Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Why Do You Love My Atm Card - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Love My Atm Card (913 Views)

I Love My Eastern European Wife. She Is A True Gift From God. / I Love My Girlfriend But I'm Tired And Not Sexually Moved By Her Anymore. . / My Girlfriend Took my ATM Card Without Permission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Love My Atm Card by blackwood(m): 5:40am On Jan 26, 2008
My dear Nairaland users, Please forgive me for using the title above it is meant to draw ur attention strongly to what I feel we should all know. An email is being circulated around informing us to change our ATM pin in a secure website.Please I stongly Advice you ignore this message, this email is fake and they(the originators of the email are the real fraudsters).
A copy of the email is shown below:

From: "Interswitch Nigeria Security Team" <services_account@interswitchngngnet.com> Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Possible ATM Card Fraud,Change your PIN immediately. (URGENT!!)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 10:10:56 -0800
Attention Card Holder,

This is to inform you that yesterday, our network servers hosting 90% of the Nigerian ATM machines were infected with a Malware – a computer virus which is used by cyber criminals to access and steal information from a data base.

About 200,000 ATM card numbers, PIN numbers, and other ATM card details have been confirmed stolen by these criminals and at about 9 PM this morning, we have had about 420 complains of unauthorized cash withdrawals. We are currently working to resolve the situation but we strongly recommend that you MUST visit our secure web interface and change your ATM PIN with immediate effect.

All ATM Card holders are strongly required to change your ATM PIN via our secured web interface by clicking here.

Please note that you are to change your PIN only by visitng the web interface alone. DO NOT change your PIN from the ATM machines as some of the systems are still infected with the Malware.

Note that if you do not change your PIN via our secured web interface, these criminals can withdraw funds from your account with out your consent as they already have most of the card details. Visit the Link below to change your ATM PIN http://interswitchwebinterface.com/0c451df1c1472684601f60ea88d473cc0c451df1c1472684601f60ea88d473ccddi4t/

Points to note:
the domain name for interswitch is interswitchng.com and not interswitchngngnet.com as shown in the senders email address in the fraudulent email

Note that if U ever make the mistake of changing ur ATM PIN on this fake website they will have access to ur ATM PIn and eventually your account.Lets all be careful,Please pass this info to all your friends and Loved ones.
Re: Why Do You Love My Atm Card by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 26, 2008
Thanks for your warning. Fraudsters will stop at nothing, it would appear!
Re: Why Do You Love My Atm Card by tngtech(m): 2:31pm On Jan 26, 2008
thanks man, i really appreciate. I promise am going 2 spread the news.
Re: Why Do You Love My Atm Card by mystikalb2(m): 6:10pm On Jan 26, 2008
thax men
Re: Why Do You Love My Atm Card by igbsam(m): 9:56pm On Jan 26, 2008
@poster

Thanks pal for the message. I think its good everyone knows about this fraudulent alert. Make una shine una eyes wellu welul. The Introduction of Modern Technology will draw hackers to attempt frauding / hacking Nigerians means of finance.
Re: Why Do You Love My Atm Card by 4gotnheros(m): 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2008
Men, this is really going to cause a lot of shits, the Americans too would be at ease a little, cause their saying would be, thank God they are now scamming and frauding themselves.

Men, advance technology and things made easy would only worsen NIGERIA.
Re: Why Do You Love My Atm Card by ThugLife1(m): 12:46am On Jan 27, 2008
lol
Re: Why Do You Love My Atm Card by RUTHEWENE: 1:11pm On May 09, 2011
Thanks alot loo smiley
Re: Why Do You Love My Atm Card by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 09, 2011
I recieved a fraud-intent grin email from someone claiming to be from Nairaland not to long ago. I replied 'lol' and blocked his or her azz. grin

(1) (Reply)

Does A Man Need A Woman? Does A Woman Need A Man? / Help It Is Urgent Before She Stops To Feel For Me / Am I In Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.