Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends (15489 Views)

How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? / Woman Divorce Talkative Husband / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by simdam500(m): 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
Who does not wish to spend time with friends? Friends are like a fresh breeze in our stressful life. There are many types of friends- Introvert, intellectual, talkative, etc. But talkative friends can be the most annoying type of friends. Weare sure you would agree. Listed below are some ways to deal with super talkative friends.

1. Make an excuse: It is best to make an excuse to end the conversation. But,it is important to do it in a polite way. If you do it rudely, it might hurt your friend. Simply cut the conversation short by making an excuse that you have some work to do.

2. Change the topic: The best way to avoid talkative friend is to change the topic graciously. While talking, just divert your friend’s attention to something else. Do this in a tactful way; it should not hurt your friend. Talk about something else to avoid the situation.

3. React with yes or no: It is easy to know when a person is interested and when he/she is not. To break the conversation, justreact with a simple yes or no. Your friend would definitely understand that you are not interested to talk. He/she may change the topic or end the conversation, period!

4. Look uninterested: The best way to avoid the conversation is to look uninterested. Just give that look to your friend; he/she will definitely stop talking. But, do not be rude, just give a blank look. Any person who realizes that you are not interested in listening to her talks will automatically stop talking.

5. Time restriction: Tell your friend that you need to go out, or limit the time. Tell them that you needto complete certain things. Your friend would cut short the topic or the conversation following this.

6. Start playing with your phone: Honestly, this is not the best idea, but this can work well if your friend is too talkative. Start playing with your phone or start chatting on phone. Looking at you, your friend will definitely stop talking.

7. Talk about something randomly: To stop your friend from talking, start talking something randomly. Start discussing some favorite things to cut the conversation.

8. Make the conversation interesting: If the conversation is boring, make it more interesting by adding something that would interest both of you. If not, then look for an opportunity and change the topic.

9. Be honest: If your friend talks too much,be honest and tell the truth. Tell him/her to talk less. This would hurt your friend for some time, but it is good to be honest.

10. Simply tell yourfriend to stop: In a funny way, tell your friend that he/she talks too much and should stop now. Remember to do it in a jovial way so that you and your friend can laugh it off.

So the next time your friend talks too much, you know what to do.

3 Likes

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 24, 2012
heheheehehee u just reminded me of a friend i had way back when i was in school,chai,i never see boy wey talk like ekene before.d boy came to visit me in my room in school and d boy came around after 7pm,we jisted and jisted from one topic to d other till my mouth was paining me and i stoped talkin,but he continued talkin so i will try and end d conversation by leaving to go to d kitchen and wash plates,he will still go and meet me there and continue jistin,ill press my phone and start playin music,still he will continue talkin,when i couldnt take it any longer i told him ekene please i want to sleep,he said y shud i sleep wen he is still talking of which it was around 11.30 pm,i just switched off d light,wraped myself inside a blanket,backed him and told him to lock d door when he leaves,dat was wen he got d message,he felt upset but i didnt care because i just needed to sleep and his conversation was already borin me and of which i was usin actions to tell him but wasnt gettingill i became rude.we later made up but we just say hi n i quickly take off bfor he arrest me with over talking

11 Likes

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Sagytarius(m): 5:09pm On Oct 24, 2012
I dey come, make i commot from water first

1 Like

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by mallorca(m): 5:11pm On Oct 24, 2012
i disagree with some

1 Like

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Abujafood: 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2012
Look away as if you're noticing something then change the topic while drawing his attention to what you're looking at

1 Like

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 24, 2012
i lost a friend in university for completely ignoring her whenever she knocked my door and looking disinterested in any topic she brought up...but i guess it was a blessing in disguse...i finally got a peace of mind
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by prettiest1(f): 5:16pm On Oct 24, 2012
Sagytarius: I dey come first, make i commot from water first

u dey catch fish? abi u don turn fisher man? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Ekans: 5:17pm On Oct 24, 2012
Some people re- incarneted from parrots.Just slap his/her mouth and they will get the message.

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by shadrach77: 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2012
i have a good one - pour some super glue in a container and give it to her as a gift, telling her that's the latest brand of lip gloss grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by free2ryhme: 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2012
ignore them
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by omiobo: 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2012
Chei! Mosquito unpleasant noise! I can't stand any talkative. They can make one suffocate.
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Sagytarius(m): 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2012
prettiest1:

u dey catch fish? abi u don turn fisher man? grin grin grin grin grin
Ah, me and Oga Jo nor relate o!
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Kslib(m): 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2012
I am surprised that the op stopped at number 10.. Did you forget number
11..Run away.. When you meet a real talkative,na dat time you go realise say number1-10 no dey work.. Your only option is to run away,i repeat pick your bag/things and start running..
1-10 only works for oyinbo talkative..
11 works for naija talkative...
Note; dont try number 11 for oyinbo talkative,cos he/she fit use im gun shoot you ooh..

