Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration (14516 Views)

Wizkid Causes Stampede At Felabration After Throwing N100,000 Into Crowd / MayD Launches 'Confam Entertainment' Record Label / [Official Video] P-square - Chop My Money Remix feat. Akon & May D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by bluelaptop: 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2012
May D may or may not know what he has done; but the tides are already heating up and soon, there may be just another messy war between him and Square records barely two months after he was dropped by the label.

At Felabration 2012 held recently at the New Afrika Shrine, Akinmayokun May D Awodumila was one of the selected artistes to perform and indeed he performed.

P Square and May D in good times

May D threw caution to the wind and stormed the stage with P Square’s Do as I do which featured Tiwa Savage and himself.

He didn’t stop there as he went quickly into his award winning single Soundtrack before diving headlong into Chop my Money. May D wrapped up his act with his hit single Ile Ijo.

In all of P Square’s songs performed on this night, May D didn’t stick to his lines, rather, he took the entire songs from start from finish.

The crowd, however, didn’t seem to notice or perhaps were not bothered as they hollered and danced away the entire time.

Square Records boss Jude Engees Okoye had in a statement issued in August this year, announced that the label was severing ties with May D due to irreconcilable differences. A month later, May D launched own label Confam Entertainment.

His single Soundtrack fetched him the ‘Best R&B Single’ award at The Headies this year.

SOURCE VANGUARD

1 Like

Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by bluelaptop: 6:01pm On Oct 24, 2012
i can't wait to see how p square will react to this
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by Kassidy90(m): 9:33am On Oct 25, 2012
Trouble dey sleep.........May D go wake am

1 Like

Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by Ariyke: 9:35am On Oct 25, 2012
This guy self
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by NSNA: 9:38am On Oct 25, 2012
No wrong here,

people can perform on stage without royalties. It is more of a privilege to the real rights owner.

That is why you watch Xfactor and people can sing whatever they want.

It becomes business when it is been sold as your own in audio visual, then you need rights.

Also this dudes called P square have got to take it easy, they started by dancing and perfoming to Michael Jackson songs on stage

4 Likes

Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 25, 2012
May be he wrote the song afterall! Can't wait to see d drama dat will soon unfold or perhaps nothing go even happen!
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 25, 2012
The only reason he would have the guts to do that is if he was the songwriter of those musics...perhaps his claims were right.lets watch and see p square's reaction.something tells me they wont say a thing

1 Like

Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by 2sexy(m): 9:44am On Oct 25, 2012
DanoskyZ: May be he wrote the song afterall! Can't wait to see d drama dat will soon unfold or perhaps nothing go even happen!
lol... true talk jor. maybe.

A lot of top artist use other un-heard artist to make wave but unfortunately, there isnt any way to protect the intellectual property in this regard here in Naija... or make money off it.

But I thik it can still be done if one get a lawyer and even initiate it so that other artist can follow up.
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by ibiyooye(m): 9:45am On Oct 25, 2012
bluelaptop: May D may or may not know what he has done; but the tides are already heating up and soon, there may be just another messy war between him and Square records barely two months after he was dropped by the label.

At Felabration 2012 held recently at the New Afrika Shrine, Akinmayokun May D Awodumila was one of the selected artistes to perform and indeed he performed.

P Square and May D in good times

May D threw caution to the wind and stormed the stage with P Square’s Do as I do which featured Tiwa Savage and himself.

He didn’t stop there as he went quickly into his award winning single Soundtrack before diving headlong into Chop my Money. May D wrapped up his act with his hit single Ile Ijo.

In all of P Square’s songs performed on this night, May D didn’t stick to his lines, rather, he took the entire songs from start from finish.

The crowd, however, didn’t seem to notice or perhaps were not bothered as they hollered and danced away the entire time.

Square Records boss Jude Engees Okoye had in a statement issued in August this year, announced that the label was severing ties with May D due to irreconcilable differences. A month later, May D launched own label Confam Entertainment.

His single Soundtrack fetched him the ‘Best R&B Single’ award at The Headies this year.

SOURCE VANGUARD
May D should have skip out p square line instead of performing a whole track. Well, d guy dey proof omoakin
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by ebamma(m): 9:46am On Oct 25, 2012
Na today even psquare don copy people songs tire,
maybe na the law of karma wan catch them
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by ibiyooye(m): 9:48am On Oct 25, 2012
Yes now.......let's go may d
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by Fabolousibk1(m): 9:50am On Oct 25, 2012
May d or may b.U̶̲̥̅̊ dnt hav 2 do dis naww,dat is totally wrong,bt let's wait and see hw p square will react 2 dis.till then I rest ♍♈ case.LƠ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡L
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 25, 2012
Who knows if it was May D who wrote d songs or he jointly wrote it?
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by sergio(m): 9:53am On Oct 25, 2012
NSNA: No wrong here,

people can perform on stage without royalties. It is more of a privilege to the real rights owner.

