Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,272 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death (20554 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / Checkout This Homework Given To A 5-Year-Old Pupil (Photo) / Teacher In Lagos Forces Her Pupil To Brush Teeth With Sand As Punishment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by warrikid(m): 10:20am On Oct 24, 2012
peepo wey dem don kill for village finish go come put teacher for problem. na wa oooo
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by nagoma(m): 10:20am On Oct 24, 2012
It depends on what object was used for the beating. Beating with bare hand on head and face can certainly cause a vessel tear in the skull and trickling blood gradually compresses the brain and causes death. I hear that the girl fainted - perhaps the loss of conciousness was caused by a blow to the head. Home work is very important but should not attract such degree of violence on children.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by dhtml(m): 10:20am On Oct 24, 2012
*THIS POST SHALL SOON BE HIDDEN*

How does this nonsense thread affected the price of you-know-what in the market?
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by warrikid(m): 10:21am On Oct 24, 2012
Adetoro Bukola: I dont think d girl died as a result of flogx may be d girl is an ogbanje.This will serve as lesson for some teacher who knows ao 2 overbeat.
my point exactly
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by solomon111(m): 10:21am On Oct 24, 2012
Flogging dosen't kill jor.
It's necessary for effective discipline.
Folly abounds in the heart of a child,but a rod of correction will drive it far from him/her.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by dhtml(m): 10:21am On Oct 24, 2012
nagoma: It depends on what object was used for the beating. Beating with bare hand on head and face can certainly cause a vessel tear in the skull and trickling blood gradually compresses the brain and causes death. I hear that the girl fainted - perhaps the loss of conciousness was caused by a blow to the head. Home work is very important but should not attract such degree of violence on children.

Some people do not realize how fragile the human body really is. Someone can die as a result of a simple knock on the head.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 24, 2012
Eyaaa... Teacher y? Transfer of agression on the pupil for non implementation of minimum wage by state govt. Public schools and their wahala... Smh

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Okijajuju1(m): 10:23am On Oct 24, 2012
solomon111: Flogging dosen't kill jor.
It's necessary for effective discipline.
Folly abounds in the heart of a child,but a rod of correction will drive it far from him/her.

PREACH!!!

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by NEROSKY(m): 10:24am On Oct 24, 2012
what is döne to that teacher
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by dareyking(m): 10:25am On Oct 24, 2012
Itz time 4 da teacher to finish wat she jst finishd cookin. Chop well ehn... Nd i tink u will also have to visit kirikiri to eat beans dat is enriched wit kokoro.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by dominique(f): 10:28am On Oct 24, 2012
Okija_juju: Flogging doesnt kill..

She probably had some other illness that the flogging aggravated..

exactly what i was thinking. reminds me of a case my mum told me of one student who kept pleading with the teacher not to flog her cos she's sick. the teacher went ahead and the girl collapsed and died on they way ro the hospital. teacher fled and was not heard from again (this was pre gsm era).
i'm not totally against flogging but moderation is the keyword...
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by azpekuliar: 10:30am On Oct 24, 2012
Poor girl! Thank God say, no be Isoko man born am.

If she had been taught by my best teacher ever (my dad!) I doubt she would have made it past her 10th birthday!
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by dominique(f): 10:35am On Oct 24, 2012
...besides, there are other disciplinary actions more effective than canning.

@those wondering. the hidden first post was a get-rich-quick scam.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by redsun(m): 10:38am On Oct 24, 2012
warrikid: peepo wey dem don kill for village finish go come put teacher for problem. na wa oooo

Yeah,this is the kind of children they train.Unpardonably irrational.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by deletrue: 10:38am On Oct 24, 2012
1 shortblackboy: Hian this 1 wey d 1st post was hidden wetin happen
pls, don't know what it means if a post is hidden. What does this mean? Apart from you others complained the same way. Could it be that the persons made some important revelation of an issue?
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Bezed(m): 10:40am On Oct 24, 2012
dnawah: The teacher of the year 2012.this is how they suffer to bring up presidents,governors,docs,engrs,but never recognise in the society.i blame her parents.good parents alway make sure that they children do they home work and go visit the school to no how they children r doing.teachers are not our enemies.
you are very dumb..
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by luluosas(m): 10:41am On Oct 24, 2012
I don't believe the girl died as a result of the flogging. After all, my master once flogged me with quarter rod iron and I am still alive till today.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Clemzy16(m): 10:42am On Oct 24, 2012
onye ego:
That's d most senseless thing I've heard in a while.
SMH! Did you even bother to read the rest of his posts. One of the reasons why this country keeps progressing backward. @post i still finds it difficult to believe that the girl died as a result of the flogging. But It's high time we do away with this whole flogging thing in primary/secondary schools. Like someone rightly said this is the 21th centrty. Things like this don't happen in others developed nations. Some weeks back it was a teacher that flogged the grand-daughter of the oba of Benin to the extent of her bleeding in the spot. I remember some people were saying 'can't she be flogged because she is a princess. But the truth of the matter is that floging is evil and should be prohibited. What would people say if they had flogged the princess to death, just like what had occur to this poor girl. I still believe there are better ways to correct a child than flogging, and one of the ways is correction but if the student persist with such attitude then detention before suspension if necessary. either ways the teacher responsible from the death of this girl should not to left to go scott-free, she should serve a jail term which will act as a detriment to other teachers around the country to the mindful with the way and manner in which they discipline their students.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by UdekeJ(m): 10:43am On Oct 24, 2012
embarassed its her fate! My condolence to her parents,may God give them the fortitude to bear their loss!
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by redsun(m): 10:51am On Oct 24, 2012
luluosas: I don't believe the girl died as a result of the flogging. After all, my master once flogged me with quarter rod iron and I am still alive till today.

