Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,499 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral (29186 Views)

Gold-obsessed Man Shows Off Solid Gold Shirt, Takes Pimping To A Whole New Level / 'Dead' Boy Sits-up, Asks For Water At Own Funeral, Dies Again / Man Shows Up For Dwi Hearing -- With An Open Can Of Beer! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 23, 2012
A 41-year-old car washer shocked his family when he interrupted a funeral being held for him at his mother's home in the town of Alagoinhas in northeastern Brazil, police said Tuesday.

Police inspector Roberto Lima said by telephone that on Sunday Jose Marcos Araujo identified a body at the city morgue as being that of his brother, Gilberto. Lima said that Jose Marcos took the body to his mother's home where a wake was held.

"The confusion started when news started circulating that a car washer had been shot dead," Jose Marcos' wife, Ana Paula, told the UOL Internet news portal. "Police called my husband and told him that his brother had been killed and his body was at the morgue." Lima said the confusion was "understandable."

"The two men closely resembled each other and both worked as car washers," Lima said adding that the man whose body was in the morgue was named Genivaldo Santos Gama. He said further information on Gama was not immediately available.

A few hours before the Monday burial "a friend of Gilberto's saw him walking down the street and told him that his family was mourning him," he said. "So he went to his mother's home to let everyone know he was very much alive."

When Araujo showed up at his wake "some people fainted and others were so scared they ran away. It was a big shock," family friend Maria Menezes told the G1 online news site.

Gilberto's mother Marina Santana told reporters "I am overjoyed. What mother wouldn't be after being told that her son is dead and then sees him alive."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/gilberto-marcos-araujo_n_2006529.html?utm_hp_ref=world
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by jhydebaba(m): 11:41pm On Oct 23, 2012
Coincidence!!! lol at people fainting n picking race.
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by peterowode: 12:39am On Oct 24, 2012
why are they running away? are they not happy he is still alive

1 Like

Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 24, 2012
Dasgoromaradusana
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by MaxMoney(m): 12:44am On Oct 24, 2012
lol... Na there u go fear na...
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by pastormustwacc: 12:46am On Oct 24, 2012
Na wa for the mother. If it was x masquerading as the dead son, she should be careful. This is the reason why the medium business sells so much.
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 24, 2012
grin oboi...na to pick race na...
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by Iaz93: 12:53am On Oct 24, 2012
LmaOoo...
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by beamed: 12:53am On Oct 24, 2012
Watch out for a "soap series" on this. grin
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by batiatus(m): 12:59am On Oct 24, 2012
beamed: Watch out for a "soap series" on this. grin
there is '2nd chance' but slighly different from this

2 Likes

Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by acidtalk: 1:02am On Oct 24, 2012
beamed: Watch out for a "soap series" on this. grin

Nollywood you mean.

Starring Mr Ibu (Mr main man), Patience Uzoko, Aki and Pawpaw.

Directed by Novia
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by Areaboy2(m): 1:06am On Oct 24, 2012
That's good news for one family and bad news for the real family of the deceased undecided

2 Likes

Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by coolchris(m): 1:07am On Oct 24, 2012
Things
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by mallorca(m): 1:07am On Oct 24, 2012
acidtalk:

Nollywood you mean.

Starring Mr Ibu (Mr main man), Patience Uzoko, Aki and Pawpaw.

Directed by Novia
LOL
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by coolchris(m): 1:08am On Oct 24, 2012
it happened in china anyway.....
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by Areaboy2(m): 1:15am On Oct 24, 2012
@coolchris

What the hell has that picture got to do with this post? Why not open your own thread? !!!

5 Likes

Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by UmericanGirl(f): 1:28am On Oct 24, 2012
I would probably kill the man for making me think he was dead grin
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by Nobody: 1:30am On Oct 24, 2012
Lol.... Lmao...writing a movie on dis
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by ektbear: 1:40am On Oct 24, 2012
Heh. Straight out of Tom Sawyer.
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by sindyko(m): 2:29am On Oct 24, 2012
Y run helter skelter, pple funny sha.
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by Nobody: 2:38am On Oct 24, 2012
lol... If I was part of his family that organised the funeral, I would ask for refund, Give him hot slaps and tell him not to try dat shiit next time...

RUN ke? whey my money? pull his belt. grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by agohavivi(f): 2:40am On Oct 24, 2012
coolchris: Things are really happening, i was just surfing net early today and i came across this picture of Picture Of A Baby Born With 2 Faces

More Photos Visit http://www.varpal.com/forum/thread/146/photo-baby-in-china-born-with-second-face/
The child doesn't look like a two faced baby to me. It's an obvious case of genetic mutation. The mother was probably exposed to something unhealthy while pregnant that affected her baby's formation.
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by TUMIC(m): 4:55am On Oct 24, 2012
That eren't no extra face, it seem to be a kinda skin mask. Look beyond what ya see.
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by redsun(m): 4:59am On Oct 24, 2012
cool grin

How joyful his family would have been to realise he didnt die afterall,then another family will go into mourning.

Sadness and joy.
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by DJDOLA(m): 6:12am On Oct 24, 2012
Return of christ
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by saintvc(m): 6:18am On Oct 24, 2012
Bury him again
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by Andykuul: 6:24am On Oct 24, 2012
[quote author=coolchris]Things are really happening, i was just surfing net early today and i came across this picture of Picture Of A Baby Born With 2 Faces

More Photos Visit http://www.varpal.com/forum/thread/146/photo-baby-in-china-born-with-second-face/[/quoteNa to name am 2face idibia na.....lolz
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by dareyking(m): 6:30am On Oct 24, 2012
Na wash !:-|
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by dammytosh: 6:35am On Oct 24, 2012
We need to learn from this brazillian police. learn to investigate and say the actual event that happened. I can imagine this happening in Nigeria.

We will never know the truth and the lies would be passed to generations. the most annoying thing is that the mother will come out and attribute the event to a covenant miracle as a result of cevenant tithing to a church and a lot of funny prediction videos will go viral online.

It is high time Nigeria and Africa wake up from their superstitious slumber.

1 Like

Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by ATMC(f): 6:42am On Oct 24, 2012
...wait o, this happened in brazil? How come nobody called d guy's line? Or don't they have access to phone? Cos i know dt if d news of a person's death gets to me, my first reaction will be to call his line.
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by nerodenero: 6:59am On Oct 24, 2012
peterowode: why are they running away? are they not happy he is still alive
Most of them believe he is a ghost!
Re: Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral by solomto(f): 7:03am On Oct 24, 2012
ATMC: ...wait o, this happened in brazil? How come nobody called d guy's line? Or don't they have access to phone? Cos i know dt if d news of a person's death gets to me, my first reaction will be to call his line.
my brother once called her friend who was sick,he made the call around 12pm in d morning and her girl picked the call and the spoke about her health condition. Later he went to see her around 2pm bt saw people and her siblings crying,he asked what was wrong and they told him her girl just passed away around 8am that morning. Then who picked and spoked wt hm was wat he asked them which evrryone was perplexed.,he even showed them the call history., this is nt a movie bt a life experience that am aware of.
So,i never try calling any number of a dead individual.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Won The The Best Social Forum Award / FRSC Men Involved In Auto Crash In Ibadan. / People Who Woke-Up After Being Pronounced Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.