7 Likes

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by timpaker(m): 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2012
Chei! shocked this thing fit affect me ooo cheesy
Op. why na?
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by kholis(m): 5:26pm On Oct 24, 2012
Those options are not for real Naija talkative.
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by kpozite(m): 5:26pm On Oct 24, 2012
Better still just start dozing or pretend to be, that's the simplest.
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by slimyem: 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2012
Love and i do number 9 and 10....
No need for pretence...
I say it straight up as it is.....with exceptions to an elderly person though...
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by kokoye(m): 5:35pm On Oct 24, 2012
kill their motivation to talk: keep quiet while they keep talking.

mute.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by NAIRA25(m): 5:35pm On Oct 24, 2012
I love This!
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Segunagagu(m): 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2012
Lolssssss. Funny posts..I had one too wen I was in skool..dis one talks wenever we drink...and he is drunk..all we just do is to tell him dat we swore to never give him alcohol again..and he will start geTting upset..lolsss...
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Sagytarius(m): 5:41pm On Oct 24, 2012
1. Make an excuse: For How long will you do this?

2. Change the topic: As a "super Talkative", he/she may Bkend in well into the new topic and the gist continues. So what r u goina do?

3. React with yes or no; 4. Look uninterested; 5. Time restriction: Now, these must be obvious, and s/he will definitely get hurt.

6. Start playing with your phone: I'm glad that you know its is not the best idea.

7. Talk about something randomly: With this, you'll end up being the Talkative.

8. Make the conversation interesting: Uhhmm, a good idea. But not when you're not in the mood of talking.

9. Be honest: Oh yes, it will definitely hurt. Truth, the say, is bitter!

10. Simply tell yourfriend to stop: It will still hurt!

So the bottom line is:
1. Pray you dont meet such person.
2.In the case you have one, accept him/her as a cross to carry. and if you cant,
3. Take to your heels and never look back. cool

3 Likes

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 24, 2012
Bur i love people dat talk a lot*maybe coz am quiet*
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by wrench: 5:52pm On Oct 24, 2012
Kslib: I am surprised that the op stopped at number 10.. Did you forget number
11..Run away.. When you meet a real talkative,na dat time you go realise say number1-10 no dey work.. Your only option is to run away,i repeat pick your bag/things and start running..
1-10 only works for oyinbo talkative..
11 works for naija talkative...
Note; dont try number 11 for oyinbo talkative,cos he/she fit use im gun shoot you ooh..
HAhahahahahaha, U're On Point.
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Dermie: 6:06pm On Oct 24, 2012
kulyie: heheheehehee u just reminded me of a friend i had way back when i was in school,chai,i never see boy wey talk like ekene before.d boy came to visit me in my room in school and d boy came around after 7pm,we jisted and jisted from one topic to d other till my mouth was paining me and i stoped talkin,but he continued talkin so i will try and end d conversation by leaving to go to d kitchen and wash plates,he will still go and meet me there and continue jistin,ill press my phone and start playin music,still he will continue talkin,when i couldnt take it any longer i told him ekene please i want to sleep,he said y shud i sleep wen he is still talking of which it was around 11.30 pm,i just switched off d light,wraped myself inside a blanket,backed him and told him to lock d door when he leaves,dat was wen he got d message,he felt upset but i didnt care because i just needed to sleep and his conversation was already borin me and of which i was usin actions to tell him but wasnt gettingill i became rude.we later made up but we just say hi n i quickly take off bfor he arrest me with over talking
grin grin grin
very funny, so u virtually tried everything and your friend ekene didnt connect with your restrictions...he must be a radio with no signal.
grin
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by batiatus(m): 6:16pm On Oct 24, 2012
the fuuny thing is dat wen the stop talking to you, you starting missing them.

3 Likes

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by sushieater: 6:33pm On Oct 24, 2012
Where's Eddie Murphy's tree in ''A Thousand Words'' movie when you need it?..I wish the tree was real sha
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by charlsecy4(m): 6:44pm On Oct 24, 2012
[size=14]This is applicable, but the author should learn how to use the word, "BEST."[/size]
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by annawhite(f): 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2012
developed a thick skin;ever wonder how I've been able to survive 190,u know he's quite a chatter bo
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by harlos: 6:59pm On Oct 24, 2012
Me sef jst cut myself frm ur post cos u tooo dey talk...any way I get friends lyk and thats almost the way I deal with them.
Don't want to talk too much.
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by Chemmzy(f): 7:02pm On Oct 24, 2012
Hahahahaha.......Very funny
I have about 4 peeps in that category, buh one is the worst of all, I don't always pray he meets me at home anytime he comes visiting, because I still wonder if he has play & purse button in his mouth, no matter how long u've seen, any day, time, minutes he sees u, he'll continue from where the conversations stopped the last time u met. He always starts with.....
Eeeeheeen, as we were saying that day, I said............
U now replied that............
So I said..................can u remember? That was when ur friend's call came in, after u droPped the call, u now said.................
I was now telling u that.............................(in fact, he'll be telling me everything I was doing while the conversation was going on)
So anytime, I see him, if I dare wait for him to start his "As we are saying that day......
I know i'm in trouble because, different topics will be attaching what we were saying that day and for 10hours. He might still be gisting, so the best way I free myself is to pretend i'm sleeping. Buh if he caught me on the road, My dad send me message ni ooooo.

3 Likes

Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by albacete(m): 7:34pm On Oct 24, 2012
una too dey talk 2 much sef.
so wetin i suppose do?

grin
Re: Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends by SlyIg(f): 7:35pm On Oct 24, 2012
If my own talkative friend talks with her mouth alone,it wont be bothering me? But the way she demonstrates using her hand to touch and beat my shoulder upsets me a lot. I dnt kw how to tell her i dont always like it. She is a super talkative i tel ya.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Biggest Source Of Conflict In Your Relationship / Happy Birthday Kaboninc!!!! / Should Husbands Hide Money From Their Wives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.