Not everybody dies from violent abuses,but it leaves marks in different ways.The mark of inherent abuse in nigerian society is people's inability to use their cognitive senses,hence the unreasonableness,chaos and miseries.

Adults are like babies,because they have learnt the facts of life that they have to use thier brains and initiatives in solving problems,instead of resorting to senseless copying,force and violence like they have been taught.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Sijo01(f): 10:52am On Oct 24, 2012
CHESSBOARD: shocked

Teacher flogged your Bum-bum and you lost one of your teeth, Nairaland!!!shockedshockedshocked

were u dere?? na only bum-bum, dem dey flog person? Aggressive teacher don touch u bfor?..... Use ur head bfor u open ur mouth next time!

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by lovethsophia: 10:55am On Oct 24, 2012
Flogging can kill if it gets to an extent ooo. I remember the experience I had when one bastard/useless boy slapped me on my face. I nearly fainted if not of God's grace, maybe the boy would hv been in the shoes of the teacher by now. its good we treat others with human feeling and not with the heart of a beast. When that teacher started the flogging and saw that the child is in pain, she was supposed to stop.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by cantell(m): 11:08am On Oct 24, 2012
heluti: Some teachers act as if they are mini gods wen a cane is in their hands.Jst last week, i had to personally warn a teacher in my daughter's school who hit her on the head with a stick. I also think flogging shld be banned outrightly in schools.
If only you knew what some kids do, you'll feel sorry for the teachers.
I went to my mum's school to deliver a message to her some years back and the moment i came into her class, i felt sorry for her.
The noise from women in the market seemed like a joke compared to what the little brats in her class were generating.
My mum smiled when she saw the look of expression on my face. She hit her cane on the table and there was silence. Just as she was about to say something to them, one little mofo at the back tapped on his desk three times(way of greeting teachers/visitors in public school) and in unison they said, "Good morning sir". My mum sighed heavily and i burst out laughing. The little punks joined me.
I had to stay with my mother the rest of the day to control them while she worked on their result sheet.
NB. I don't support teachers who go overboard when they discipline kids.
I had a few in my school days and i hated them like mad.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by bokohalal(m): 11:10am On Oct 24, 2012
Okija_juju: Flogging doesnt kill..

She probably had some other illness that the flogging aggravated..

Eggshell rule.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Rooneyboy(m): 11:12am On Oct 24, 2012
oh boi I tire o,
I was the first to comment and I actually made a nice and decent comment(at least to me)
For crying out loud I'm not and will never be a garri activist so I'm still wondering the moderator deleted my comment.

And I would like to repeat exactly what I wrote before ,

and I quote " it would be advisable they take that teacher to a psychiatric hospital and check her mental state "

Pls make una come tell me wetin dey wrong for that comment.

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by freecocoa(f): 11:21am On Oct 24, 2012
See what I was saying the other day, most of these teachers are frustrated, they flog people's children with reckless abandon.
Well let her face the wrath of the law.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 24, 2012
SMH at some very silly and st@upid responses.

If anyone is being flogged mercilessly, there's likelihood for such one to collapse and die. People have different body pain resistance. Some children arent strong enough to be canned 36 strokes, whilst others can withstand koboko 100 times.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by ifyalways(f): 11:28am On Oct 24, 2012
A child didn't do her homework and the best thing they could do was flog her?

Some teachers need re-orientation. Same way they flog students for non payment of school fees, late coming and other offences that are caused by "negligence on the part of the parents"

Such an unfortunate news.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by twilliamx(m): 11:34am On Oct 24, 2012
sylve11: Get the teacher and the principal arrested first before anyother. cool
Unless flogging a pupil as been outlawed that is when the teacher can be held liable, what they should do Is to do an autopsy on the girl, no one knows if the girl, had been abused @ home, maybe underfed, maybe suffering from a terminal disease unknown to her parents, all this assumption would have not been there if they had done an autopsy on the girl before she was quickly buried by her parents...mtscheeeew..9ja police..they don't even know their job..
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by 677ano(m): 11:37am On Oct 24, 2012
I still can not fathom why school teachers are allowed to flog/beat
Their students despite all the rules and laws in place in the United Nations charters
Regarding the welfare of the children/minors.

The teacher should be prosecuted for murder, then jailed to deter others from flogging anyone at school
This is an indication that these types teachers are not informed on the laws from UN regarding the abuse of children.

My heart goes to the unfortunate parents who sent their child to school to learn only to have her flogged to death
may God grant them the strength to cope with the situation they have been put in.

There are a lot of ways to punish a child/student without having to flog them
There is the need to evaluate those allowed teach in schools in Nigeria
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by sdiq: 11:39am On Oct 24, 2012
i swear if them do cane recieving competition na me go carry first

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Mathematics And Statistics Project Topics And Materials / Student Expelled From Unibadan For Insulting VC, To Appeal In 14 Days. / All 14 NANS Presidential Aspirants In 1 Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.