Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,690 members, 7,805,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada (8000 Views)

20 Sure Ways To Survive The Current Fuel Scarcity. / Truck Falls On Okada At Oshodi-Apapa Expressway (Photos) / Okada-Man, Student Crushed By Trailer In Benue (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by Pimples(m): 11:40am On Oct 24, 2012
slim poppa: Buy a wheel barrow and pay someone to push you to and from work
Great idea u've got there. How much is your charges for a month? I really need this service
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by nanaboi(m): 11:42am On Oct 24, 2012
White007, u're soooooo on point. Lwkmd4h
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by benzion72(m): 11:51am On Oct 24, 2012
What of personal power bike are they also banned
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by harlos: 11:56am On Oct 24, 2012
White007: Ten Tips to Survive Without Okada. 10. Buy shoe protectors. Replace as the need arises.

9. In relation to number 10, carry an extra pair of foot wear. (preferably slippers) in your bag (men inclusive). That bag should also carry the following: a small umbrella, water bottle and small chops to go.

8. Wear casual clothes to work. Change into your official clothes at work. Change back to the casual clothes for the journey back home. You don’t want. to look too official while trekking.

7. For the ladies, this is the time to smile from ear to ear with that ugly male colleague who drives a car and lives near your residence.

6. For the guys, buy a car before them tif your babe.

5. Save the money for your gym membership. You are getting enough exercise already.

4. Start trekking groups in your class,church,mosque,office etc. After all it is said that a trek trekked with companion is no trek at all (I just made that up obviously)

3. Learn how to entertain yourself in your own space. Stock up on game consoles, books, magazines, movies etc. Pay that DSTV
subscription too.

2. As the crime rate increases due to the okada ban, buy a gun.

1. If none of the above works, pack go your village and fulfil Fashola’s innate dream for Lagos state.

Abeg later. Let me prepare for this morning trek.

Eko o ni baje
add:- by a bicycle and ride to ur office without hold up cool
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by quicksylva(m): 12:36pm On Oct 24, 2012
Brilliant and hilarious.
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by doubleportion: 1:21pm On Oct 24, 2012
i think Taxi business be a good one now!
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by Novice1(m): 1:37pm On Oct 24, 2012
Bicycle all the way!!!! I think we have became too lazy with the availability of okada.
Advantages of a bicycle include:

->Near Zero Maintenance
->Thorough workout- you will gradulally see improvement in your health and appearance.
->No parking trouble-you can easily push it into your house and lean it on the wall.
->No fuel money, mechanics will not suck you anymore.
->LASTMA, police, road safety, VIO--- all of them will not give you a second glance.
->No number plate, MOT, sticker, radio tax, or whatever.

I think its time for guys to consider Bicyles dealerships and allied businesses

2 Likes

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by femmy2010(m): 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2012
6Months from now, an average Lagosian might look physically like an average Ethopian long distance runner.
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by Princessaleeza: 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2012
Use bicycle.
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by Feedmemore(f): 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2012
but fashola say make we no chop while driving! hope say he no apply to "while trekking"
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by femmy2010(m): 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2012
Princessaleeza: Use bicycle.

What ended Minister Madueke that once promoted the cycling culture a few years back?
Inspite of his many aids protecting/sheilding him from other road users,he fell and only God saved him he didn't break a major bone.
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 24, 2012
i trekked today from ojuelegba to obanikoro, and it wasnt funny really.
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by joinnow: 8:15pm On Oct 24, 2012
Other thing this okada ban will cause
1 too many accident how you may ask this will force a lot of people to learn how to drive the wrong/ short cut way posing more treat on the already congested road.beware Big Learner (L)) passing.
2. Car price will soon go up. So if you dey budget 1.5mlm just quickly quickly increase to 1.8mlm all because of Okada ban
3. Driving School fees will go up. More customer for them.
4. More influx of car in lagos road
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by avicky(f): 8:30am On Oct 25, 2012
G.James:
Nice one. The trekking will help reduce accident rate.
GBAM!
Very true. And igbobi ortthopaedic hospital will rest small frm broken limbs, legs & hands victim.
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by harlos: 8:37am On Oct 25, 2012
avicky:
GBAM!
Very true. And igbobi ortthopaedic hospital will rest small frm broken limbs, legs & hands victim.
u forgot that trecking isn't save too,if it is in ur area its not everywhere. Cars will hit more people now.
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by dabossman(m): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2012
Time to go and buy that fourth tire for my 1985 Toyota Cressida begin dey do kabu-kabu. If u don't mind the slow pace, the smoking exhaust and the intermittent 'bang' that strikes fear into Boko Haram, join me from Abule-Egba to Ajah every morning and night.

Also make monthly subscription for a permanent seat.
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by jeezybuck: 1:14am On Oct 26, 2012
This should have made it to the front page, Lagosians will feel a lot better after reading this......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Technology Boom: Germany Launch Transparent Car / Under Inflated Tyres Are Highly Dangerous - Bridgestone GMM / 6 Major Causes Of Road Accidents In Nigeria And Tips To Prevent Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.