Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? (2155 Views)

Origin And History Of Anambra Towns / The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination / The Origin Of The Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by tomakint: 11:55pm On Oct 23, 2012
No gimmicks, just state the obvious!
Mine is Ondo (The Sunshine State)!
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by naturalwaves: 12:07am On Oct 24, 2012
Ondo too
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by AndreUweh(m): 12:26am On Oct 24, 2012
Isinweke, Ihitte/Uboma LGA, Imo state, Eastern Nigeria.
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by azeeza(f): 2:26am On Oct 24, 2012
Kogi state.
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 24, 2012
Abia!!!cheesycheesycheesy
the first state
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by tomakint: 1:42pm On Oct 24, 2012
naturalwaves: Ondo too

wao the 'MusicMan' so you are from my State, you see why we disagreed to agree quickly, blood is indeed thicker than water. Take care naturalwaves, I hope you are good!!!
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by naturalwaves: 1:54pm On Oct 24, 2012
tomakint:

wao the 'MusicMan' so you are from my State, you see why we disagreed to agree quickly, blood is indeed thicker than water. Take care naturalwaves, I hope you are good!!!

Lolz@ 'The musicman'.Blood is indeed thicker than water. Thanks man, I am good and doing fine.
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by tomakint: 1:55pm On Oct 24, 2012
naturalwaves:

Lolz@ 'The musicman'.Blood is indeed thicker than water. Thanks man, I am good and doing fine.

Good to hear that,men I don miss you (I am dead serious)! cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by ezotik: 1:58pm On Oct 24, 2012
edo - the heartbeat of the nation, and the state holding nigeria together.
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by tomakint: 2:04pm On Oct 24, 2012
inurmind: Abia!!!cheesycheesycheesy
the first state

wao my favourite of the Igbo states land of Isuikwuato and Abriba (Nigeria one and only small LONDON)! I just love that State!
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 24, 2012
tomakint: No gimmicks, just state the obvious!
Mine is Ondo (The Sunshine State)!

ANdre_uweh/ngodigha1, CLAIM YOUR STATE - STOP FAKING THE FUNK!!
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2012
Father - Epe, Lagos State..

Mother - Half Ibadan/Half Egba = Oyo and Ogun State...

Basically, I'm tri-coastal! However, I have to rep. for Lagos!! cool
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by slimyem: 9:46pm On Oct 24, 2012
Ondo state-proudly!!cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by ifeegee(f): 11:41pm On Oct 24, 2012
Abia state,God's own state.
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by tomakint: 1:53pm On Oct 25, 2012
shymexx:

shymexx, shymexx, shymexx this is my crib, it's not a place to spread 'tribal warfare' don't make me think you have enrolled in the 'Almajiri School of Dayokanu'! I never knew you've been hoodwinked by the lies of Dayokanu!
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by dayokanu(m): 10:23am On Oct 27, 2012
shymexx:

A man so ashamed of his state that claims Ondo,

Only a bastardd would reject his fathers house as for me

Ajisebi OYO laari OYO kiise bi baba Enikankan (We always see people struggling to be like OYO people, OYO's would never desire to be like anyone else)

I am from Ogbomoso. Ogbomoso Ilu Ajagungbade (He who fights wars to get his crown)Ogbomoso Ogbomojugun, Ogbomoso omo afo'gbo ja, Ibi won gbe n jeka ki won to muko yangan. omo ajegbin je karaun omo a fi karaun fo ri mu.
Be denu oko e sinmi, be denu oko e sinmi ogun o ja ja ko ko Ogbomoso ri be denu oko e sinmi

Warriors and brave men and women populated Ogbomoso. They were fearless and fierce in battle. Many wars fought but none was able to capture Ogbomoso town ship. Several war Chiefs rose to the rank of Are Onakakanfo in the Alafin’s Army. For instance, Toyege and Ojo Aburumaku were distinguished Are Onakakanfo. In recent time two famous Ogbomoso sons became Are Onakakanfo. They were Chief Samuel Oladoke Akintola an orator, journalist and tactful politician who rose to the rank of the Premier of the Old Western Region of Nigeria; and Colonel Benjamin Adekunle a brave and dignified soldier, who became the symbol of Ogbomoso fearlessness during the Nigerian Civil War

Land of great warriors, Land that produced the most Yoruba Generalissimos: Land of General Toyeje Akanni, Land of General Ojo Aburumaku Eso Ikoyi won kii gbofa leyin, iwaju ni won fii gbota. Agba Ikoyi to gbojo iku toree gbalu. Ikoyi Eso, arogun yo- Ikoyi warriors/generals dont receive arrows in the back, they face on coming bullets heads on. Elders of Ikoyi that heard of his day of death and went to get drummers rejoicing, Ikoyi generals that delight in wars, , Land of General Ladoke Akintola omo Loogun, Ajalaagbe omo kulodo, yagboyaaju omo kara
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by aljharem(m): 10:48am On Oct 27, 2012
Andre uweh = tomakint lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

When did Igbos start claiming Ondo state grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 27, 2012
Awe oo.......Omo Yoruba Le mi oo, SWAGA!