That is why you watch Xfactor and people can sing whatever they want.

It becomes business when it is been sold as your own in audio visual, then you need rights.

That's another dimension to copyright infringement. May D was paid to perform a track co produced by himself and P-square, he cannot do that, its very wrong.

On X-factor, contestants peform other people's song and are not paid for it, this case is very different and its wrong. I guess may D is either very stupid or ready for what's coming

Also this dudes called P square have got to take it easy, they started by dancing and perfoming to Michael Jackson songs on stage

3 Likes

Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by basher(m): 9:55am On Oct 25, 2012
Nothing wrong there.

[size=30pt]****THREAD CLOSED****[/size]
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by 2sexy(m): 9:56am On Oct 25, 2012
ebamma: Na today even psquare don copy people songs tire,
maybe na the law of karma wan catch them
Gbam... Guy you know music no be small. Just go back to old school, add salt and pepper, package am, sell to the public and see people go crazy.

Anyway, in the world of business, copying is legally allowed and a smart guy, copy and make money in the easy way.
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by cameronese(m): 9:58am On Oct 25, 2012
Dragging issue with may d? P-Square is far bigger than that
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by OkwaIfugo(m): 10:09am On Oct 25, 2012
well lets know how Psquare will feel.
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 25, 2012
cameronese: Dragging issue with may d? P-Square is far bigger than that

Bigger than what??
Didn't they release a press notice some months back disbanding May D??
Abeg they are just celebrities and in no way different from a banker who would do anythin to kip his job.
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by Clemzy16(m): 10:13am On Oct 25, 2012
Monkey dey sleep baboo go wake am. Even though May d did a collabo with square records on those tracks dosen't mean the songs are legally his. In the entertainment industry, there is a war against copyright. The songs originally belongs to p-square and he should respect them for that especially now that they have broken apart.
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by idowuswap: 10:16am On Oct 25, 2012
Why mayD go mingle him self with igbo people wey like robbery as business mean while na yoruba land all of them dey make money lagos. why p square no blow when then dey jos until dey come yorubaland lagos.bcuz lagos be like U.S.A for igbos side.imagine mama emeka my son dey go lagos 2morrow.heeyy congratulation.
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by Francheezy(m): 10:24am On Oct 25, 2012
idowuswap: Why mayD go mingle him self with igbo people wey like robbery as business mean while na yoruba land all of them dey make money lagos. why p square no blow when then dey jos until dey come yorubaland lagos.bcuz lagos be like U.S.A for igbos side.imagine mama emeka my son dey go lagos 2morrow.heeyy congratulation.
Mur0n5

7 Likes

Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by irecruit(m): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2012
THAT IS NOT GOOD O MAY D. WHY DIDNT HE GIVE P-SQUARE A LITTLE RESPECT. MAY GOD DELIVER HIM
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by RajiBabatunde(m): 10:28am On Oct 25, 2012
Na trouble diz guy won wake up...moo we c wetin square record go say...but na beef dem go start nw...
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by wellmax(m): 10:33am On Oct 25, 2012
idowuswap: Why mayD go mingle him self with igbo people....
Idowuswap, I am Yoruba and I am ashamed of you.

6 Likes

Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 25, 2012
idowuswap: Why mayD go mingle him self with igbo people wey like robbery as business mean while na yoruba land all of them dey make money lagos. why p square no blow when then dey jos until dey come yorubaland lagos.bcuz lagos be like U.S.A for igbos side.imagine mama emeka my son dey go lagos 2morrow.heeyy congratulation.
u such an idiot! ...jobless fool...p-square blow 4 yoruba land,u wey dem born 4 yoruba land nvr archieve anytin, shame on u.

6 Likes

Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 25, 2012
OkwaIfugo: well lets know how Psquare will feel.
e be like u r d..d shocked oboy.. we go hear na undecided
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 25, 2012
see you here

Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by DeGenius3(m): 10:40am On Oct 25, 2012
just waiting to hear what P SQUARE will do.
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by slimyem: 10:42am On Oct 25, 2012
....and the drama continues....
Re: MayD Performs 'Chop My Money' At Felabration by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 25, 2012
Trouble keh! Davido sang saucekids Carolina in a show at Malaysia wat happend,it just depends on the agreement they had,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chris Brown - Sensational (Official Video) Ft. Davido, Lojay / Bracket - Yori Yori / Who Is The Current Best Gospel Artiste In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.