012
Even the judge of a court is empower to exercise his discretional power, irrespective of offense(s) committed we need to accord respect for whom dues, humility is still there for Baba Obasanjo now. After all is not a murder case now, Fashola is the most useless man I have ever examined on earth, himself had violated the right of many Nigerian i.e Okada rider and not haven respect for rule of law is lagos state law above Nigeria constitution ? Most especially section 214 which says their will be no any other police which Fashola is violated by the way of setting up of useless lastma, in nutshell ohun abase labowaba

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by daddyg(m): 11:52pm On Oct 23, 2012
I stay very close to otta farm and have friends within the farm there are no red buses in the farm. this story is not true.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by CrazyMan(m): 11:54pm On Oct 23, 2012
I believe Obj is aware of the traffic laws in Lagos state, so he should apologize to fashola for breaking the law.

And fashola on the other hand should forgive him and release the impounded vehicle.

If we want this great Nation to move forward, then our leaders (past and present) should learn to abide by the laws of the nation, so that the masses can follow in their footsteps.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by bola4dprec(m): 12:03am On Oct 24, 2012
Imagine

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by nikky5(m): 12:12am On Oct 24, 2012
Baba will fite back. He is an old soldier and fashola a bloody civilian.By the time obj is done fashola will learn to respect elder statesmen like baba iyabo.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by igboboy1(m): 12:15am On Oct 24, 2012
acidtalk: Hmmm!!!

After I read this news, I immediately put a call across to OBJ and this is what he had to say.

Acidtalk - Baba Goodday.

Obasanjo - Acidtalk, a da fun e (it will be well with you). By the way what is this call for? Because I know a squirrel can't go jumping in the market place if nothing is chasing it.

Acidtalk - Sir, I called to find out something.

Obasanjo - What is it again this amebo boy?

Acidtalk - Baba, it is the scuffle between you and Governor Fashola over your seized vehicle.

Obasanjo - Ah! Ma da omo buruku yen lowun. Jeki Oju yobo ma ti lo si ino (Don't mind that silly boy, let him allow himself to be pushed to fire by that big eye ball fellow).

Acidtalk - But baba, why did your driver disobey the traffic law of Lagos?

Obasanjo - See Acidtalk, if not because I like you and have great respect for you, I would have hung up this call. Who is Fashola to impound my car in Lagos? Even if I like, I can drive that same car on the tarmac Of Muritala or Nnamdi Azikiwe Airports and dem no born Jonathan sef to do anything.

Acidtalk - But baba, I heard you have seized about 3 Red BRT buses is that true?

Obasanjo - Acidtalk, sha ma wo ni ti e (just be patient and keep watching). I have not started seizing yet, by the time I start with Fashola, all the BRT buses in Lagos will be used as Chicken cages in my farm.

Acidtalk - But Sir,

Obasanjo - Dont but anything. just tell Fashola that "I dey laugh oh!"

)

lol...e nwe onu chai
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by ejiyke2007(m): 12:16am On Oct 24, 2012

Mr KEEP QUIET THAT IS WHY CORRUPTION FULL EVERY WHERE BECAUSE NIGERIANS CONSIDER PERSONALITY RATHER THAN RULE OF LAW
IF A PROMINENT MAN OR ANY OF HIS RELATIVE COMMITTED ONE CRIME OR THE OTHER NONE CAN SAY HEY THIS BAD,BUT IF POOR MAN YOUR TYPE WE SAY LET THE MAN FACE THE LAW,
SO MY POINT IS THAT WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS ALSO GOOD FOR THE GANDER,POOR,RICH OR WHOEVER THAT ACTS AGAINST THE LAW MUST FACE THE LAW FOR SANITY OF THE SOCIETY,FOR SOUNDNESS OF JUDGEMENT OR REASON LET US UP HOLD THE SUPREMACY OF THE CONSTITUTION FINI.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by maclatunji: 12:38am On Oct 24, 2012
I heard this story since last week.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by mekaboy(m): 12:39am On Oct 24, 2012
CrazyMan: I believe Obj is aware of the traffic laws in Lagos state, so he should apologize to fashola for breaking the law.

And fashola on the other hand should forgive him and release the impounded vehicle.

If we want this great Nation to move forward, then our leaders (past and present) should learn to abide by the laws of the nation, so that the masses can follow in their footsteps.

OK, FASHIOLA SHOULD FORGIVE THE RICH BILLIONAIRE OBASANJO, WHILE HE DESTROYS THE MOTO-BIKES OF POOR NIGERIANS WHO VIOLATED THE SAME LAW?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Ikengawo: 12:41am On Oct 24, 2012
kenbee: Power intoxication! Do we really have Elder Statemen in this country?
..........This is so pathetic!!!

it's called the law, no man is above the law you primative buffalo. Stop worshipping your fellow human being and find a god.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Ikengawo: 12:42am On Oct 24, 2012
nikky5: Baba will fite back. He is an old soldier and fashola a bloody civilian.By the time obj is done fashola will learn to respect elder statesmen like baba iyabo.

hopfully nigeria will develop it's laws to the level where stone age goats like yourself will have your rightful place in prison away for the rest of us that know what a law is.
elder states men and can't follow the law of the state. stop telling people you're educated.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by str8talk1: 1:56am On Oct 24, 2012
Elueme: ...
A stupid comment 4rm a nonentity,bedeviled by inferiorty complex & low self-esteem,still fixtated by aknowledgment of past glory wt little or no regard 4 constituted authority.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by greatgod2012(f): 2:29am On Oct 24, 2012
As for me, i will not judge, but im waiting to see who wins, eventually.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 / Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring / Mohammed Abubakar Wins Best Governor Of The Year On Urban Renewal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.