Born in Lagos (Center of excellence)
Dad - Ekiti! (Fountain of knowledge)
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by tomakint: 12:30pm On Oct 27, 2012
alj harem: Andre uweh = tomakint lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

When did Igbos start claiming Ondo state grin grin grin grin
No wonder people avoid you like a PLAGUE, and don't take you seriously but prefer ur other moniker, Dayokanu for constant bashing. Oh! don't bother to declare ur state since u re HIM! grin grin
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by tomakint: 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2012
[quote author=dayokanu]

A man so ashamed of his state that claims Ondo,

Only a bastardd would reject his fathers house as for me

Ajisebi OYO laari OYO kiise bi baba Enikankan (We always see people struggling to be like OYO people, OYO's would never desire to be like anyone else)

A simple question that requires a simple answer was asked, u reply with an epistle! undecided Guy, I hope this your TRIBALISM will not turn u into a madman soon! kai, wahala dey Nairaland oooo!
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by tomakint: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2012
slimyem: Ondo state-proudly!!cheesycheesycheesy
Really like your signature wink
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by dayokanu(m): 3:38pm On Oct 27, 2012
tomakint:
A simple question that requires a simple answer was asked, u reply with an epistle! undecided Guy, I hope this your TRIBALISM will not turn u into a madman soon! kai, wahala dey Nairaland oooo!

An old woman would start feeling uncomfortable when we mention "bones" in a statement, A bastaradd would start feeling uncomfortable when he hears DNA

Only one with questionable background would feel uncomfortable when another person hails his own lineage

I am proudly Ogbomoso, Proudly Oyo. Its only a Igbo impersonating Ondo that would feel uncomfortable with the words of praise for another persons lineage.
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by slimyem: 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2012
Topic says..."what are your states of Origin?"...NOT eulogise your hometown or state of Origin..
Hian!!
...some people sha!!
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by slimyem: 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2012
tomakint: Really like your signature wink
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by tomakint: 4:15pm On Oct 27, 2012
slimyem: Topic says..."what are your states of Origin?"...NOT eulogise your hometown or state of Origin..
Hian!!
...some people sha!!
Oh beautiful slimyem wink pay no mind to the psychopathic Dayokanu. He is tryin 2 b more Yoruba than Oduduwa, damn too tribalistic for my liking, as if Ogbomosho is that relevant to Yoruba nation undecided Oh I nearly forgot he is the grandson of that traitor to the Yorubas, Chief S.L Akintola!
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by dayokanu(m): 4:46pm On Oct 27, 2012
Someone who knows his grandfather is still better than the outcast OSU who is now claiming Ondo

Anyone who believes Tomakint is Yoruba must be on a long thing

This is how he described Yorubas in an earlier thread

tomakint:

Omo you are just there, indeed this is the absolute truth! [size=18pt]Very unpredictable set of people and highly fearful[/size]. Right on point pal!

https://www.nairaland.com/1007745/ogoniland-declares-independence/8#11674909
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by tomakint: 5:16pm On Oct 27, 2012
@Dayokanu, You goblin will not let me rest! Thank God u now know my State. Omo Akin ni mi, mi o gbudo sojo! In case u don't know an Ondo man is fearless that's why we have many Ganis amidst, we are no traitors, we give d best of brains to the country unlike those traitors u were mentioning. We (the Ondos) are unique, u can't compare ur brown-roofed Ogbomosho to my Akure, you are damn too local for my type.Try to visit other place in Nigeria maybe u'l learn faster. Indeed, u are a loser - tribalist
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by slimyem: 5:41pm On Oct 27, 2012
Tomakint,you are an Akure son...right?
Can you speak the dialect....??
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by tomakint: 6:02pm On Oct 27, 2012
slimyem: Tomakint,you are an Akure son...right?
Can you speak the dialect....??

Nope, I can't speak the dialect am not from Akure wink At least I can speak some Ondo, Idanre, Ikale dialects.I am an Ondo town man (that's my Dad's) the people that speak like they are singing.Of course, when AKure people are talking I do understand them. Are u from Akure? I have just gone thru ur diaries, very loaded and insightful as 4 ur cousin's wedding comin up soon, just keep prayin 4 her
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by naturalwaves: 6:31pm On Oct 27, 2012
tomakint:

Good to hear that,men I don miss you (I am dead serious)! cheesy cheesy

Really? I've not been seeing you for a while too.Where have U been?
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by tomakint: 6:50pm On Oct 27, 2012
naturalwaves:

Really? I've not been seeing you for a while too.Where have U been?

I have not been too frequent at the music section for sometimes but pays constant visits to the politics, romance, culture, sectarian politics sections.So, I have been around for a while now. I once read ur comment on the Mimiko's election sometimes, takia bro!
Re: Nairalanders: What Are Your States Of Origin? by EzePromoe: 7:09pm On Oct 27, 2012
I'm a Yoruigbo boy from Ekitimo undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is "Cup" Called In Your Native Language? / I Am Yoruba And I Dont Speak Yoruba, Come And Advise Or Insult Me Here / 200 Years Of Yoruba In Ghana: Culture, Honour, History Take Centre-stage In Accr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.